Pages:
Author

Topic: MMA Info and Predictions - Bellator, KSW, PFL, ONE... - page 40. (Read 14041 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Yoel Romero is far from finishing his MMA carrier judging by his last brutal KO win against Melvin Manhoef, and he made it look so easy.
In few months he is going to have 46 years and he can maybe go for another try on light-heavyweight category title belt.
You can watch all prelim fights from Bellator 285 for free on their youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iATRr-SEJvA
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Manny Pacquiao was age 16 when he started fighting inside the ring with adult boxers, but back then the age limit was very strict so he used fake age when he fights inside the ring, they say that he is already willing to fight a guy with 10 years gap to him, but you can never be young or old to get what you wanted, or to be who you wanted to be, It just that in a young age he is early to look for things that could make him money for his family,
LOL I didn't know about this but I just wrote that the same thing happened with Mike Tyson   Smiley

Well pretty much boxers are getting younger these days, they need to lie about their age to get a professional license, If you have watched the documentary about Manny Pacquaio you will know what hardship he faced in order to get what he attained now,

And because of the success of the later Contender Series, I really want to see some action and because fighters here are desperate in getting a contract with the UFC

Contender Series 2022: Week 10
Tuesday 09.27.2022
Venue: UFC APEX

Middleweight: Bo Nickal VS Donovan Beard

Lightweight: Sam Patterson VS Vinicius Cenci

Featherweight: Freddy Emiliano Linares VS Jack Jenkins

Flyweight: Rafael Ramos Estevam VS João Elias

Bantamweight: Ashiek Ajim VS Mateus Mendonça

All information was from TAPOLOGY
legendary
The hype is because he is 17 and he is in UFC ? Or that 17 years old kid compete with adults? I dont understand that. He is allowed to his people in the face, get paid for that, but is not allowed to buy an alcohol - lol Cheesy
I remember Mike Tyson started boxing very early and he had his first official fight with 18 years old, but I would say that MMA is much more dangerous.
Someone even said that Tyson had to lie in one of his fights because he was underage but he didn't look that young.

Manny Pacquiao was age 16 when he started fighting inside the ring with adult boxers, but back then the age limit was very strict so he used fake age when he fights inside the ring, they say that he is already willing to fight a guy with 10 years gap to him, but you can never be young or old to get what you wanted, or to be who you wanted to be, It just that in a young age he is early to look for things that could make him money for his family,
LOL I didn't know about this but I just wrote that the same thing happened with Mike Tyson   Smiley

legendary

Yeah, Dana White was very happy after this event because he saw a lot of KO finishes Smiley
Jafel Filho ended up in hospital after the fight but he got the contract, Nurullo Aliev face reminds me a little on Khabib's face and he is first UFC fighter from Tajikistan,
Austen Lane will be good addition in heavyweight, Raul Rosas signed with being only 17 years old, and Brunno Ferreira has a perfect 9-0 record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxwjAyN02KM

I have watched all replays, and it was amazing that is why Dana White is so much happy for giving them UFC Contracts these 5 fighters deliver an amazing finish to their fights,

So sad for Jafel Filho to get an injury on the fight, but it was worth it getting the UFC contract was all he needed, and pretty much he is very happy in hearing about it, pretty much that Contender series is a banger, that is why I am looking forward for more Contender series like these,

I've seen a lot of posts about Raul Rosas in Twitter and Instagram. I havent watched full fight, just scrolled it through, but havent noticed anything special to see why there is so much hype around him. The hype is because he is 17 and he is in UFC ? Or that 17 years old kid compete with adults? I dont understand that. He is allowed to his people in the face, get paid for that, but is not allowed to buy an alcohol - lol Cheesy

If we impose that information on current a situation that is going on in the world (huge war), then there is no big deal about 17 years old kid performs in UFC. From age 18, kids are allowed to go to military service, with allowance from parents from 16. That means from 16 they are allowed to kill.  Huh

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
I've seen a lot of posts about Raul Rosas in Twitter and Instagram. I havent watched full fight, just scrolled it through, but havent noticed anything special to see why there is so much hype around him. The hype is because he is 17 and he is in UFC ? Or that 17 years old kid compete with adults? I dont understand that. He is allowed to his people in the face, get paid for that, but is not allowed to buy an alcohol - lol Cheesy

If we impose that information on current a situation that is going on in the world (huge war), then there is no big deal about 17 years old kid performs in UFC. From age 18, kids are allowed to go to military service, with allowance from parents from 16. That means from 16 they are allowed to kill.  Huh

Its something new at least. It normally happens in boxing only where a 14yr old kid trains in boxing gym in Mexico, Peurto Rico or Philippines and then begin to fight as amateur.

Rosas is the first we see in MMA. But he will be tested. If he proves to be good, the longer can Dana hype him. Until 35 I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435

If we impose that information on current a situation that is going on in the world (huge war), then there is no big deal about 17 years old kid performs in UFC. From age 18, kids are allowed to go to military service, with allowance from parents from 16. That means from 16 they are allowed to kill.  Huh
legendary
pretty much all fighters that landed the victory all got their UFC contracts so congratulations to them,
Yeah, Dana White was very happy after this event because he saw a lot of KO finishes Smiley
Jafel Filho ended up in hospital after the fight but he got the contract, Nurullo Aliev face reminds me a little on Khabib's face and he is first UFC fighter from Tajikistan,
Austen Lane will be good addition in heavyweight, Raul Rosas signed with being only 17 years old, and Brunno Ferreira has a perfect 9-0 record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxwjAyN02KM
legendary
Next Friday there's two events on Bellator and Cage Warrior
I don't watch Cage Wariors but this Bellator 285 event could be very interesting to watch with Yoel Romero coming back in octagon again against other oldtimer Melvin Manhoef.
If I was making this card I would move Manhoef vs Romero for main event instead of Henderson vs Queally, but I am not even near matchmakers Smiley
Romero should win, he is huge favorite and he has the reach advantage, but I don't like this odds at all, so much that I would even try small bet against him.
Bellator 285 is already available on Sportsbet website: https://sportsbet.io/sports/mma/bellator/bellator-285/matches

Dana White Contender Series week 9 is starting in few hours and that is always fun to watch when we have prospects like this.

You are right Bellator 285 could be a crazy fight with Yoel Romero from UFC, the Main event could be promising but the Yoel Romero VS Melvin Manhoef is the one that I think fans would likely see but for me, the Main Event is Benson Henderson lost to Damian Maia and they surely fight with grappling that fight was really have the pressure on Benson Henderson, I have watch it and Damian Maia was just chilling and Henderson seems pretty much scared to close the distance, he knows that Damian can surely reversed their situation and Benson Lost it, while Peter Queally have lost brutally against Patricky Pitbull, for me I would go with Benson Henderson, while on the Yoel Romero VS Melvin Manhoef I will surely go with Romero with these fight,  

And the Contender Series Week 9 results

Brunno Ferreira Defeated Leon Aliu and gets UFC Contract

Raul Rosas Jr. Defeated Mando Gutierrez and Gets UFC Contract

Austen Lane Defeated Richard Jacobi and Gets UFC Contract

Nurullo Aliev Defeated Josh Wick and gets UFC Contract

Jafel Filho Defeated Roybert Echeverria and gets UFC Contract

pretty much all fighters that landed the victory all got their UFC contracts so congratulations to them,
legendary
I don't watch Cage Wariors but this Bellator 285 event could be very interesting to watch with Yoel Romero coming back in octagon again against other oldtimer Melvin Manhoef.
If I was making this card I would move Manhoef vs Romero for main event instead of Henderson vs Queally, but I am not even near matchmakers Smiley
Romero should win, he is huge favorite and he has the reach advantage, but I don't like this odds at all, so much that I would even try small bet against him.
Bellator 285 is already available on Sportsbet website: https://sportsbet.io/sports/mma/bellator/bellator-285/matches

Dana White Contender Series week 9 is starting in few hours and that is always fun to watch when we have prospects like this.

legendary
Here are the results of today's fight, on LFA 142: Amorim vs. Nichols

Jaqueline Amorim VS Ashley Nichols ROUND 1 SUBMISSION - WIN

That was an incredibly fast victory from Jaqueline Amorim, she immediately goes towards that takedown, and from that she first went to ground and pound and she sees that it is not successful she immediately grabs Ashley Nichol's arm for an armbar, then her opponent taps in pain, it was a quick fight for Amorim, a very powerful one, she already knows what she will do,

Thomas Petersen VS Kory Moegenburg ROUND 2 KO/TKO - WIN

Just as I thought it will be a comeback win for Thomas Peterson, it was a pretty much slow fight both fighters were really exhausted, but Thomas Petersen had stayed on Moegenburg's back he can deliver a rear naked choke but he goes for a slow ground and pounding punches, that led into a win,
Activity: 966
Merit: 755

I think on this Cage Warrior 143 event is full of no name fighters, so I'm not really focus about it. While Bellator 285 where the main event is Henderson vs Queally, Henderson was a good fighter but he's performance seems inconsistent since he's suffering many lose streak while Queally seems to be a new star on lightweight division.

The Co Main event are quite interesting since both Manhoef and Romero are already old, Romero need to warry from Manhoef punch since he's a KO artist.

legendary
Yes and there it is Dana White doesn't care for Thiago Santos anymore, while Tony Ferguson is living the dream of still staying despite his 5 consecutive losses now, he will not get any privilege like that, while Santos really has a chance in the PFL in my opinion and who knows his experience in the UFC paid off, and he might become champion in a different MMA event,
With rate of signing new fighters in UFC from Contender Series I am sure Dana will lay off much more old fighters soon.
He is not signing one or two fighters, it's usually five fighters for one week and this people need to sign contracts for more fights.
Either they are planning to have much more events around the world, or Ferguson and guys like him are waiting to get one way exit ticket.

I would never be surprised if the UFC fighters could become congested, but maybe Dana White is planning something and the UFC got a list of older fighters that may retire about a year or so because most on the contender series Dana White mostly gives a contract to 5 to 4 fighters, I think this is a good opportunity for newer MMA fighters to be listed in the UFC, but I feel like there are fighters that might not get much attention because of this,

Now I think we have a fight today on LFA and it is between two lovely ladies, The LFA 142: Amorim vs. Nichols, here are my picks

Jaqueline Amorim VS Ashley Nichols

Because of the background of Jaqueline Amorim in her Brazilian Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Ashley Nichols has expertise in Muay Thai, this could be a deadly fight for the Muay Thai Practitioner, and Jaqueline Amorim can have an advantage on the ground, maybe she will force her way to the ground game,

Thomas Petersen VS Kory Moegenburg

For me, I think that Thomas Petersen has a good advantage in winning with a KO/TKO, but Kory Moegenburg is a BJJ practitioner so there is a chance that the fight may go to the ground but as a wrestler, I think Thomas Peterson has good takedown defense, so my pick will be Thomas Petersen,

legendary
Yes and there it is Dana White doesn't care for Thiago Santos anymore, while Tony Ferguson is living the dream of still staying despite his 5 consecutive losses now, he will not get any privilege like that, while Santos really has a chance in the PFL in my opinion and who knows his experience in the UFC paid off, and he might become champion in a different MMA event,
With rate of signing new fighters in UFC from Contender Series I am sure Dana will lay off much more old fighters soon.
He is not signing one or two fighters, it's usually five fighters for one week and this people need to sign contracts for more fights.
Either they are planning to have much more events around the world, or Ferguson and guys like him are waiting to get one way exit ticket.
legendary
I am disappointed that UFC has lost Thiago Santos among light heavyweight fighters. He looked good in his last UFC fight, if not mistaken, they even got fight of the night award. He could have played role of a gate keeper or someone that can replace a fighter on a short notice. UFC light heavyweight division lack good fighters, no it has one fighter less. Light heavyweight PFL rooster isnt great either. Dunno where it is better to be... Anyway, I am glad that he has got a contract and not sitting on a bench.

Not a very great last fight on the UFC, for Thiago Santos, and his win over Johnny Walker doesn't really consider a win for me apparently Johnny Walker is also at fault in his loss, but he surely consider the advice of his corner but all I have seen is not the Johnny Walker that I know, full of feints and never the aggressive one that I used to watch, for me, Thiago Santos was just lucky I think that Johnny Walker should have won that fight,

For me, I think Thiago Santos made the right decision in leaving UFC, I think he doesn't want to be just a gate keeper he wants to push the boundaries of being a champion but if he can not get it in the UFC then it might be on the PFL,

Santos lost five from his last six fights in UFC and Dana White is not going to tolerate that unless you are Conor McGregor or someone like that Smiley
PFL might be a good option for Santos because he is not so young anymore with 38 years.

New Dana White Contender Series Week 8 is starting soon with five new fights and co-main event looks very interesting.
I didn't watch any of this fighters before but this could be one in the lifetime chance for them if they win.

legendary
UFC have a lot of heavyweight fighters, I would say more than enough, but it's not easy to find someone to defeat champions.

What about light heavyweights ? I think there are not so many in UFC right now. I would say that I see same faces when light heavyweight fight. As if light heavyweight fighters prefer to either bulk and be heavyweight, or cut a lot and be a middleweight on scales, but a LH during the fight (like Costa). But when I look on KSW card, I often see a light heavy there. Dont know there are lots of LH everywhere, but few in UFC.
legendary
Or, Santos could try his luck in Eagle FC Cheesy Khabib likes to pickup all aged UFC fighters.
Eagle FC have mostly young fighters and few UFC veterans, but they can't hire them all.

I see that you follow every or most Dana White Contender Series fights and events. Have you noticed, that since first season, the amount of light heavyweight or heavyweight, or lets just say heavy guy, has decreased? What do you think about that? The amount of big guys by nature is decreasing, or this is due to USADA ? (Because it is not that difficult to convert +/-80kg guy into 100+ freak in 2-3 years).
No I didn't notice this and I clearly remember Week 7 and weeks before had big guys in fight card.
UFC have a lot of heavyweight fighters, I would say more than enough, but it's not easy to find someone to defeat champions.

After last event new contracts awarded to five fighters Daniel Marcos, Bruna Brasil, Trevor Peek, Ikram Aliskerov and Farid Basharat.
legendary
Or, Santos could try his luck in Eagle FC Cheesy Khabib likes to pickup all aged UFC fighters.

I see that you follow every or most Dana White Contender Series fights and events. Have you noticed, that since first season, the amount of light heavyweight or heavyweight, or lets just say heavy guy, has decreased? What do you think about that? The amount of big guys by nature is decreasing, or this is due to USADA ? (Because it is not that difficult to convert +/-80kg guy into 100+ freak in 2-3 years).
legendary
I am disappointed that UFC has lost Thiago Santos among light heavyweight fighters. He looked good in his last UFC fight, if not mistaken, they even got fight of the night award.
Santos lost five from his last six fights in UFC and Dana White is not going to tolerate that unless you are Conor McGregor or someone like that Smiley
PFL might be a good option for Santos because he is not so young anymore with 38 years.

New Dana White Contender Series Week 8 is starting soon with five new fights and co-main event looks very interesting.
I didn't watch any of this fighters before but this could be one in the lifetime chance for them if they win.

legendary
I am disappointed that UFC has lost Thiago Santos among light heavyweight fighters. He looked good in his last UFC fight, if not mistaken, they even got fight of the night award. He could have played role of a gate keeper or someone that can replace a fighter on a short notice. UFC light heavyweight division lack good fighters, no it has one fighter less. Light heavyweight PFL rooster isnt great either. Dunno where it is better to be... Anyway, I am glad that he has got a contract and not sitting on a bench.
legendary
I feel a little bad for Nate Diaz.  He's got one hell of a fight coming up and his opponent is likely to smash him.  I don't hear anybody thinking Nate can win this and it's clear that he's being thrown to the wolves for wanting out of his contract so he could fight Jake Paul.  I'm excited to watch the fight and am hoping for an upset from the Stockton native (close to where I grew up), but I honestly don't think he has a chance.  I just hope he loses without taking too much damage, since the UFC is doing him dirty.

In the recent UFC 279 news because of the fiasco on the press conference backstage scuffles where Khamzat Chimaev and Kevin Holland are getting at each other's throat and some multiple MMA fighters and teams were brawling backstage, and with the weigh-ins, Chimaev purposely missed weigh that Dana White rearrange the fighter's opponent for the Main event, co-main event, and 1st fight before the co-main, is shifted by Dana White, right now Nate Diaz is fighting Tony Ferguson, Khamzat Chimaev is fighting Kevin Holland, and Li Jingliang is fighting Daniel Rodriguez, it was a crazy and 1st time that it happen on UFC, so I think Nate Diaz will now have a chance on winning against Ferguson,

Big news coming from PFL!
Ex UFC fighter Thiago Santos just signed a contract with PFL and joined their light heavyweight division.

https://www.pflmma.com/

Wow! Thiago Santos is now switching to PFL, For me, I really don't know why he switches to the PFL but maybe it has to do with his bad records in the UFC, pretty much another loss and he will now have a zebra stripe on his records but for sure he is thinking of retiring soon, but maybe he is aiming to lessen the playing field but I really don't underestimate the fighters on the PFL, it just maybe Thiago Santos will have a huge chance in winning on PFL, then continuing to the UFC,

Pages:
Jump to: