Pages:
Author

Topic: Moneybookers closed my account!!!!!!!! Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!! 2-12-2012 - page 4. (Read 19187 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I met this problem before, all they said was that for security purposes, crazy, but they solved fast when you supplied all scans!
Activity: 49
ok tell them... Huh

Yeah I know, I made a mistake. Shouldn't told them I used the account for Bitcoins. But it shouldn't even be illegal, no company or government should have the right to control to what is and what's not to be traded on the internet, this ofcourse to a certain degree. you should not have the right to buy a n-b0mb.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
why do you have to say its for btc?

Why should I not tell them I use it for Bitcoins.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Never told them... But one person on an exchange site apparently thought he could do the same on moneybookers as on paypal: revoke payment for "non delivered good", wich immediately locked my account, and got notices 2 weeks afterward that my account was going to be closed and that I could take the money from it only by bank wire, I couldn't use any of their services anymore
Harsh way to handle customers imo
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Pitty to hear they're still doing that...
Got closed of last year in september, just 3 weeks after receiving my mastercard I bought from them...
I could retreive the money that was stored on the account, but other that that I couldn't do anything with it anymore.

It sucks :p After some less than happy trades with paypal, I too thought I found the ideal way to trade btc for some cold hard cash, but after about 3 months of trading the happy days were over :-/

So yes: don't open an account at moneybookers for trading btc, wich is really a pitty, since I could send/retreive money from them directly from my bank account Sad
I am in the same situation. My account opened 4 years ago, has been locked. They want to scan my ID card and proof of address. I'm not a thug but I'm treated as such. This story is not over.

Look italian forum bitcoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attenzione-ragazzi-a-moneybookersskrill-63751

Same with me, I was treated as a criminal to.
The US gov is trying to destroy every thing that has to do something with Bitcoin.
Paypal was pushed into banning all Bitcoin related accounts.
Look at what happend to Paxum, they closed all Bitcoin related accounts under pressure of Mastercard.
Tradehill Shutdown because of the US CA Money Transmission Act.
And it's not only the US gov that's actively involved in presenting Bitcoin to the general public as a way to buy illegal drugs or money laundering.
So in the eyes of the general public that makes Bitcoin bad. Because they don't know any better and most them believe anything that the gov tells.

And secondly, goverments activetly try to destroy anythings that makes it easy for the civilians to go around there system, and we all know that the system only serves those who control it.
The Dutch (Netherlands) goverment had a undercover secret agent telling a crime reporter how pedofiles use TOR and Bitcoin, he is partial right but that's not the complete story ofcourse.
And in one of his other shows he did exactly the same as in the "ABC Silk Road Bitcoin newsreport", Bought some Bitcoin with which he bought drugs on hidden marketplace. Boohoohoo, like that is so socking!!!
But you how politician are.... so now every Dutch politician is screaming to make TOR and Bitcoin illegal.
There where even dutch politician that never heard of TOR and have no idea what it is, but still they think I should be made illegal!

So yeah....... whe are all pretty F'd.
On one hand whe have corrupt bankers and politicians who do anything to protect there bussiness model.
And one the other hand whe have naive under a rock living lawmakers and politicians

(Naive bankers are eaten by there fellow bankers, so there are no naive bankers, anyway not the ones who are running the show)

Nuff complaning 4 now.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
I am in the same situation. My account opened 4 years ago, has been locked. They want to scan my ID card and proof of address. I'm not a thug but I'm treated as such. This story is not over.

Look italian forum bitcoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attenzione-ragazzi-a-moneybookersskrill-63751
Activity: 714
Activity: 700
copper member
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Leave everything to me!
I sell BTC using PayPal (nightmare) any 'profit' that was made is slowly going back due to Credit-card charge-back fraud.

I know for a fact PP will randomly select you out if the person you had dealings with is in a dispute with someone else ( doesn't have to be you ). They are trying to check out the other person by checking your dealings with them, they don't tell you this of course and say that its a random check. Then, of course, when you don't have proof you 'mailed' it, they take your funds and return them. I don't see MB being any different. You would have been better off not mentioning the "B" word.

Just happened to me. Guy paid for 2 different auctions over 3 days, 3 weeks later PP disputes just 1 of our transactions, because one of his customers complained about him 2 weeks after the fact. So they randomly select people that had dealings with him and finds me 'guilty' of not "mailing it" and gave his money back. Even tho our transaction was NEVER in dispute, I lost. Sounds like/feels like, theft to me.

I contacted my customer and he gladly resent it. (he mustva been screwed by PP at one time too).

I tried once months ago to get my money back in another situation. After 4 days on the phone with 'support' and 20 pages of Docs proving my story that we were both getting screwed by the same guy, I had it, and give up.... And thats the way they like it.

Look at the Seller Protection Policy - if you didn't ship it, you shit outta luck. Im sure MB is no different

Video Proof??

Doesn't it amaze you that you can show "real proof" and nobody cares. (20 pages of Docs, IP tracking, used old BC addresses, timestamps, IP stamping, blockchain tracking, email header info matching the IP info on your own damned servers, I had this SOB by the short and curlies, he re-used the BC address he used months ago in a legitimate transaction, and the rest of the info just snowballed) but do you have a copy of the box you shipped with a stamp on it?<-- thats all they wanted.

Show them a "video" of proof and they are spellbound and drooling (v-v-v-video) - any fool with a comp and MicroMovieMaker can fake it.

How many people do you know like having their BTC's Shipped in the mail Huh Sellers beware. I'm sure every credit card type company has the same type policy's.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
according to their terms, you need special approval from them to accept payments for money exchange businesses
...and you wouldn't need manager approval to eat your Kobe Beef Filet Mignon in a McDonalds?
Activity: 26
I just bought Bitcoins with it and sold my mined Bitcoins, that's allowed ............or is it?

according to their terms, you need special approval from them to accept payments for money exchange businesses
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
Bitcoin is their competition. Bitcoin is better. Duh.
And I thought EU, UK and USA where free market economies. Am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Was this a joke or are you just that dumb?

Joke!!! I know that the EU, UK and USA are nothing more than an fascist plutocracy.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Was this a joke or are you just that dumb?
erm.. Why in the world would you open the bag of confusion by telling them its a bitcoin trade.

You should have just told them immediately it was a personal transfer to a friend, leave it at that and you had no issues. Now that you admitted to trading something they dont like or not really understanding of, you will be lucky to get the money if not after a ton of paper work.

Why not?!?! Bitcoin still isn't illegal so there anti-bitcoin policy is complete BS! And they shouldn't have the right do decide who and what can be traded!!!! You know how they call that........... it's called fascism!!!!!
Dont' go to moneybookers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have a Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They close down accounts if they are used to buy and sell Bitcoin with.
They closed my account and the only thing I did is trade Bitcoins at bitcoin.de.
I got my money back but they will close my account so that pretty much sucks!

So that was it, no thanks to Moneybookers!!!!!! I hope somebody will start a company that makes it possible to buy and sell bitcoin as easy as paypal or moneybookers.
And for moneybookers......... I hope they go bust soon!

F U Moneybookers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Merit: 502
erm.. Why in the world would you open the bag of confusion by telling them its a bitcoin trade.

You should have just told them immediately it was a personal transfer to a friend, leave it at that and you had no issues. Now that you admitted to trading something they dont like or not really understanding of, you will be lucky to get the money if not after a ton of paper work.
Pages:
Jump to: