Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 475. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I can't even get SMOS to load. I try to load it and all that happens is my screen either goes black and nothing ever comes up, or I get all these blue and red lines on a white screen.

I have MSI Z170A too. Updated bios, enabled the gen 1 and 4g coder. Works fine on windows 10. Sees all seven of my rx580 video cards - but then of course, I try to install the AMD driver and it won't load after that unless, I remove two of the cards (5 total). Then it works fine. A little unstable, but working okay.

I'd love to get all 7 cards. Can anyone confirm that SMOS works with all 7 on the Z170A? And if so, how? What version of SMOS? Steps? Is there a way to do SMOS in UEFI? This board doesn't seem to like non-UEFI.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
It pulls more power than Windows , about 20W for ecah card
Activity: 116

@Sequoia93,
With the MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON, I was able to get only 4 out of 7 GPUs to show up in SmOS.
Tomorrow, I will try flashing the MoBo with 1.7 and then try using Jaz80's solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18791409

Yeah Windows seems doable, i'm just hoping someone will find a solution to get all 7 running on smOS! Between us all I'm sure its doable  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Do you think this versions you've just updated could make a 7x 570 mining rig work?
If the answer is yes, then I will try it tomorrow and give you feedback Smiley
I think no problem running even 10 GPUs.

Hello tytanick, I want ask a question...
Many people in my country really like your system, but the vast majority do not know speak English, and do not know how to make bootable a pendrive with your system, I have been helping many, and has been through an idea ... Buy pendrives prepare them With your system and sell them, of course if you authorize me and give me your permission.
Hi, Flashing process is on yourube, you dont need to know english Smiley
Anyway i dont permit selling pendrives with my OS.

Just wandering if anyone is using an MSI rx570 4gb on smOS.  I have the armor version and just out of the box it is not recognized by smOS
I have RX570 Gigabyte G1 4GB and they working fine with RX OS.
You are using Claymore miner ? RX OS ?

I've been fiddling around with different undervolts and settings - some reason using Powerstage @ 1 uses 10% more power than 2. Same hash rates and other settings, power usage measured @ plug.
Any idea whats going on?
This option is experimental so everything is possible Tongue
Also it isnt the good way to undervolt and amdgpu/kernel doesnt support those experimental changes so it will be unstable.
Best is to undervolt via adding Offset to bios.

As windows boots only in uefi mode with "Above 4G decoding", maybe linux should be booted in uefi mode?
Heliox says that we need to use UEFI booting so its worth to try.

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Can anyone give me info on smOS and its compatibility with the MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON mobo, as well as the 5xx series cards? I know some people have trouble getting 7 cards to run on this mobo, and am curious if anyone has used this board with 7 GPUs + smOS.
I just got this MoBo and 7 x 470 GPUs delivered. Waiting for my CPU and will be setting up over the weekend. I bought a G4600 as that's the only Celeron CPU that Part picker says is compatible.

This MoBo is recommended here:

http://1stminingrig.com/msi-z170a-gaming-pro-carbon-motherboard-review-mining-performance/

It may need the BIOS to be flashed. I will try it on SmOS before I do any flashing.

I plan on getting a Skylake Celeron G3900 with it. I read somewhere on here that Kaby Lake series CPUs have more issues getting 7 cards to work. A G4600 is a Kaby Lake Pentium, not a Celeron. Looking forward to see your results with smOS though!
Sorry for the typo. I meant G4400. It is a Skylake series. Will let you know how it works out.

@Sequoia93,
With the MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON, I was able to get only 4 out of 7 GPUs to show up in SmOS.
Tomorrow, I will try flashing the MoBo with 1.7 and then try using Jaz80's solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18791409

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Just wandering if anyone is using an MSI rx570 4gb on smOS.  I have the armor version and just out of the box it is not recognized by smOS

I'm running the Twin frozr version on a rig with 5 x 480. It runs fine and only 8 to 10 Sols less than my 480s.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I've setup this on my 3GPU rig. it runs fine.

I have a simple question: what should I enter in the fields of overclock setup? I want my GPU's run with different clocks because of heat issues. That field only allows one value for all gpus. I tried to enter values seperating with , (comma) but it did not work.

This works:

This does not work:
1250, 1150,  1100

Still did not work.

is there any file that I can modify inside the rig? I can find my way around linux with ssh. (Actually I do not have any running windows computer, all my computers run linux)

I have a simple question: what should I enter in the fields of overclock setup? I want my GPU's run with different clocks because of heat issues. That field only allows one value for all gpus. I tried to enter values seperating with , (comma) but it did not work.

This works:

This does not work:
1250, 1150,  1100

Thank you.

I was trying to enter like
1250, 1150,  1100

Activity: 18
Hello. Trying SMOS for the first time. All went fine except one. I get "No matching records found" in the dashbord. Rig is online. I can ssh into it.

Code:
root@simpleminer:~# telnet simplemining.net 443
Trying 104.25.183.36...
Connected to simplemining.net.
Escape character is '^]'.

Mining is running to authors wallet. Also tried

Code:
root@simpleminer:~/utils# ./update_status.sh

by hand. Got this cloudflare shit:

Code:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

*** cut ***

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?

*** cut ***

Any idea what could go wrong? Workaround was to kill all cron staff and run claymore by hand with my own params Sad
Maybe there is something else i should provide?

osVersion=1090
Linux simpleminer 4.11.0-041100rc3-generic #201703192331 SMP Mon Mar 20 03:33:57 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

running behind a nat. ISP is not blocking or dpi-ing anything.

UPD: tytanick, i PM'd u some more info. Pls look.

UPD2: Burned another USB stick, enterd enother email in config, booted, still get "No matching records found" in dashboard.
Activity: 42

This works:

This does not work:
1250, 1150,  1100

Activity: 33
Try disabling UEFI and olso do those:

- if not all gpus are working try changing PCI GEN to 2 or 1 or AUTO
- make integrated GPU as default
- upgrade bios to newest or not Tongue
- Use a Skylake processor
- enable 4G decoding

If non of those will help and also none from those images helps then i really have no idea Cheesy

Tytanick,

I just wanted to confirm that I am still able to to boot smOS with above 4G decoding enabled on two separate MSI z170a M5 mobos.

To those of you having problems, are you running the Beta kernel (4.11rc3)?

Are you SURE you have downloaded and successfully installed MSI's updated bios (1.D)?

If you haven't updated the BIOS to 1.D, you will not be able to get it to boot properly with the board fully loaded with cards without doing some hacking on the BIOS.

MSI Gaming Pro Carbon with the newest v1.7 bios. Any ideas?

I'm sorry to say that I am out of ideas beyond what I have posted over the last week or two. If you have tried everything I posted, I'm at a loss.

EDIT: You may want to compare the release date for the latest BIOS for your mobo with BIOS ver. 1.D for the z170a M5 board. If your BIOS predates 1.D, it may be that MSI hasn't updated your BIOS to handle more cards since my mobo couldn't handle a full set of cards without hacking until BIOS ver. 1.D.

As windows boots only in uefi mode with "Above 4G decoding", maybe linux should be booted in uefi mode?
Activity: 23
I've been fiddling around with different undervolts and settings - some reason using Powerstage @ 1 uses 10% more power than 2. Same hash rates and other settings, power usage measured @ plug.

Any idea whats going on?
Activity: 154
Just wandering if anyone is using an MSI rx570 4gb on smOS.  I have the armor version and just out of the box it is not recognized by smOS
Activity: 53

- enable 4G decoding

If non of those will help and also none from those images helps then i really have no idea Cheesy

Tytanick,

I just wanted to confirm that I am still able to to boot smOS with above 4G decoding enabled on two separate MSI z170a M5 mobos.

Are you SURE you have downloaded and successfully installed MSI's updated bios (1.D)?

If you haven't updated the BIOS to 1.D, you will not be able to get it to boot properly with the board fully loaded with cards without doing some hacking on the BIOS.

I'm sorry to say that I am out of ideas beyond what I have posted over the last week or two. If you have tried everything I posted, I'm at a loss.

EDIT: You may want to compare the release date for the latest BIOS for your mobo with BIOS ver. 1.D for the z170a M5 board. If your BIOS predates 1.D, it may be that MSI hasn't updated your BIOS to handle more cards since my mobo couldn't handle a full set of cards without hacking until BIOS ver. 1.D.

- enable 4G decoding

Tytanick,

Activity: 116
Hello tytanick, I want ask a question...

Many people in my country really like your system, but the vast majority do not know speak English, and do not know how to make bootable a pendrive with your system, I have been helping many, and has been through an idea ... Buy pendrives prepare them With your system and sell them, of course if you authorize me and give me your permission.
Activity: 36
UPDATE v1094:
update/replaced claymore-eth-v9.2 by claymore-eth-v9.3
(reload/reboot to start using it if you are using 9.2 now)

Z170 / Z270 - 4G or other boot problems on your motherboard / Possible solution
I prepared few different verions of kernels with different boot settings.
If you had problem with current SMOS version, please check those below.
Download each image FROM the TOP and reflash it and tell me:
1. What problem you had
2. Which images didnt fixed this problem
3. Which images Fixed your problem
note. If you will have error AFTER 14'000'000 secotr in flashing, then ignore it and consider it flashed succesfully ! Smiley

Please download and flash those images. Take first, flash, boot, if wont help take one below... etc ...
Please write what was your problem and REPLY which didnt fixed your problem and which DID.

0ANDips0.imgc
https://beta.simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.10.12-16.60-i915fw.imgc

Do you think this versions you've just updated could make a 7x 570 mining rig work?

If the answer is yes, then I will try it tomorrow and give you feedback Smiley
Activity: 53

- enable 4G decoding

Tytanick,

simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc:
- does update after boot
- works with 3gpu, does not work with 5 gpu
- does not fully boot with above 4g decoding enabled

simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.10.12-16.60-i915fw.imgc
- not booting with above 4g enabled
- hangs at boot like the other with >4gpu

Maybe it's important, windows boot's only in UEFI mode with the above 4g option enabled. Without the above 4g option windows boots normal and uefi but only 6gpu will be loaded, 7th gpu will get error #12.
Jump to: