Pages:
Author

Topic: MoneyPot.com :: The bitcoin gambling wallet - page 4. (Read 77052 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
why ryan want to sell MP? isn't mp giving profit to him?

He is getting profit as the owner as well as the investor but he said he wanted to lift some workload off his shoulder so he decided to let someone better than him to handle the site rather than to left the site abandoned with no development
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
why ryan want to sell MP? isn't mp giving profit to him?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Vires in numeris.
it is safe to assume that you won't get a lot of investments if you start your standalone site with 54% commission and furthermore you miss the opportunity to source MP's userbase. Consequently, I think that it is better to run an MP app instead of a standalone investment site and that would also be the case if the app commission was lower.

it looks that you know more than we know regarding the MP's user base. are you able or willing to share the user base number? thanks

It is nothing to hide and a public data at the moneypot auction thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-of-moneypotcom-the-bitcoin-gambling-wallet-1249919. What he means is if you make your site at MP, you already have potential user to play since Moneypot share its user rather than start fresh

thanks for the prompt answer but I would like to know how many users MP has right now and had before. just to get the picture if it is rising standing or falling

oh and how many user disappeared after registering and wagering? or how many user only registered to get some promo coins. do you have those numbers or are those numbers public? I could go on and on with questions or maybe I missed it.

I read not that long ago that Betterbets the MP flagship was saying that they had a very big drop of their average wager amount and much less wagering customers

thanks again

Ryan could post a chart with daily active MP users.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1011
All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed
it is safe to assume that you won't get a lot of investments if you start your standalone site with 54% commission and furthermore you miss the opportunity to source MP's userbase. Consequently, I think that it is better to run an MP app instead of a standalone investment site and that would also be the case if the app commission was lower.

it looks that you know more than we know regarding the MP's user base. are you able or willing to share the user base number? thanks

It is nothing to hide and a public data at the moneypot auction thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-of-moneypotcom-the-bitcoin-gambling-wallet-1249919. What he means is if you make your site at MP, you already have potential user to play since Moneypot share its user rather than start fresh

thanks for the prompt answer but I would like to know how many users MP has right now and had before. just to get the picture if it is rising standing or falling

oh and how many user disappeared after registering and wagering? or how many user only registered to get some promo coins. do you have those numbers or are those numbers public? I could go on and on with questions or maybe I missed it.

I read not that long ago that Betterbets the MP flagship was saying that they had a very big drop of their average wager amount and much less wagering customers

thanks again

Absolutely no and that data should only be available for the owner of moneypot, ryan and whoever the future owner is. Not sure why is that really important, as for BB status you can always check theirs at dicesites.com

I disagree and I know it will not help. those numbers are very important for app owners and investors. IMO MP is a great business idea but could easily be killed by a new owner

did you check also the other apps on dicesites.com/moneypot? or only BB? it would be worth to check the other apps in this list.

That is why ryan is taking bidder not only from the biggest bid but from some qualification too. This is a serious business to continue so a right person needs to be chosen. As for the question, no I only check BB on the sites

Ryan has a very tough task and he can't 100% promise that the buyer will not kill MP and we will not blame him if it happens.

I don't know the reasoning why you are checking only the BB stats on that list but IMO an investor or app owner or even a serious future app owners should check all apps on that list and should be interested to see how many apps died already (and not only from this list).

thanks for your straight forward opinion

If a site change ownership, usually the site will mostly go down but sometimes it can be better if a right person handle it. Bustabit was dead for months after ryan take it but now it is #2 most wagered site weekly.

I agree and as you mentioned the name "Ryan" yes he handled BaB very nice and he handled MP very nice and straight forward.

how the new owner will handle it? only god knows

Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Great wallet, I've used it for games like bustabit and it is very convenient
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

thanks again

Absolutely no and that data should only be available for the owner of moneypot, ryan and whoever the future owner is. Not sure why is that really important, as for BB status you can always check theirs at dicesites.com

I disagree and I know it will not help. those numbers are very important for app owners and investors. IMO MP is a great business idea but could easily be killed by a new owner

did you check also the other apps on dicesites.com/moneypot? or only BB? it would be worth to check the other apps in this list.

That is why ryan is taking bidder not only from the biggest bid but from some qualification too. This is a serious business to continue so a right person needs to be chosen. As for the question, no I only check BB on the sites

Ryan has a very tough task and he can't 100% promise that the buyer will not kill MP and we will not blame him if it happens.

I don't know the reasoning why you are checking only the BB stats on that list but IMO an investor or app owner or even a serious future app owners should check all apps on that list and should be interested to see how many apps died already (and not only from this list).

If a site change ownership, usually the site will mostly go down but sometimes it can be better if a right person handle it. Bustabit was dead for months after ryan take it but now it is #2 most wagered site weekly.
legendary

thanks again

legendary

thanks again

legendary

thanks again

legendary

thanks again

legendary

thanks again

legendary

legendary

legendary
i love moneypot, it is a great way to manage gambling and keep everything organised without confirmation
i need to agree with you but if moneypot finds a new buyer i will have to stop using if i dont know new owner.
i think my funds are safe with ryan but i would not be comfort to say the same for new owner (if any)
regards.
-Katerniko1

That is why ryan is filtering the bidder by having them to submit their proof of financial and qualities as a new owner not just some rich brat that bid high and shut the site down
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
i love moneypot, it is a great way to manage gambling and keep everything organised without confirmation
i need to agree with you but if moneypot finds a new buyer i will have to stop using if i dont know new owner.
i think my funds are safe with ryan but i would not be comfort to say the same for new owner (if any)
regards.
-Katerniko1
Activity: 98
Activity: 100
Vires in numeris.
My main concern as an app owner is will the % change? I dont think many ppl will be interested in making apps for MP for any less of a %.

tl;dr Making MP apps is better than running a standalone investment site, so make moar apps!

Really, why do you think so? Under the assumption that you want investors in your casino (either you can't BR yourself or you don't want to due to the risk) I always come to the conclusion that it is better to create a MP app than to your run a standalone casino with investments.

Historically (thanks @NLNico) the overall average edge of MP has been 0.9351% and app owners got an 0.5128% edge which translated to 54.84% of the expected profits. That is higher than for example the 50% of expected profits that Pocket Rockets Casino [Ref, NonRef] takes, the bitcoin dice site with the highest commission that I know of. In my opinion, it is safe to assume that you won't get a lot of investments if you start your standalone site with 54% commission and furthermore you miss the opportunity to source MP's userbase. Consequently, I think that it is better to run an MP app instead of a standalone investment site and that would also be the case if the app commission was lower.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
I'd just like to state that I am not bidding on MoneyPot, and am not part of any group that is.

It was brought to my attention that QuickSeller was PMing MoneyPot app owners spreading lies about me for whatever reason. Rest assumed I don't have any intention of buying MoneyPot. And as of last week's pevpot draw no longer even invest there.

I can confirm that Dooglus has never expressed any interest in buying MP or any of its apps, nor to the best of my knowledge even remotely involved with any group-bid. The only time Dooglus' name has ever even come up, is I've listed him as one of several escrow options I'd be willing to accept (although my preference is for 2-of-2 or 2-of-3 multisig).

And this is my first time hearing about the QuickSeller thing? I've got no idea what's happening there. Th only communication I've had with QuickSeller is that he (in private) helped me with some (primarily-blockchain) analysis on a MP bidder who I now believe was involved in a previous scam (so I obviously won't be selling to them).

Just curious about whats the state of the auction is? are you right now under the process of sorting potential owner through their history or are you still waiting for some bid from better person / team right now? either way its sad to see you let this baby slip through your hands

We're in a sort of limbo right now. My group is working on proving financials atm (I have already signed my own portion of it, just waiting for one person afaik). More will be shared when I know it.
Shouldnt all the financials have been proved before making an offer? Seems like thats how it should be before making the conscious decision to buy a site as large as moneypot

There's no doubt that we have the finances (other parties are equally reputable). It's just that one appears to be a little illiquid (or was). I'm actually awaiting more information on this myself, Smiley.

Since it seems that you are quite sure that your team might win this auction can you atleast state how many devs will be working on moneypot if your "team" win this? the more the better of course and it seems you are not really a coder?

I'm not 100% sure if we'll win, but I do remain optimistic, :p. As for how many devs there are, I'm unsure, though we do have great plans for taking the site forward and will make it happen!

The only reason I started posting on behalf of this is to help put everyone's mind at ease. Not everyone is out there to screw others over. And the simple fact is that as of this second, NOTHING has changed so worrying is meaningless.

It is not an easy task to continue where ryan left moneypot of. There are tons of things to do therefore Im personally begging ryan to select the team with better composition or qualified as coder for moneypot, not just someone who bid high on the auction
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
My main concern as an app owner is will the % change? I dont think many ppl will be interested in making apps for MP for any less of a %.

The auction process is still on-going, so I think it'll make sense to wait until we have a winner announced instead of speculating. That said, app owners are the life-blood of MP, so I doubt anyone is going to buy the app just to squeeze them.

Yeah, I don't foresee this being an issue, either. It wouldn't make sense for someone to start alienating their userbase, as that would just result in a crash of the system and loss of investment money.
legendary
Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886

The auction process is still on-going, so I think it'll make sense to wait until we have a winner announced instead of speculating. That said, app owners are the life-blood of MP, so I doubt anyone is going to buy the app just to squeeze them.
Pages:
Jump to: