Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 11. (Read 23154 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
MWD,

I've had it installed since last Friday, but have probably only mined for 3-4 hours total.

My hash rate is 13.00 H/sec and there's a pending balance of .0361xxxx.

Update: It's up to 36.00 H/sec and still increasing. We're rolling now.

What processor?
A top range 8core AMD FX or 4core/8threads intel can make about 400h/s.
A low/middle graphics card can do also 150-250h/s.
Anyway send your address to MWD64, to send you the 1 BIP he owns me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16798720   Grin

I run an Acer Aspire (M) laptop. The processor is the Intel Core i5-4200 @ 1.60GHz.

That highest hash rate I've is around 40, and then the Command Prompt will close itself; which kind of negates mining while asleep.

When I get a chance, I'm going to run through the tutorial again and see if I made a mistake creating the shortcut or something.

If you OPEN your mining program trough CMD, you should see the error of why it's not running. Do you know how to do that?

What mining program are you using, and are you on 64 bit or 32 bit windows (must be 64, but just checking)? And what Windows, Win 10, 7, Vista, 3.1, what? Need more info, people always do when giving tech support.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
MWD,

I've had it installed since last Friday, but have probably only mined for 3-4 hours total.

What processor?
A top range 8core AMD FX or 4core/8threads intel can make about 400h/s.
Anyway send your address to MWD64, to send you the 1 BIP he owns me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16798720   Grin

I run an Acer Aspire (M) laptop. The processor is the Intel Core i5-4200 @ 1.60GHz.

That highest hash rate I've is around 40, and then the Command Prompt will close itself; which kind of negates mining while asleep.

When I get a chance, I'm going to run through the tutorial again and see if I made a mistake creating the shortcut or something.
BipCoin in top-of-the-hour radio updates along with gold, silver and Bitcoin. lol.

On Saturday, Libertarian Party presidential candidate Darryl Perry (Darryl is shown speaking in the debates here in a C-SPAN video), added in BipCoin to the top-of-hour updates on Liberty Radio Network (includes Freedom Feens and Free Talk Live.) Basically he did it on a dare from me, but he’s also a fan of BipCoin and he mines BipCoin.

Audio here. https://bipcoin.org/?p=1745

Owes? or Owns? You put "owns."

So am I buying you for one bip to be paid to a third party?

Nice. I've never owned a human before.  Cheesy

MWD
Cats are powerful...  Cheesy
But don't be picky. You owe me 1 kitty.

I like calling a BipCoin a "kitty." Will add into the FAQ.

Anyway send your address to MWD64, to send you the 1 BIP he owns me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16798720   Grin

Nice. I've never owned a human before.  Cheesy

MWD
Cats are powerful...  Cheesy

lol.

I don't know that I "owe" it, I offered it, but give me the address you want it sent to.

Worms! (not calling you a worm, it's a Freedom Feens reference.)
MWD
Activity: 352

MWD
Cats are powerful...  Cheesy

MWD
Activity: 352
MWD,

What processor?
A top range 8core AMD FX or 4core/8threads intel can make about 300h/s.
Anyway send your address to MWD64, to send you the 1 BIP he owns me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16798720   Grin
BipCoin market cap is 277 out of 640 top coins, and rising.   Woot! (This says more about how crappy many coins are more than how great BipCoin is yet, but keep watching this. Will be an interesting ride.)

Bookmark and follow here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

cool. Let us know when you get some. Also, it's still 2cents on Cryptopia if you want to buy some. was nearly 4 cents the other day, and I assume it may go up again. (Not a guarantee, and I'm not the one selling. I'm holding mine.)
I just got into cryptocurrencies in the past few months and the process of simply understanding them has been overwhelming--quite a learning curve.

That said, I began to get interested in BipCoin and found the tutorial on their website explaining how to mine it. A quick skim-through made it seem overwhelming, but the tutorial was expansive and extremely detailed.

Not having any understanding of "mining" or CLI (command line interface), I decided to give it a shot...and, within an hour, I was mining BipCoin.

Just one tip that might even bring down the the installation time: read two or three steps ahead before proceeding with the current one if you become confused at any point. That should eliminate any confusion or issues you may come across--at least it did for me.

Even if BipCoin never takes off, I am thankful of the creator(s) and the experience. Reason being, it introduced me to mining, furthered my understanding of computer programming and cryptocurrencies, and, well, kitties.

I highly recommend you give BipCoin a chance.

Thanks man. This is one goal of ours, to bring people to cryptos who've never used them.

I actually write tech books for a living, so I can do it in my sleep. But I'm trying even harder with BipCoin tutorials to make them work for people who've never done any of it. Even with things as simple as putting
"CLI (command line interface)"
the first time I put "CLI" instead of just saying "CLI."
Most coins assume people already know that stuff, which can be offputting.

How long have you mined, what's your hash rate and have you mined any yet?

Because we've had a few days of very high hash rates, probably pro miners speculating for a few days to suck up a bunch of coins. I'm assuming they'll move on to other coins sooner or later. Because I think they're spending more money on hash power rental than the BipCoin they're mining is worth at current rate.  lol.

Anyway, that does make it harder to pool mine (and WAY impossible to solo mine. But I think we're past solo mining working on BipCoin for good, even if these folks move on).

MWD

MWD,

slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
Can anyone help me figure out why the BipCoin daemon does not want to accept any of my RPC calls?  Huh

Input:
Code:
curl xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx/json_rpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"test","method":"f_blocks_list_json","params":{"height":52144}}'

Output:
Code:
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"},"id":"test","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Hey,
The block explorer only works with Forknote, because it needs additional RPC.
If you dont want to use Forknote you can add the code from here to the original BipCoin code:
https://github.com/forknote/cryptonote-generator/blob/81ddb7c5ecafda08a44787913000512eb04c0af2/extensions/blockchain-explorer.json
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Can anyone help me figure out why the BipCoin daemon does not want to accept any of my RPC calls?  Huh

Input:
Code:
curl xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx/json_rpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"test","method":"f_blocks_list_json","params":{"height":52144}}'

Output:
Code:
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"},"id":"test","jsonrpc":"2.0"}
I just got into cryptocurrencies in the past few months and the process of simply understanding them has been overwhelming--quite a learning curve.

That said, I began to get interested in BipCoin and found the tutorial on their website explaining how to mine it. A quick skim-through made it seem overwhelming, but the tutorial was expansive and extremely detailed.

Not having any understanding of "mining" or CLI (command line interface), I decided to give it a shot...and, within an hour, I was mining BipCoin.

Just one tip that might even bring down the the installation time: read two or three steps ahead before proceeding with the current one if you become confused at any point. That should eliminate any confusion or issues you may come across--at least it did for me.

Even if BipCoin never takes off, I am thankful of the creator(s) and the experience. Reason being, it introduced me to mining, furthered my understanding of computer programming and cryptocurrencies, and, well, kitties.

Thanks man. This is one goal of ours, to bring people to cryptos who've never used them.

I actually write tech books for a living, so I can do it in my sleep. But I'm trying even harder with BipCoin tutorials to make them work for people who've never done any of it. Even with things as simple as putting
"CLI (command line interface)"
the first time I put "CLI" instead of just saying "CLI."
Most coins assume people already know that stuff, which can be offputting.

How long have you mined, what's your hash rate and have you mined any yet?

Because we've had a few days of very high hash rates, probably pro miners speculating for a few days to suck up a bunch of coins. I'm assuming they'll move on to other coins sooner or later. Because I think they're spending more money on hash power rental than the BipCoin they're mining is worth at current rate.  lol.

Anyway, that does make it harder to pool mine (and WAY impossible to solo mine. But I think we're past solo mining working on BipCoin for good, even if these folks move on).

MWD

MWD I'm making a pool for BipCoin. Can you share how you got the block explorer working? My pool is working but no blocks are showing up in the explorer.

I'm using the same one from the ForkNote github. I've messed around with some stuff to get the JSON RPC working with the daemon and I'm receiving "VM83:53 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'blocks' of undefined(…)" in the JS console.

My address:
Code:
bip1qx5bZS1FiVxBS8VjzyHuTRvk4HiRWC3EF8rDMZReB8RVoFumvqSJLqqWoTQoFHNTQ3cZ5vsJeLg6mzmy9Cc93b8sKdW1UM

sent. Worked perfectly with that code. Nice to know from the person who posted it, Nik4691.
Hey Nik4691, post your address, I'll send you a bip.

Neptunium's website isn't Wordpress but Subrion. It's a good CMS.

ah. That explains why it looks better than my websites. lol.

MWD

Neptunium is long dead and gone my friend. Sad

what happened and how long after launch was it dead? I am always willing to learn from the mistakes of others, especially people who are so forthright about it. I like that.  I even have a segment on my radio show called "I WAS WRONG!" where I correct things I said wrong in other episodes.

MWD

I was the only one really working on it so with my limited knowledge of programming I faced a lot of issues that took long to fix. I was also busy and was not able to dedicate as much time as I should have. Perhaps the greatest factor was the fact that almost no smaller exchanges supported Cryptonote and Neptunium was never able to see an exchange. Cryptopia offered us a place until they saw we were Cryptonote but I'm happy to see they now support the platform.
Pages:
Jump to: