Pages:
Author

Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 move to a new thread - page 10. (Read 317677 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 20, 2020, 11:53:30 AM
You are absolutely misinformed by Telegram.
We tried to reach the consensus. Mebagger was answering my PM, he was given an access to private repo of MooncoinCommunity Github before the release, it looked like he agreed that it should be released immediately to fix issues with 0.13 wallet, that is why I posted 'Mebagger2 and ChekaZ...',
but suddenly he stopped answering my PM at the beginning of February.

If you remember, I personally invited Mebagger to help our community in 2018, because he was a tech person, though not a blockchain expert. Polemarhos sent Mooncoincore Github credentials to him.
2 years of no progress, now it is time to make the step. ChekaZ is a blockchain expert, not only a tech person.
What I do not understand, why release outdated 0.17 now, when all services updated, why confuse people?
What for? Yes, if you spent time, it's appreciated by the community, but now it is 0.18.1.L with SmartLikes.

Edit: regarding security, if there are security issues with 0.18, obviously they could be reported and fixed.
However, it is more likely that 0.17 is less secure. Previous works, level of knowledge really matter in blockchain development.

Thank you for your answer. People are a little bit confused in this moment. The only thing that can shed some light on this confusion is the proof that 0.18 or 0.17 versions are ok. Are these versions checked/audited by a third party?
Activity: 9
February 20, 2020, 10:41:27 AM
0.13 and 0.18 are on the same chain, 0.17 is forked.

Anyone got addnode info for 0.17 as it disconnects all 0.13 and 0.18 peers?

Trying to make sense of things, anyway, my coins have just doubled  Grin
Activity: 1022
Merit: 550
Mooncoin at Bitcointalk
February 20, 2020, 10:02:23 AM
You are absolutely misinformed by Telegram.
We tried to reach the consensus. Mebagger was answering my PM, he was given an access to private repo of MooncoinCommunity Github before the release, it looked like he agreed that it should be released immediately to fix issues with 0.13 wallet, that is why I posted 'Mebagger2 and ChekaZ...',
but suddenly he stopped answering my PM at the beginning of February.

If you remember, I personally invited Mebagger to help our community in 2018, because he was a tech person, though not a blockchain expert. Polemarhos sent Mooncoincore Github credentials to him.
2 years of no progress, now it is time to make the step. ChekaZ is a blockchain expert, not only a tech person.
What I do not understand, why release outdated 0.17 now, when all services updated, why confuse people?
What for? Yes, if you spent time, it's appreciated by the community, but now it is 0.18.1.L with SmartLikes.

Edit: regarding security, if there are security issues with 0.18, obviously they could be reported and fixed.
However, it is more likely that 0.17 is less secure. Previous works, level of knowledge really matter in blockchain development.
February 20, 2020, 08:05:50 AM
Also, I prefer a discussion between the basic members of Core Team and Bitcoin Talk Team. I believe that there is a solution for every case and issue. 

Dear Polhemaros,
due to the last happenings, all the investors pretend CLARITY and TRANSPARENCY, don't you think?
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
To The Moon !
February 20, 2020, 08:00:44 AM
It is very important for the community to update to the 0.18 version.
It was created, tested and released to solve several issues in the best interests of Mooncoin users and all investors,
also it contains MoonWord and SmartLikes, interesting features that will be just the beginning, but the community has been waiting for this beginning for several years. It is good timing to make this step.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to use only 0.18.1version after the block 1,801,000,
but much better would be to update before the block.
How to update? Copy your wallet.dat to a SD or USB card for additional safety, after that download and open the 0.18.1.L wallet from MooncoinCommunity Github directory and let it sync. That is all you have to do to update your wallet.

After a long discussion this morning with devs and administrators of Telegram Group, I am posting here the conclusions and I would like to know the thought of the bitcoin talk community on these topics:

1. The last release 0.17 fixed once and for all a lot of issues arising from 7 years of alternating development and is focused on security.
2. The community of Telegram Group - the Mooncoin Core Team - already illustrated their plans to the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community.
3. They are not against Moonword and Smartlikes features, but they have to be implemented after fixing all other necessary issues.
4. I have asked directly why they don't want a collaboration with you and they replied that is rather the opposite situation, that the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community prefers to run alone.

So I ask you: why? it shouldn't be better to gather all the forces and collaborate for a common cause? Do you think that divisions will help?

In the meanwhile I would prefer not to download any wallet until clouds are cleared.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Have a nice day.

Luigi

Also, I prefer a discussion between the basic members of Core Team and Bitcoin Talk Team. I believe that there is a solution for every case and issue. 
February 20, 2020, 07:38:36 AM
It was created, tested and released to solve several issues in the best interests of Mooncoin users and all investors,
also it contains MoonWord and SmartLikes, interesting features that will be just the beginning, but the community has been waiting for this beginning for several years. It is good timing to make this step.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to use only 0.18.1version after the block 1,801,000,
How to update? Copy your wallet.dat to a SD or USB card for additional safety, after that download and open the 0.18.1.L wallet from MooncoinCommunity Github directory and let it sync. That is all you have to do to update your wallet.

After a long discussion this morning with devs and administrators of Telegram Group, I am posting here the conclusions and I would like to know the thought of the bitcoin talk community on these topics:

1. The last release 0.17 fixed once and for all a lot of issues arising from 7 years of alternating development and is focused on security.
2. The community of Telegram Group - the Mooncoin Core Team - already illustrated their plans to the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community.
3. They are not against Moonword and Smartlikes features, but they have to be implemented after fixing all other necessary issues.
4. I have asked directly why they don't want a collaboration with you and they replied that is rather the opposite situation, that the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community prefers to run alone.

So I ask you: why? it shouldn't be better to gather all the forces and collaborate for a common cause? Do you think that divisions will help?

In the meanwhile I would prefer not to download any wallet until clouds are cleared.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Have a nice day.

Luigi
February 20, 2020, 05:39:42 AM

Good morning everybody.
The morning, as investor, I dedicated some time to express my perplexity on the Telegram group about the double release of these days: on one hand the new 0.18 version announced here,  that includes Moonword and SmartLikes, features desired from the community since longtime, along with some "stop" for the 62B stolen coins; on the other hand the release 0.17, from the Mooncoin Core Community.
I have said there that, in my humble opinion, it should be great to work together, instead of battling, for the growth of our beloved alt coin, but today this seems impossible. Michi and Mebagger, the two devs, told me that they spend a lot of time debugging the code for security issues and fixed a lot of problems, while the new version released by Chekaz is not secure.
I am not a dev, only an investor, and I openly ask you: what I have to do? Which team I have to trust? In this moment, I am taking out all my funds from exchanges, putting them in paper wallets and I will be watching...
Many thanks for your answer.

Luigi
Mooncoin at Bitcointalk
February 19, 2020, 04:56:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
February 19, 2020, 04:17:49 PM
Approximate 2 Days before the HardFork occurs on Block 1.801.000

Please update your wallets to the newest 0.18.1.L Version.

https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet/releases/tag/0.18.1.L

All OS are available ( Windows, Mac, Linux)

Nearly all services have upgraded, so we are good to go.
Activity: 64
Merit: 3
February 16, 2020, 06:41:58 AM
at first glance these lists look different:

https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet/blob/0.18/src/validation.cpp#L573

vs

https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet/blob/6b15acc3981478cfa7a6e8e0df68236af2f0cb9e/src/main.cpp#L1160

It could just be sorting,  I haven't pulled it out to check.   

The original code for this didn't work, as everyone knows.   Perhaps the new way does and these are the inputs of what was sent to the old mooncoin dev?    If so, wouldn't it just be easier to burn those if possible?

- Mike
Activity: 64
Merit: 3
February 16, 2020, 05:32:03 AM
This is how i was informed:

I was unaware of any fork OR update. The first I heard about this was when somebody who himself said in our main exchange group:  

"Iam not affiliated with Moon, Ive just updated their code according to the communtiy request.
I'll just update you guys that a HardFork is upcoming and it would be great if you could update."

From there he insisted we update and he began private messaging me asking us to do so.

Then he made a threat to post something on BTCT about our delisting policy (for whatever reason that was). At that point i blocked him from messaging me.

So put yourself in my shoes.  You tell me.  Would you take the word of somebody you dont know, who came into your public group wanting you to update a wallet
on your exchange who has no altilly account or actual affiliation with mooncoin and who then tried to threaten you with posting something negative on Bitcointalk
and was trying to push you very hard to update?

If you come up with such statements you should include the whole situation. - I came up to your Telegram group and asked friendly "I would like to notify you that a new Mooncoin release is upcoming which introduces a HardFork. To avoid any complications/loss of funds/landing on an orphan chain, it would be great if you could update"

After 2 days I asked again kindly if someone has taken a look and how the situation looks. - Your channel Admin said that I should submit a ticket. ( Iam not registered at your exchange, which I told him ) I said its just a friendly reminder again ( As I know that pools and exchanges would like to get notified before a Fork happens to avoid any bad situations.) He just answered "We just delist then. Thank you for your reminder" - Got muted afterwards from your Altilly Telegram & all my messages got deleted*

I also think that the community should know about such an behavior of an exchange, threatening came from your "Admin" with the delisting. - As you said he is only a Telegram Admin, but I couldnt know that.

Iam just here trying to get a new stable release out for Moon, which fixes some stuff on the codebase as well as introducing a new feature LIKES. I always linked to the official Bitcointalk, not posting any random links to have you a look at.

I also offered my help with any questions that may come up during that process.

I hope we can clear out any problems and move on from here.

At Altilly we are always skeptical of anybody trying to push an update that doesn't come from the repo we originally built our current wallets on.   

This is definitely a better place to discuss/argue about this hard fork, than in the Altilly telegram room.   Especially trying to get users to upgrade to an alternate wallet that we haven't even reviewed yet.

What I don't want to see is two mooncoin chains.   

What I do want to see is a more stable chain, which the main moon team has been "working on" a new update for awhile.   

I will be talking to both teams to see what direction Altilly should take.    Obviously this decision needs to be soon, as we don't have that many blocks to go until the fork.

- Mike
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
To The Moon !
February 16, 2020, 04:34:23 AM
To all Mooncoin supporters:
we can discuss problems here, transparently.
There is no possibility to ban anyone here.
If you have arguments, questions, ideas, just share them with the community and receive feedbacks.
If you believe that you are right, then post and share your opinion, however, be ready that it could be wrong, if someone is able to prove that it is wrong.
If you believe that you are absolutely good and are not ready to listen to opinions of people even if they are experts, then probably Bitcointalk is not right place for you. Then you can start your channel somewhere and ban everyone who does not agree with you. It is simple, however, what for?

Regarding Altilly exchange, in my opinion, this exchange looks like a good place for trading Mooncoin.
Currently, after 2 years of development stagnation, Mooncoin market is quite small, but we all remember Bleutrade, they made a name with Mooncoin in 2017, it was very big trading volume. After update to 0.18.1.L with smart Likes (by the way, SL could be launched even in the first half of 2018, if we would have ChekaZ on board then), investors will begin to return to MOON, and they will look for a normal exchange to buy coins.

I agree with your opinion. Also, investors need consistency.
Mooncoin at Bitcointalk
February 15, 2020, 08:12:31 PM
To all Mooncoin supporters:
we can discuss problems here, transparently.
There is no possibility to ban anyone here.
If you have arguments, questions, ideas, just share them with the community and receive feedbacks.
If you believe that you are right, then post and share your opinion, however, be ready that it could be wrong, if someone is able to prove that it is wrong.
If you believe that you are absolutely good and are not ready to listen to opinions of people even if they are experts, then probably Bitcointalk is not right place for you. Then you can start your channel somewhere and ban everyone who does not agree with you. It is simple, however, what for?

Regarding Altilly exchange, in my opinion, this exchange looks like a good place for trading Mooncoin.
Currently, after 2 years of development stagnation, Mooncoin market is quite small, but we all remember Bleutrade, they made a name with Mooncoin in 2017, it was very big trading volume. After update to 0.18.1.L with smart Likes (by the way, SL could be launched even in the first half of 2018, if we would have ChekaZ on board then), investors will begin to return to MOON, and they will look for a normal exchange to buy coins.
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
February 15, 2020, 06:58:28 PM

I was unaware of any fork OR update. The first I heard about this was when somebody who himself said in our main exchange group:  

"Iam not affiliated with Moon, Ive just updated their code according to the communtiy request.
I'll just update you guys that a HardFork is upcoming and it would be great if you could update."

From there he insisted we update and he began private messaging me asking us to do so.

Then he made a threat to post something on BTCT about our delisting policy (for whatever reason that was). At that point i blocked him from messaging me.

So put yourself in my shoes.  You tell me.  Would you take the word of somebody you dont know, who came into your public group wanting you to update a wallet
on your exchange who has no altilly account or actual affiliation with mooncoin and who then tried to threaten you with posting something negative on Bitcointalk

If you come up with such statements you should include the whole situation. - I came up to your Telegram group and asked friendly "I would like to notify you that a new Mooncoin release is upcoming which introduces a HardFork. To avoid any complications/loss of funds/landing on an orphan chain, it would be great if you could update"

After 2 days I asked again kindly if someone has taken a look and how the situation looks. - Your channel Admin said that I should submit a ticket. ( Iam not registered at your exchange, which I told him ) I said its just a friendly reminder again ( As I know that pools and exchanges would like to get notified before a Fork happens to avoid any bad situations.) He just answered "We just delist then. Thank you for your reminder" - Got muted afterwards from your Altilly Telegram & all my messages got deleted*

I also think that the community should know about such an behavior of an exchange, threatening came from your "Admin" with the delisting. - As you said he is only a Telegram Admin, but I couldnt know that.

Iam just here trying to get a new stable release out for Moon, which fixes some stuff on the codebase as well as introducing a new feature LIKES. I always linked to the official Bitcointalk, not posting any random links to have you a look at.

I also offered my help with any questions that may come up during that process.

I hope we can clear out any problems and move on from here.
Mooncoin at Bitcointalk
February 15, 2020, 06:54:16 PM

Thank you for the answer.
Yes, Mooncoin community invites devs, since 2014 when the original dev of Mooncoin disappeared.
Any dev or team can come and we say to them 'you are welcome'.
But obviously the community has a right to defend itself and interests of investors,
for example, in case if during 1-2 years there is absolutely no progress, and the current wallet is full with issues, and time passes and no one cares about it.

Edit: of course, tech experts often live in their own world, but the most important thing here is not whether they are friendly or not, whether they are ready to make a selfie with ID or not - to confirm their identity,
anyway a code usually goes 'As is', the most important thing is reputation of dev, his previous works, feedback from other experts, and his experience and level of knowledge, and finally whether you will or will not get issues with the code.
legendary
Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010
February 15, 2020, 06:08:53 PM
Iam happy to announce the new 0.18.1.L Mooncoin codebase.

This version comes with the new feature LIKES as well as a whole new codebase based on Litecoin 0.18.1. - This version has several improvements over the old 0.13.9.

The 0.18.1.L release is a mandatory upgrade, the HardFork Block is set to 1.801.000 until then 0.13 and 0.18 wallets are compatible, afterwards only 0.18 will be accepted by the network.

Source: https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet

Default branch is set to 0.18 which is the newest version available for Moon.

Release has been drafted, all binaries are available ( Linux 32/64bit, Windows 32/64bit, MacOS )

Kind regard,
ChekaZ

Just a note from Altilly Exchange:  We will not be installing this wallet as an update at this time as it was created by an unknown person we know nothing about.  
We have not been informed of this update by Mark and we value the mooncoin community and have always supported it from day one. Installing an unknown update that
could contain malicious coding would not be a wise choice.  

We are waiting to hear an official announcement from Mark or the Mooncoin Team about this before proceeding.  
I highly suggest everyone do the same.

Chuck Naughton - Altilly Customer Service Manager / Listing Manager

Dear Chuck,
M.Osullivan contacted me at this forum to list Mooncoin at Altilly Exchange, considering that what I posted in Telegram you said that it represents nothing to you.

View Profile  WWW  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Mooncoin exchange listing
« Sent to: agswinner on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:26 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
Greetings agswinner,

The use Mooncoin_Foundation pointed me towards you.
I see mooncoin is an active community that isn't listed at many places and I would like to list you on our exchannge.
A couplet days ago we opened up a public beta on our exchange at www.altilly.com and are looking for coins with communities such as yours to add to our trading markets.
Basically the kinds of coin communities that we are looking to start with have the following qualities:
- A dev or community leader who is active in the forums, discord, etc.
- A coin that is only listed at a handful of exchanges and a community that is seeking to be listed at more exchanges
- A coin that is NOT an ICO, and has been around awhile.
If you guys are interested, then you can find me on telegram: "MrMike_O" or you can reply here.
MikeO”

I informed MIchael at Telegram Channel about new codebase but strangely he hasn't answered me yet...

About unknown person, ChecaZ is a great dev with great skill (CEO of Coinkit.de, and founder of Trezarcoin) which is involved in the Moon community to carry out our ideas for eexempla Moonword and Smart Likes.
Mooncoin comunity is waiting for these features  since 2017.
As a main investor and supporter, as well as an Altilly user, I would like to know if I should leave my funds with Altilly exchange.

Yes, Altilly will continue to support mooncoin.
However, we are waiting for an official announcement from Mark before proceeding to update our wallets.
This is for security reasons which im sure you can understand.

It looks like you are misinformed about this update and about the situation with Mooncoin development.

Mark is just a closed Telegram channel administrator .. he is not an official technician developer . Maybe Altilly want some fee to audit the new Wallet?
copper member
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
Hodler Enterprises
February 15, 2020, 05:25:25 PM

This version comes with the new feature LIKES as well as a whole new codebase based on Litecoin 0.18.1. - This version has several improvements over the old 0.13.9.

The 0.18.1.L release is a mandatory upgrade, the HardFork Block is set to 1.801.000 until then 0.13 and 0.18 wallets are compatible, afterwards only 0.18 will be accepted by the network.

Release has been drafted, all binaries are available ( Linux 32/64bit, Windows 32/64bit, MacOS )

Kind regard,
ChekaZ

Just a note from Altilly Exchange:  We will not be installing this wallet as an update at this time as it was created by an unknown person we know nothing about.  
We have not been informed of this update by Mark and we value the mooncoin community and have always supported it from day one. Installing an unknown update that

We are waiting to hear an official announcement from Mark or the Mooncoin Team about this before proceeding.  

Dear Chuck,
M.Osullivan contacted me at this forum to list Mooncoin at Altilly Exchange, considering that what I posted in Telegram you said that it represents nothing to you.

Greetings agswinner,

I see mooncoin is an active community that isn't listed at many places and I would like to list you on our exchannge.
A couplet days ago we opened up a public beta on our exchange at www.altilly.com and are looking for coins with communities such as yours to add to our trading markets.
Basically the kinds of coin communities that we are looking to start with have the following qualities:
- A coin that is only listed at a handful of exchanges and a community that is seeking to be listed at more exchanges
If you guys are interested, then you can find me on telegram: "MrMike_O" or you can reply here.
MikeO”

I informed MIchael at Telegram Channel about new codebase but strangely he hasn't answered me yet...

About unknown person, ChecaZ is a great dev with great skill (CEO of Coinkit.de, and founder of Trezarcoin) which is involved in the Moon community to carry out our ideas for eexempla Moonword and Smart Likes.
As a main investor and supporter, as well as an Altilly user, I would like to know if I should leave my funds with Altilly exchange.

However, we are waiting for an official announcement from Mark before proceeding to update our wallets.

It looks like you are misinformed about this update and about the situation with Mooncoin development.

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk
February 15, 2020, 03:08:30 PM

Kind regard,
ChekaZ

Dear Chuck,

Greetings agswinner,

MikeO”

copper member
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
Hodler Enterprises
February 15, 2020, 02:28:23 PM

Kind regard,
ChekaZ

Dear Chuck,

Greetings agswinner,

MikeO”

legendary
Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010
February 15, 2020, 12:34:55 PM

Kind regard,
ChekaZ

Dear Chuck,

View Profile  WWW  Personal Message (Offline)
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Greetings agswinner,

MikeO”

Mooncoin comunity is waiting for these features  since 2017.
Pages:
Jump to: