Pages:
Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 6. (Read 226849 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Man at the time I didn't lose out that much but with BTC and DASH just keep rising it has turned into a life changing amount of money unfortunately. I come back here every now and then to see if anything has changed but I'm pretty certain nobody will see any of their lost funds. Fuck that guy and I hope he is rotting in prison.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Have anyone got any compensations. I only lost around 1 btc so luckily got off pretty easily but wondering

No. No compensations or even any hint of any hope of getting any.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Have anyone got any compensations. I only lost around 1 btc so luckily got off pretty easily but wondering
Activity: 951
Merit: 252

A friend had 2 million ripple on mintpal. Is there anything he can do?

I didn't know XRP was on mintpal? .... He would have to email the liquidator and fill out a proof of debt form ... 2 million XRP is fairly substantial... you're talking about half a million dollars at today's value... so I'd assume they are going to ask for some sort of proof
Activity: 82
Who is in possession of Mintpal database, the user accounts, withdrawal requests and corresponding account balances???

It looks like nothing is being done apart from law firm/liquidator sending out letters telling how much they charge per hour (doing nothing) and that nothing has been recovered.

Isn't there supposed to be at least some kind of investigation by some people with some level of competence?

Never mind the bitcoins, people lost millions of $ in altcoins, and nobody seems to care, apart from an odd "I lost X amount of Y, any chance of getting it back?" post.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
It might be a year or more, but this prick will eventually resurface, probably broke, infected with an STD or three, and looking for a scam to perpetrate. You really can't hide forever in the world of the interwebz and when Ryan/Alex blows through the 3700 BTC ($1,470,000 some odd dollars worth!) he will return to his old haunts....

Then Karma with a capital K will likely come upon his sorry ass......

and yes, he got me for a few coins also.......

Activity: 363

A friend had 2 million ripple on mintpal. Is there anything he can do?
Activity: 406
Merit: 103
If I was the scammer I would dump on btc-e instead of bitstamp. He must be retarded if he is selling on stamp. Grin
Activity: 2
I think i lost 5.137BTC and 45.241LTC
https://w.yaoping.win/lost.png

email the liquidator

Thank you.
I emailed    [email protected], and got noreplay for two days.

email the liquidator
Activity: 2
https://w.yaoping.win/lost.png
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
Wait, you can get 1 million dollars for 6 months of prison work, food and housing?
Crime REALLY DOES PAY OFF!

How many of you would accept 100k dollars for 1 month of prison work (or leisure)?!?!?!

This world is rotten. Wink

Unbelievable, this is freaking ridiculous....
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
There is more Jailtime coming for that scumbag.
I lost quite a few coins when mintpal went down.. glad to see justice finally catching up.

Kennedy is charged with crimes from 2014 and is said to have stolen a total of £1 million in Bitcoin. This money was allegedly used to support a luxurious lifestyle.

Finally, in June of this year, the Avon and Somerset police filed charges against Kennedy after three years of investigation by the Economic Crime Team. Included in the eight charges against Kennedy are money-laundering and fraudulent trading, which he denied in court on Monday.

Thomas also added that the case is one of a kind and that evidence will be coming from all over the world, including Finland and America. As part of his alleged fraud, Kennedy apparently operated under different identities and even feigned being a lawyer with a degree from Balliol College, Oxford.

The accused will have to go back to court for the case management hearing on December 18, and will stand trial on September 3, 2018.

Source https://cointelegraph.com/news/man-using-%C2%A31-mln-worth-of-stolen-bitcoin-to-fund-luxurious-lifestyle

Feel free to contact the Avon & Somerset police if you have evidence that could help with the trial. They probably already have what is publicly available here.

Contact details: https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact-us/

Activity: 485
Merit: 250
I had 7,723.34357532 CLOAK which i bought for very low and now they are worth so much. OMG.
Activity: 101
I just sent an email to the liquidator with links to the block explorer of my deposits there... lets see if I hear back, wish I had known to contact sooner

Did you get any answer? Just to understand if I'd lose my time to try the same.
I just received a reply today, I was instructed to fill out page 14 "proof of debt" form and return it to him

can you send me the contact of the liquidator to see how can I proof my debt??
there is other way to know what was my balances?

The email is [email protected] .. I told them I don't know the specific amount, but I still have the empty wallet.dat file that I used to send BTC to mintpal, so I added all that up and used that number ... then sent them the links to the transactions in the block explorer

Thank you! i'll send de email to what ca I do...
I just sent an email to the liquidator with links to the block explorer of my deposits there... lets see if I hear back, wish I had known to contact sooner

I just received a reply today, I was instructed to fill out page 14 "proof of debt" form and return it to him

The email is [email protected] .. I told them I don't know the specific amount, but I still have the empty wallet.dat file that I used to send BTC to mintpal, so I added all that up and used that number ... then sent them the links to the transactions in the block explorer
Activity: 101

Activity: 253
Merit: 100
unfair for those hackers huhuhuhuhuh this is serious
I hope all lost money will recover
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

Pages:
Jump to: