Pages:
Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 4. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
ZEN
Hey guys,
does anyone know how can i report the lost coin in mintpal?
should i fill a form or send a report to some where or some one?
as a proof, i have the wallet.dat, which i did the transaction to mintpal from it, is that enough?
thanks in advance

can someone please gives me some information over this?

same here. please pm info.
Also - if email of the account isn't proof enough then i dunno wtf is.
There is absolutely no way of knowing full balances after all these years. I had some open trade orders before it tanked as well and they may have been filled - so the balances I would be able to know may not even be accurate!
If one can prove ownership of email associated to the MP account - he/she should get access to his/her wallet balances so he/she can fill out proper claims.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

As much as I agree I hope you are right, but I have a feeling that if anyone gets anything back it will be fiat value of 2014. I'd be extremely happy to receive even 10% of the crypto I lost, as now it is worth so much..

Digital assets were stolen. Digital assets need to be returned to their rightful owners. Period.

As much as how right you are and how fair that is, it isn't always how these things work :/ I really hope we do though, but I am certain that 100% of the lost funds will not be recovered and at this stage anything will do.
Activity: 82

As much as I agree I hope you are right, but I have a feeling that if anyone gets anything back it will be fiat value of 2014. I'd be extremely happy to receive even 10% of the crypto I lost, as now it is worth so much..

Digital assets were stolen. Digital assets need to be returned to their rightful owners. Period.
Hey guys,
as a proof, i have the wallet.dat, which i did the transaction to mintpal from it, is that enough?
thanks in advance

PM'ed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hey guys,
thanks in advance

legendary
Also to those trying to jump in on this to make any money, they have records about Moolahs customers so you won't be able to take advantage of this shitty situation.

Exactly. To make any claims here about losses in Mintpal, you better make sure your Bitcointalk account is at least 3 years old. And even then - its not about what you post here, its about what hard evidence you can provide - transactions, private key ownership of certain wallets that deposited to known Mintpal deposit addresses, knowledge of precise account balances (with 5 decimal places), Mintpal account credentials etc etc.

As far as FIAT vs cyrpto - I lost crypto and that's what Ryan Kennedy & Co owe me. Not FIAT.

How does that make any sense? I lost all my coins when mintpal went down, and I don't have the exact amounts, that doesn't prove anything only thing that matters is if they have the records for user accounts and their balances when the site went down.

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain they have the records of all MP account wallets. Even if you have zero proof I'm sure the email you used on MintPal would be enough evidence.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Also to those trying to jump in on this to make any money, they have records about Moolahs customers so you won't be able to take advantage of this shitty situation.

Exactly. To make any claims here about losses in Mintpal, you better make sure your Bitcointalk account is at least 3 years old. And even then - its not about what you post here, its about what hard evidence you can provide - transactions, private key ownership of certain wallets that deposited to known Mintpal deposit addresses, knowledge of precise account balances (with 5 decimal places), Mintpal account credentials etc etc.

As far as FIAT vs cyrpto - I lost crypto and that's what Ryan Kennedy & Co owe me. Not FIAT.

How does that make any sense? I lost all my coins when mintpal went down, and I don't have the exact amounts, that doesn't prove anything only thing that matters is if they have the records for user accounts and their balances when the site went down.

legendary
I received another email from the police asking for more evidence (emails, communication or transactions) and that the investigation is ongoing. I really don't have much hope for getting my lost BTC, Dash or alts back, as even if we get something back it will probably be in fiat value, and that the value of BTC back in 2014, which I think was around $450 at the time. So those hoping to get crypto back I would hold your breath.. Still nice something is being done I guess..

Activity: 2
I too lost coins on mintpal!  Does someone have a link to the police form that people are talking about?
Activity: 350
Hey guys,
does anyone know how can i report the coin lost in mintpal?
thanks in advance
Activity: 71
Those who received this e-mail, did you reach out to police via your e-mail address before? I am trying to understand why I have not received this e-mail, while I have received print letters from liquidation lawyers.

Anyone with Mintpal account here who has NOT received this e-mail yet as of October 21st?

ME too
Activity: 71
I lost 49.5 BTC on mintpal.com, it seems hopeless to get them back.

I want my BTC back,  this is a lot of money today.
Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
I lost 19.5 btc on mintpal  Angry

bad times.

that was a good site til that muppet turned up.

at least he got arrested , maybe you can claim compensation.
Activity: 1
 I lost 19.5 btc on mintpal  Angry
Activity: 5
I know its not proof but telling u the balance of btc at that time isnt either (but i know it since i got the po)... Like I said I bought btc thru a dutch company wich still have the record it was done with my bank so my iban is known... Also my email is the same so yes dw about my proof its enough for any police report Smiley

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case

Telling balance is proof, if you can tell the balance with 8 decimal places. It is impossible for someone else to guess your balance with 8 digits.

But they (police) have to have Mintal database dump, so they can compare your claimed balance against list of balances they had.

So don't post your precise 8 decimal balances or screenshots of them here publically - keep it as part of hard proof that you own those funds. You can then augment that with your Mintpal account password and e-mail address, transaction history, received e-mail copies, screenshots etc. The last two are very weak form of proof and can't really be taken seriously, but every little bit can help.

thx for the tip! I didnt got any message from the police yet and I spoke to some experts who said its gonna be really hard to find back our btc. But if anyone gets a message/update please do post it on the forum so others can follow Smiley
I thought it was just 0.04 BTC that I lost but I just realised that I had 0.99BTC sent to my deposit address too. 

lol how much you sent to Mintpal is not how much you had left there at the time of shutdown.
I know its not proof but telling u the balance of btc at that time isnt either (but i know it since i got the po)... Like I said I bought btc thru a dutch company wich still have the record it was done with my bank so my iban is known... Also my email is the same so yes dw about my proof its enough for any police report Smiley

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case

Telling balance is proof, if you can tell the balance with 8 decimal places. It is impossible for someone else to guess your balance with 8 digits.

But they (police) have to have Mintal database dump, so they can compare your claimed balance against list of balances they had.

So don't post your precise 8 decimal balances or screenshots of them here publically - keep it as part of hard proof that you own those funds. You can then augment that with your Mintpal account password and e-mail address, transaction history, received e-mail copies, screenshots etc. The last two are very weak form of proof and can't really be taken seriously, but every little bit can help.
Activity: 42
I thought it was just 0.04 BTC that I lost but I just realised that I had 0.99BTC sent to my deposit address too. 
Activity: 5
A bitcoin address with transactions in 2014 is not proof, even if those transactions point to Mintpal deposit addresses. You have to be able to prove that you control that address and that you had funds left in Mintpal at the time it went down - do you know the exact balance of BTC left at Mintpal down to 8 decimal places??.

Ideally they should have a database copy with every user's balance at the time of the shutdown. And every user is associated to e-mail address. This is why I am worried that I did not receive e-mail from them, it is possible that they don't have full or proper DB dump with all affected users.

They can also dig through Mintpal's e-mail service providers (or some email relay system's) logs and extract user e-mail addresses from there. But they would still need balances.

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case
Pages:
Jump to: