Pages:
Author

Topic: mkxminer: Fast Lyra2Z/Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD GPU (ZCoin, GINcoin, VERT, MONA... - page 19. (Read 52725 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
At what intervals should I decrease voltage in mw?

So if I underclock my core GPU clock -10 at a time how much should I undervolt?
I'm not 100% sure, I think Polaris cards run with 12.5 MHz and 6.25 mv increments. Doesn't really matter I guess. When I tune my cards I just do it in 25 MHz/mv increments. So if you've got 1250 MHz core clock, then try 1225 MHz, then 1200 MHz etc. Same with voltage, if you're at 950 mv, then try 975 mv, then 1000 mv if it's still not stable etc. I think pretty much all cards are stable at 1100 MHz @ 900 mv, and most can do more. You can go either from your current unstable settings down, or you can set some safe clocks/voltages first and then try going up until the card is not stable anymore (and then you back off a bit).
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Anyone have an idea on how I can reduce power consumption?  I have two rx 580 sapphire nitro special edition cards and one msi rx  580 OC 8GB.  The nitros are pulling huge power and it seems like my cards don't respond to an undervolt or -% on power.  
Undervolting is the only way to significantly lower the power consumption.
What kind of adjustments need to be made if my 580s are crashing the miner?
Decrease clocks and/or increase voltage. That's the usual stuff to make GPUs stable.

At what intervals should I decrease voltage in mw?

So if I underclock my core GPU clock -10 at a time how much should I undervolt?
Activity: 86
Some news from the dev? We are paying money afterall, it is not like it's free :/

What sort of news do you require?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Some news from the dev? We are paying money afterall, it is not like it's free :/
lol.
There is just a dev fee: this doesn't entitle us - users - the right to have updates.

We are lucky to have dev like this one who provide us with competitive soft, even at a fee: frequently optimized miners are exclusively developped for private big farms ...
Of course open source  soft are better but usually most users don't donate to dev, therefore a dev fee is rather a good compromise...

Amen to this brother  Cool
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
lol.
There is just a dev fee: this doesn't entitle us - users - the right to have updates.

We are lucky to have dev like this one who provide us with competitive soft, even at a fee: frequently optimized miners are exclusively developped for private big farms ...
Of course open source  soft are better but usually most users don't donate to dev, therefore a dev fee is rather a good compromise...

Activity: 82
legendary
Anyone have an idea on how I can reduce power consumption?  I have two rx 580 sapphire nitro special edition cards and one msi rx  580 OC 8GB.  The nitros are pulling huge power and it seems like my cards don't respond to an undervolt or -% on power. 
Undervolting is the only way to significantly lower the power consumption.
Decrease clocks and/or increase voltage. That's the usual stuff to make GPUs stable.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Hey winkmx, could you take a look at NIST5 algo?

There is some intersting coins, but the lastest kernel for sgminer old and dont work as expected (looow hashrate). You did a miracle with Lyra2v2, so could you do it for NIST5?
Do you guys think it is save for me to try this miner on a remote rig? I don't have physical access to the rig right now and won't have for atleast a week so i need to be sure it doesn't crash or something and make my rig remotely unmanageable.
I would definitely not try this if you don't have any way to remotely control the rig (IPMI or a watchdog). Most AMD rigs mine memory-intensive algos like ETH or Cryptonight which don't put a lot of stress on the GPU. So when you run something compute-intensive like Lyra2rev2, there's a good chance that your OC won't be stable and you'll have to do some adjustments (core clock/voltage). You could easily get your rig frozen when you run this miner for the first time.

Anyone have an idea on how I can reduce power consumption?  I have two rx 580 sapphire nitro special edition cards and one msi rx  580 OC 8GB.  The nitros are pulling huge power and it seems like my cards don't respond to an undervolt or -% on power.  Anyone have an ideal starting point to find the optimal setup so I can put a 4th GPU that I ordered onto my 850W gold seasonic?  Right now I'm drawing ~650W with my power meter.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
hello, i want to use my cpu in mining too.  is it applicable here or is it possible for an AMD processor, AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6 GHz Eight-Core AM4 Processor i hope it works.
Not with this miner. And lyra2v2 definitely won't be a good choice to mine with a processor using any other miner as well. You can expect hashrate of no more than 2 MH/s, a tiny fraction of what a videocard can do.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
hello, i want to use my cpu in mining too.  is it applicable here or is it possible for an AMD processor, AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6 GHz Eight-Core AM4 Processor i hope it works.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
Do you guys think it is save for me to try this miner on a remote rig? I don't have physical access to the rig right now and won't have for atleast a week so i need to be sure it doesn't crash or something and make my rig remotely unmanageable.
I would definitely not try this if you don't have any way to remotely control the rig (IPMI or a watchdog). Most AMD rigs mine memory-intensive algos like ETH or Cryptonight which don't put a lot of stress on the GPU. So when you run something compute-intensive like Lyra2rev2, there's a good chance that your OC won't be stable and you'll have to do some adjustments (core clock/voltage). You could easily get your rig frozen when you run this miner for the first time.
Thanks, i knew it would be a risky move but i didn't know tha lyra2rev2 would be compute intensive. My rig is OCed for ETH so you are probably right it would crash at running it. Will have to wait untill next week in order to try it out.
Activity: 82
Autorestart is not working okay , i always find out with the disconected from pool, restard ....failed..... Please fix the auto-restarting , as the claymore miners do
I'm talking about zpool - mining verge and also the other one idcray....they both have the same simptoms....after one and a half day or a half day, they disconnect
mkxminer v3.0.0
Activity: 382
Merit: 251

You can use rig resetter or simply a smart plug which turns off/turns on power via smart app and you can set rig to turn on when power restored from mobo bios.

Thats how I manage my rigs remotely.

Your rig will be online again so you can change settings remotely after it crashes.

Example device:

Tplink HS110 (using this happily)
Sonof S20 (cheap price )
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
I tried moner 3.0 with a RX560 and RX570. But these cards are modded for ETH mining so VTC mining hashes are lower than expected.

RX560: 12 Mh/s
RX570: 26-26.5 Mh/s

Both gpu down-clocked and memory is up-clocked.

I will try with default settings if I find time to reset bios of the cards.

Why? Just use some tool to overclock core and downclock memory

Current setup is for ETH mining. I prefer modding bios rather than thirdparty OC. I find the best/optimal setting for my cards. Mod bios and then let them run.

But other tools work for sure.

Bios modding is sth I prefer.
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Having a strange issue here, in a single 470 card system using the beta blockchain drivers the program works amazingly but in a 4 card 470 system all settings and hardware matching the miner starts to connect to the stratum and then instantly stops. there is no error or anything just stops. any help would be great.
Activity: 3
Is there any benefit to using the x17 algo on AMD if you made support for it in your mkxminer?
Just seen zpool has that option and it does only vxg mining... would be nice to just support verge vs the lyra2rev2 which is working on other coins there w lyra2v2.
Thanks and nice job on mkxminer.

Pages:
Jump to: