Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining , still worth it? - page 19. (Read 7308 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 07:40:29 AM
funny i think eth will have a huge pump to $1500 very soon.

I will pray for your prediction to become real, but . . . when people make predictions about future value of eth, is there any information, maket analisys?, any future event that will lead to the value of eth to rally and multiply its current value x3?

Thanks.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 01:30:10 AM
No way.

It only hit $1400 because after BTC surged end of 2017, whales then pumped ETH. Its not going anywhere close to that until BTC is way up. I do think ETH will hit $1400 again, but not in the near future. We have to wait for BTC to finish dumping, then go up 5k+ or so without a drought to see ETH pumped again.

BTC topped out on Dec 18th. Check ETH what started to happen at that exact moment.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 18, 2018, 01:25:47 AM
funny i think eth will have a huge pump to $1500 very soon.
Activity: 112
March 18, 2018, 01:23:40 AM
But I think when ETH falls to $300, miners will drop off and diff will drop.

Also samsung making ASIC. They are going to bring out some $100 ASIC miner that can mine 5 blocks solo a day. Just watch.

Yep, I think it's a selfregulation market too.
And my previous prediction in this topic that mining does not worth it becames true Smiley
March 18, 2018, 01:16:42 AM
But I think when ETH falls to $300, miners will drop off and diff will drop.

Also samsung making ASIC. They are going to bring out some $100 ASIC miner that can mine 5 blocks solo a day. Just watch.
March 18, 2018, 01:07:52 AM
It is not worth getting into BTC mining now, considering with all the equipment that you have to buy. Maybe it is worth to continue mining with the technology you already have, though the returns are rapidly diminishing. Even if some BTC will remain unmined, once the rates fall by 1/2 in 2020 - it will be worthless. As for the other crypto-currencies, it depends! If you start mining an altcoin now and then it shoots up x1000 in price next year, then yeah - it's worth it. But it is sort of like a lottery (though with more chances of winning).

But it much better is just to buy some altcoins as lottery tickets instead of buying equipment for mining it. Because mining doesnot worth it Smiley
March 18, 2018, 01:05:10 AM
eth $0.40 per rx 580 per day, makes you think what the hell is going on, most probable is bitmain running eth asics.

Generally eth asics is a mith. The only thing that possible is gpu assemblings with near the same (maybe fifty percent better) effectiveness.
The main reason - smashing alcoins falling. Eth is going to $300 - near the real electricity repayment level I afraid.

That's mean all you have gain on mining you will pay for electricity bills.
Activity: 78
Merit: 16
March 18, 2018, 01:01:07 AM
It is not worth getting into BTC mining now, considering with all the equipment that you have to buy. Maybe it is worth to continue mining with the technology you already have, though the returns are rapidly diminishing. Even if some BTC will remain unmined, once the rates fall by 1/2 in 2020 - it will be worthless. As for the other crypto-currencies, it depends! If you start mining an altcoin now and then it shoots up x1000 in price next year, then yeah - it's worth it. But it is sort of like a lottery (though with more chances of winning).
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 18, 2018, 12:58:12 AM
eth $0.40 per rx 580 per day, makes you think what the hell is going on, most probable is bitmain running eth asics.
March 18, 2018, 12:44:53 AM
It depends on electricity. How optimized your rig(s) is, what you are mining, etc.

Also that hardware holds value. You will always be able to sell a video card. How much, well that depends. Any card I bought for x dollars I can turn around and sell it for the probably same today.

I am looking for cards. I hope lots say mining isn't worth it and we see an influx of cards on ebay and I buy them up Smiley

Mining is also a great way to anonymously get money into the system. Without added fees of pulling cash out of your bank account. I take my earnings and further trade them.

Also mining is pretty exciting. Perhaps you could get into some smaller / better pools. Or solo mine a coin that maybe you get once every 2-3 days and see how your luck goes

If you are mining on ethermine / flypool, they are mining 1000 blocks a second and there is no fun in that. Or if you are mining to pull the cash out right away, not worth the trouble I think. Save your BTC. Sure it may dip more, but it will go back up.

Stop it Smiley  It's not the time to look for new cards Smiley
Activity: 2
March 17, 2018, 09:55:01 PM
just hold on.
March 17, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
It depends on electricity. How optimized your rig(s) is, what you are mining, etc.

Also that hardware holds value. You will always be able to sell a video card. How much, well that depends. Any card I bought for x dollars I can turn around and sell it for the probably same today.

I am looking for cards. I hope lots say mining isn't worth it and we see an influx of cards on ebay and I buy them up Smiley

Mining is also a great way to anonymously get money into the system. Without added fees of pulling cash out of your bank account. I take my earnings and further trade them.

Also mining is pretty exciting. Perhaps you could get into some smaller / better pools. Or solo mine a coin that maybe you get once every 2-3 days and see how your luck goes

If you are mining on ethermine / flypool, they are mining 1000 blocks a second and there is no fun in that. Or if you are mining to pull the cash out right away, not worth the trouble I think. Save your BTC. Sure it may dip more, but it will go back up.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 17, 2018, 05:21:32 PM
what happened back then in 2013 to gpu mining? was it first asics for bitcoin/litecoin?

Late 2013 was the Litecoin (and other early Scrypt coins to a lesser degree like DOGE) mining craze - then early 2014 saw a double whammy, first Litecoin price started dropping then the Gridseed ASIC showed up.
There was a brief time when a lot of GPUs moved to X11 coins (DarkCoin now known as DASH was starting to get big) but the massive move of GPUs into X11 killed profitability fast.

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
March 17, 2018, 03:10:56 PM
what happened back then in 2013 to gpu mining? was it first asics for bitcoin/litecoin?
March 17, 2018, 02:57:56 PM
Maybe if your electricity is free or cheap mining is still worth, but if your electricity cost is expensive is not worth. Remember, a lot of peoples mining and it makes coins difficultly increased and the market condition is not supported now.

You are right. The mining market is very mature now, there are plenty of companies running their mining farms all over the world. The key factors are electricty price and calculate power(equipment).

Agree with that. One can keep mining if electricity costs lower then mining return. But buying any new equipment is not a good idea  now and may  be  it's  not a time to consider mining as a busines. It is fun that can provide a free pizza. Something like this.

There is no where around me that accepts crypto for pizza.

I bit strange place. But you can buy fiat on exchange, transfer it to your card, charge it and buy some pizza for free.
March 17, 2018, 02:54:04 PM
Maybe if your electricity is free or cheap mining is still worth, but if your electricity cost is expensive is not worth. Remember, a lot of peoples mining and it makes coins difficultly increased and the market condition is not supported now.

You are right. The mining market is very mature now, there are plenty of companies running their mining farms all over the world. The key factors are electricty price and calculate power(equipment).
Mostly companies are GPU distributor and then they resell their cards for higher price. They earn from mining and earn from distributing the cards..
That's why the difficulty is getting more increases and the price of cards is getting increase because they are holding gpu while mining then they resell them in higher price..

As of now i still getting profit but it takes year before a can break my ROI so before i break the roi i think selling them would be the best choice because i think nvidia or AMD will release a new graphics card with higher performance than to old cards.

It is a wrong idea to buy used GPU from anyone I presume. Especially without discont about 50% from stock prices. They do usually with ASICs. Mining in the basement and then  sell to young miners. Also not good idea to buy it because only first batch of ASICs usually have nice ROI. And better buy if from producer in China directly. Time is a money when dealing with ASICs. 3 monthes is an epoch
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 17, 2018, 12:24:02 PM
Not worth if if at all and here is why. For the same price as a 1080Ti you can straight up buy a years worth of coins mined. Of course don't buy BTC, pick a few alt coins and sit on them for a year. IF you were to mine, in a year you MIGHT break even if you sold all the coins.

I just sold all my cards and kept a single Titan Xp. Got double what I paid for them in May and still have all my coins so when the market recovers in a few years, I'll be ready to cash out.

GPU MINING IS DEAD! Just like in 2013 crash. Until the next coin takes off, the only people are mining would be the ones who are HODLing for years! otherwise you might very well lose money after selling coins every month.

I guess it depends on your age.  I'm 33 years old.  I prepared to hodl for twenty years, if need be. 
March 17, 2018, 12:10:51 PM

Agree with that. One can keep mining if electricity costs lower then mining return. But buying any new equipment is not a good idea  now and may  be  it's  not a time to consider mining as a busines. It is fun that can provide a free pizza. Something like this.

There is no where around me that accepts crypto for pizza.
Activity: 24
March 17, 2018, 12:08:56 PM
Not worth if if at all and here is why. For the same price as a 1080Ti you can straight up buy a years worth of coins mined. Of course don't buy BTC, pick a few alt coins and sit on them for a year. IF you were to mine, in a year you MIGHT break even if you sold all the coins.

I just sold all my cards and kept a single Titan Xp. Got double what I paid for them in May and still have all my coins so when the market recovers in a few years, I'll be ready to cash out.

GPU MINING IS DEAD! Just like in 2013 crash. Until the next coin takes off, the only people are mining would be the ones who are HODLing for years! otherwise you might very well lose money after selling coins every month.
March 17, 2018, 12:07:49 PM

I'm glad I don't have to deal with this level of ignorance and short sightedness at my day job.  I'd go crazy ... Lol.

I see that you're going crazy. It's  good.  But what is your point in this discussion?
Is it worth to buy new equipment for mining now or not?

My point is that I don't agree with your statements.  I agree that no one should be over paying for gpu's.  I don't agree with your statement about what you call ROI, but is actually called capital recovery.  There's no point in trying to calculate it for any reason other than to give yourself a baseline.  The market is so volitile that what you say will take 1 year could change to 6 months in four days.  Making blanket statements like that isn't useful to anyone new in the space.
Pages:
Jump to: