Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 112. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 502
Lost a lot altcoin there, mostly BC and Cinni, and few btc and karm
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Reporter for CCN here. I'm following this as closely as possible.

I have 600 DRK and .04 BTC trapped on Mintpal.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
VRC   10,016
Activity: 31
I don't understand the mentality behind these thefts. These guys have to know that there is a decent portion of this community that comes from the darknet. On that darknet it is fairly easy(fairly cheap too) to get information on just about anyone. I imagine 1/3 of the stolen bitcoins so far would be more than enough to cement the point that stealing may cost your life.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
5,46 btc

3000 (!) xmr- (hope my book is wrong here)

~200 drk

if I read all the stuff correctly today I think there are chances that we get our coins (especially btc) back. I am most worried about my xmr - it was my hot wallet and you guys know this is the special altcoin ...

Activity: 83
I lost in mintpal 3,5 milion karmacoin.
Activity: 87
Merit: 11
Missing my deposit of 5.2 BTC  Angry Angry
Just over 10btc(like 10.05xxxx) that failed to withdraw just before they went down.

I have over 90 BTC worth of coins lost through Mintpal.
If I get scammed again I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

I think someone should make an example of one of these gox-ing assholes. If one of them got beheaded I doubt many more would want to steal from the community in this way again.

If they do gox us I will offer another 10btc to find the name, phone number, and close relatives of the management of mintpal.
If I had that amount of money to throw around I would "take the law into my own hands".

I'm not bothered about the amount I lost, you take your risk (although I would like it back obviously).  It's the audacity that we will actually believe the bullshit excuses, delay tactics, and sit around and be bare-faced scammed that gets me.

Exactly! If 10btc was going to really hurt me I would have never left it on the exchange in the first place. I find my self wishing I hadn't but meh.

I am sick of these guys stealing huge amounts of wealth from this community and just getting away with it. Someone needs to teach them and the rest of the would-be assholes a lesson. A lesson that says we will no longer let these thefts just go without coming after them personally.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
30 XMR
16 DRK

Thats all from me. It was cheap this time.

Activity: 9
Hi All

I just want to let you all know that i witnessed a very large sell of LTC on CEX.IO today at 1200GMT.

Approx 2230 LTC was sold down as low as 0.005, to me this seems to be a good part of the missing coins from Mintpal, i have reported the transaction to CEX support & they are looking into this for me & i hope for all of you too.

Also on cryptsy last night a huge volume of Darkcoin was sold...again i believe this is someone dropping the coins to BTC to gain a quick exit from the coins obtained from Mintpal.

I would also like to add the coins i have lost to the list

BTC 0.7
LTC 15
DRK 28
PND 2.5 million
Karma 2 Million

I cant be certain of the exact amounts as the 8 decimal places would be impossible to remember, so i have just used whole figures.

It may be best for all of us to keep a good eye out on all other exchanges for strange sell offs so we may at least stop the person who ever does have the missing coins obtaining the BTC from there sell, CEX will freeze the account if it is proven that the LTC sell witnessed today is of a suspicious nature.

My last question would be....How the hell did Mintpal not do checks on Moopay before agreeing this deal...surely they must have access to information that Moopay was in financial trouble before they handed over the personal details of all the accounts held on Mintpals records

To be honest Mintpal is as much to blame as Moopay is.

I am certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for the coins to be returned to me as i honestly think this is going to be to much for Mintpal to overcome

I do hope i am proven wrong
Activity: 364
To be honest, I had some dust btc. I withdrawed them from Mintpal V2 them without problem.  
Activity: 392
Merit: 255
Just over 10btc(like 10.05xxxx) that failed to withdraw just before they went down.

If I get scammed again I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

I think someone should make an example of one of these gox-ing assholes. If one of them got beheaded I doubt many more would want to steal from the community in this way again.

If they do gox us I will offer another 10btc to find the name, phone number, and close relatives of the management of mintpal.
If I had that amount of money to throw around I would "take the law into my own hands".

I'm not bothered about the amount I lost, you take your risk (although I would like it back obviously).  It's the audacity that we will actually believe the bullshit excuses, delay tactics, and sit around and be bare-faced scammed that gets me.
Activity: 490

If I get scammed again I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

Merit: 255
# USERS REPORTING: 61 of 70,000         

TOTAL MISSING (IN BTC)      335.04   BTC

MISSING BY COIN:         

BTC   147.75      
DRK   3,242      
XMR   391      
KARM   297,000,000      
TES   107,532      
EMC2   250,000      
DOGE   4,005,000      
CINNI   74,796      
UTC   29,179      
WC   461,322      
SYS   6,350      
CLOAK   6,600      
FLT   508,584      
BC   26,800      
ENRG   56,000      
MYR   2,537,000      
USDE   180,000      
PND   44,450,000      
LTC   14      
FAIR   15,000      
ARI   792,679      
SAT2   12,000      
CAIX   9,159      
MIN   9,600      
CRYPT   1,000      
VRC   416      
XC   150      
SDC   150      
UNO   255      
HIRO   129,164      

COINS RETURNED: 0

If I get scammed again I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

Activity: 616
If I get scammed I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

You for hire? Someone stole 0.3 BTC from my Mintpal V1 account in March Cheesy

Holy shit, can you prove it?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I thought it was just 0.04 BTC that I lost but I just realised that I had 0.99BTC sent to my deposit address too.  

Lets call it 1BTC.  Arse.

If I get scammed I will be visiting that nerdy chubfuck in person, guaranteed.  I did this with the last asshole who took my coins and he couldn't stop shaking, compensated me nicely.

MintPal is currently down for urgent bug fixes, and is additionally moving to new management (away from Moopay LTD). A statement will follow shortly. YAY they will fix it. J/K

I am missing 130 000 FLT! https://i.imgur.com/6Q2E5KK.jpg
Jump to: