Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 571. (Read 834568 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
My rig (5xRX470 4GB + 1xRX480 4GB) is pulling about 700W for 485 S/s currently.
Will try your suggestion to bring power draw even lower.

Also, thanks for implementing Optiminer, that made me finally commit to your OS  Wink

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
My MSI Rx 480 fan was at 0% with temp at 91C. i caught it and shut it down ASAP. There (WAS?) a bug in fan control.. this was 1hour ago...

This version is also broken.. All 3 cards hit 90C with fans at 15%.. too dangerous. shutting down this app.

FYI using optiminer 0.3
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
What voltage for  RX series if you have any ?

I am setting Voltage Offset to -125mv.
I am doing custom roms for any gpu but its paid service.
What voltage for  RX series if you have any ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Thanks for your great work !

undervolt by editing bios ?

Yes. There is no other way in linux.
Thanks for your great work !

undervolt by editing bios ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
much better
cards stay below 75  Smiley

The spinning up was too slow.
Anyway i will improve this script so it do burst 100% fan speed when temp is >85 C
Ok. Thx for quick report.
I have undervolted gpus so my temps are much lower.
much better
cards stay below 75  Smiley

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Please revert this change asap.
My 480 goes above 85C  Shocked

I made V1027 update, wait until it updates (max 5 min)

I made bigger steps.
Tell me is is better now ?
Activity: 48
RX oesnt support 200 series.

UPDATE V1026
- RX OS auto fan controll set to 76 C.
Tomorrow i will try to release option in dashboard so you could set your own target temperature.
I will also try tomorrow make R OS auto fan controll.

Thanks a lot mate.
Please revert this change asap !
My 480 and 470 go above 85C  Shocked

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Activity: 4
Simple questino.. i see the latest version available but dont see where to download it.. this is the link on the site: https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1019.imgc but points to v1019. I see there is v1023 avail. where is it?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
I had to stop, cards reached 80 degrees and the fans didn't started. rx 470 4 gb.

Previous update was better. Undecided
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

UPDATE V1026
Tomorrow i will try to release option in dashboard so you could set your own target temperature.

Getting there is no screen to be attached matching miner error. Had this before but the miner started never the less. What could it be?

send me PM  with your email and rig number
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

UPDATE V1026

Getting there is "no screen to be attached matching miner" error. Had this before but the miner started never the less. What could it be?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

UPDATE V1026
Activity: 10
Zcash optimer work, i dont have desktop but it work Smiley

I have question, is it possible to have old radeon and new rx470/480 on the same ring ? At this time i see only radeon rx but not 280.
Activity: 13
Hi tytanic!

first of all thanx for amazing OS and all the effort!

Now I will NOT be original LOL:
HOW TO CHANGE FANSPEED manually in a headless multi adapter setup PLEASE?
As my cards are burning with optiminer where is no chance to control fanspeed like in claymore!!! Seems like I lost couple of cards last night - I don´t blame you, I do understand what I left its with poor "auto" configuration, just please give us instructions how to control fans i your OS.

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 xx" do work only for 1st (0) adapter, DISPALY=0.1 also do not work.

is there a script on sturtup I can edit or smthing besidfes manually updating? May be you can just give us a script to run manually when needed till you implement fan control in OS?

I have R OS and 7950/r9 290 cards

anything!  Huh
Please help! I do not want to loose all my cards...

best  Wink
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
Hello - I had big hopes for this because it was the easiest way I could find to use the new Optiminer.

I have been using Ethos with the Silent Army v5 and it's been good but Optiminer is supposed to be better right?

I have R9 290s, 290Xs and 380s.

I tried your Simpleminer, got it to boot, got into the web management OK and tried to set up for Optiminer.

In the "mining console" on the rig's screen I see this message:

/root/xminer.sh: line 24 /root/miner/optiminer-zcash/optiminer-zcash: Permission Denied

I don't understand that, do I need to chmod +x something? Why permission denied?

I was able to get Claymore Eth miner to work but I would really prefer to be able to specify which pool I use since I don't really like Dwarfpool.

I would really love to see Optiminer working and what hash I can achieve with it. How can I fix this?

I would be willing to make a small BTC donation if you can help me make this work.
Jump to: