Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 108. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

My guess is Mintpal was insolvent since the hack, they agreed let Moolah(who wasn't doing very well) take over to reduce panic/gain trust of the users. Joining forces made it easier to look solvent. Maybe they closed the site for an "upgrade" because volume was declining and funds for withdrawals were running out. The 0% fees would atract new funds. The panic of running out of funds may have fueled all the incompetence.

it's an interesting theory. but why the constant delay tactics evasive answers from them on everything and BS like today there was a 'critical bug' so they took the site down and not that they are dissolving the company so it's open season on the customer coins.  and why no response to any support tickets or emails - still anyone received anything but a generic response?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
bagholder checking in:

3.65 btc

All i can say is that if this isnt resolved and i lose all that btc i really hope these bastards get what they deserve - this is really terrible. And while I agree that we should hold back on the threats and the attacking of their privacy for the time being, if it turns out they are leading us on and no funds are returned, i say screw em as they will be nothing more than the worst kind of scammers...

In the meantime i will stay optimistic for tomorrows "A separate method of withdrawing funds will be made available on October 16th, 2014.".

If they open withdrawls and make good than I will have no hard feelings, theres a huge difference between a struggling business with finance/management issues and a carefully organized ploy to intentionally scam thousands of people out of what is probably millions of dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Can someone please do a Ron Burgundy 412BTC gif please

You tagged as scammer? Damn times are ruff this days. Mintpal going bust, users getting red tags all over the place. Its t

Yes the lack of trust moderation generally makes people ignore it.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
"# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000"

The numbers you have generated are seriously only 97 accounts?  Holy shit man.......

Luckily I pulled everything off the exchange after the VRC hack, and never put anything back on there.  So my losses = 0.  

lol, I think you have missunderstood something.. people here are posting which coins they're missing.

BlockaFett isn't Moolah/Mintpal.
Activity: 311
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

So let me get this straight...

In July Moopay Ltd announced they had 'purchased' Mintpal in July: http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Now they are saying they do not own it, they are just responsible for 'management': http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Which is great for them seeing as 2 weeks after launching a mickey-mouse website to replace it and many people loosing coins through missing balances or not being able to login, they now go into voluntary liquidation and tell people their 'coins are safe'

Lets think about it...

1. If Moopay Ltd do own Mintpal, people's coins are not safe - all assets will be sold and given to creditors and people have posited that coin holders will be last in the queue

2. If Moopay Ltd don't own Mintpal, then who the fuck does? Why did they say they purchased it, and if that's incorrect, why haven't they said who does?  How does not knowing who owns the entity with everyone's funds in make those funds safe?

3. "MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed." - on the same day as they announce that they are liquidating their company voluntarily btw, they pull the site down without giving any reason other than 'critical errors', and people's coins are safe?  Does anyone here believe this?

This whole thing is bullshit - trying to delineate Moopay Ltd from Mintpal and Moofarm, claiming the team have been jetsetting around fucking Asia during the failed launch, and that suddenly they have to liquidate due to rising costs and dropping revenue - they just launched a fucking exchange lol so what in 2 weeks they suddenly realized they can't pay their monthlies and had to make this decision now?

Unbelievable.

That pretty much sums it up as far as I can tell. One big scam.

My guess is Mintpal was insolvent since the hack, they agreed let Moolah(who wasn't doing very well) take over to reduce panic/gain trust of the users. Joining forces made it easier to look solvent. Maybe they closed the site for an "upgrade" because volume was declining and funds for withdrawals were running out. The 0% fees would atract new funds. The panic of running out of funds may have fueled all the incompetence.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

You tagged as scammer? Damn times are ruff this days. Mintpal going bust, users getting red tags all over the place.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
"# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000"

The numbers you have generated are seriously only 97 accounts?  Holy shit man.......

Luckily I pulled everything off the exchange after the VRC hack, and never put anything back on there.  So my losses = 0. 
Well from what I know mintpal is not done theirs another manage taking palce and to be honest why on earth mintpal sold to moola in first place is beyond me and now filing for bankrupt is a total joke but say they are being taken over by another company. site not accessible as in being fixed once am on again i will be cashing out if i have anything left

'fixed' meaning coins taken out lol
Activity: 270
2.4m FLT
200k BC
147k VRC
Well from what I know mintpal is not done theirs another manage taking palce and to be honest why on earth mintpal sold to moola in first place is beyond me and now filing for bankrupt is a total joke but say they are being taken over by another company. site not accessible as in being fixed once am on again i will be cashing out if i have anything left

sounds like delay tactics. everything they say is either claiming something went wrong without saying what, or that something is happening in the near future...as soon as the company is liquidated they don't have to answer to anyone. while its still trading and they are directors they have to watch what they do.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Activity: 311
0.65 SYNC missing
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

So let me get this straight...

In July Moopay Ltd announced they had 'purchased' Mintpal in July: http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Now they are saying they do not own it, they are just responsible for 'management': http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Which is great for them seeing as 2 weeks after launching a mickey-mouse website to replace it and many people loosing coins through missing balances or not being able to login, they now go into voluntary liquidation and tell people their 'coins are safe'

Lets think about it...

1. If Moopay Ltd do own Mintpal, people's coins are not safe - all assets will be sold and given to creditors and people have posited that coin holders will be last in the queue

2. If Moopay Ltd don't own Mintpal, then who the fuck does? Why did they say they purchased it, and if that's incorrect, why haven't they said who does?  How does not knowing who owns the entity with everyone's funds in make those funds safe?

3. "MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed." - on the same day as they announce that they are liquidating their company voluntarily btw, they pull the site down without giving any reason other than 'critical errors', and people's coins are safe?  Does anyone here believe this?

This whole thing is bullshit - trying to delineate Moopay Ltd from Mintpal and Moofarm, claiming the team have been jetsetting around fucking Asia during the failed launch, and that suddenly they have to liquidate due to rising costs and dropping revenue - they just launched a fucking exchange lol so what in 2 weeks they suddenly realized they can't pay their monthlies and had to make this decision now?

Unbelievable.

That pretty much sums it up as far as I can tell. One big scam.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
un.fucking.believable

Just remind all of you who is in charge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg#t=40
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
MintPal is currently down for a number of necessary changes and fixes. A separate method of withdrawing funds will be made available on October 16th, 2014.
I "lost" 202.000 UTC...

At the moment of putting this message it is like 12,22 BTC I lost ....

Believe me, they (Mintpal) did already new this and just scammed and fucked us !

Yup.

Did anyone actually get a response to emails or support tickets apart from the generic response on freshdesk: "Thank you for the email. Your issue has been passed to the migration team for investigation, and will be dealt with as a matter of urgency." ?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I think I had ~2 million digibytes. I managed to withdraw everything else, but digibyte wasn't available in the "my funds" or w/e the page name was where you do the cashouts.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
I "lost" 202.000 UTC...

At the moment of putting this message it is like 12,22 BTC I lost ....

Believe me, they (Mintpal) did already new this and just scammed and fucked us !

# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000         

TOTAL MISSING (IN BTC)      412.89   BTC

MISSING BY COIN:         

BTC   167.28      
DRK   4,501      
XMR   8,681      
KARM   306,286,000      
TES   107,532      
EMC2   250,000      
DOGE   4,305,000