Pages:
Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 8. (Read 226849 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
 Angry I really don't understand why recovering coins from this asswipe is such an issue. I had 25 BTC on there, and someone has them....and I bet several people know exactly where they are....this wasn't some guy in his moms basement, and there are complete history records of everything that took place within that exchange...so he is in jail for 6 months, and when he gets out, he walks away with everyones coins? bullshit...
Activity: 4
I had 40 different coins on mintpal and 50 on cryptsy Cheesy valued at that time at 7btc on mintpal and 3 on cryptsy,but i have only my username and my email that i used at that time.
Can i do something with that in order to recover my coins ?!

In the same boat. Had over 2000 xc coin which I bought for pennies, which is now dash coin which will be worth 300k. Didn't think anything of it until all the cryptocurrency hype going on. Would love to be able to recover these coins but all I have is email and password. Surely someone has all our info and data. Is all hope lost?? 😞
Activity: 11
Same boat got about 2-3 btc worth. Any chance of recovering? Been over three years just thought I gave it a shot
Activity: 320
Merit: 101
Mai bine mort,decat asa de viu! *TM
I had 40 different coins on mintpal and 50 on cryptsy Cheesy valued at that time at 7btc on mintpal and 3 on cryptsy,but i have only my username and my email that i used at that time.
Can i do something with that in order to recover my coins ?!
Activity: 36
What's the status of this case? I messaged a couple of people about two years ago now but never got replies. I understand things are still ongoing case, but the value of these coins that are trapped are now quite high and I've reached a point where the money would be very useful to me right now. Is there anyone I can message to hopefully retrieve some of my coins? I definitely had 2-3 BTC worth of BTC and DRK, and I think some BLK (at the time).

Goxxed I think nobody will get anything back now
Are people getting their coins back now? I wonder what value they used - original or price at the time of loss.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
What's the status of this case? I messaged a couple of people about two years ago now but never got replies. I understand things are still ongoing case, but the value of these coins that are trapped are now quite high and I've reached a point where the money would be very useful to me right now. Is there anyone I can message to hopefully retrieve some of my coins? I definitely had 2-3 BTC worth of BTC and DRK, and I think some BLK (at the time).

Goxxed I think nobody will get anything back now
Activity: 16
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
I Dm'd Ferdous Bhai about it a few months ago and his response was "The mintpal V2 servers + Ryan's personal assets + money from bank are still seized by the UK police. That case is still ongoing. I'll follow up with the investigator early next week and get back to you!" I never did hear back from him, but I recently found out about the DASH boom... Let's just say I had a lot of DASH... I just dm'd him again and I'll let you know what he says.

This was the same status that I was appraised of (through different channels, as my team is also involved in suit against Ryan) so I believe it to still be the case. The UK authorities are holding the aforementioned assets as evidence. I only chime in because I'm part of the Syscoin team, from which Ryan stole 750BTC along with everyone else's Mintpal assets. We sued him following the theft and our case is also on hold as well (for over a year now) pending the fraud case outcome.

I wish your team success in recovering their stolen assets. Please keep us updated in case any major events happen in relation to your case.

I call to UK police in 2015 and http://www.actionfraud.police.uk, they said: "we know nothing about this case" or better "we don't know this case"

btw, If someone know where these all coins are in this moment, please PM to me (address or phone number or email directly to this place)  or please tell me how to take back my coins.

btw2, we (all scamed ppl) should create big community a long time ago in this case, make donation fund for lawer, take lawer a long time ago, and fix it a long time ago.
Activity: 7
I Dm'd Ferdous Bhai about it a few months ago and his response was "The mintpal V2 servers + Ryan's personal assets + money from bank are still seized by the UK police. That case is still ongoing. I'll follow up with the investigator early next week and get back to you!" I never did hear back from him, but I recently found out about the DASH boom... Let's just say I had a lot of DASH... I just dm'd him again and I'll let you know what he says.

This was the same status that I was appraised of (through different channels, as my team is also involved in suit against Ryan) so I believe it to still be the case. The UK authorities are holding the aforementioned assets as evidence. I only chime in because I'm part of the Syscoin team, from which Ryan stole 750BTC along with everyone else's Mintpal assets. We sued him following the theft and our case is also on hold as well (for over a year now) pending the fraud case outcome.

I wish your team success in recovering their stolen assets. Please keep us updated in case any major events happen in relation to your case.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

Seeing DASH (DRK back then) mooning right now makes me so angry. I remember finding about DRK and it seemed interesting to me, so I bought around 20 of them (can't seem to find my records from back then, so can't tell exactly).

I was able to find in some old KeePass database that I created the MintPal account on July 7, 2014 (https://i.imgur.com/UqFxBit.png). And I found through myactivity.google.com that I visited the BTC/DRK exchange page (mintpal.com/market/DRK/BTC) for the first time on June 30, 2014, and revisited the site consistently after that date (https://i.imgur.com/VQrbzxv.png).

Now my 20ish DRK are worth more than $2000, and possibly even more in the future. I just don't know why I didn't find about this thread until now. My guess is that at the time the value of DRK was so low I didn't consider it worth bothering over a couple of bucks. But now I wish I did.

I know it's not that much, but still. Is there anything I can do?

Looking forward to it. Thanks brother!
Activity: 25
Seeing DASH (DRK back then) mooning right now makes me so angry. I remember finding about DRK and it seemed interesting to me, so I bought around 20 of them (can't seem to find my records from back then, so can't tell exactly).

I was able to find in some old KeePass database that I created the MintPal account on July 7, 2014 (https://i.imgur.com/UqFxBit.png). And I found through myactivity.google.com that I visited the BTC/DRK exchange page (mintpal.com/market/DRK/BTC) for the first time on June 30, 2014, and revisited the site consistently after that date (https://i.imgur.com/VQrbzxv.png).

Now my 20ish DRK are worth more than $2000, and possibly even more in the future. I just don't know why I didn't find about this thread until now. My guess is that at the time the value of DRK was so low I didn't consider it worth bothering over a couple of bucks. But now I wish I did.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Seeing DASH at more than $100 each is so depressing. I know many people here were holding DASH when MintPal went down, myself included.

Has anyone had any luck in getting anything back at all? Just curious, I don't expect to.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
heh, I lost some coins on mintpal too, after btc, dash and other coins price increasing it's being not small amount
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
What would of happened to Alts held on mintpal such as darkcoin? I had just over 1000 dark, which at some point would of become dash... now being worth a decent amount of cash. I had initially tried to withdraw way back when that temporary site was up, but none of them ever came out.

At some point in the past their was bagholder if you could prove that the dash were part of your missing balance.
The rest of the coins though were lost and by the looks of the legal documents no progress was made since Hi-Tec posted so the latest liquidator's report is still dated 23 June 2016.

Wonder what Alex Green is up to now.
(Also wonder if this was true) Well at least it came back to him.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3724522/Vicious-sex-fiend-emotionally-controlled-three-women-raped-jailed-11-years.html
What would of happened to Alts held on mintpal such as darkcoin? I had just over 1000 dark, which at some point would of become dash... now being worth a decent amount of cash. I had initially tried to withdraw way back when that temporary site was up, but none of them ever came out.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
Maybe a bit late, but I am missing 83806 Blackcoins. Tried to withdraw them but I was too late, the proof is below....

How big is the chance of getting something back?

You could try contacting the liquidator liquidating Mintpal's assets. It appears to be still ongoing, so you might have a chance to get something back.

I posted this in dogecoin subreddit today:

I contacted the Insolvency Service about MooPay's case and was told this:

If any one has claims, they can contact the liquidator liquidating MooPay's assets to pay creditors (people who lost coins would be creditors in the bankruptcy context): Graham Stuart Wolloff (of Elwell Watchorn & Saxton, LLP - 1 East Poultry Ave, London EC1A9PT, United Kingdom) and/or Liam Alexander (same law firm).

Also, I was told if there were any concerns about the conduct of MooPay LTD or its officers, Mr. Brian Penn of the Receiver's Office could also be contacted ([email protected]).

Again, contact these people if you hope to receive anything from MooPay's assets. Contacting these folks would be IN ADDITION to contacting Action Fraud.

This is the latest liquidator's report dated 23 June 2016.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09009856/filing-history/MzE1MzA3NzYyNWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

The bottom of page 3 says the Mintpal liquidator has not started accepting claims from the majority of people owed money yet.

Any new liquidator reports should be posted here.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09009856/filing-history
Maybe a bit late, but I am missing 83806 Blackcoins. Tried to withdraw them but I was too late, the proof is below....

How big is the chance of getting something back?

https://www.mupload.nl/img/eq6w8mwhrf6qj.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
So, I'm a bit late to the party, but I lost 7 BTC to mintpal apparently (only found out today ;_; )

Is there any way to recover any of it, or is just 7k down the drain?

You must be playing with us (one post account is highly suspect). You didn't have 7 bitcoins in Mintpal and forget about them for over two years. Come on.

Pages:
Jump to: