Pages:
Author

Topic: MMA Info and Predictions - Bellator, KSW, PFL, ONE... - page 45. (Read 14041 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
We have Bellator 283 this weekend.

Main card
Welterweight: Douglas Lima vs. Jason Jackson            
Lightweight: Sidney Outlaw vs. Tofiq Musayev            
Lightweight: Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Chris Gonzalez            
Welterweight: Lorenz Larkin vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov            
Heavyweight: Davion Franklin vs. Marcelo Golm            
Preliminary card (Youtube/Pluto TV)
Middleweight: Romero Cotton vs. Dalton Rosta            
Women's Flyweight: Veta Arteaga vs. Vanessa Porto            
Lightweight: Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Bobby King            
Bantamweight: Jaylon Bates vs. Mark Coates            
Welterweight: Roman Faraldo vs. Luis Iniguez
Featherweight: Kai Kamaka III vs. Akhmed Magomedov            
Welterweight: Ethan Hughes vs. Kevin Hand

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_283

I dont want to suggest you to watch whole event, but try googling Lima and Nurmagomedov fights on Sunday, maybe you will find something worth spending time while drinking morning coffee Cheesy

I like morning Coffee so much actually, but yeah this is going to be a great watch as well and it seems that there is a change to the fights you have posted, and that is the canceled bouts and the changed opponent bouts, this is why we check the TAPOLOGY site more than the wiki ones, thanks to tokeweed for the site but I got you covered,

Changed Opponents Bout
  • Patricky Pitbull vs. Sidney Outlaw - Pitbull Injury Changed to Tofiq Musayev
  • Adam Piccolotti vs. Tofiq Musayev - Musayev to Co-Main Event
  • Vladimir Tokov vs. Justin Montalvo - Tokov Withdrew Changed to Archie Colgan
  • Justin Montalvo vs. Archie Colgan - Montalvo Withdrew Changed to Bryan Nuro

Cancelled Bouts
  • Kai Kamaka III vs. Akhmed Magomedov - Magomedov Withdrew
  • Ethan Hughes vs. Kevin Hand - Unknown Reason
  • Viktor Nemkov vs. Jose Augusto Azevedo - Nemkov Injury

The Funny thing here is the Vladimir Tokov VS Justin Montalvo fight after Tokov withdrew but was changed to Justin Montalvo VS Archie Colgan then Montalvo withdrew and change the fight to Bryan Nuro, I don't know why fighters keep withdrawing from a fight because it is not indicated,
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
We have Bellator 283 this weekend.

Main card
Welterweight: Douglas Lima vs. Jason Jackson            
Lightweight: Sidney Outlaw vs. Tofiq Musayev            
Lightweight: Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Chris Gonzalez            
Welterweight: Lorenz Larkin vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov            
Heavyweight: Davion Franklin vs. Marcelo Golm            
Preliminary card (Youtube/Pluto TV)
Middleweight: Romero Cotton vs. Dalton Rosta            
Women's Flyweight: Veta Arteaga vs. Vanessa Porto            
Lightweight: Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Bobby King            
Bantamweight: Jaylon Bates vs. Mark Coates            
Welterweight: Roman Faraldo vs. Luis Iniguez
Featherweight: Kai Kamaka III vs. Akhmed Magomedov            
Welterweight: Ethan Hughes vs. Kevin Hand

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_283

I dont want to suggest you to watch whole event, but try googling Lima and Nurmagomedov fights on Sunday, maybe you will find something worth spending time while drinking morning coffee Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Well, I am not really waiting for it, but there are many fans that are still curious in seeing what may happen in their fight, but for me, I could see which will dominate and that is not Tony Ferguson, even though Khabib Nurmagomenodov is early retired, and Tony Ferguson keeps on fighting, there is no chance for him to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov, in a wrestling match,
Many people are curious because 5 times canceled, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020. if fight happens this year I'm sure there will be many sponsors and if not happen in the near future, they will be too old to continue the showtime.

Well, maybe these two are cursed to see each other inside the ring, but many are surely wishful they can have a glimpse of the Tony Ferguson VS Khabib Nurmagomedov fight that will be sponsored by someone, I am sure curious to see now, back then I am not expecting these fight but if I can see Khabib Nurmagomedov fight again why not, or even in an exhibition only match as long as these two are involved, why not but I really doubt Tony Ferguson will have a chance on Khabib on the ground because for me Khabib Nurmagomedov will just steamroll Ferguson for sure,

-snip-

Not so much bad experience just I realized it wasted a lot of my time and actually was not so helpful in finding out actual information,,, but specifically to crypto it even made me waste a lot of money, stress, time, no positive gains just a lot of wasted time. Since leaving social media my work life and personal improved a lot. I used to spend hours surfing and then got little sleep  Grin

Thank you everyone for answering my questions of course.

Well, I am just curious about your life and what really happened between you and the social media thing, I guess Social media or the internet can be bad if used wrongfully but if used in the right could bring happiness and contentment and every people has their own experience to such things it just happens that you are in a harsh spot that is al, but I am glad that you really overcome it,

Anyway, you can surely ask us about what link is very useful or can get you tons of information about a given event, fighters, and upcoming match we are glad to comply,

Both brothers Usman and Umar Nurmagomedov are direct cousins of Khabib Nurmagomedov and I think they have advantage and open doors in UFC.
Umar is already in UFC he has a perfect 15-0 record but he is currently fighting in Bantamweight division.
Usman fights in Bellator currently and he is few years younger than Makhachev, but I see nothing wrong in both of them being in same division of UFC, and let the best man win.

About Umar Nurmagomedov, I think he has potential and just like Khabib has said Umar Nurmagomedov has fast lightning kicks but if he mixed it with boxing it could be a perfect combination, and he is also well-balanced and well-rounded in his ground game aswell, I really like is kicks and just like Yair Rodriguez I think Umar Nurmagomedov can also do unusual kicks as Yair can do, but that is for him to be well rounded in some aspect,
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
the fights/duels for the upcoming ksw 72 event are now also fixed.
and with the cage fight between croatian Sara Luzar-Smajić and polish Emilia Czerwińska there will again be a female duel.

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Exactly. UFC already has Makhachev, and so far they dont need another "unbeatable guy from Dagestan that will make noise in division". I bet if or when Islam Makhachev becomes a champion, he and Khabib will try to talk and push on Dana and try to force him to sign Umar. By the time Umar joins title race, Makhachev will retire and together with Khabib, they will help Umar to become a champ. It will like a Abdulmanap legacy - 3 UFC champions out of one gym. Or this is just my fantasy Cheesy
Both brothers Usman and Umar Nurmagomedov are direct cousins of Khabib Nurmagomedov and I think they have advantage and open doors in UFC.
Umar is already in UFC he has a perfect 15-0 record but he is currently fighting in Bantamweight division.
Usman fights in Bellator currently and he is few years younger than Makhachev, but I see nothing wrong in both of them being in same division of UFC, and let the best man win.
legendary
~
For Bellator 283 that is coming next weekend Usman Nurmagomedov finally got strong opponent Chris Gonzalez like he asked.
Nurmagomedov has perfect 14-0 record and I am sure he can be in fight for the tile of Lighweight division in Bellator.
It's strange that Dana White didn't snatch him to UFC already.
Chris Gonzalez is a really strong opponent and will be a challenge in the feet as he finished his last opponent with strikes and has a background in wrestling and hence it will be an interesting fight. The reason Usman Nurmagomedov did not sign with the UFC is because he fights in 155 pound division and they have Islam Makhachev coming up the ranks in the 155 pound division and to avoid that clash they took the wise decision to join Bellator and hopefully later in his career once Islam Makhachev retires he will make his debut in the UFC.

Exactly. UFC already has Makhachev, and so far they dont need another "unbeatable guy from Dagestan that will make noise in division". I bet if or when Islam Makhachev becomes a champion, he and Khabib will try to talk and push on Dana and try to force him to sign Umar. By the time Umar joins title race, Makhachev will retire and together with Khabib, they will help Umar to become a champ. It will like a Abdulmanap legacy - 3 UFC champions out of one gym. Or this is just my fantasy Cheesy
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
~
For Bellator 283 that is coming next weekend Usman Nurmagomedov finally got strong opponent Chris Gonzalez like he asked.
Nurmagomedov has perfect 14-0 record and I am sure he can be in fight for the tile of Lighweight division in Bellator.
Chris Gonzalez is a really strong opponent and will be a challenge in the feet as he finished his last opponent with strikes and has a background in wrestling and hence it will be an interesting fight. The reason Usman Nurmagomedov did not sign with the UFC is because he fights in 155 pound division and they have Islam Makhachev coming up the ranks in the 155 pound division and to avoid that clash they took the wise decision to join Bellator and hopefully later in his career once Islam Makhachev retires he will make his debut in the UFC.
legendary
Big news are coming for MMA in next months, PFL is preparing their big Europe debut in 2023, but warmups for this will be next month with two playoff events.
First qualifier fights will be in Cardiff on August 13 and second in London on August 20.

legendary
When I was a kid, I had a VHS cassette with MMA fight. I am not sure that it was exactly UFC fight, but I remember some skinny guy in kimono was trying to choke much bigger guy. Both of them were lying on the canvas. Big guy was lying on a skinny guy and trying to crush him, while skinny was in a weird position for choking, yet still trying to do it. Big guy had huge neck, skinny guy small hand and had not enough strength to put enough pressure on a neck Cheesy They lied down like this for 15 or 20 minutes, doing little action. Sort of 2 men sleeping one on other in the ring Cheesy In the end small guy managed to choke big guy.

That was hell of a boring fight. I would give "-10" points of entertainment on the scale of 0 to 10. If I was a spectator of this fight in the venue, I would have called for a refund. I am so glad MMA fight now have time limits and ref can give yellow cards for no action and put both fighter in stance fighting for no activity in parter.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Still, I would like to see him get one more big fight, maybe with different rules like last man standing submission/KO only. Do they have such events?

I think nowadays all the MMA fights are 3*5min or 5*5min with standard rules. Back in the beginning of 2000, and outside the US (first UFC events has sort of a 30 or 35min rounds), there were MMA tournaments, when fighters needed to win 3 fight during one evening to take the prize. Or in Japan there were MMA fights with rules, when no ground game is allowed in first round, and starting from second round you can fight what ever you want (I think if was made to make fights last longer and be more entertaining).

I think that must have been when I first started watching because I do somehow have a memory of those fights taking a lot of time and lasting much much longer. But I think the modern version is more fun, faster as a result and no protection on those who like to take the fights longer,,, though at the same time you do miss sitting down and watching a very long fight.

Thank you for all your answers and help everyone,,, much appreciated.
legendary
Still, I would like to see him get one more big fight, maybe with different rules like last man standing submission/KO only. Do they have such events?

I think nowadays all the MMA fights are 3*5min or 5*5min with standard rules. Back in the beginning of 2000, and outside the US (first UFC events has sort of a 30 or 35min rounds), there were MMA tournaments, when fighters needed to win 3 fight during one evening to take the prize. Or in Japan there were MMA fights with rules, when no ground game is allowed in first round, and starting from second round you can fight what ever you want (I think if was made to make fights last longer and be more entertaining).
Temporary forum vacation
Nicer?! Anyone can pretend to be nice.
Check out his twitter account and all the stupid things he is saying all the time when he gets drunk or on drugs.
Back to his fighting skills, he lost most of his recent fights, except win against washed up old Donald Cerrone who has even worse record and he is now retired.

Haha ya ok I took a quick look and he writes like a teenager who wants attention,,, but I bet you most of those tweets are not even done by himself but by his social account manager. That is how it works these days right?

legendary
Anyway, I also think he has become 'nicer' than before, but that is my new impression!
Nicer?! Anyone can pretend to be nice.
Check out his twitter account and all the stupid things he is saying all the time when he gets drunk or on drugs.
Back to his fighting skills, he lost most of his recent fights, except win against washed up old Donald Cerrone who has even worse record and he is now retired.

This is just business Smiley
I never saw any other 'businessman' in MMA that is disrespecting other human being and all of his family members, dead and alive.
I don't know if he is good or bad, but I know he acts like lowlife drunk junky all the time.

Interesting all Brazillian LFA 136 event Rio de Janeiro vs São Paulo is starting in few days, and maybe some new youngfighter will appear.
If you have UFC Fight Pass you can watch this event live.

https://www.lfa.com/
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
^  I remember there was a time when McGregor was still doing well at 145, he was somewhat all praise for Khabib who was just a prospect at the time.  He even predicted that Khabib would become a champ at 155 one day, which he did.  But little did we know it was going to be those two having a bitter rivalry.  And that's an understatement.  It's an all out war between those two camps until now.

Anyway here are a couple of events outside the UFC that could be worth keeping an eye on.

ONE Championship 159:  De Ridder vs. Bigdash
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/89781-one-championship-159

Bellator 283:  Lima vs. Jackson
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/89188-bellator-mma
legendary
You got your point. My point was - for example the roots of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor conflict has started in twitter; from Artem Lobov posting shit about Khabib and Co. All the trash that McGregor was punished for has started in twitter. It was not because two fighters gonna fight and both showed on cameras how they hate each other. As MMA and UFC is more about entertainment, trash and promotion then fights, following fighters twitter accounts is like an addition to sport. Like a "directors cut" or "extra scenes" on DVD with a movie, if we draw parallels between MMA and movies.
Lol I'll never forget with McGregor trash talk to Khabib during their hype before the fight, McGregor even making a joke about Khabib's father who have been passed away, it doesn't good to make a joke for a person who passed away, but if you view in different perspective it's actually funny. McGregor even met Khabib on Las Vegas and become a friend, even it's doesn't last longer.

However McGregor is already become more good person after his lose against Khabib, I think he already learn and built his good character to become better person.

Your post is totally wrong my friend Cheesy

McGregor made jokes about Khabibs father, while he was still alive. But when Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov passed away from covid, McGregor has send his condolences. McGregor made fun not only of Khabibs father, but also his wife. Because Muslim women cover their faces, he has told that Khabib is married to a blanket or a rug. He has even made fun out of Muslim nation...

Khabib and McGregor were never friends. When Khabib only joined UFC and McGregor was already a star there, Khabib made a picture with Conor. That is it.

Dont know where you have noticed McGregor becoming a good person. He is always using trashtalk to get into opponents head. Cant say that he is a bad person either. This is just business Smiley
Temporary forum vacation
You got your point. My point was - for example the roots of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor conflict has started in twitter; from Artem Lobov posting shit about Khabib and Co. All the trash that McGregor was punished for has started in twitter. It was not because two fighters gonna fight and both showed on cameras how they hate each other. As MMA and UFC is more about entertainment, trash and promotion then fights, following fighters twitter accounts is like an addition to sport. Like a "directors cut" or "extra scenes" on DVD with a movie, if we draw parallels between MMA and movies.

I like this analogy  Cheesy Someone told me also if you watch the kickboxing fights in our neighboring countries, the fights themselves last 10 to 15 minutes each, and that's half of that avoiding and moving around. But the 1-2 hours before is all about extended version, smaller fights non official, and both supporters talking shit and getting drunk!

So I get it Smiley

No he didn't become any better, drinking all the time he is the same lowlife like before, but nobody cares about him anymore.
There are some talks he is directly connected with mafia cartel in Ireland, and he made some stupid tweets when Khabib was introduced in UFC Hall of Fame.

I think the Irish cartel thing is farfetched,,, basically anyone who made it out of some countries generations ago (Italy, Ireland, Hong Kong are some examples) of course have someone in the family who paid cartel services to help them move. It does not make them linked.

Anyway, I also think he has become 'nicer' than before, but that is my new impression!
legendary
I think this fight was clash of two opposite thinking-living, and UFC with Dana White just used their argument to pump it and promote it like crazy, earning a lot of money for all participants.
Both Khabib and McGregor truly disliked each other but it grow into big hate in later stages, but Khabib showed to be a bigger man, he retired on top and he kept respect from all MMA community.
McGregor is now just washed away average fighter that only earns money from fights only based on fights before Khabib, he has no more passion and he looks slower and weaker.

However McGregor is already become more good person after his lose against Khabib, I think he already learn and built his good character to become better person.
No he didn't become any better, drinking all the time he is the same lowlife like before, but nobody cares about him anymore.
There are some talks he is directly connected with mafia cartel in Ireland, and he made some stupid tweets when Khabib was introduced in UFC Hall of Fame.
Activity: 966
Merit: 755
Lol I'll never forget with McGregor trash talk to Khabib during their hype before the fight, McGregor even making a joke about Khabib's father who have been passed away, it doesn't good to make a joke for a person who passed away, but if you view in different perspective it's actually funny. McGregor even met Khabib on Las Vegas and become a friend, even it's doesn't last longer.

legendary
I suggest to create a twitter account, find some popular fighters, follow them and fighters they follow. Sometimes it is more fun to watch two adults throwing poop on each other during months, then watch one of them being KOed in first round Cheesy

I do not find that kind of thing entertaining,,,

Temporary forum vacation
I am doing that aswell to my social media accounts but maybe leea-1334 has a bad experience in using social media, for me, I think to create a new account and be unanimous this time, so even if someone would bash you online, or say something or commented hurtful things all you need to do is ignore, and from that because Social media is really a good source of news and even though it is rumors, I think it is a good topic for the community, and you can also ask or talk to the community and I think there will be many members that will surely engage, you with what they think,

Not so much bad experience just I realized it wasted a lot of my time and actually was not so helpful in finding out actual information,,, but specifically to crypto it even made me waste a lot of money, stress, time, no positive gains just a lot of wasted time. Since leaving social media my work life and personal improved a lot. I used to spend hours surfing and then got little sleep  Grin

Thank you everyone for answering my questions of course.

I suggest to create a twitter account, find some popular fighters, follow them and fighters they follow. Sometimes it is more fun to watch two adults throwing poop on each other during months, then watch one of them being KOed in first round Cheesy

I do not find that kind of thing entertaining,,, there is even more nonsense maybe for football which I watch and follow but the most I do is watch some viral meme sometimes if it is really funny or someone I like. I guess I see the team more than the individual but of course for MMA it is way different. I wonder if there are clicks that fighters are part of?
Pages:
Jump to: