Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 518. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Had some issues when I switched my 3 rigs full of 470 4GB to SMos a while back and never got around to trying to move them over again.  Can anyone on the thread confirm they are using 470s with SMos and its working smoothly?

Thank you!

I reckon a majority of smOS users have RX cards 480s, 470s rigs.

smOS is AMD only Linux mining Operating System, so as long as its AMD and currently use the popular mining apps like Claymore, Optiminer, sgminer, WOLF, etc. you should be fine.

What errors did you get?

Perhaps we could help you build USB stick properly.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Had some issues when I switched my 3 rigs full of 470 4GB to SMos a while back and never got around to trying to move them over again.  Can anyone on the thread confirm they are using 470s with SMos and its working smoothly?

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner.
=========================
Latest version v12.3:

- slightly improved speed, about 410H/s on stock 390X, 465H/s on stock Nano, 300H/s on stock 280X, 305H/s on stock RX480.
- improved stability for high "-i" option values, added "-i 9" option value.
- fixed a few bugs.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Anyway to manually set core/mem voltages with this OS? and why is it showing in claymore that my 480 as 14 compute units when it shows like 36 in windows? It's only hashing at 15mhs too..?

Upgrade kernel to beta one.
Also i am working on buying OC tool. Propably few more days and i will have it.
Still talking to somebody about it.
Claymore not showing all compute units but its just a number, nothing to be concerned about.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
duh  I knew the usa forgot the btc  thanks

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.pandaP -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 80 -tstop 90 -mport -3333 -i 5

boom  it is mining  thanks!!

Great!

What is more amazing is whattomine.com ranks selling ZEC hash to be just as profitable compared to mining ZEC directly.

I think they are many buyers out there doing a spending spree at Nicehash. They should build their own rigs.

Crazy.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
duh  I knew the usa forgot the btc  thanks

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.pandaP -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 80 -tstop 90 -mport -3333 -i 5

boom  it is mining  thanks!!

-s equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.panda1 -p x
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Yep.

You should mine eth/etc if you have :
RX470 / RX480
R9 380 and 380X

You should mine ZEC/ZCL if you have:
R9 280X or propably HD ..... also

The Fury series GPUs with HBM (ie. FuryX, Nano) are blazing with ZEC mining.
I think ZEC mining likes the High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)

help me set up zec with nicehash
using sgminer-gm-nh-5.5.5-8

I got xmr working

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

any one have a zec bat for smOS ?  I am guessing this works?

this does not work zec/nicehash

--no-submit-stale --kernel equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

this does not work for zec/nicehash
--kernel equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

For ZEC mining at NH (2nd highest paying currently at whattomine.com)

Use Optiminer 1.7 or Claymore 12.2

I prefer Optiminer 1.7 because developer has optimised miner for Linux mining.
Also the default settings is very stable on smOS.

-s equihash.hk.nicehash.com:3357 -u .$rigName -p x

Claymore 12.2 is equally good for ZEC, advantage is that you have more controls.

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal .$rigName -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 75 -tstop 95 -mport 3333

Note that using Claymore miner on the SSL port will further reduce Claymore fees by 0.5% .... replace the ssl with tcp if you dont want to mine through the SSL port. Please note the port number has an extra char "3" prefix.

testing this

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal t1d81R73LY4tX9y1VskH6gJELH3PfCvGwz5.pandaP -zpsw x -dbg 1 -wd 1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 80 -tstop 90 -mport -3333 -i 5

Phil,
use "usa" node - its closer to you.
use BTC address not ZEC since this is Nicehash country (all BTC)
no -i defaults at 6 (max 8 )
legendary
Yep.

RX470 / RX480
R9 380 and 380X

I got xmr working

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

--no-submit-stale --kernel equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

--kernel equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

Claymore 12.2 is equally good for ZEC, advantage is that you have more controls.

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal .$rigName -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 75 -tstop 95 -mport 3333

Note that using Claymore miner on the SSL port will further reduce Claymore fees by 0.5% .... replace the ssl with tcp if you dont want to mine through the SSL port. Please note the port number has an extra char "3" prefix.

testing this

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal t1d81R73LY4tX9y1VskH6gJELH3PfCvGwz5.pandaP -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 80 -tstop 90 -mport -3333 -i 5

Optiminer 1.7

-s equihash.hk.nicehash.com:3357 -u t1d81R73LY4tX9y1VskH6gJELH3PfCvGwz5.pandaP -p x
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Yep.

RX470 / RX480
R9 380 and 380X

I got xmr working

Activity: 689
Merit: 253
Anyway to manually set core/mem voltages with this OS? and why is it showing in claymore that my 480 as 14 compute units when it shows like 36 in windows? It's only hashing at 15mhs too..?
I'm trying to install simplemining OS on my new 64gb SSD but HDDRawcopy program keeps freezing in windows. When I click start, it runs for half a sec and then just freezes. Anyone have any ideas or how to fix this?

Edit: the sector is different everytime it freezes too

okay ½  second then freeze   .  at that point click start again it should finish.

I get that screen if I do an ssd. not a usb stick

make sure  you have proper drives picked for source and target

Thanks, I tried clicking again and it went to "Not Responding"... However i just got it working.. I switched around the sata plugs in my mobo and enabled sata hot plugs.. Idk why it didn't work before but i'm glad it worked out. Thanks again though
legendary
I'm trying to install simplemining OS on my new 64gb SSD but HDDRawcopy program keeps freezing in windows. When I click start, it runs for half a sec and then just freezes. Anyone have any ideas or how to fix this?

okay ½  second then freeze   .  at that point click start again it should finish.

I get that screen if I do an ssd. not a usb stick

make sure  you have proper drives picked for source and target

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE:
- released v1074 new images of R and RX OS with all updates.
It is just for new rigs to avoid downloading 28 updates from v1046 to 1074 Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
The calculation for weak processors is not at all correct ... the processor 15-30H / s monero does not get any money. Already, even the FX-4100 120Hs hardly gets 25,000 solutions for Nicehash.
 How do you configure the parameters of the miner for only one farm? Or create 10 mails for each type of miners? (In my opinion this is not a very good idea, if you change one parameter, all the rigs are restarted at once)
I am already working on RIG GROUPING which will allow to change settings for selected rigs or groups Smiley
legendary
Yep.

RX470 / RX480
R9 380 and 380X

I got xmr working

any one have a zec bat for smOS ?  I am guessing this works?

Activity: 308
Merit: 19
The calculation for weak processors is not at all correct ... the processor 15-30H / s monero does not get any money. Already, even the FX-4100 120Hs hardly gets 25,000 solutions for Nicehash.
 How do you configure the parameters of the miner for only one farm? Or create 10 mails for each type of miners? (In my opinion this is not a very good idea, if you change one parameter, all the rigs are restarted at once)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Hi, did you installed Beta Kernel   ? If not then instlal it and check again.
Also in linux can take different clocks like propably more Overclocking in memory than windows.
Check it.

Yep. 4.10rc3

Tell me that gpu are using and what are your clocks.
Also did you tried to make bigger OC on memory to see if it will help ?
Can you send me email to [email protected] ?
I can check your options and see if i can do something about it ?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Hi, did you installed Beta Kernel   ? If not then instlal it and check again.
Also in linux can take different clocks like propably more Overclocking in memory than windows.
Check it.

Yep. 4.10rc3
Jump to: