Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 517. (Read 835461 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
alrighty.... ive tried everything i can to get atiflash to work but alll i get is adapter not found on all my rigs....

so Mr. T let the secrets roll on how to get it to work.............
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
is there a guide how to undervolt GPU's?
i replaced straps with polaris bios editor but i don't know how to undervolt them.

I dont think so, you can search on overclock.net
Anyway try using also those bioses
https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13

Thx
Will try these  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
i replaced straps with polaris bios editor but i don't know how to undervolt them.

I dont think so, you can search on overclock.net
Anyway try using also those bioses
https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13
When you go into your simplemining control panel you select claymore. Then underneath is a section that shows you the command line for Claymore. You can add -cvddc and -mcddc there.

i've tried it. for example -cvddc 1010 -mcddc 1010 but it didn't worked. same wattage (1220-1230 watts)
that config should reduce the power to 900-950 watts  Sad
Accually no, undervolting in claymore command line doesnt work in linux.

The only way is to lower dpm level in CORE , try with 3,4,5 dpm and see what speed you have.
And about undervolting the only way is to use custom bios with undervolting offset.
This works.
I have 770 watts from wall with 6xRX470 Gigaytes G1 and 160 MH/s (i go for low power)
[/quote]

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
When you go into your simplemining control panel you select claymore. Then underneath is a section that shows you the command line for Claymore. You can add -cvddc and -mcddc there.

i've tried it. for example -cvddc 1010 -mcddc 1010 but it didn't worked. same wattage (1220-1230 watts)
that config should reduce the power to 900-950 watts  Sad
[/quote]
Accually no, undervolting in claymore command line doesnt work in linux.

The only way is to lower dpm level in CORE , try with 3,4,5 dpm and see what speed you have.
And about undervolting the only way is to use custom bios with undervolting offset.
This works.
I have 770 watts from wall with 6xRX470 Gigaytes G1 and 160 MH/s (i go for low power)
tytanick hey,
i have several rigs and decided to try smOS on one of my 6 x RX 470 4 GB rig.
it works well. i can overclock them (config is not best but anyway)
But it burnd too much power (1220 watt).
i could not find how to reduce it. On windows, i was using the -cvddc and -mcddc on claymore
Does it work on simpleminingOS? Or how can i do it
The rig was using 900 - 950 watts  Huh

YES!

that config should reduce the power to 900-950 watts  Sad
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
tytanick hey,
i could not find how to reduce it. On windows, i was using the -cvddc and -mcddc on claymore

YES!

tytanick hey,
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello, I really liked the assembly, I'm interested will he support vachdogs - https://open-dev.ru/watchdog
I dont think so, i have my own watchdogs with more powerfull functions and i am focusing on it https://simplemining.net/page/simpleRigResetter
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi and congrats for your tool Grin

What about stak-amd?
Are u going to add it?
Can you compare results and tell me if its faster than sgminer-gm-5.5.5 ?
Activity: 700
Merit: 265
Hi and congrats for your tool Grin

What about stak-amd?
Are u going to add it?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

Etherminer has this syntax:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x
And you are using shash : /
Anyway $walletETH variable is cutting off first "0x" so please write complete address. Also start using custom (recommended)miners.
I need to make some cleenup in those miner selection and also ethereum field for wallet address i should remove because sometimes pools need it with 0x and sometimes without id and this is causing confusion.

Thanks tytanik, I already did that.  What I am using is -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -epsw x -esm 0 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal bughatti.rx480old -dpsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

and it works fine on all other pools, only on ethermine do I get rejected shares immediately.  I even tried with -ethi 6 and 4 thinking my OC was to much.

just curious... what happens if you :

1. replace port 4444 with 14444.

2. use "." instead of "/" to separate your ETH address and worker name.

3. remove "-esm 0"

Well apparently taking out all 3 fixed the issue, thanks! 
-epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH.$rigName -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal bughatti.rx480old -dpsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Thank you.  These are rigs I have hosted at Oregon Mines.  The issues ranged from not recognizing 7 cards, to constant reboots, to reduced hashing speeds.  I've since had those 3 on EthOS as a test, but I really don't care for that OS and much rather have them back on SMos.  I will have the team at OM switch them back over with the updated download that Ty just recently posted.

IMHO.... smOS is "a few light years" ahead of ethOS.

I spent a month using ethOS and smOS side by side with my Windows rigs in Dec last.

By Jan this year, all but 1 dev rig (Windows) is on smOS in the 33-rig farm.

The best thing and main differentiator about smOS, IMHO, is that Tytanick listens & interact to his users and implement what users need.

Thx Smiley
Accually i didnt listen at the beginning and i wanted to force idea when I AM IN CONTROLL of all rigs and i am pointing them to preselected my me pools.
But after few fight with users (accually thx to them) i changed my concept and gived all settings to users Smiley
Yep, i am listening and implementing what i can.

Thanks tytanik, I already did that.  What I am using is -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -epsw x -esm 0 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal bughatti.rx480old -dpsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

and it works fine on all other pools, only on ethermine do I get rejected shares immediately.  I even tried with -ethi 6 and 4 thinking my OC was to much.

Accually i will hide those fields in some time and the only field that will be active will be Bitcoin - and it will be just in case if i had to send someone some cash.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

Anyway $walletETH variable is cutting off first "0x" so please write complete address. Also start using custom (recommended)miners.
I need to make some cleenup in those miner selection and also ethereum field for wallet address i should remove because sometimes pools need it with 0x and sometimes without id and this is causing confusion.

Thanks tytanik, I already did that.  What I am using is -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -epsw x -esm 0 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal bughatti.rx480old -dpsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

and it works fine on all other pools, only on ethermine do I get rejected shares immediately.  I even tried with -ethi 6 and 4 thinking my OC was to much.

just curious... what happens if you :

1. replace port 4444 with 14444.

2. use "." instead of "/" to separate your ETH address and worker name.

3. remove "-esm 0"
Activity: 154
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

Thanks tytanik, I already did that.  What I am using is -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -epsw x -esm 0 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal bughatti.rx480old -dpsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

and it works fine on all other pools, only on ethermine do I get rejected shares immediately.  I even tried with -ethi 6 and 4 thinking my OC was to much.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Thank you.  These are rigs I have hosted at Oregon Mines.  The issues ranged from not recognizing 7 cards, to constant reboots, to reduced hashing speeds.  I've since had those 3 on EthOS as a test, but I really don't care for that OS and much rather have them back on SMos.  I will have the team at OM switch them back over with the updated download that Ty just recently posted.

IMHO.... smOS is "a few light years" ahead of ethOS.

I spent a month using ethOS and smOS side by side with my Windows rigs in Dec last.

By Jan this year, all but 1 dev rig (Windows) is on smOS in the 33-rig farm.

The best thing and main differentiator about smOS, IMHO, is that Tytanick listens & interact to his users and implement what users need.

Activity: 189
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Had some issues when I switched my 3 rigs full of 470 4GB to SMos a while back and never got around to trying to move them over again.  Can anyone on the thread confirm they are using 470s with SMos and its working smoothly?

Thank you!

I have rig full of 470 and its very stable.
Jump to: