Pages:
Author

Topic: mmpool.org - 1.5% fee DGM/PPS - tx fees/vardiff/merge mine/tor - page 15. (Read 361684 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 16
Well crap...too late now my second BTC order is just about done.  I pretty much broke even.  Is it even possible to hit a block with an S7 anymore?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
ok, so for now all I can do is let it continue until it finishes?
Keep an eye on the current Delta value of the order. If it is higher than 2 % then you lose money because of frequently rejected bridges (caused by the Difficulty issue). In this case you better delete the order, and don't create new orders before mmpool finds a fix. Deleting an order automatically gets you a refund for the unused BTC amount of that order.
ok, so for now all I can do is let it continue until it finishes?

New min difficulty should be >= 262144
Is the mmpool server located in the US or Europe?
Don't worry about location. In the past I've found blocks for mmpool via both US as well as Europe orders.

I created a mining order on nicehash and it keeps dying saying "pool difficulty too low".
Same problem here. Nicehash frequently change the starting and/or working difficulty, therefore:
@mmpool, is there a chance we get a parameter "initial difficulty" or similar? We need a solution for a reliable nh compatibility. On the other hand we don't want to exclude the small miners and hardware owners who need lower Difficulty values.
Alternatively, see philipma1957's idea (2 mining addresses).
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I created a mining order on nicehash and it keeps dying saying "pool difficulty too low".  How do I fix this issue?

Order # 4667267

pool op needs to up  the diff he uses
better yet  just give use 2 mining address one for under 10th and one for over 10th
I created a mining order on nicehash and it keeps dying saying "pool difficulty too low".  How do I fix this issue?

Order # 4667267

legendary
run  a lot at the pool tonight please

nicehash is at .2766 for europe

pop 10p for a bit please.

I think you will hit one.
Hmm, what makes you believe that I'll find another one just by running 10P for a few hours? I can try though. 0.2760 is indeed lower than the current break-even price.

BTW, it seems the Difficulty problems are solved now. Even a small 0.05 order starts working instantly. 0.05 causes a lot of friction, though. Which is a result of nh's distribution algo, I think. 0.25 PH/s is probably the lowest hashrate that works efficiently.

P.S.: Still not one single mmpool block on the Namecoin blockchain in sight ...  Cry

I had a friend back in the 70s he was lucky like you.

That's why I think you would hit a quick block.

Hmm, what makes you believe that I'll find another one just by running 10P for a few hours? I can try though. 0.2760 is indeed lower than the current break-even price.

BTW, it seems the Difficulty problems are solved now. Even a small 0.05 order starts working instantly. 0.05 causes a lot of friction, though. Which is a result of nh's distribution algo, I think. 0.25 PH/s is probably the lowest hashrate that works efficiently.

P.S.: Still not one single mmpool block on the Namecoin blockchain in sight ...  Cry
legendary
Block 484629 was found by a5d78fff earning them an additional 1.75135770 BTC from the transactions fees for the block. Coins are now available for withdrawal.

thanks

my account has been paid. I am awaiting confirms

I now have a confirm.

I just collected 1673 usd

And of course missed the tx fees again.

@ cassini  

good I see you are pushing the hash up thanks.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Block 484629 was found by a5d78fff earning them an additional 1.75135770 BTC from the transactions fees for the block. Coins are now available for withdrawal.
legendary
https://blockchain.info/block-height/484629

1.7 in fees

I was not mining anything heavy duty  at the time so it most likely was someone else.

So min difficulty requires is 65535? I can set it to that if that's the solution.
I've restarted the pool with difficulty set to a min of 65536.
Looks like the fix has solved the main issue but there is still a minor incompatibility problem. nh frequently tries to establish additional bridges and occasionally fails to get it over the "min. working difficulty" of 65535. We still have to pay for the failed connections. According to the Order Details page the Delta value is between -1 % and -3 % all the time (Delta: "difference between measured pool speed and paying speed.")
So min difficulty requires is 65535? I can set it to that if that's the solution.

In other news, block found! It is being processed and payout will occur soon.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
legendary
@mmpool
So far the fix seems to have worked.
Looks like the fix has solved the main issue but there is still a minor incompatibility problem. nh frequently tries to establish additional bridges and occasionally fails to get it over the "min. working difficulty" of 65535. We still have to pay for the failed connections. According to the Order Details page the Delta value is between -1 % and -3 % all the time (Delta: "difference between measured pool speed and paying speed.")

Meanwhile I had opened a ticket at nh. The response was as follows:
... Minimal difficulty is enough so the order is alive, but as soon as it gets some miners, pool needs to reach working difficulty or above. If not, the order will be disconnected. We suggest to simply use pools that never use difficulty below 65536 and you will not have issues with that.

Furthermore, the Pool Verificator at https://old.nicehash.com/poolver.jsp?a=1&l=0
comes up with:
Code:
Received mining.set_difficulty... OK: difficulty=16384
Warning: Selected pool did not request min or higher working diff: 65535

I get this  using usa server   so  does a diff setting of 66000 fix it?

@mmpool

Meanwhile I had opened a ticket at nh. The response was as follows:
... Minimal difficulty is enough so the order is alive, but as soon as it gets some miners, pool needs to reach working difficulty or above. If not, the order will be disconnected. We suggest to simply use pools that never use difficulty below 65536 and you will not have issues with that.

Furthermore, the Pool Verificator at https://old.nicehash.com/poolver.jsp?a=1&l=0
comes up with:
Code:
Received mining.set_difficulty... OK: difficulty=16384
Warning: Selected pool did not request min or higher working diff: 65535
small question about the payout specs.  I just have a small antminer aimed there which barely got under the
payout threshold last block.  I noticed my payout was a bit more than the DGM that I had earned, and was wondering
why.  Is that because of the shares paying out some TX amount?
The DGM shown in the user stats is an estimate. It probably underestimated in your case and at the time of the block solve you were entitled to more of a share.
Activity: 95
small question about the payout specs.  I just have a small antminer aimed there which barely got under the
payout threshold last block.  I noticed my payout was a bit more than the DGM that I had earned, and was wondering
why.  Is that because of the shares paying out some TX amount?
legendary
nh have changed the minimum difficulty to 2^14-1.
I've changed the pools initial difficulty to be 2^14. That should hopefully resolve the issue with nicehash.

@ cassini  it is good that you mentioned the problem

@mmpool

I see the order below  is staying active.

nh have changed the minimum difficulty to 2^14-1.
I've changed the pools initial difficulty to be 2^14. That should hopefully resolve the issue with nicehash.
Pages:
Jump to: