Pages:
Author

Topic: Money above all things, Yes or no ? - page 51. (Read 23837 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 146
August 01, 2017, 11:45:49 AM
Money is essential, it is needed for you to live and it makes the world go around but I don't think that money is everything. Sure enough, you would need money to get around but there's more to life than that. Just take a look at some of the billionaires who have huge amounts of money yet they are not satisfied with their lives. Definitely,
money can get you a lot of things but is not everything.

It's sad to see how money gets to most people and has brought about greediness. Like what OP said, some people have given too much focus on money to the point where they lose values towards other things such as religion and respect.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 01, 2017, 11:13:03 AM
Money is good to aspire for because with money, you can do everything but its also one of the things that have caused the increase in social menace in the society in most part of the world with several people especially in third world countries and developing countries doing every means necessary to get rich. Some will burgle, others will engage in armed robbery which might lead to killing of innocent lives, others will engage in online fraud among other immorality just because of money. For me, I love to have money but not by all means necessary.

I guess that's too much if having money for that kind of strategy of engaging with crimes such as humiliating other people just for their personal intentions to generate easy money by their wrong doings. You're right in a sense that money making will be rewarding if we really take it by means of working so hard from online micro jobs like in partcipating campaigns, trading investments and other digital currency businesses related financial establishment. It can be in other ways like having passive income through business from fiat currency.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community
August 01, 2017, 11:08:50 AM
Money is a surething ware  for every living person but for me money comes in secondary needs after god.
The reason why dishonesty has became common in this world is forgetting our god to worship.
We must pray our god before hanging ourselves in money.

Fact! Money is just a simple paper who feed starving stomach but it doesnt it should be above God, love , reapect and even the law, its just one of the brainchild of humanity in the past centuries for trading industry and colonialism strategies but to be the center of our lives? It shouldn't be.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
August 01, 2017, 10:36:55 AM
Definitely my answer is No. Money is not above all things. I believe that money is a fruit of evil. I mean lack of money is a fruit of all evils. But money can't buy happiness.
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
August 01, 2017, 10:29:17 AM
I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?

Dear OP, I'm a firm believer that money is nothing but a tool. People act the way they do not because of money itself but what it allows them to do. If you would have been generous but was a cheapskate when you were poor, becoming rich might bring out your generosity. If you've always been stingy, not all the richness in the world will make you generous.

Same with those kids you are talking about not respecting their old folks. They could have acted that way before but because of financial dependence on the elders, didn't. A truly dutiful son or daughter would be caring and respectful whatever station in life they are in.

You're on a forum that deals with money, so what do you expect?   And aside from the Muslim population,  there are probably more atheists than theists around here.  Just based on what I've seen.

Hell yes I'd rather be earning money rather than going to church.

Other than that, no, it's not the primary purpose of my life.   Happiness is, and money is by no means happiness.   Currently I'm just a cranky old fart and am actively seeking both happiness AND money.

Agreed with you. It's mostly Muslims and atheists I see arguing here. Money is quite important for maintaining a basic level of happiness so can't really blame people for going after the dough.
Activity: 400
Merit: 59
August 01, 2017, 10:24:33 AM
Practically speaking yes because the money can buy everything that has a value but almost all of the things here in earth have a value equivalent or money and can be buy.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 01, 2017, 10:21:55 AM
In my opinion yes money is priority but not above all things actually. I want to earn a lot money to secure living and have a better life, but I dont disrespect or hate others I also pray to God and I will always remember even Im busy sometimes. Money is not the one making people evil but the people itself are creating their own evil out of money they have.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
August 01, 2017, 10:05:40 AM
If you prioritize or love money more than yourself or your family it would lead you to do wrong things because if you make money above all things for you, you will become greedy and even do everything to gain it even if you rob or cheat to people you will do it because of money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
August 01, 2017, 09:53:20 AM
Money is everything for our secondary needs. But can not give kebahagiasn completely. There is still God to be in priority. Because only God has everything for us.
Activity: 322
August 01, 2017, 09:00:41 AM
Money is good to aspire for because with money, you can do everything but its also one of the things that have caused the increase in social menace in the society in most part of the world with several people especially in third world countries and developing countries doing every means necessary to get rich. Some will burgle, others will engage in armed robbery which might lead to killing of innocent lives, others will engage in online fraud among other immorality just because of money. For me, I love to have money but not by all means necessary.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 01, 2017, 08:59:51 AM
I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?
Nowadays everyone is busy in earning money because nowadays if you will not have money then you will not be able to pay for the things you get for living your lie and people also often stay in touch with those people who will have a high quality life who have money.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
August 01, 2017, 08:47:38 AM
Recent news about fork and inception of Bitcoin Cash leads me to believe that miners are first are foremost cunning and greedy individuals focused only on making money.
Bitmain couldn't pass the opportunity to fork Bitcoin, copy existing chain and create coins from thin air to grab additional bag of gold before BCC ecosystem will collapse.

Activity: 406
https://gexcrypto.io
August 01, 2017, 08:21:20 AM

For many people, money is really above everything. It seems like money is their god. For most money gives power and freedom. But we must not be under the influence of money. We must not let money manipulate us. There are limitations to everything. We must be the one to manipulate or control the money so we could still have freedom to choose the right thing to do.
Activity: 453
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
August 01, 2017, 08:12:01 AM
Yes for me, money is above all other things cause it gives freedom. Actually freedom is above all but it is tied to money so much that I care for money LOT. But it is just tool for me, my goal is freedom. Fully.
Activity: 258
August 01, 2017, 07:21:42 AM
I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?

Of course not. God is above all things. We must seek Him first before anything else in this world. We cannot bring all of these riches with us anyway when we die, so do not ask for more than what you need. Take some time to relax and thank our God for the blessings that He is giving to us. You just don't realize but He chooses people who will come to our lives that will give us a lot of opportunity to earn. We are where we are right now because He wanted us to be here. Remember to stay humble no matter what you have achieved, keep your feet on the ground, and most of all, never forget to pray.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
August 01, 2017, 06:34:01 AM
For me money is not important than praising God because God is the ultimate and the givers of life for without God we are nothing but dust. Although we all need money in other to keep our day to day expenses going. But money is not the ultimate.
Yes right money is not important than prayer of God firstly we need to pray of God and then earn money is later because if we pray of God, God can give money more and also God show us many ways to earn money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 01, 2017, 06:23:09 AM
It is true we live in dire need of money. But I do not think that money is above everything else. The power of love I have makes my family understand when I have no money. So I do not measure everything with money. I think money is just a tool to make ends meet. The affection we have is the thing that is above all. I work hard to earn money. So if I think money is above everything else. Of course I will do anything for the money. But I do not do such a thing. Because I do not measure anything with money. Of course with this kind of thing we will always do good. Without having to count with the value of money.
Activity: 224
August 01, 2017, 06:08:33 AM
Today money is everything. Someone wants to do anything to earn money. Even committing a criminal act to earn money. If we have money we can control someone .. to do anything for us. The changing world needs money. Money can also manage our happiness. We do not lie that money is the first thing we need to survive (I mean if we live not alone in a forest or an ocean). Three basic human needs ie clothing, food, boards, we can fill with money, let alone secondary and tertiary needs. Life always wants transactions and transactions always use money, that's how the rules seem. The time, energy, and thought I put into the term money, because the invisible thing we have can indeed be rewarded with money.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 01, 2017, 05:07:33 AM
Money is NOT everything in life but it is next to Everything in life. It is a requirement to fulfill basic needs of modern society. We Human being are social animals (mostly), most of us find  it difficult to function without society.

Very true. Theoretically you can live without money on an isolated island with a spring of fresh water. But being social animals, as you put it, we hardly can do that. We need people around, we need society to live in, and that's why we need money. We can't live in society without money.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
August 01, 2017, 02:31:05 AM
Money is NOT everything in life but it is next to Everything in life. It is a requirement to fulfill basic needs of modern society. We Human being are social animals (mostly), most of us find  it difficult to function without society.
Pages:
Jump to: