Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 24. (Read 50244 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 08, 2014, 04:46:34 PM
I'm speculating I will continue to remain correct and Monero will continue to fall like gentle pee on your heads.

Should have invested in a coin that was meant to be used for the long-haul and not just as a high-risk investment vehicle.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 06, 2014, 09:58:13 PM
I've got some I bought under that price.

I've also got some I bought over that price.

I don't have ANY I am willing to sell at that price.  

(But that is pretty funny...Leet bids?)
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
August 06, 2014, 09:54:37 PM
**i am pretty confident that we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.**
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
August 06, 2014, 09:45:22 PM
Since those bids were place 40 minutes ago not one trade has happened and no more bids placed above it or on the sell side.  Standoff!!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 520
August 06, 2014, 09:37:18 PM
Ha! 1337-Bids, I'm amused.

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
August 06, 2014, 07:52:23 AM
I just got a new convert.  A rates trader at Metlife took a few thousand from me as a tail hedge.  A miniscule position, but I suspect he will become a repeat customer and tell his friends.

I will be meeting with an fx option market maker later, and a hedge fund manager when we can work out a mutual time.  Also looking into contacts with a rather largish fixed income fund for meetups the next time I hit nyc.

So far I have made at least 8 monerists of potential size by p2p networking (counting Risto, who I solicited and supplied with a bootstrap allocation, but not counting any other btct or crypt regulars who I may have stimulated to investigate).

One thing I notice is that they fall in two buckets: 1. People who know me, respect my opinion and defer to it, rely upon it, and 2. very intelligent people who can understand the compellingness of the case I present, financially expert professionals, who recognize that XMR fills a gaping hole in their portfolio strategy.  The ming- cost / mining-reward trend plays a role in their new views, but I am careful to observe the inferrential limitations of this statistic.

I might line up a presentation on monero at one or more btc nyc meetups or at the nyc bitcoin center.  Not by me, but by a friend who is better suited to the task.

In future I may line up some seminar groups in London, Hong Kong, and or Shanghai.

Oh and I will be having beers tomorrow after work with an SVP from Two Sigma.  XMR will not be neglected.

Like Mr. Blankfein, I feel I am doing God' s work.

That's really great. It dispels all doubts and strengthens the belief!
Activity: 364
August 06, 2014, 05:12:34 AM
Transferred XMR from bter to Polo because of better trade volume but forgot payment ID... What the hell... Hope it can be retrieved by Polo. Just got into XMR but this crap doesn't make me happy  Angry Guess it's my own fault but it's quit confusing that all crypto's transfer in the same manner except for CN coins which apparently need a payment ID.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
August 06, 2014, 01:11:17 AM
I just got a new convert.  A rates trader at Metlife took a few thousand from me as a tail hedge.  A miniscule position, but I suspect he will become a repeat customer and tell his friends.

I will be meeting with an fx option market maker later, and a hedge fund manager when we can work out a mutual time.  Also looking into contacts with a rather largish fixed income fund for meetups the next time I hit nyc.

So far I have made at least 8 monerists of potential size by p2p networking (counting Risto, who I solicited and supplied with a bootstrap allocation, but not counting any other btct or crypt regulars who I may have stimulated to investigate).

One thing I notice is that they fall in two buckets: 1. People who know me, respect my opinion and defer to it, rely upon it, and 2. very intelligent people who can understand the compellingness of the case I present, financially expert professionals, who recognize that XMR fills a gaping hole in their portfolio strategy.  The ming- cost / mining-reward trend plays a role in their new views, but I am careful to observe the inferrential limitations of this statistic.

I might line up a presentation on monero at one or more btc nyc meetups or at the nyc bitcoin center.  Not by me, but by a friend who is better suited to the task.

In future I may line up some seminar groups in London, Hong Kong, and or Shanghai.

Oh and I will be having beers tomorrow after work with an SVP from Two Sigma.  XMR will not be neglected.

Like Mr. Blankfein, I feel I am doing God' s work.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
August 05, 2014, 09:52:58 PM
Every day that Monero is under Darkcoin is a day that gives you an opportunity to buy cheap coins.

What if one doesn't have Bitcoin with which to buy?

the feeling that you get when buying XMR with DRK is amazing.

Sounds more like heroine ;-)

the ups and downs that cryptocurrency provides is much like hardcore drugs - riding high on a rally then the harsh comedown after. nothing else comes close.

with that i say, brothers let us not be discouraged with this recent dump. we are the pioneers building a new economy here.

I had a momentary negative feeling when it started going down but then all was calm.  I did however miss the bottom as my bid was 0.000008 too low.
Someone just but a 23 btc buy at 365.

I must add heroine to my health care proxy.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
August 05, 2014, 09:26:23 PM
Every day that Monero is under Darkcoin is a day that gives you an opportunity to buy cheap coins.

the ups and downs that cryptocurrency provides is much like hardcore drugs - riding high on a rally then the harsh comedown after. nothing else comes close.

with that i say, brothers let us not be discouraged with this recent dump. we are the pioneers building a new economy here.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 05, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 05, 2014, 07:12:03 PM
Even with a full-orchestra of pumpers, nonstop advertising on this website and now a whole array of XMR-backed trading pairs on its official homepage (Poloniex), Monero's still been going down in value for the last month and a half..

The trendline is negative, not positive.

But great job XMR whales, this is the best-conceived scam I've seen so far.

I have to tip my hat to you. Getting XMR trade pairs on Poloniex was brilliant maneuvering.
legendary
August 05, 2014, 07:08:54 PM

Hmmm, where would one go about doing that? (keeping in mind there's none for sale at Polo) Tongue

If you made a bid, they might come.

Otherwise, OTC.  #monero-otc on freenode.net
legendary
August 05, 2014, 07:07:55 PM
XMR price attractor is 2.5% higher today than it was yesterday.  Not sure what price it is attracted to, but on average, that number, whatever it is, is going up 2.5% daily.

I may be honestly wrong (luckily it's not my demise because I am too big to heed to my own advice) but that sounds like witchcraft to me..

VWAP is probably the best estimator of the current attractor.  Or maybe a lagged EMA of VWAP.  Does that make it sound more like science?  I was using language from chaos theory.  An attractor is a region of phase space to which a chaotic trajectory asymptotes.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 07:07:15 PM

Hmmm, where would one go about doing that? (keeping in mind there's none for sale at Polo) Tongue
legendary
August 05, 2014, 07:05:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Activity: 322
August 05, 2014, 01:56:37 PM
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 05, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
XMR price attractor is 2.5% higher today than it was yesterday.  Not sure what price it is attracted to, but on average, that number, whatever it is, is going up 2.5% daily.

I may be honestly wrong (luckily it's not my demise because I am too big to heed to my own advice) but that sounds like witchcraft to me..
Pages:
Jump to: