Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 523. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Voltage Offset is a special value that mostly needs to be added to custom mods.
Offset is basically value that will be undervolted from default values.
So for example offset -125mv will substract -125mv from all dpm levels in core level.
This is little difficult but i have some guys that are doing this for me.
Pascal is in deed profitable in dual mining.
Last time i checked it took like 10-15% more wattage.
It didnt lowered any eth mining speed.
And by mining pasc profit was like 20% bigger. IS still is.
check this for example by using my command
claymore-eth miner and this command:

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://79.98.144.28:8008 -ewal 0xa35b062b4d386e148dba1417e16b82d9ca1d360d -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 86646-64.442a5627fbc295c2.$rigName/[email protected] -dpsw x -dcoin pasc -dcri 15 -allpools 1

Yep, normally without undervolt offset 6x470 would take like 1000 wats, mine with custom bios mod are taking about 750 watts with ETH only.
But with ETH+PASC its more 10-15% but it is different thing.
Anyway, offset is the thing thatforces card to take less watts under linux.
Normal undervolting (changing values in polarisbios editor) doesnt work under linux. It works only under windows.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Well, allow us to show you a screenshot of our every morning ethOS integration disaster. You will see all the rigs unreachable and all the rigs with stuck miners. We fought for days with them explaining that nothing was wrong with our rigs since they were stable on windows. Our main concern was big scale deployment, we had to open another farm and windows was out of the question. After the 3rd day, we asked for a refund and they didnt agree. So we are now fighting against them with Paypal on this matter.

Every morning, wake up and this disaster happens: (restart all of them.. restart the miner, etc). We were creating an additional unnecessary workflow.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s80pe4g6bsiqbfx/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-16%20at%204.28.53%20PM.png?dl=0

What do you mean by offset voltage? 470s 27mhs and 780W is very awesome. GJ.
I didnt know we could dual mine eth and zec, I thought it was kinda pointless.

We will gladly support the fees required. For us, we save money if it takes less time to do the maintenance and support for our farms.

Keep the good work!

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Well we tried different OS on the market and we are so far impressed by your work. WindowsOS is very difficult to install and manage at large scale, so we also tried ethOS at some point, but it was a total disaster for us in stability and performance. We were kinda stuck on Windows since that time and scared of any linux OS!

We might try to deploy on more rigs when we get the chance and post the results here!

@Citronick
Yes you are right about these inputs. I will def give optiminer a shot in linux. Thanks:)

About RX OS version, Dod you do beta kernel upgrade ?
If not, do it to have even more Hashrate but i guess you already did it ? Smiley

ethOS is much longer on market, like 2 years ? While i started like 7 months ago Tongue
Is ethOS disaster ? I bought one license to test it out but never had time to do so so i cant tell.
Anyway from where i can see my OS is focusing on SIMPLE while they have multiple configurations and much harder to manage.
OK, test my OS and give feedback.
After this grouping feature i will be also implementing very slowly some kind of fee service - its time to harvest Cheesy
No, seriously, it will be very slow process with no obligations and many free periods etc etc...

Personally i am using eth+zec with 15 dcri

Also about power consumption.
Its worth to mention that in linux undervolting in tables (like editing them in polarisbios editor WONT WORK)
Only way to have less voltage is by doing voltage offset.
I personally am using them and i have RX470 4GB with 27MH/s each GPU, and 780 watt from wall from whole 6 gpu rig.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Right now you need to use two 2mail accounts becasue mining config is GLOBAL for all rigs.
But i am closer and closer to make rig grouping function.
This will allow you to change setting on group of righs so you will do what you want Smiley
Just give me some time Tongue I am closer and closer ot it Smiley

Thank you very much for the quick response. Yeah I thought I didnt really get how it was working, im glad its an upcoming feature. Looking forward to it.

We are currently testing your OS on three differents rigs as follow:
-6 280x (multiples models and brand), stable and bit more hashrate than windows. Same power.
-6 480 (modded red devil, modded sapphire8gb). More stable, more hashrate. 15 more mhs, we had one card on windows that didnt work very well, now its ok. Same power...
-6 380s (modded 380s 1100 undervolt bios). Same hashrate and stable like windows. Same power.
On these 3 rigs, we notice a 10C reduction on the cards. Amazing. We use Ubiquiti mpowers to evaluate the power.

Well we tried different OS on the market and we are so far impressed by your work. WindowsOS is very difficult to install and manage at large scale, so we also tried ethOS at some point, but it was a total disaster for us in stability and performance. We were kinda stuck on Windows since that time and scared of any linux OS!

We might try to deploy on more rigs when we get the chance and post the results here!

@Citronick
Yes you are right about these inputs. I will def give optiminer a shot in linux. Thanks:)

Claymore v12.2 and Optiminer 1.7 both are updated in smOS, try both and see which ones are most stable for your rigs.
ZEC is best to mine now -- its currently blazing at whattomine.com
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah this is a very nice os

I have a panda miner along on 1 email
and six 2 card rigs on the other email

very stable mining
Right now you need to use two 2mail accounts becasue mining config is GLOBAL for all rigs.
This will allow you to change setting on group of righs so you will do what you want Smiley

Thank you very much for the quick response. Yeah I thought I didnt really get how it was working, im glad its an upcoming feature. Looking forward to it.

We are currently testing your OS on three differents rigs as follow:
-6 280x (multiples models and brand), stable and bit more hashrate than windows. Same power.
-6 480 (modded red devil, modded sapphire8gb). More stable, more hashrate. 15 more mhs, we had one card on windows that didnt work very well, now its ok. Same power...
-6 380s (modded 380s 1100 undervolt bios). Same hashrate and stable like windows. Same power.
On these 3 rigs, we notice a 10C reduction on the cards. Amazing. We use Ubiquiti mpowers to evaluate the power.

@Citronick

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello again Smiley

If we would like to mine eth and zcash on different rigs let's say:

Rig1 - 2- 3 on Eth with 480s
Rig4-5 on zcahs with 280x

Is is possible or we need to create another account with another email?

Thanks guys!

sure.

I use email1 for RX cards and email2 for Non-RX cards.

The RX cards is not really a speedster for ZEC, so you can use them better for ETH.

Meanwhile if you have better cards like R9 Fury or R9 Nano -- they are excellent for ZEC and this algo likes the high bandwidth memory.

Suggest you use Optiminer 1.7 for ZEC since its developed very much in favor for Linux.

Claymore ZEC 12.2 performs better on Windows (Mr Claymore has said that he prefers Windows than Linux).

Meanwhile Claymore ETH miner v8 is probably the king of the hill now for ETH mining, Windows or Linux.
Hello again Smiley

If we would like to mine eth and zcash on different rigs let's say:

Rig1 - 2- 3 on Eth with 480s
Rig4-5 on zcahs with 280x

Is is possible or we need to create another account with another email?

Thanks guys!
legendary
Hey,

We unplugged it after to see what kind of OS it was after copying from HDDRaw software.

It seems like ubuntu and then black screen forever (sata connected on the rig). Anyways, we plugged it back our cloning machine, using a USB-Sata adapter.

After saying this, I felt you would ask us to try with sata direct connection, which we did.

Conclusion: USB-Sata connection is great you will be able to read most things and copy stuff very easily, but for some unknown reasons wont read your drive.

The direct sata connection seems mandatory for your config file to be seen by windows OS.

Thank you very much for your help, we will start the testing process as we speak for our farm.

yeah I figured that.  I find that I can work with it better on windows 7 then windows 10.

So I do my clones on win 7.  If I forget and clone on win 10 I also have trouble finding the clone.

I also find that cloning to an ssd or a m2sata or a pcie sata gives far better stability  then using a usb stick.

good luck mining.  BTW I am a fellow miner not the smOS guy. Cheesy

wish I could code like he does.
Hey,

We unplugged it after to see what kind of OS it was after copying from HDDRaw software.

It seems like ubuntu and then black screen forever (sata connected on the rig). Anyways, we plugged it back our cloning machine, using a USB-Sata adapter.

After saying this, I felt you would ask us to try with sata direct connection, which we did.

Conclusion: USB-Sata connection is great you will be able to read most things and copy stuff very easily, but for some unknown reasons wont read your drive.

The direct sata connection seems mandatory for your config file to be seen by windows OS.

Thank you very much for your help, we will start the testing process as we speak for our farm.
legendary
This is what I see after replugging back the SSD on our cloning desktop:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gd2wueh/capture3.PNG?dl=0

Thanks!

well why did you unplug it?

if you unplugged it what did you do with it?

did you try to run smOS?

and how did you put it back into the desktop?

did you attach with a sata cable.

look at the photos above

they look at these photos wait a few minutes for them

so I open file and I put in my email

I click the x

I click save and the smOS now has my email I can put it in the pc to mine with

This is what I see after replugging back the SSD on our cloning desktop:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/396rjpn9gd2wueh/capture3.PNG?dl=0

Thanks!
legendary
Hey everyone,

It could be just us being retarded, but we copied the image on one SSD to test out this mining OS.

We are stuck here: 4. Open config.txt file under windows and replace email to yours !

After copying the imgc to the SSD, we cannot open anything on it since we are on windows OS while doing it.

We gonna try to boot your ubuntu OS.

Please educate our stupidity lol

in windows  you can open the usb stick or the ssd.

go to files and you should see it  open it and write your email

give me 5 minutes for photos

here is the stick in my pc

find the stick or the ssd in win 7 click computer

once you see the stick in my case open it

you will see the file open it by clicking
Hey everyone,

It could be just us being retarded, but we copied the image on one SSD to test out this mining OS.

We are stuck here: 4. Open config.txt file under windows and replace email to yours !

After copying the imgc to the SSD, we cannot open anything on it since we are on windows OS while doing it.

We gonna try to boot your ubuntu OS.

Please educate our stupidity lol
legendary
I have been able to get good pandaminer results

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0x3ef297e47404a771139472b93621f82c8a832857.Simple -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -ethi 5 -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 86646-64.d3c2c1e866a79ef4.simple -dpsw x -dcoin pasc -allpools 1 -mport 3333 -dcri 3

so instead of eth doing 231 and crashing it does 220-225 for eth

and I get 338 for pasc

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
So after multiple settings   I have found that the panda miner struggles a bit with the combo of eth and pascal

I get the open cl watch dog on gpu number six.

so I kept playing  with  the intensity  numbers and I am doing 4 and 4

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0x3ef297e47404a771139472b93621f82c8a832857.Simple -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -ethi 4 -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 86646-64.d3c2c1e866a79ef4.simple -dpsw x -dcoin pasc -allpools 1 -mport 3333 -dcri 4

Philipma1957Panda   RX 1072   ONLINE   

218.22 MH/s 436.44 MH/s   ------- I lose 12mh in eth gain 436.44 mh in pasc
60 66 63 60 62 61 67 65 ℃
85 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 %   
1145 1145 1145 1145 1145 1145 1145 1145
2050 2050 2050 2050 2050 2050 2050 2050        

More   βeta
dashboard

If I want I can go high as 1200mh with pasc but I get the open cl errors.

this is strictly on the panda miner I suspect the lessor cpu which is welded causes the issue.

I have a question  if I use a second email and keep the panda mine mining on it does that affect your future billing?

there is no question I like the service but I will need to be able to have different mining program options as the panda miner need different settings.

So far, miners than is stable "stock & out of the box" on Pandaminer are sgminer-gm (ETH, XMR, ZEC) and optiminer (ZEC).

Claymore's miner ZEC, ETH needs some tweaking to get them to be stable on the Pandas.

Dual mining is too heavy on the Panda and will eventually bomb out (tried several intensity combination but still crash out).

sgminer-gm can do all 3 algos - ETH, XMR, ZEC - the intensity settings seems gentle of Pandaminer and does not bomb out.

The latest Optimer 1.7 for ZEC -- surprisingly runs on Pandas without any issues vs Claymore 12.2 (stock settings).

For ETH, try to explore sgminer-gm -- not too sure performance wise but many top ETH miners are more or less have caught up with Claymore.

Best of all, sgminer-gm doesnt have fees -- so final reward will even out IMHO.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Yep.
Even if my sever beeing offline wont stop any miners from hashing Smiley
legendary
I now use 2 emails on two browsers this allows me to set the panda miner different from the other miners

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18027685

For now I have smOS with 2 emails 1 is all msi rx 470/480 rigs one is the panda miner.
Need two browsers  but it works on the same pc at the same time

the cpus in the msi rx rigs are all i5's  I suspect I can go higher
the cpu in the panda miner is a lowed mobile welded in so dual miner may not be practical at all

Activity: 662
Merit: 500
CPU as an option = OK, cause some of us have pretty high energy costs or don´t like to stress the CPU  Wink

Anyway.. everyone should be ok with paying a few bucks / month for your great work.

---

Maybe this helps someone else one time..

I have disconnects for almonst 24h now... rigs are going offline altogether and back online in a few seconds... every few minutes.

First guess.. my internet connection.. checked cables etc etc.. nothing found.
Router, switches... nothing...

So I wrote our Admin and he figured it out like always.

Mouseover "ONLINE" in SM.. if your uptime looks alright (weeks, days, 10 hours...) than your connection is fine. In my case it seems to be a problem with my ISP (internet connection) and the SM server.
Means my rigs are up and running, sending shares etc etc... my rigs have problems reaching the SM server only.. but that shouldn´t affect the mining process.

Jump to: