Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 473. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
tytanick, is their an issue with updating the drivers in smOS.  I show 16.30 but would like to go to 16.60 and I dont know when you update your os remotely if it overwrites the driver change.
You can press update button yourself.
I wont push this change to all rigs becasue it can cause may problems but mostly it should work fine.
Press it yourself Smiley

on v1095 I am still maxing out at 24.5 mh
I guess you need custom bios mod with proper timings.
I am not taking care of it.

tytanic, I connected to my miner with ssh and found the sh scripts in /root folder.
Now I can modify the clock setting script to set the clocks individualy. I have 3 cards (r9 280x) and not all of them are the same brand and I have some cooling issues so I'd like to downclock the hotttest card to make them run cooler.
I need
1050/1500
1000/1450
850/1350

I can make this by modifying and harcoding the clocks values but I think they may be overwritten with automatic updates.
Anyway that you can add this functionalty to the system?

Maybe you should put those scripts and other codes in a github repo so we can contribute.

I think i can implement this into R OS version like i did with RX OS.
Its stimple few lines. I will add this to my todo list

Thank you.

if you open a github repo for the codes, we can help too. Just consider it.

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Anyone had luck with the Asus 570 4gb cards? Using the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 R5 which we have several 6 card 470's running on now. The rig detects all 6 570's and proceeds to mine until the first job from the pool is handed out. At the point mining freezes and all the cards hang in open CL. I have updated the Drivers and the linux kernel aswell, before updating the drivers the cards were getting zero hashes.

I should also mention that I have swapped the cpu 2 times, flashdrive twice and installed a new stick of 8gb ram. and still no dice

Thank You

I have a rig with 4 Asus 470s and 2 Asus 570s.  Works fine. No problems. No need to update drivers or kernel.

There's something else wrong with your rig.

I'm having the same exact problem he is. My RX 580s average approximately 3.5 mh/s less on smOS compare to windows. Now, I'm not foolhardy enough to throw around absolute statements concerning the root cause of smOS's relative poor performance running my RX 580s relative to windows based solely on my own observation, two people's observations, or even three people's observations. Maybe you should give reserving judgment and avoiding jumping to conclusions a try. You may like it.
An Update on the rig, Last night I built a 6 Card Msi Armor 570 4gb rig for myself. 6 cards work perfect right out of the gate! This morning I was trouble shooting the rig, I went card by card all was well until i added the 6th gpu. fails just like before. I take the 5th gpu out and leave the 6th, Works fine. Take the 6th gpu out leave the 5th, again works fine. Swapped mobo slots aswell and still no dice. Pretty stumped and just thinking this is a one off mobo that doesn't like 6 cards.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
tytanick, is their an issue with updating the drivers in smOS.  I show 16.30 but would like to go to 16.60 and I dont know when you update your os remotely if it overwrites the driver change.
I wont push this change to all rigs becasue it can cause may problems but mostly it should work fine.
Press it yourself Smiley

tytanic, I connected to my miner with ssh and found the sh scripts in /root folder.
Now I can modify the clock setting script to set the clocks individualy. I have 3 cards (r9 280x) and not all of them are the same brand and I have some cooling issues so I'd like to downclock the hotttest card to make them run cooler.
I need
1050/1500
1000/1450
850/1350

I can make this by modifying and harcoding the clocks values but I think they may be overwritten with automatic updates.

Maybe you should put those scripts and other codes in a github repo so we can contribute.

I think i can implement this into R OS version like i did with RX OS.
Its stimple few lines. I will add this to my todo list
Activity: 322
Press it yourself Smiley

I need
1050/1500
1000/1450
850/1350

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Press it yourself Smiley

Activity: 129
Somebody had try this tool to set Vddc voltage in Volts?

https://github.com/matszpk/amdcovc
Activity: 154
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
tytanick,

The new kernel fixed an issue that popped up in relation to the newer AMD drivers. I referenced the ethereum forum link where ogodagirl said to use the ethash-new.cl kernel. That said, when I tried to just copy over the kernel file, the build of seminer-gm wouldn't recognize this new kernel.

Anyhow....time for tale of the tapes.....

After more than 12 hours of undisturbed hashing, it looks like Claymore is still the winner in average hashing efficiency. The two machines weren't equal but as close as I could make them at the time. Machine 1 had 3xRX470s with bios mods running the latest Claymore:
Reported, Avgerage, Effective
77.2 MH/s   81.8 MH/s   76.6 MH/s

The second machine had 2xRX470s with bios mods with the latest build of seminer-gm running the ethash-new kernel:

Reported, Avgerage, Effective
0 H/s   36.7 MH/s   39.6 MH/s

As you can see, it comes down to 25.5MH/s per card with Claymore vs 19.8 MH/s per card with Sgminer-gm. I'll test again some more in the future but for now I'm going to go back to Claymore even with the thrashing. Maybe things will be different with an equal number of cards in each machine or maybe the big difference was just better luck. Future testing will tell but I've got to rebuild some stuff tonight and I'm out of time to test with.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
It's working, but performing poorly, patch is on the way, but that was apparently two days ago

Patch was released:
v1093
RX500 fix sets highest dpm state in memory. Before that update RX500 were mining much slower.
RX500 are working fine !

this sgminer 5.5.5 isnt the lates on my SMOS ?

Also about Z170 chipsets, i saw on ethos some nice informations. http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#many-gpus
I dont have any Z170 for tests but i have Z270-A PRO MSI with has no problems at all with 6 GPUS RX570.

Hi T - can you update the sgminer-gm v5.5.5 -- kernels like "ethash-new.cl" are missing. Thanks

some fact-finding from decayinjack a few post below:

===
The compile of sgminer-gm included with SmOS didn't have the new kernel but the latest compile from source did. You'll want to build from source and then move both the kernel and sgminer binary over. I tried using just the kernel but the older version of sgminer didn't recognize that it was there.

https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/tree/master/kernel

===
Activity: 53
Anyone had luck with the Asus 570 4gb cards? Using the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 R5 which we have several 6 card 470's running on now. The rig detects all 6 570's and proceeds to mine until the first job from the pool is handed out. At the point mining freezes and all the cards hang in open CL. I have updated the Drivers and the linux kernel aswell, before updating the drivers the cards were getting zero hashes.

I should also mention that I have swapped the cpu 2 times, flashdrive twice and installed a new stick of 8gb ram. and still no dice

Thank You

I have a rig with 4 Asus 470s and 2 Asus 570s.  Works fine. No problems. No need to update drivers or kernel.

I'm having the same exact problem he is. My RX 580s average approximately 3.5 mh/s less on smOS compare to windows. Now, I'm not foolhardy enough to throw around absolute statements concerning the root cause of smOS's relative poor performance running my RX 580s relative to windows based solely on my own observation, two people's observations, or even three people's observations. Maybe you should give reserving judgment and avoiding jumping to conclusions a try. You may like it.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Thank You

Activity: 5
It's working, but performing poorly, patch is on the way, but that was apparently two days ago

Patch was released:
v1093
RX500 fix sets highest dpm state in memory. Before that update RX500 were mining much slower.
RX500 are working fine !

Also about Z170 chipsets, i saw on ethos some nice informations. http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#many-gpus
I dont have any Z170 for tests but i have Z270-A PRO MSI with has no problems at all with 6 GPUS RX570.

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Patch was released:
v1093
RX500 are working fine !

Activity: 89

Thank You
Activity: 5
Has anyone gotten RX570 with MOD BIOS to work on SMOS?  If so, please PM me.  Thanks

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Has anyone gotten RX570 with MOD BIOS to work on SMOS?  If so, please PM me.  Thanks
Activity: 53
Hello!

Can i use msi z170a pro gaming carbon with simpleminer?

7 gpu

thank you

I believe we are waiting on an update from @Tytanick, until then there does not seem to be any workaround to get 7 GPUs working on the Z170 boards.

I don't doubt that others are having problems with their z170 boards, but just to reiterate a point a made several posts back, I run MSI z170a M5 with 7 cards a board, and I haven't had any issues. In fact, I just set up a new one this weekend without a hitch. If it makes a difference, I am running all RX 470 4GB cards, with the exception of two MSI Gaming RX 580 4GB cards on the latest board. I do acknowledge, however, that I am not realizing the hash rate I expected with the RX 580 cards. Like someone else posted on the previous page, I am stuck in the 24-25 mh/s range on those cards.

One random thought I just had: has anyone who is experiencing problems with these boards confirmed that they have ordinary USB thumb drives (not UEFI thumb drives) set as the number 1 boot option? I highly doubt this is the cause of all the issues, but I remember someone mentioning that they could boot using Windows in a UEFI configuration. As such, someone might as well take the time and confirm that these issues are not being caused by some arcane conflict with the priority of boot devices, notwithstanding the very low probability of realizing positive results.

I had the same question - I gave it a try, but it didn't work. It wouldn't even load. My screen would either stay black or I would get red and blue lines on a white screen. Tried several different versions. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.

The red and blue lines flicker on and off my screen a couple times while the MSI splash screen is displayed, but it always subsides and smOS commences to boot.
Activity: 116
Hello!

7 gpu

thank you

I believe we are waiting on an update from @Tytanick, until then there does not seem to be any workaround to get 7 GPUs working on the Z170 boards.
Activity: 80
Hello!

7 gpu

thank you

I had the same question - I gave it a try, but it didn't work. It wouldn't even load. My screen would either stay black or I would get red and blue lines on a white screen. Tried several different versions. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is.

Activity: 8
Hello!

7 gpu

thank you
Jump to: