Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 31. (Read 50244 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 04:28:35 PM
Just realized how much potential this altcoin really have.
I am buying in large sums right now.

Been buying like crazy when it was on the 20-ish lows, they called me crazy.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
July 24, 2014, 04:15:52 PM
I sold some in the past couple days because I was at 1000:1 ratio. Now I'm around 400:1. I'd love to buy more at 0.0035 or less.

I expect the downtrend will now continue until everyone decides it has gone far enough and immense buying will ensue. If the pattern continues, the next rally will happen around August 20th 2014.

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
July 24, 2014, 12:21:54 PM
Bitcoin seems to be locked in downtrend, that could last for weeks. That could make Monero extremely attractive as a hedge.
Already seen it today. Monero holding up very good.
Wouldn't be suprise to see another run up to 0.015-0.020 in a few days.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 24, 2014, 12:13:36 PM
Will the support hold?

I'm holding long term, the ones selling are called weak hands and I'm sure they will buy back at loss later  Smiley

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
July 24, 2014, 11:13:08 AM
Bitcoin seems to be locked in downtrend, that could last for weeks. That could make Monero extremely attractive as a hedge.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2014, 11:08:50 AM
Will the support hold?

Same situation with the last time you posted a support line, the market is far too immature.

That being said there are alot of people looking to buy in and the sell pressure isn't really increasing its just random dumps and people not bidding and letting their buy be filled. The dumpers run out of coins and we move back up. This is a very fair range to be in anyway.

I agree that the market is very erratic, but people DO look at charts (otherwise, there would be no nood for publishing the charts).
Some of theose patters are important... Self fulfilling prophecy Wink

edit: if we go below 4 mBTC, i'll buy some more

I agree that people look at charts and TA is mostly a self fulfilling prophecy however most people at these early stages are just buying as many as they can really, there's not too much day trading going on due to the lack of real liquidity and lack of historic data, the best you can really do is ride the waves Wink

I think that there is more daytrading than you might expect...
Tell me that this is "just coincidence":

Lets let the third bottom really be a bottom before we start saying things like that Wink

All thats important in under 0.004 is a general buy zone for a lot of people.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
July 24, 2014, 10:51:52 AM
Anything can happen Smiley

Even if it goes to 0.00365, the uptrend is not violated. There are lots of people who capped the rally at 0.0058 by selling coins and many of them want to buy back. Also there are new buyers willing to enter. Potentially massive buyers.

On the other hand, many current owners are so maxxed out it's not even funny. Like 1000:1 xmr:btc. There was some exuberance when it was rising and that will be quenched. The miners' selling is pressuring the price. The coin is still useless and nothing interesting is about to come from the devs in at least a month. Technically it looks horrible with lower highs. All we need is the post-top second low of 0.00408 to be broken so we will break the first low of 0.00395 also, and then dip to 0.00365 fibonacci zone and staring into the abyss.

I don't believe for a second that we dip to 0.002xx again, there are wealthy buyers to compete with each other preventing it. But 0.003xx is now very close. (I have needed to admit the facts after burning money at ~0.005.)

We are likely talking about a longish decline though, just like the last time. It will be reinforcing itself cause the speculators also gradually throw in their towels.

To change this gloomy outlook, the following must happen:
- 0.00426 to hold
- asks below 0.006 to fall below BTC100 (now: BTC227)
- sustained breakout from the double top Smiley

Fat chance Sad

Monero is a good coin. Buy and hold long term.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
July 24, 2014, 10:12:37 AM

I am daytrading for days now to get back some XMR i lost from daytrading Tongue

What's a good time to buy XMR? Like now? Can I wait for it to dip to 0.003 ~ 0.004 or less..

I think that it will be difficult to go under 0.004 but it may happen. I dont believe it will ever reach 0.0035 again but if this happens it will be in the next like 10 days...

I would be buying anything under 0.0042 for now.

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 10:10:07 AM
What's a good time to buy XMR? Like now? Can I wait for it to dip to 0.003 ~ 0.004 or less..
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
July 24, 2014, 09:54:20 AM
Will the support hold?

Same situation with the last time you posted a support line, the market is far too immature.

That being said there are alot of people looking to buy in and the sell pressure isn't really increasing its just random dumps and people not bidding and letting their buy be filled. The dumpers run out of coins and we move back up. This is a very fair range to be in anyway.

I agree that the market is very erratic, but people DO look at charts (otherwise, there would be no nood for publishing the charts).

I agree that people look at charts and TA is mostly a self fulfilling prophecy however most people at these early stages are just buying as many as they can really, there's not too much day trading going on due to the lack of real liquidity and lack of historic data, the best you can really do is ride the waves Wink

I think that there is more daytrading than you might expect...
Tell me that this is "just coincidence":
July 24, 2014, 07:31:01 AM
Will the support hold?

legendary
July 24, 2014, 07:25:57 AM
Will the support hold?

July 24, 2014, 07:21:33 AM
Will the support hold?

legendary
July 24, 2014, 07:16:03 AM
Will the support hold?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 22, 2014, 12:37:14 AM

Way to go!

I wish I had more fiat and/or BTC to buy more at the moment  Sad

So your thoughts on short term. Buy sell or HODL?

Short term [next 5-7 days]: HOLD

Mid Term [next 2-3 weeks]: HOLD

Long Term [next 3-4 months]: HOLD

A little improvement to your suggestions:

Short term [next 5-7 days]: buy buy buy and HOLD

Mid Term [next 2-3 weeks]: buy buy buy and HOLD

Long Term [next 3-4 months]: buy buy buy and HOLD

Disclaimer: As always never buy more than you can afford to lose and try not to buy at the top of an unsustainable rally Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
July 22, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

Short term [next 5-7 days]: HOLD

Mid Term [next 2-3 weeks]: HOLD

Long Term [next 3-4 months]: HOLD
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
July 21, 2014, 10:58:22 PM
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 21, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

Dump and buy cheaper  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
July 21, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
legendary
Merit: 1007
July 20, 2014, 10:15:47 AM

...poloniex interfact has a strange way of defining the fib levels (from what I can tell: it's turned around for the current view of the entire history). calculating it by hand...

I think you are going to be grateful for this link (same UI as tradingview) Wink

https://cryptrader.com/charts/poloniex/xmr/btc

*sniff*

Thank you, kind stranger. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: