Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 557. (Read 834607 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
R1043 and RX1043 are really working very well using new Optiminer v1.01 on my rigs.

My 6xRX480 usually will drop 1 problematic card due to overheating, but this version is able to bring it back mining without dropping.

Previous version will drop the card and and continue mining with 5 cards. Need to reboot to get it mining all 6 cards again.

I hope Tytanick will consider the version lock feature so that rigs that are perfectly working with a stable version doesn't get upgraded automatically.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Miner- Optiminer/Zcash GPU miner v1.0.1!  Cheesy

UPDATE v1043:
New optiminer: v1.0.1 - you need to reload miner to start using this version or even reboot if miner will hang Smiley

thanks.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin

UPDATE v1043:
New optiminer: v1.0.1 - you need to reload miner to start using this version or even reboot if miner will hang Smiley
Activity: 44
Miner- Optiminer/Zcash GPU miner v1.0.1!  Cheesy

sorry but without update we will don't get it.

I will have updates.

OK, i have now 1043, thanks.
Activity: 16
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Simplemining OS version 1042 seems to be rock solid, at least for my rigs, so far. Please no more updates!!! If you must force updates, please please exclude my rigs!!!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
okay took the usb put it in another system and booted first time.

so im guessing it doesnt like the z170 motherboard. thats the only difference between the systems is the mobo
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
I agree, instead of forced, mandatory updates, let us have a choice to stay with a working version, why fix it when it's not broken? Maybe from your perspective, it's broken, but from our point of view, it's working perfectly. I had a great working experience in version 1039, after the forced update to 1041, I've been having random problems on a few rigs (3 rigs out of 10). I wish I could've stayed at v1039.
tytanick -- can you consider putting a "version lock" for each of the rigs.

Meaning if a certain version work well for the rig and you dont want to upgrade it for now, you can apply a "lock" setting to that miner.

Those that do not have the lock ativated, would be upgraded automatically as per normal.

This gives miners better control over their rigs.

Otherwise, since upgrades are automatically applied, if a bad code or something happens, some miners with large farms especially will be very upset....

What say you?
Its worth to adding to my list.
But it would needs to be different concept, like "choose version".
I must think about this.
But nobody else have problems with ewest optiminer, i also dont have any issues ... hmm

I also hade different concept.
If i make update i always test it on my testing rigs and then on my production rigs.
 If everytihng is ok i am releasing to all.
But i think that i could do "beta upgrade" button which will be manual operation for each rig to upgrade in other people enviroments.
And after update wont hany any issues on bigger scale then i will force to all users this update - this is my idea.
But still locking version hmmmmm.
It would be meaby better to create newer and newer versions and dont delete old ones so if someone would like to upgrade miner then would have to select from list and press APPLY.
There is plenty of space on usb drives
3.4 GB in R OS version
4.7 GB in RX OS version.
So perhaps i will make new versions as separate miner that could be selected from list.
It is preposition but i must consider this.
And also i dont want to make it a big mess like 200 miners to select in future Tongue
What do you think guys ? Smiley

Ofcourse miner selection list will be reorganized, it will be ajax table which be segregated in categories by alghoritm, version, name etc, and ofcourse releasing date, sorting.

Still

I think beta testing would be better
Then release a stable version and give the option to update all rigs

I'm going to try a different USB just to make sure The USB I have isn't currupted
That's really the only thing I can think of. Unless it doesn't like my z170 board
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Meaning if a certain version work well for the rig and you dont want to upgrade it for now, you can apply a "lock" setting to that miner.

Those that do not have the lock ativated, would be upgraded automatically as per normal.

Otherwise, since upgrades are automatically applied, if a bad code or something happens, some miners with large farms especially will be very upset....

What say you?
Its worth to adding to my list.
But it would needs to be different concept, like "choose version".
I must think about this.
But nobody else have problems with ewest optiminer, i also dont have any issues ... hmm

I also hade different concept.
If i make update i always test it on my testing rigs and then on my production rigs.
 If everytihng is ok i am releasing to all.
But i think that i could do "beta upgrade" button which will be manual operation for each rig to upgrade in other people enviroments.
And after update wont hany any issues on bigger scale then i will force to all users this update - this is my idea.
But still locking version hmmmmm.
It would be meaby better to create newer and newer versions and dont delete old ones so if someone would like to upgrade miner then would have to select from list and press APPLY.
There is plenty of space on usb drives
3.4 GB in R OS version
4.7 GB in RX OS version.
So perhaps i will make new versions as separate miner that could be selected from list.
It is preposition but i must consider this.
And also i dont want to make it a big mess like 200 miners to select in future Tongue
What do you think guys ? Smiley

Ofcourse miner selection list will be reorganized, it will be ajax table which be segregated in categories by alghoritm, version, name etc, and ofcourse releasing date, sorting.

Still
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

What say you?
any idea what causing this?
it takes a hard reset to fix
happens when loading miner and at startup
It looks like hardware error or bad plug/riser ?
Which os R or RX ?
Whcih gpu card?
Which miner?
I see this first time Smiley

rx1042
3x sapp ref cards
1 xfx
optiminer

everything works in windows without any issues

When I tested v1032 it worked perfectly then I updated and it's giving me this issue
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
It looks like hardware error or bad plug/riser ?
Which os R or RX ?
Whcih gpu card?
Which miner?
I see this first time Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
The fee certainly seems reasonable. Have you thought about having ads? I would think the site could become quite popular, and it may be a better way to compensate you.
I have too much going on right now:) I will propably make some advertisements but after i will release SimpleRigResetter and Chineese proxy.
Right now its just too much work do do even more Tongue

And i also spotted new amdgpu-pro drivers 16.50 ... and i need to test it also Tongue

185h/s are great on RX480s and I can't wait simplerigresseter to be announced I'm on pre-orders list Tongue
I'll test it as soon as I canto see everything myself on working rig.
Thank you a lot
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
The fee certainly seems reasonable. Have you thought about having ads? I would think the site could become quite popular, and it may be a better way to compensate you.
I have too much going on right now:) I will propably make some advertisements but after i will release SimpleRigResetter and Chineese proxy.
Right now its just too much work do do even more Tongue

And i also spotted new amdgpu-pro drivers 16.50 ... and i need to test it also Tongue
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
as on optiminer git website:
Expected speed (stock card):
R9 Nano: 255 S/s
R9 290: 190 S/s
RX 480: 185 S/s

On virtual box ?
You shoudl test on one of your rigs and login to simplemining.net dashboard
It looks like this: (i have power failure in one of my objects Tongue)
https://tytanick-gmail.tinytake.com/sf/MTE3NDc1MF80NTYzOTg5
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
I have my rigs setup with wolf0, so no rush on my account Smiley
But your OS is so user-friendly and convenient! You are providing an amazing, free service for the crypto community. It's incredible. Thank you so much.
Thx.
Renember that it wont be free in some time Smiley
I will be charging propably 1-3 $ per rig per month Smiley
I just dont have time to do this "fee charging" right now Tongue But i think that January/February i might inplement this in early stage.
Ofcourse i will email everyone with proper period of time and i wont cut off any rig for some time.
Servers, and mostly my time is expensive - i need to earn something becasue all i see around me are only bills Cheesy
Thx anyway Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
my interest to this came from simple rig resetter, I'm maintaining medium farm ~100 rigs and I would like to add some improvements to it.
So far the biggest issue I have is that most of rigs wont start after power blackout or freeze if there isn't a monitor connected (HDMI dummies are on their way for testing).
I have lots of questions about this OS and first one will be the question about the stability, how stable it is and what about starting it up without monitor connected?
Also what will be the fee approximately if it is defined yet?
Also how easy and fast it is to maintain them? (I need couple hrs to update all rigs when Claymore announces new version of his miner)
Thanks Smiley

Now its free but in future price will be somewere between 1-3$/rig/month. But i will start propably with smaller fee in january/february.
Anyway i wont make fee in % becasue reloading rigs to mine few minutes every hour would cause problems.
Now i need to make SRR, then i will be making Japan server for chineese people becasue direct connection from chineese to europe sucks.
Then i will implement some little fees and grow up to 3$ in some time becasue still some features are missing.

Bots OS'es R and RX are starting without any dummy plugges.
But also in RX OS i had to enable Intel Graphic adapter as Primary in order to get this work.
Try download and see for yourself. Image is not newest but all updates will be applied at the booting.

Many people find my S VERY simple and working out of box.
Only some very little people have problems for example ethernet not working when there is too  new motherboard. (i will add drivers later)
But in most cases like 95% it is JUST WORKING Smiley
Interface is nice - you just need to install one rig and see for yourself becasue there is no video showing what it can do.

If rig will discover HW error it will reboot automatically in most cases. But some require SimpleRigResetter Smiley (as when system freezes - it cant execute rebbot becasue it is freezed Tongue)

Anyway if new significant miner will be out, then i am implementing is as fast as i can - depend on impact of new miner.
So if there is cosmetic changes and no speed improvment i am updating it slowly. but when tehre was zcash out, i implemented many miners in mater of hours.

Anyway if there is new miner just post here and i will add id faster becasue nowadays i dont have time to monitor all miners/currencied/topics etc Smiley
Too much tasks already Tongue

So see for yourself and let me know if you have problems here of if it regards to specific rig then [email protected]

Thanks for fats reply Smiley
Is it possible to install it on virtual machine just for the interest of the interface ?
And what about zec speed on RX 4XX cards  ?
BTW fees are great and acceptable for everyone I think
What kinda of sol/s are you getting on the zec miner that you have?
Was wondering about the 470s ability without actually stopping a rig to test just to see

And what about a monitor port for the rigs so software like awesomeminer can pick it up?
what I like about awesomeminer is on the dashboard it gives total hash rate plus what you would make off that hashrate per month
Jump to: