Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 111. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
small fry
I had 1200 XC
Around 800,000 HIRO

So are we going to ever be able to get our coins off that shithole?
Activity: 392
Merit: 255
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

So let me get this straight...

In July Moopay Ltd announced they had 'purchased' Mintpal in July: http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Now they are saying they do not own it, they are just responsible for 'management': http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Which is great for them seeing as 2 weeks after launching a mickey-mouse website to replace it and many people loosing coins through missing balances or not being able to login, they now go into voluntary liquidation and tell people their 'coins are safe'

Lets think about it...

1. If Moopay Ltd do own Mintpal, people's coins are not safe - all assets will be sold and given to creditors and people have posited that coin holders will be last in the queue

2. If Moopay Ltd don't own Mintpal, then who the fuck does? Why did they say they purchased it, and if that's incorrect, why haven't they said who does?  How does not knowing who owns the entity with everyone's funds in make those funds safe?

3. "MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed." - on the same day as they announce that they are liquidating their company voluntarily btw, they pull the site down without giving any reason other than 'critical errors', and people's coins are safe?  Does anyone here believe this?

This whole thing is bullshit - trying to delineate Moopay Ltd from Mintpal and Moofarm, claiming the team have been jetsetting around fucking Asia during the failed launch, and that suddenly they have to liquidate due to rising costs and dropping revenue - they just launched a fucking exchange lol so what in 2 weeks they suddenly realized they can't pay their monthlies and had to make this decision now?

Unbelievable.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Lost 10 XMR after the transition to V2.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Why are people saying coins are lost? They never said mintpal had lost the coins or was being closed? Just down temporarily. Chill yo beans.

Just as said here - http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/15/the-reports-of-my-death-have-been-greatly-exaggerated/

That is the same bullshit story. Why would they upgrade to a platform that doesn't work? What kind of professional development team would have pushed a new version live without it being fully unit tested? It really seems like classic delay tactics while they cashout their stolen coins.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
1.1 BTC missing after attempting to withdraw. Error failed-cancelled but balance is 0. Support ticket open for 2 days but I'm not hopeful after this recent news.

Good luck all

the same situation 6,5 btc, this is strange becouse 0,1 btc 30 minutes befeore withdraw 6,5btc was ok.

Same here 0.5 btc attempted withdraw 4 days ago...same error-failed.  This was after the v2 upgrade.  Only one response from support acknowledging that there was and issue with failed withdrawals and someone would get back to me after things were resolved.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Why are people saying coins are lost? They never said mintpal had lost the coins or was being closed? Just down temporarily. Chill yo beans.

Just as said here - http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/15/the-reports-of-my-death-have-been-greatly-exaggerated/
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
This has to be in the multimillions on mp
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

That is for moolah, mintpal?  Same apply? problem is that balances just vanished and after two weeks they were still not showing.
legendary
Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636
I'm being told that 2 of our larger holders have over 300K BlackCoin between them on MintPal

Why?  god knows, we've all seen the shit exchanges cause when they go bang.... so you would have thought people would know better right?

I feel for these guys.

However, we dont know what the outcome of all this is yet so Glass Half Full for now.

Viz

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
I was usnig them to trade LTC and KARMA so here is what I had/have locked on their site

4.23 LTC
3.786 mil KARMA

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
I am not sure.   Huh

I had not used Mintpal for a few weeks prior so not sure what coins were on there, but usually leave 0.5 BTC on the bigger exchanges - just in case..
Activity: 392
Merit: 255
To be honest, I had some dust btc. I withdrawed them from Mintpal V2 them without problem.  

thanks Karim

If people DID get there coins back, or reported them missing here and got them back later, please say, so we can get an accurate picture.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
190 DRK
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
I got most of mine out over the past few days, but we have about 50+ million FLT on mp we have been tracking.

For me personally
.03 btc
8k Flt
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
20k Cinni
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
1.200.000+ MYR
500.000+MZC
0.1BTC
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Hi All

I just want to let you all know that i witnessed a very large sell of LTC on CEX.IO today at 1200GMT.

Approx 2230 LTC was sold down as low as 0.005, to me this seems to be a good part of the missing coins from Mintpal, i have reported the transaction to CEX support & they are looking into this for me & i hope for all of you too.

Also on cryptsy last night a huge volume of Darkcoin was sold...again i believe this is someone dropping the coins to BTC to gain a quick exit from the coins obtained from Mintpal.

I would also like to add the coins i have lost to the list

BTC 0.7
LTC 15
DRK 28
PND 2.5 million
Karma 2 Million

I cant be certain of the exact amounts as the 8 decimal places would be impossible to remember, so i have just used whole figures.

It may be best for all of us to keep a good eye out on all other exchanges for strange sell offs so we may at least stop the person who ever does have the missing coins obtaining the BTC from there sell, CEX will freeze the account if it is proven that the LTC sell witnessed today is of a suspicious nature.

My last question would be....How the hell did Mintpal not do checks on Moopay before agreeing this deal...surely they must have access to information that Moopay was in financial trouble before they handed over the personal details of all the accounts held on Mintpals records

To be honest Mintpal is as much to blame as Moopay is.

I am certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for the coins to be returned to me as i honestly think this is going to be to much for Mintpal to overcome

I do hope i am proven wrong

Mintpal/Moolah scammed together I think?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Lost 24500 MYR... Not a terribly large amount, but the site literally went down as I was withdrawing... Bright side for me is that I withdrew my .53 BTC that I had sitting around in there since the upgrade
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
Don't want anyone to continue to be cheated.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
i'm sorry for the loss of others. but I hate to see everyday another shitcoin popping up. and those shitty/shady exchanges are supporting/allowing them to trade and helping someone get rich by pump & dump schemes.

tldr: don't put money on a shitty coin and don't hold your coins in any exchange.
Jump to: