Pages:
Author

Topic: Moneybookers closed my account!!!!!!!! Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!! 2-12-2012 - page 5. (Read 19187 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Sounds like they are trying to bring the PayPal ethos to their service. Thanks for letting me know. We can reward companies for this kind of behaviour by never signing up.

It should be made criminal, doing business like that.
They probably do it under pressure from IRS or the US treasury.
If they don't comply they will get audited or something.
And we all know that there is no one company in the world that has a 100% correct bookkeeping.
The US and UK really turned it to fascist police states, run by big corporations.
They think everybody is a terror1st or funding terror1sm!
Just got off the phone with moneybookers and just as yesterday they were all like "Bitcoin .............. what's bitcoin? and how do you send them? Can you send us a proof of delivery of the item?"
The guy I spoke to never heard of Bitcoin. So I told him it's a virtual currency and you can transfer Bitcoins as easy as sending a email. He was still like ....................uhhhh what?
So either he still lives in 2009 or he is lying and moneybookers is purpously trying to sabotage bitcoin trading.

But in they end........my account is still locked and moneybookers is taking forever to unlock it, if they even want to!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
Sounds like they are trying to bring the PayPal ethos to their service. Thanks for letting me know. We can reward companies for this kind of behaviour by never signing up.
So this what they are asking now. After my passport and bill scan they asked me what my relation was to one of the transactions I made, to that person.
And now they are asking for delivery proof ?!?!?! of 2 other transactions.
What's next ........ the time I went to the bathroom.

Is Moneybookers a front company for the CIA/KGB/MI6?  Angry 4ssh0l3s.
So I'm going to get my money back any way, that is a good singe!
The guy on the phone wouldn't tell me any thing.

Hey told me they locked the account, and I automaticly figured that If they lock it for outgoing transactions you never ever are going to get your money back because outgoing transactions are disabled!
That's what I figured, I'm wrong with that, so they give back your money I understand from your reaction.

And no I'm not doing any thing illegal.
Or is buying and selling Bitcoin illegal?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
You are going on a bit extreme, if it was a large amount or a first time transfer they usually lock the account for suspicious activity thereafter they unlock it unless you did something easy to identify thats totally illegal which I doubt.

Whoever told you that they will decide to lock and take your funds is clearly on crack, if they do lock your account they will simply process it all to bank/card thats on the account.
I talked to some guy from moneybookers (phoned there supportline) this morning and he told me that moneybookers can lock any account any time if they feel like.
Hey told me it's a routine security check. And within 48 hours they decide if you are getting your account unlocked or that they take all the money that's on it, comes down to that, if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!
Hey wouldn't tell me why my account is under investigation, told me to talk to security but he was the guy from security so.... ?!?! sounds a little bit weird if you ask me.

It realy sucks, that they locked my account. If I knew that this could happen I would opened a account with moneybookers.  Angry

They are realy pissing me off!
I had my account verified by a letter send to me and my bank account is verified by a small transaction so I have no idee why they locked my account.
So it pretty much s*cks! Is there something that i did wrong.
I just bought Bitcoins with it and sold my mined Bitcoins, that's allowed ............or is it?
I hope they fix it, I all ready mailed them my passport and bill scan/photo.
Activity: 943
Merit: 101
They did the same to me.

I was having trouble adding a bank account to it, called in for help and they're like "OK we'll look into it and e-mail  you in 15-30 minutes".

I check my e-mail in 15-30 minutes and instead of a solution, they tell me my account is locked and under review lol.

Bullsh*t.  I've read lots of people have had their accounts frozen by that company with sizable amounts of cash in it and no way to dispute at all.  Moneybookers just said they're accounts were questionable and that's that.  No way of getting account re-instated whatsoever.

I made an account with them, got it verified, but after reading some of the stuff that goes on I never bothered to use it.  Probably stupid since I had to send them high res color scans of my driver's license and proof of address.  Who knows what they might do with it if they take peoples' money from them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Sounds like extortion. But it is also ridiculous. How could they ever verify that what you send them is legit? Just do a search online for a bill photo and passport photo and email it. Or maybe you work for a competitor of moneybooker and are just trying to spread FUD.
Moneybookers locked my account for outgoing transactions.
They asked for a scan of my passport and utility bill to send by email.
Why did they lock my account, are there others with the same problem?

Is complete bullsh1t that they locked my account!
Pages:
Jump to: