Pages:
Author

Topic: MMA Info and Predictions - Bellator, KSW, PFL, ONE... - page 44. (Read 14173 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
New PFL 8 Playoff event just started with some great fights and I would suggest watchinhg heavyweight clash Ante Delija vs Renan Ferreira that is starting soon.
This is nice warmup for tomorrow UFC event and they have motivation to win one million dollars in this playoffs.
I didn't watch Vojto Barborík or Maxim Radu so far but this looks like interesting featherweight fight and they have good mma records.

http://pflmma.com/
legendary
Dana White announced new UFC contract winners for last Contender Series Week 3 and he signed three contracts to Clayton Carpenter, Erik Silva and Jamal Pogues.
I expected he would sign one heavyweight dude and I was right, that was Jamal Pogues, and for main event Dana liked Bo Nickal but decided to give him one more chance in next Contender Series.

Very interesting event Bellator 284 Gracie vs Yamauchi is coming in few days.
Rest of the card doesn't have some exciting names, but I think co-main event Moldavsky vs Mowry could be good heavyweight clash.

http://www.bellator.com/
legendary
Third week of Dana White Contender Series is scheduled for tomorrow with five new matches.
Most interesting part is that face-offs was very intense and explosive between two girls Lavado and Wojcik that almost started a fight.
I want to see co-main event between two big heavyweight dudes with good MMA record Paulo Renato (10-1) and Jamal Pogues (8-3).
Face-offs video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmJktpmZHw

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Dana White just signed five new fighters with UFC contracts after Contender Series second week, and he was in better mood than last week.
New UFC fighters are Billy Goff, Waldo Cortes-Acosta, Francis Marshall, Vinicius Salvador and Chris Duncan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicMudi8EUY

Moving to the new event coming soon is PFL 7 Playoffs with mix of famous fighters like Anthony Pettis and some unknowns in main event.
This is second fight between Stevie Ray and Anthony Pettis and last time this year Stevie Ray was better.
Nice warmup for this weekend UFC event.

Dana White was really really happy you can see it in his eyes and reaction that he was very delighted with the fighters in the contender series, he was really standing with delight in what is happening, and it was really a great event in my opinion this Contender series really hit the 2nd trending Worldwide just like Dana White have been saying and Billy Goff was given by Dana White a standing ovation when he turns the table on his opponent, And Waldo Cortes-Acosta was now the active fighter in the Dominican Republic, Francis Marshall, Vinicius Salvador, and Chris Duncan, they all really did a great job and Dana White really love their performance to be given a contract in the UFC,

I got to add this to my post because I was really moved by what happened to this fight, and if you all watch or know the ONE Championship and what happens to the fight and because it was a fight on January 14, 2022, when Xiong Jing Nan was now pulling his punches on her opponent Ayaka Miura that control on her self when her opponent can not fight anymore and the concern for Miura was really tremendous she even asks the referee to help her, I haven't seen the fight back then because I was not really familiar with ONE Championship, but that remarkable and unthinkable concern over her opponent was really something so it really deserves a respect,

legendary
Dana White just signed five new fighters with UFC contracts after Contender Series second week, and he was in better mood than last week.
New UFC fighters are Billy Goff, Waldo Cortes-Acosta, Francis Marshall, Vinicius Salvador and Chris Duncan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicMudi8EUY

Moving to the new event coming soon is PFL 7 Playoffs with mix of famous fighters like Anthony Pettis and some unknowns in main event.
This is second fight between Stevie Ray and Anthony Pettis and last time this year Stevie Ray was better.
Nice warmup for this weekend UFC event.

legendary
Contender Series second week matches are starting in few hours with five new matches, but they need to perform much better than last week.
Dana White was angry and pissed, giving only one fighter contract with UFC, so I am expecting to see more raw power.
Good thing is to see two heavyweight fighters on this card but other matches look promising.

Short preview of fighters in this card is available on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGwfp9ILvY

legendary
Pretty much I want to watch a fight on the UFC, but because the event was on Sunday but I am itching to see a fight well there will be this Friday on LFA and the event is called
I don't follow LFA at all and I don't know any of the fighters from their roster.
Maybe you should watch recordings from recent Contender Series Week One that recently finished.
Dana White was not very happy with performance of some fighters, he was angry and honestly I think he was on cocaine or on some other drug, because he was totally lost.
Only one fighter signed for UFC and that was Joseph Pyfer  who won in main event against Ozzy Diaz.
Watch Dana White on drugs again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2jHZyCciI

Well, I really haven't watched any LFA fight and this is my 1st time and just trying to expose myself to other MMA fights out there, just to get that feeling but this is just for fun for me and I really want to watch a fight right now, well, I will share here what is my experience in watching LFA, and I have seen other users that posted LFA here maybe they are interested in this kind of stuff, and just like you I haven't had any knowledge about LFA fighters at all, I will be just watching and not making any bet,

The Dana White's Contender Series was really something but Dana White was really upset about it, and as you have said he must be on drugs for saying such things, and what he would expect this is the Contender Series, I really don't expect much on every fighter in this contender series at all, And Joe Pyfer surely has potential and I think he is well rounded, but for not finishing that submission on Diaz, he surely needs to learn more, But congrats to Joe Pyfer for getting it done,

And Dana White should stop using drugs he is out of his league for getting mad about it but I think he is right about being like Joe Pyfer who is hungry in getting on board in the UFC, and Dana White added to show them who you really be, and Joe Pyfer really is showing himself into the fight, 

legendary
Pretty much I want to watch a fight on the UFC, but because the event was on Sunday but I am itching to see a fight well there will be this Friday on LFA and the event is called
I don't follow LFA at all and I don't know any of the fighters from their roster.
Maybe you should watch recordings from recent Contender Series Week One that recently finished.
Dana White was not very happy with performance of some fighters, he was angry and honestly I think he was on cocaine or on some other drug, because he was totally lost.
Only one fighter signed for UFC and that was Joseph Pyfer  who won in main event against Ozzy Diaz.
Watch Dana White on drugs again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2jHZyCciI
legendary

LFA 137: Gibson vs. Amil

Friday 07.29.2022

MAIN CARD

Featherweight: Chase Gibson VS Hyder Amil
Bantamweight: Ricardo Dias VS John Sweeney
Lightweight: Jacob Rosales VS Darren Smith Jr.
Lightweight: Jean-Paul Lebosnoyani VS Caleb Hall
Flyweight: Cody Davis VS Mark Climaco
Featherweight: Leandro Gomes VS Javier Garcia
Middleweight: Billy Elekana VS Daniel Compton
Woman Strawweight: Pauline Macias VS Amber Brown

PRELIMINARY CARD

Flyweight: Karlee Pangilinan VS Mefi Monterroso
Featherweight: Danny Silva VS Elijah Leggett
Woman Strawweight: Alandria Brown VS Jasmine Pouncy
Welterweight: Emmanueli Adzoh VS Tyson Miller
Welterweight: Jeffrey Craig VS Orlando Sanders

CANCELLED BOUT

Woman Flyweight: Dione Barbosa VS Lisa Mauldin

All information was from TAPOLOGY
legendary
This is already a 7th series of that kind. This means that UFC roster has been increased for more than 30 new fighters. Anyone remember any big star that came from Dana White series ? I wonder which option to get new fighters better: from contender series or taking fighters from other organizations? From business point - UFC earn from contender series, from quality point - I dont know Cheesy
This is not guaranteed to happen, and if Dana and his team don't like what they saw from fighters in this fight they don't have to sign any contracts with them.
There is tendency to clean roster and remove older fighters that are not active but they are not going to sign everyone who wins in contender series.
Interesting fighters from in first week are from light heavyweight category, undefeated Anton Turkalj and Brazillian Acácio dos Santos, and this category needs fresh young blood in UFC.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
There is interesting action this week in MMA, Dana White Contender Series is back starting tomorrow with five new fights and five fighters that could sign contract with UFC.
This is season 6 Week 1 fights:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_White%27s_Contender_Series_Season_6

This is already a 7th series of that kind. This means that UFC roster has been increased for more than 30 new fighters. Anyone remember any big star that came from Dana White series ? I wonder which option to get new fighters better: from contender series or taking fighters from other organizations? From business point - UFC earn from contender series, from quality point - I dont know Cheesy
legendary
It was not bad card for Bellator with expected results.
One more easy win for Usman Nurmagomedov against Chris Gonzalez in Bellator and now he has perfect record 15-0, trying to go up like his older cousin Khabib Smiley
I missed that Luis Pena was fighting with Will Brooks in some unknown XMMA organization and he changed some of them after he left UFC few years ago.

There is interesting action this week in MMA, Dana White Contender Series is back starting tomorrow with five new fights and five fighters that could sign contract with UFC.
This is season 6 Week 1 fights:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_White%27s_Contender_Series_Season_6
legendary
we can also have a debate regarding if you really like a woman to fight or not in this kind of combat sports,

First of all, to avoid throwing rotten tomatoes into me, my opinion is that kitchen is not the only place for women Grin I am ok with seeing women in sports with weapons (like fencing). I am ok to seeing women in judo, wrestling, karate and other close combat sports. But, the winner in a fight must be decided by amount of points gained for performing technique. But not who has made more damage, crippled, or injured his opponent. Mark a hit to a face, get 1 point. Get 10 points and win. Not smash other chicks nose, break her cheekbone and win.

Respect, in what you want I really want that as well I really don't want to see a fighting kitten be bloodied, or have a broken arm, leg, or joint but I think in the heat of the battle it is really inevitable to sustain those kinds of injuries, I really don't want a debate actually and I really respect your opinion everybody wants that kind of approach with a woman fighting in this kind of event but combat sports are really like that,

and there is a recent fight that I was really freaking out about when I see it happen the fight between Jessica-Rose Clark VS Julija Stoliarenko when Stoliarenko broke Clark's arm and pop it up because of the armbar, it was really concerning, and after that fight, I was really searching what has to happen and how is Jessica-Rose, upon further searching I've seen she uploaded a video on how she was an update on her broken Arm, and likely it was a surgery, and from that, I really feel the hardship in a woman that is why I don't want to see this kind of sight but as a fan, we can not do much but just to support them in what they do,

legendary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71NUNNeS33o

Bellator 283 is starting in few hours and you can watch Prelims Live and FREE on Bellator youtube channel!
Main card have some very promising fights but I would tune in with Prelims, you can watch more United States vs Russia fights, with Usman Nurmagomedov vs Chris Gonzalez being most important.
In main event I think Jason Jackson can take a scalp from Douglas Lima, he has big reach advantage and he is few years younger , but fight can go to distance all five rounds with decision win.
legendary
we can also have a debate regarding if you really like a woman to fight or not in this kind of combat sports,

First of all, to avoid throwing rotten tomatoes into me, my opinion is that kitchen is not the only place for women Grin I am ok with seeing women in sports with weapons (like fencing). I am ok to seeing women in judo, wrestling, karate and other close combat sports. But, the winner in a fight must be decided by amount of points gained for performing technique. But not who has made more damage, crippled, or injured his opponent. Mark a hit to a face, get 1 point. Get 10 points and win. Not smash other chicks nose, break her cheekbone and win.
legendary
This is combat sport and I watched women compete for years in karate and kickboxing, and now in mma, no difference, it's just sports.

But it is different. I think most fights, women tap quicker, or weaker strikes KOs them. Racing is also sports, but we dont watch (I wonder if we even have) women Formula 1, MotoGP. Football - most popular sports on the planet. Anyone knows at least 5 good women players? Ask any one to name best football players, you will instantly hear Ronaldo, Messi, Pele, Maradona. Anyway, I dont like women MMA, I think this is not for them. It is ok to see smashed men faces, but not women. When we see a man with black eye - we think that he was either wrong, or defended his opinion. What we think when we see a women with black eye? Cheesy Poor girl.

We will surely have different opinions regarding this topic, and women and MMA for me OK if they like it why not if they can show what they are good at then why not, I think they are surely free to pick what they really want, it goes to show that we will surely have a different opinion regarding this, we can also have a debate regarding if you really like a woman to fight or not in this kind of combat sports,

This is mostly due to cultural stigmas and how the brain is wired. Women are wired to take fewer risks than men and are culturally brought up to have an inclination towards non sport things as that is reserved for boys. An interesting thing is that there was/is a rise of women skateboarders in some Arab countries as skateboarding is considered a child's game and therefore girls that are forbidden to play ''boys sports'' take up skateboarding. So the reason we don't see / know many good players, fighters, racers what have you, is that women tend to make up a much smaller percentage of people doing sports. Not because they would not be any good at it.

This is because in the old time women are likely to be oppressed many men think that women are just for household jobs, for some they are just mere tools or maids to clean the house, do laundry, cook every meal, or just nurture the young, but for the modern times I think right now there is different thinking that Woman are equal to men that is why there is a saying that if men can do it so are woman, I think thinking woman is not worth for anything dangerous has old thinking towards them, or maybe that person just don't want a woman to be hurt, because even though a woman can also do what men does they are still delicate in nature,

Pretty much Bellator doesn't have so much well-known roster as the UFC, so I think that is why you dub them as boring
Let me name just few of them everyone knows, Fedor Emelianenko, Yoel Romero, Patrício Pitbull, Cheick Kongo, Sergio Pettis, Vadim Nemkov, Usman Nurmagomedov, Gegard Mousasi, Ryan Bader, Cris Cyborg, and more.
Maybe they don't have all divisions full of famous fighters, I would never say they are unknown fighters with boring fights, but they have older roster than UFC.
I think Vadim Nemkov would be in top five in UFC light-heavyweight division, same as Usman Nurmagomedov for lightweight division.

Full Invicta FC 48 event is now available for on their youtube channel, and I think they streamed it live for free on same place.
This was night had four finishes and two decision wins and if you don't want to watch full fights they have short post-fight wrap-up.
If you think that fights between female fighters are boring you should watch some of this fights, and you will understand why UFC signed many fighters from Invicta, Cris Cyborg was one of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqThNCnL8HU

Well after seeing this I have never known that those familiar names were on Bellator once until I search their names on Wikipedia, but I am also talking to the Bellator now, I don't really know Bellator ever since but the first MMA sports that I have come across are UFC, I have just recently known Bellator and right now I am just getting started with some of their roster, but thanks for adding this up,
legendary
Pretty much Bellator doesn't have so much well-known roster as the UFC, so I think that is why you dub them as boring
Let me name just few of them everyone knows, Fedor Emelianenko, Yoel Romero, Patrício Pitbull, Cheick Kongo, Sergio Pettis, Vadim Nemkov, Usman Nurmagomedov, Gegard Mousasi, Ryan Bader, Cris Cyborg, and more.
Maybe they don't have all divisions full of famous fighters, I would never say they are unknown fighters with boring fights, but they have older roster than UFC.
I think Vadim Nemkov would be in top five in UFC light-heavyweight division, same as Usman Nurmagomedov for lightweight division.

Full Invicta FC 48 event is now available for on their youtube channel, and I think they streamed it live for free on same place.
This was night had four finishes and two decision wins and if you don't want to watch full fights they have short post-fight wrap-up.
If you think that fights between female fighters are boring you should watch some of this fights, and you will understand why UFC signed many fighters from Invicta, Cris Cyborg was one of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqThNCnL8HU
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
This is combat sport and I watched women compete for years in karate and kickboxing, and now in mma, no difference, it's just sports.

But it is different. I think most fights, women tap quicker, or weaker strikes KOs them. Racing is also sports, but we dont watch (I wonder if we even have) women Formula 1, MotoGP. Football - most popular sports on the planet. Anyone knows at least 5 good women players? Ask any one to name best football players, you will instantly hear Ronaldo, Messi, Pele, Maradona. Anyway, I dont like women MMA, I think this is not for them. It is ok to see smashed men faces, but not women. When we see a man with black eye - we think that he was either wrong, or defended his opinion. What we think when we see a women with black eye? Cheesy Poor girl.

This is mostly due to cultural stigmas and how the brain is wired. Women are wired to take fewer risks than men and are culturally brought up to have an inclination towards non sport things as that is reserved for boys. An interesting thing is that there was/is a rise of women skateboarders in some Arab countries as skateboarding is considered a child's game and therefore girls that are forbidden to play ''boys sports'' take up skateboarding. So the reason we don't see / know many good players, fighters, racers what have you, is that women tend to make up a much smaller percentage of people doing sports. Not because they would not be any good at it.
legendary

legendary

To warm up for Bellator there is all female Invicta event tomorrow with six fights and main event Taneisha Tennant vs Olga Rubin in Bantamweight championship title fight.

WOW! I haven't noticed this post because pretty much busy with the other threads but that are many fighting kittens that I feast my eyes on, Olga Rubin lost to Taneisha Tennant that has an amazing record, well Olga Rubins, looks beautiful with long her, but the impressive fight was the two lovely kittens Kristina Williams VS Liana Pirosin that end up in a Submission pretty much I will watch the fight again,

I think you mixed something with PFL MMA, because Belaltor has regular events like UFC and they don't have any problem with sponsors and money.
Maybe they pay fighters more percentage than UFC and Dana White, that was reported by Cris Cyborg and other fighters that moved  from UFC to Bealltor.
List of all Bellator events shows many times they have more events in one month, with 286 so far:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bellator_MMA_events

It is good that we have Bellator to back us up when UFC doesn't have any even on the weekend or if they are on Hiatus for 2 weeks, pretty much even though UFC is more popular than Bellator, the quality of fights in Bellator is non-other aswell, for MMA fights I totally recommend these 2 aswell, but still going back to One Championship to support my fellow Filipino fighters,

I know that compared with PFL or maybe One, Bellator has also a lot of event, but there are huge pauses between them. Maybe I am already used to watch UFC every week. I dont know. Maybe because UFC is more popular and I hear UFC more often than Bellator. But I have already built a vision, that Bellator events are rare and often have boring card.

Are you planning to watch Invicta tomorrow? I just cant force myself to watch women fighting. It was shocking to see a women fight in UFC, now there is a women fight in every UFC event and they even have their own event... What is your opinion on women mma ?

Pretty much Bellator doesn't have so much well-known roster as the UFC, so I think that is why you dub them as boring, but for me, there are a couple of fights in Bellator that I really like and have taken a list of fighters that are worth watching, and just like the UFC at 1st glance, I don't really know anything about them but when I tried to it more frequently I am now more familiar with most fighters I think you just need to watch more Bellator just to familiarize with certain fighters,
Pages:
Jump to: