Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 9. (Read 23154 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Someone just wrote me panicking because BipCoin's blocks aren't going up every two minutes, but slower.
It's fine. Read this, here, from our "Download & How To" page:
=-=-=-=-=-

The block height goes up one block every two minutes under normal conditions. But the block emission rate will speed up (less than two minutes between blocks) for a little while when the hash rate is rising. And it will slow down (more than two minutes between blocks) for a little while when the hash rate is falling. This is true of most CryptoNote coins.

1h for a block Huh
https://s15.postimg.org/3wi5e0mi3/Screenshot_9_11_2016_7_27_43_POOL.png
Dear montas101,
There is no problem with the blockchain or the pools.
Someone mined with Great hash rate, over 40K and this made the difficulty to raise also the network hash.
Unfortunately he cut the hash rate so now the blockchain must adjust the difficulty.
this means that in few hours we will be in the normal situation.

Dear atithasos,
let me get straight....you telling me that if YOU rent a hashpower from nicehash and the (block) did that to you,what will YOU SAY TO YOUR SELF Huh
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Someone just wrote me panicking because BipCoin's blocks aren't going up every two minutes, but slower.
=-=-=-=-=-

The block height goes up one block every two minutes under normal conditions. But the block emission rate will speed up (less than two minutes between blocks) for a little while when the hash rate is rising. And it will slow down (more than two minutes between blocks) for a little while when the hash rate is falling. This is true of most CryptoNote coins.

1h for a block Huh
Dear montas101,
There is no problem with the blockchain or the pools.
Someone mined with Great hash rate, over 40K and this made the difficulty to raise also the network hash.
Unfortunately he cut the hash rate so now the blockchain must adjust the difficulty.
this means that in few hours we will be in the normal situation.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
=-=-=-=-=-

1h for a block Huh
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
=-=-=-=-=-

Activity: 196
it is the config in the forknote/configs

before your pull request
and forknote pool

Strange how it won't work for my pool. Are you getting the "Failed to validate block" in your daemon as well?
it is the config in the forknote/configs

before your pull request
and forknote pool
I am also running bipcoin.conf and i have not any problems...

With forknote? And you are able to properly sync to the main blockchain?

Mind sharing your bipcoin.conf if it is any different?
I am also running bipcoin.conf and i have not any problems...
I've updated bipcoin.conf for Forknote to work with Bipcoin. Feel free to correct me if anything is still wrong.

https://github.com/forknote/configs/pull/3/commits/2fe5d899cfaf49ea5d0c76ef191e1ec05af3b733

UPDATE: My daemon is receiving errors like this:
Code:
WARNING Failed to validate block 640f77bc5565fba4b206d290f349b56712a38413f96ad3fe2cbe2e889cf3de3d: Wrong block version

It seems I am running a separate blockchain. Is there something wrong with bipcoin.conf?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How many coins per block?

goes down a tiny bit every block, last block was 8.579714818504

http://democats.org/blockchain/?name=bipcoin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Hey, you have two BipNodes, right? can you post or send me the IPs again? I'm keeping a list.

Thank you for your service!
MWD

werdwerd.us:18870
172.245.191.237:18870

good enough.   that is why i love crypto. lol

nice. It is a great time to be alive, no?

Follow our Twitter if you'd like. We don't tweet a lot there (1-3 a day), but when we do, it's news about BipCoin.
https://twitter.com/BipCoinOfficial

thanks man!
MWD
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
monero is going to hide transaction amount in few months.

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin

I doubt it. We've got other plans and priorities.

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a licene Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply.)

But we do have a plan for one thing, but we will announce it when we implement it. Something no CryptoNote is doing, and something very useful.

Thank you for stopping by. We hope you'll try mining and trading some Bips.

MWD

tks man.

hope we will see that feature very soon.

any hint what it is about?

Nope. But it's futile to wonder. All coins promise "we're going to change the world!" few do (Monero does.)

Pretend BipCoin dev plans with "this cool new thing we have planned!" is all talk until maybe it surprises you one day. lol!

good enough.   that is why i love crypto. lol

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a licene Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply.)

But we do have a plan for one thing, but we will announce it when we implement it. Something no CryptoNote is doing, and something very useful.

MWD

tks man.

Nope. But it's futile to wonder. All coins promise "we're going to change the world!" few do (Monero does.)

Pretend BipCoin dev plans with "this cool new thing we have planned!" is all talk until maybe it surprises you one day. lol!
legendary

Grin

MWD

tks man.

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a license Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply, and more than one joke.)

MWD
If I wasted hours of your time that's your problem.

If we give of our time to give one-on-one support to help people who want help, we have a problem?

You insult the dev team of a coin you want to run a pool for, and want the devs to promote your pool??

oh man. good luck with this. You're going to need it.
lolz.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm not insulting anyone, you are. Just to make it clear, I wanted to run a pool out of interest for the coin and cryptonote. It doesn't hurt me one bit if you won't support my pool, I just won't run one. Nobody wasted "hours" of your time but yourself.

One of our team members helped you today, right?
And don't blame him on this because someone else set up a pool from his instructions and it works great.
It's computing 101 to test things before announcing them.

When did I ever blame someone? I did not receive any "instructions" besides that I can use forknote for my RPC server. Yes, should have tested it first, but you are getting way too upset over a mining pool that won't work.

If you're looking for something to blame look at your own strange code with no documentation. Missing RPC support, no genesis chain in CryptoNoteConfig.h. I's a bit of a hassle for someone to figure out what your team did with no explanation.
legendary

Grin

If we give of our time to give one-on-one support to help people who want help, we have a problem?

You insult the dev team of a coin you want to run a pool for, and want the devs to promote your pool??

I'm not insulting anyone, you are. Just to make it clear, I wanted to run a pool out of interest for the coin and cryptonote. It doesn't hurt me one bit if you won't support my pool, I just won't run one. Nobody wasted "hours" of your time but yourself.

One of our team members, slb, helped you today, right?
And don't blame this on him because someone else set up a pool from his instructions and it works great.
It's computing 101 to test things and work out the bugs before announcing them.

I'm not insulting you when saying "It's no surprise your coin failed, since this is how you do things." It's not ad hominem if it's true.

I just think you'd be doing more for yourself and this coin if you mined on one of the working pools. I don't think you're ready for this. And if you do make it work, you shouldn't announce it until you test it extensively.

Pages:
Jump to: