Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 23. (Read 50244 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
August 09, 2014, 11:18:00 AM
Hi folks, check out my idea for twitter petitioning Cryptsy on Monero (XMR)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitioning-cryptsy-btc-e-and-others-for-moneroxmr-731365
Cryptsy administration use common sense not ignorance. They will accept Monero only if it become official and popular.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2014, 11:04:26 AM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitioning-cryptsy-btc-e-and-others-for-moneroxmr-731365
Funny that huge and profitable alternative currency like XMR need for twitter reposting to say "Hello World!"

It's just an idea, it certainly wouldn't hurt our cause and could prove the strength of our community to the site.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 09, 2014, 11:02:41 AM

Funny that huge and profitable alternative currency like XMR need for twitter reposting to say "Hello World!"
legendary
Activity: 1218
August 09, 2014, 10:57:52 AM

Activity: 12
August 09, 2014, 10:54:08 AM
For those who say that no one should compare XMR with anything else - you are right! Let me shake your hands!
Oh sir! Hope someday I will shake your hand but until that time I must to say that there is nothing better then Monero.
August 09, 2014, 10:39:18 AM
For those who say that no one should compare XMR with anything else - you are right! Let me shake your hands!
Activity: 14
August 09, 2014, 10:23:27 AM
What you guys think about the rest of cryptonote coins?
There are no other cryptonote coins in this topic because Monero is the best!
Monero is so amazing that there is no reason to compare it!
August 09, 2014, 10:12:21 AM
There are no other cryptonote coins in this topic because Monero is the best!
Activity: 13
August 09, 2014, 09:50:10 AM
I'm speculating I will continue to remain correct and Monero will continue to fall like gentle pee on your heads.

Should have invested in a coin that was meant to be used for the long-haul and not just as a high-risk investment vehicle.

I haven't been following recently, why do you think that Monero will continue to fall?
I have no idea how Monero can fall! It is impossible. Monero is the best!!!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 09, 2014, 08:56:50 AM
I'm speculating I will continue to remain correct and Monero will continue to fall like gentle pee on your heads.

Should have invested in a coin that was meant to be used for the long-haul and not just as a high-risk investment vehicle.

I haven't been following recently, why do you think that Monero will continue to fall?

It's a very strong coin, and it could easily replace litecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 09, 2014, 08:49:42 AM
So are the 0.01 days over? Any chance they'll return?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 09, 2014, 05:04:46 AM
In my books, at this point in the development of Monero the trend in market capitalization, is way more significant than the trend in price, as an indicator of the growth and acceptance of the currency. We could see price move sideways or even slightly downward while there is very significant growth simply because of the emission rate.

Good point. I've tried to make a metric that combines the price (aka final market cap) and current market cap metrics into one. Something like:

the cap of all the coins that have been mined + all future coins discounted to the present using a X% APR discount rate

If parameter X is reasonable, this should theoretically be the best metric, as both the current number of coins and the eventual number (probably infinite) have their biases.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
August 08, 2014, 10:21:40 PM
In my books, at this point in the development of Monero the trend in market capitalization, is way more significant than the trend in price, as an indicator of the growth and acceptance of the currency. We could see price move sideways or even slightly downward while there is very significant growth simply because of the emission rate.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 08, 2014, 07:46:02 PM
The trendline is negative, not positive.

This is not actually true, even though I also intuitively felt like that before doing the numbers.

The trendline that best fits the data of Monero's all time daily volume weighted average prices, is as follows:

power:
y = 4,991x^1,012
R² = 0,79428
trendline price = 0.0059

Other candidates for trendline have lower R² values but show nevertheless also a strong growth trend.

exponential:
y = 53,351e0,0253x
R² = 0,58939
trendline price = 0.0088

linear:
y = 4,0295x + 88,437
R² = 0,47038
trendline price = 0.0054
Activity: 56
August 08, 2014, 06:04:29 PM
not gonna make any predictions that involve pee Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1105
August 08, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

How about this?

If Monero fails this year (goes below 0.001 BTC), I will pee on my own head and send you a photo.

If Monero reaches 0.02 BTC this year, you must pee on your head and show us.

Love it. You're on Mr. Hussein! Mark my words, this will be the mother of all bets...

What about the (rather likely) case where it does neither of those things? I want someone embarrassing themselves somehow!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
August 08, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

How about this?

If Monero fails this year (goes below 0.001 BTC), I will pee on my own head and send you a photo.

Love it. You're on Mr. Hussein! Mark my words, this will be the mother of all bets...

That's a bad bet nutildah, lol. There are whales that can move even bitcoin's market by several hundred $. Since monero is a up and coming cryptocurrency(not yet at bitcoin's level), someone with a few hundred k can move the price to 0.05 btc today if they wanted.
Activity: 56
August 08, 2014, 05:29:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 08, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

How about this?

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
August 08, 2014, 05:16:51 PM

How about this?

Pages:
Jump to: