Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 520. (Read 835461 times)

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Nope, i wont add cpu mining becasue when fee system comes you will have option to select cpu mining as fee ...

Hmm, can be problem, because ZEC miners use the CPU for GPU mining.
Some people can´t use the intensity parameter -i 8, because slow CPU...

I hope for only small fee (i have only 3 GPU) and CPU mining for fee is not sollution Sad
Would this be the reason why I cant get the rates I should be when mining zec no matter what drivers or clocks I use or -i I just cant seem to get my cards where there supposed to be and whats even crazier is when I put -i 8 on my 290 all other cards 390,280,270 rates get cut in half I tried win 7 and 10 but my cpu is AMD Sempron 145 which is like useless.

I really like simpleminer but cant use it on this rig because of the mixed cards I cant set individual clocks which sucks
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
No,
you can do that only by ssh to rig and executing command: htop
Anyway my rigs showing 10-30% average CPU usage on Cheapest Intel Celeron for 24$ (Procesor INTEL® Celeron™ G1840 2.8GHz)
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
So tell me if i am calculating this wrong.
But if i am not wrong then i must think really hard if this makes any sense to implement (even as a fee for me )
It will cause unnesesery problems only and more work for me.

is it possible to show CPU load in dashboard for every rig?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Moreover, anything X11 or Scrypt algos should not be mined using GPU because there are ASIC miners for that.

Yep.
So conclustion: only eth,zec,monero algho are good to mining right now.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
So tell me if i am calculating this wrong.
But if i am not wrong then i must think really hard if this makes any sense to implement (even as a fee for me )
It will cause unnesesery problems only and more work for me.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi T - on your CPU mining subscription option - for me I would like to support this by using a dedicated CPU mining rig.

This way, that rig could be a powerful CPU... probably 1 or 2 of them will be equivalent to the entire farm.
For example a dozen Celeron 1840 or G4400 maybe equivalent to 1 x i5 or 2 dozen = i7 or 4 dozen = 1 Rzyen.
The above for example only  Grin. I plucked it from the sky for example only.

Like pbuva mentioned below, some coins like ZEC in conjunction  with Claymore miner, uses the CPU quite a bit.

Btw, for the sgminer7 idea, have done some more digging and i think your are right. It may be a good idea to include this miner but its rather short-term and specific to X11 coins like DASH, Adzcoin etc. They are hot coins now... but a true profit switching miner must be also aggressive in multi algo-switching too like Nicehash Windows Miner. If only there is a LINUX version of that. I wonder if Nicehash has that version.

Moreover, anything X11 or Scrypt algos should not be mined using GPU because there are ASIC miners for that.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I am not calculating thi too well but
30H/s in morenro at +30 watts would give you:
1,5 $ revenue per month
-3$ electricity cost
= - (minus) 1,5$ per month

120H in monero at +60 watts woudl give you
5,7 $ revenue per month
- 7,3$ electricity cost
= - (minus) 1,6 $ per month

IF my calculations are correct becasue i didnt tested how mining cpu will increase wattage, those are my numbers taken from head and not backed up by any experiments.
Either way its totally not profitable to mine for you.
Even it would be totally unprofitable to pay me fee in this way but if someone has free power or doesnt care, or cant pay via btc then this is the way to go.

Tell me how do you see/calculate this ?

Note that  idle procesor takes much less watts tna 100% busy one Smiley
Its not "free" Tongue
And also as pbuva said there are some issues with loading cpu.
Thats why i just need to do some tests if it will make any sense for me and for end user. (and propably it wont)
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Nope, i wont add cpu mining becasue when fee system comes you will have option to select cpu mining as fee ...

Hmm, can be problem, because ZEC miners use the CPU for GPU mining.
Some people can´t use the intensity parameter -i 8, because slow CPU...

I hope for only small fee (i have only 3 GPU) and CPU mining for fee is not sollution Sad
Activity: 308
Merit: 19

All of course depends on the amount of payment. But from experience I'll say in the rigs put the simplest processors. 12-15Hs 2 cores = 30Hs per monero.
I think this payment will not suit you. But to add a CPU miner for fast intergation of new coins and algorithms would be the highlight of the OS ... In my case, using OS SM (here's a trademark) all the plus from Ubuntu's performance will come to naught due to the idle processor capacity. There is no gain + H / s. Huge request to add CPU Miner on one Algo monero ... in test mode ... Your use as a developer - you will get data on the processor powers of your consumers.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Hello Dev. On my rigs installed processors FX 8150,8320,4100,8350 8300 work under win10 64 cpu multi 1.2. On the monero, these processors are issued from 4100 - 120Hs, 8320 - 270Hs. When using your Mining OS SimpleMining, the processor powers are idle. Is it possible to add mining on the processors to your OS? Roll Eyes
Nope, i wont add cpu mining becasue when fee system comes you will have option to select cpu mining as fee for me instead of paying Tongue
So i guess cpu mining for user makes no sense.
But it needs to be considered with more details.
First i will impelemnt my cpu fee as an option and then i will think if i should do this fo people.
Activity: 308
Merit: 19

Hello Dev. On my rigs installed processors FX 8150,8320,4100,8350 8300 work under win10 64 cpu multi 1.2. On the monero, these processors are issued from 4100 - 120Hs, 8320 - 270Hs. When using your Mining OS SimpleMining, the processor powers are idle. Is it possible to add mining on the processors to your OS? Roll Eyes
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Re: DashMiner.com - BTC & DASH multipool for AMD GPUs. Fast kernel and custom software. Extra profit
Today at 05:36:52 AM
Reply with quote  #809
Quote from: citronick on March 06, 2017, 05:41:30 PM
Can I use sgminer for Linux to mine at this multipool?
If yes, which version and what syntax to use. Thanks

Yes, but you'd have to compile from source. Something along these lines... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmultipool-wepaybtccom-algorithm-switching-multipool-with-btc-payouts-863974

=====
Hi, Implementing such miner if it auto switches things shouldnt be difficult.
Anyway i might be wrong but mining X11 X13 etc (old alghos) should be unprofitable compared to zec and eth.
Can you make comparison how much you will get daily from 280x, 380, 470 in eth/zec and wepaybtc ?

Old well known calculators/pool :
whattomine.com
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
https://www.nicehash.com/
https://poolpicker.eu/
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

Etherminer has this syntax:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x
And you are using shash : /
Anyway $walletETH variable is cutting off first "0x" so please write complete address. Also start using custom (recommended)miners.
I need to make some cleenup in those miner selection and also ethereum field for wallet address i should remove because sometimes pools need it with 0x and sometimes without id and this is causing confusion.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi T,

I know we have discussed about potential ability for smOS to take advantage of current miners like sgminer to perform multi-algo, profit switching.... however I understand it will be too difficult to implement when smOS is in the first few phases maturing into excellent product - certainly don't want to slow that down.

However, I was experimenting with dashminer.com, the pool does AMD multi-pool, multi-algo, profit switching that pays in BTC or DASH. I was wondering if this miner can be included in smOS for miners that would be interested in most profitable AMD minable coins.

I have asked the op of dashminer.com if his pool excepts "sgminer linux" to mine and his answer below.... looks like a special compile of sgminer7 is possible. Can you do a review and see if this is possible?

=====

Re: DashMiner.com - BTC & DASH multipool for AMD GPUs. Fast kernel and custom software. Extra profit
Today at 05:36:52 AM
Reply with quote  #809
Quote from: citronick on March 06, 2017, 05:41:30 PM
Can I use sgminer for Linux to mine at this multipool?
If yes, which version and what syntax to use. Thanks

Yes, but you'd have to compile from source. Something along these lines... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmultipool-wepaybtccom-algorithm-switching-multipool-with-btc-payouts-863974

=====
Activity: 154
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

-esm 1 ?

Just tried that, no go, also tried multiple reboots, miner and rig

So it looks like I am getting rejected shares.  Not sure why this is the case as I was connected to it yesterday for a few hours without any issues.  Im guessing this is an OC issue, but why would ethpool and dwarfpool let me connect fine

I don't think you want to connect to -epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444

I use -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444  you don't need the stratum+tcp://  If you look at the claymore documentation there are samples for mining on ethermine/ethpool and they format it the same way.

Yea I changed that, the issue is rejected shares, I switched to nanopool and I am running fine.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-esm 1 ?

So it looks like I am getting rejected shares.  Not sure why this is the case as I was connected to it yesterday for a few hours without any issues.  Im guessing this is an OC issue, but why would ethpool and dwarfpool let me connect fine

I don't think you want to connect to -epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444

I use -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444  you don't need the stratum+tcp://  If you look at the claymore documentation there are samples for mining on ethermine/ethpool and they format it the same way.

-esm 1 ?

-esm 1 ?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-esm 1 ?

Jump to: