Pages:
Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 9. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 776
Merit: 536
So, I'm a bit late to the party, but I lost 7 BTC to mintpal apparently (only found out today ;_; )

Is there any way to recover any of it, or is just 7k down the drain?

long gone....
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
Kennedy was sentenced to two terms of four years and one of three years to all run consecutively.

11 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3724522/Vicious-sex-fiend-emotionally-controlled-three-women-raped-jailed-11-years.html

Fingers crossed it will be painful!

Only 11 years? And no accusations of stealing fund in btc and alts? I am afraid he will come out and withdraw the coins after a decade, he will make a fortune if bitcoin will be 5000 usd.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
So, I'm a bit late to the party, but I lost 7 BTC to mintpal apparently (only found out today ;_; )

Is there any way to recover any of it, or is just 7k down the drain?
Activity: 851
Merit: 1000
Do You Even Onion Bro?
YES I ALWAYS HAD A BIT OF HOPE TO GET MY COINS BACK  I LOST 31.600 BLACK COINS AND I LOST 7.68 BTC THE ONLY REASON I HAD THOSE COIN ON THERE I WAS SELLING MY BLACK COIN  FOR BTC AND ONCE I WAS DONE I WAS GOING TO TRANSFER THE BTC TO MY  WALLET WELL ONE THING  SINCE THEN MONEY HAS BEEN REALLY TIGHT AND HARD FOR  ME THAT WAS ALMOST EVERYTHING I HAD 2 YEAR LATER AND I STILL FEEL IT ...................BIG TIME  AND ONE YEAR LATER I WAS STARTING TO BUILD UP SOME AND THEN I GOT HACK GOOD THEY TOOK EVERYTHING  I FELT LIKE I SHOULD JUST STOP MINING  BUT I DID NOT I STILL HAVE HOPE TO MAKE IT SOME HOW TRUTH THIS HARD LIFE LESSON   NEVER GIVE UP KEEP TRYING I JUST WANTED MY CHILDREN TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE ............................................................................... .......[mod note: removed address]
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045
I get the feeling that all this thing with the rape accusation was too well orchestrated and not very well substantiated because most if not all of these women were in (pre-agreed) sadomasochistic relations with him.

So why was it done? If my paranoid self had to guess, I'd say the theft was probably government-ordered and this fool was just a convenient patsy. And then they unloaded on him all the rape charges and kept the coins.

Surely you didnt actually mean to publish your weird thought processes?  Roll Eyes

It feels too-damned manufactured.
legendary
Activity: 1554
I get the feeling that all this thing with the rape accusation was too well orchestrated and not very well substantiated because most if not all of these women were in (pre-agreed) sadomasochistic relations with him.

So why was it done? If my paranoid self had to guess, I'd say the theft was probably government-ordered and this fool was just a convenient patsy. And then they unloaded on him all the rape charges and kept the coins.

Surely you didnt actually mean to publish your weird thought processes?  Roll Eyes
legendary

legendary
Activity: 924
The first two, ok. Then we get to this:

"A third woman said she submitted to his unwanted sexual advances after he threatened to leave her if she did not have sex with him."

Eh? So he told her he'll leave her and she said ok (because I don't want you to leave me). How is that rape? Aren't women supposed to want to run away from their rapist instead of saying "please don't go mr. rapist, I'll do whatever you want".

Something doesn't add up.

The fact that he is a raging egitistic psychopath does not add up?
And yes there is a lot more to the story, but its not out in the public. This is to protect the girls in question.

The guy is a total nutbag and will hopefully never see daynight again. Other cases will soon enough come to light
legendary
The first two, ok. Then we get to this:

"A third woman said she submitted to his unwanted sexual advances after he threatened to leave her if she did not have sex with him."

Eh? So he told her he'll leave her and she said ok (because I don't want you to leave me). How is that rape? Aren't women supposed to want to run away from their rapist instead of saying "please don't go mr. rapist, I'll do whatever you want".

Something doesn't add up.
legendary
Kennedy was sentenced to two terms of four years and one of three years to all run consecutively.

11 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3724522/Vicious-sex-fiend-emotionally-controlled-three-women-raped-jailed-11-years.html

Fingers crossed it will be painful!
Activity: 292
Merit: 265
He is in jail and will stay there for a long time. Just got convicted of 3 counts of rape.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/ryan_kennedy_convicted_of_three_counts_of_rape_against_three_women/

I'm glad he got convicted for the women he raped.

It's not often I look at this thread. How is the court case about all the coins he stole from mintpal doing? It was years ago that he stole them, is he any closer to being convicted of it yet? He's not living homeless now he's in jail so the Syscoin team can locate him and move forward with their court case.

I can tell you the Syscoin team has not stopped in their pursuit of the coins which were stolen from our team (750BTC)...

The case is ongoing (been over a year now- we have not stopped) and Ryan is basically a vagrant now from the information we're aware of (living homeless). We are continuing to pursue him and will update the community when we have something more we can share...

Activity: 1
 DRK-1066
 URO-383
 VRC-6230

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Out of curiosity did anyone get any funds back at all? Even any alts?

In the immediate aftermath of Mintpal closing and before Moolah was exposed as a scammer, Mintpal was open for some alts to be withdrawn, and I managed to withdraw some RDD and others. But BTC was not open for withdrawal - it was supposed to follow. Then Moolah got exposed and nothing more happened. So if you had BTC or Litecoin in there, you lost it.

Really unfortunate, I transferred about 0.1 to give to my friends a few days before also, shame I didn't do all of my holdings on MP!

He is in jail and will stay there for a long time. Just got convicted of 3 counts of rape.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/ryan_kennedy_convicted_of_three_counts_of_rape_against_three_women/

Complete asshole, I hope it gets a lot worse for him.
legendary

Activity: 16
I had some blackcoin and a few other small alts in there, can't remember exactly anymore. Hopefully by the time the court case is wrapped up, there will be an opportunity for the public to retrieve some of their altcoins at least. I'll check back every few months or so.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

In the immediate aftermath of Mintpal closing and before Moolah was exposed as a scammer, Mintpal was open for some alts to be withdrawn, and I managed to withdraw some RDD and others. But BTC was not open for withdrawal - it was supposed to follow. Then Moolah got exposed and nothing more happened. So if you had BTC or Litecoin in there, you lost it.
Activity: 3
Is anybody following the case in the Gloucester court? Yesterday saw the 9th witness in the last 2 weeks.

It would be great if we had somebody in town to report on what is happening.
legendary
Teslacoin was able to recover most of it.

Well at least there is some good news.. I'm glad that thief is getting what he deserves now.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Teslacoin was able to recover most of it.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: