Pages:
Author

Topic: Minor trust score algorithm change - page 2. (Read 7300 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Dubs Get
June 19, 2015, 11:41:57 AM
-snip-
Not really sure what that has to do with what I said...

New users have default trust so when they see people with scores of +10 and +20 they will assume they are trusted. The old system that would be sort of correct, but with the new system it can be someone with only a few old positive ratings.

Besides Im not sure I trusted those fancy numbers when I came here, I wonder why this is a common assumption. IMHO it makes more sense to assume that people comeing here to trade take their time to understand the system first.
Its not a common assumption people, especially newbies, judge what they can see, and if you have a scammer tag, there is a high posibility that they wont trade with you
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
June 08, 2015, 07:15:46 AM
What is your opinion about re-adding *negative* trust feedback so that user's m trust rating show as ????
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
May 21, 2015, 04:25:32 PM
-snip-

New users have default trust so when they see people with scores of +10 and +20 they will assume they are trusted. The old system that would be sort of correct, but with the new system it can be someone with only a few old positive ratings.

+10 does not make you trustworthy its the comparisson that makes +10 look high and thus trustworthy. With people like you around (+403 on my list) 10 still looks small.

Besides Im not sure I trusted those fancy numbers when I came here, I wonder why this is a common assumption. IMHO it makes more sense to assume that people comeing here to trade take their time to understand the system first.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
May 21, 2015, 04:17:50 PM
I think the default network is pretty solid now. If anyone leaves some questionable feedback it is openly dealt with here in meta. I just think that the scores are too high and will give newbies a false sence of security. If you are new and see some guy with a +10 trust score you assume he is trusted... I think the new formula is alright just the numbers are too high.

Again, an high dark green trust score doesn't mean that the user is pretty "trusted"... everyone should (always) trade with his own diligence. Now this little modification of the trust system will be evaluated in the next few months/years. If someone 'can' suggest a new better thing I think theymos will modify the system another time.

It does not matter what it should be, it matters how it is. Most people just use default trust and rely on positive trust scores to judge someone here.

'Not exactly' when you register a new account you notice that the trust list contain only the DefaultTrust user (it is an automatic thing). So yes most people use DefaultTrust because they feel 'it' correct but it is not always good... see the few people removed in the last months.

PS: it is matter what theorically should be... I always check the history of an user before trade with him (Also if he has +400 as trust score, it doesn't matter Wink.... whne the majority of users will start to think in this way I am sure there will not be scammed users anymore).

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
May 21, 2015, 03:58:38 PM
I think the default network is pretty solid now. If anyone leaves some questionable feedback it is openly dealt with here in meta. I just think that the scores are too high and will give newbies a false sence of security. If you are new and see some guy with a +10 trust score you assume he is trusted... I think the new formula is alright just the numbers are too high.

Again, an high dark green trust score doesn't mean that the user is pretty "trusted"... everyone should (always) trade with his own diligence. Now this little modification of the trust system will be evaluated in the next few months/years. If someone 'can' suggest a new better thing I think theymos will modify the system another time.

It does not matter what it should be, it matters how it is. Most people just use default trust and rely on positive trust scores to judge someone here.

'Not exactly' when you register a new account you notice that the trust list contain only the DefaultTrust user (it is an automatic thing). So yes most people use DefaultTrust because they feel 'it' correct but it is not always good... see the few people removed in the last months.

PS: it is matter what theorically should be... I always check the history of an user before trade with him (Also if he has +400 as trust score, it doesn't matter Wink.... whne the majority of users will start to think in this way I am sure there will not be scammed users anymore).
legendary
May 21, 2015, 03:53:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
May 21, 2015, 03:15:39 PM

legendary
May 21, 2015, 02:49:21 PM
I think the default network is pretty solid now.

You would think so but no, it isn't.

What is wrong with it? Disputes seem to get handled well and out in the open.

Remember the nice deals with Marco, which allowed him to remain green? This moron got ripped off after being fooled by the nice color.

Ask yourself - would you've got that amount in advance if you didn't have your Level 2 ability? Cross check with all those he threw out of the campaign.

I think if anything my reputation and good feedback gets me better deals...not being lvl 2 in the trust network. I was getting those "special" deals well before the drama started.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
May 21, 2015, 02:23:02 PM

Remember the nice deals with Marco, which allowed him to remain green? This moron got ripped off after being fooled by the nice color.

Ask yourself - would you've got that amount in advance if you didn't have your Level 2 ability? Cross check with all those he threw out of the campaign.
legendary
May 21, 2015, 02:16:33 PM

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy
Can't find anyone else Undecided

dangit, so close with 213

Well once I add my personal network back I show myself as 444: -0 / +57 and OgNasty being the highest with 479: -0 / +56. I think that with using default only I am probably the highest rated though...not sure.
legendary
May 21, 2015, 02:05:04 PM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
May 21, 2015, 02:02:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
May 21, 2015, 02:01:00 PM

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy

dangit, so close with 213
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
May 21, 2015, 01:57:37 PM

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy
legendary
May 21, 2015, 01:55:06 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2015, 01:39:34 PM
The first number is the trust score.

So the trust score appear if you receive any trust include positive and negative on default trust and out of default trust ?

That's what I'm curious about. If someone trades someone out of default trust does it still raise the score? Or is the only way to raise the score is to trade with default trust? If so, that does not seem right. I do understand that you shouldn't trade exclusively with default trust nor do I, but if someone has alot of successful trades with other members that are not on default trust, that does not seem right that they would not get some sort of rating increase. That of course if trading outside default trust does not change your rating.

Numbers in trust rating increases only if you get positive feedback from default trust list users.

I can and do understand the reasoning behind this and its purpose, but, idk. Seems like their would be a better solution. Maybe a untrusted feedback ranking score as well.

Untrusted feedback score can easily be manipulated. It won't have any "good" use.

I feel that default trust can be manipulated as well. So I do not think that argument is valid.

I don't agree. A user can simply create alts and leave feedback on himself to bump up their untrusted feedback score. A user cannot create alts that are on defaulttrust.

While that is true, and I do agree with that, but its also true that trust buying goes on here as well. It may not be monetary funds or even cryptocurrency, but the fact does remain trust can be bought. All I'm saying is the system is always ready for improvements. We just have to think about what those improvements could be and implement them to see if the desired effect does work.

I still don't see the problem. If you don't like the people on defaulttrust, you can build your own trust list.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
May 21, 2015, 01:26:42 PM

While that is true, and I do agree with that, but its also true that trust buying goes on here as well. It may not be monetary funds or even cryptocurrency, but the fact does remain trust can be bought. All I'm saying is the system is always ready for improvements. We just have to think about what those improvements could be and implement them to see if the desired effect does work.

That will be no use , as people will always find exploits and use them for their advantage.
It is best to have this limited to Default User's Only , i don't know if anyone is selling trust but this new change as i understand will make it hard for them.
Even if you get 5 Ratings right now from 5 different people , you will need to wait 1 month to turn Light Green , 2 more months to become Dark Green.
And if only 1 person gives you trust again and again , than it will be Light Green and first number as 10 at the max.
So it is actually better and safer to abuse than before.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
May 21, 2015, 01:15:28 PM

So the trust score appear if you receive any trust include positive and negative on default trust and out of default trust ?

That's what I'm curious about. If someone trades someone out of default trust does it still raise the score? Or is the only way to raise the score is to trade with default trust? If so, that does not seem right. I do understand that you shouldn't trade exclusively with default trust nor do I, but if someone has alot of successful trades with other members that are not on default trust, that does not seem right that they would not get some sort of rating increase. That of course if trading outside default trust does not change your rating.

Numbers in trust rating increases only if you get positive feedback from default trust list users.

I can and do understand the reasoning behind this and its purpose, but, idk. Seems like their would be a better solution. Maybe a untrusted feedback ranking score as well.

Untrusted feedback score can easily be manipulated. It won't have any "good" use.

I feel that default trust can be manipulated as well. So I do not think that argument is valid.

I don't agree. A user can simply create alts and leave feedback on himself to bump up their untrusted feedback score. A user cannot create alts that are on defaulttrust.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2015, 01:10:48 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 252
May 21, 2015, 01:02:53 PM

Pages:
Jump to: