Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 10. (Read 23154 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If I wasted hours of your time that's your problem.

If we give of our time to give one-on-one support to help people who want help, we have a problem?

You insult the dev team of a coin you want to run a pool for, and want the devs to promote your pool??

oh man. good luck with this. You're going to need it.
lolz.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. Hours of it today.

Also, if we hadn't noticed it, and you'd left it up (I think you would have), any coins people mined on it would be worthless. I'm looking out for BipCoin fans, many of whom are noobs to mining. (We attract them because we have great tutorials, and we'll sometimes take time to give one-on-one help. Most coins won't.)

MWD

I wouldn't have left it up, I was in the process of testing it. It's a mistake but it's far from anything serious. If I wasted hours of your time that's your problem.

Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. Hours of it today.

Also, if we hadn't noticed it, and you'd left it up (I think you would have), any coins people mined on it would be worthless. I'm looking out for BipCoin fans, many of whom are noobs to mining. (We attract them because we have great tutorials, and we'll sometimes take time to give one-on-one help. Most coins won't.)

MWD
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • 0.5% fee, the lowest of any BipCoin mining pool!
  • Payments sent out every 20minutes with a minimum payment threshold of 1.0BIP
  • Slush mining!

• Global block explorer and public pool information on blocks and payments
  • Frontend hosted on a separate server from the backend
  • Run by a high end server with DDOS protection to provide the best uptime

I'm here if you ever need help or support for anything mining related (ex. setting up a miner)!
Come mine with us: http://bip.crypticbear.com/

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.

Woah... calm down. The issue was the config file I was using for Forknote was outdated. The reason I had to use Forknote in the first place was because Bipcoin does not have the latest RPC API. Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

This is the second time someone has proudly bugged us with multiple PMs and announced proudly "I HAVE A POOL!" without testing it first. You need to test this for a day and take down your announce posts here. I can't make you do that, but I can post on the BipCoin site "NEVER USE THIS POOL." I've done it before.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. You should take down posts, get it right on your own time, then reannounce please. If you ever want a chance at us telling people to use your pool.

cryptos are basically MONEY. People get really pissed when you fuck with their money. You should know this now, having done a coin that failed. Don't be so "hey man, it's all cooooooooooool" about this. You made a mistake. a big one, At least do the right thing and remove announce until you've tested it with a couple friends and yourself for like 48 hours and it stays in consensus.
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

I'm here if you ever need help or support for anything mining related (ex. setting up a miner)!

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.

Woah... calm down. The issue was the config file I was using for Forknote was outdated. The reason I had to use Forknote in the first place was because Bipcoin does not have the latest RPC API. Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

I see you restarted it and are now mining on your pool. But you're already 3 blocks ahead of us. at least shut down down that web page while you test, someone might mine on it by accident. You know, right, that you're forking, which means your coins are worthless.

I really don't think you're ready for this. At least delete your announce posts here and elsewhere please.
And we can't give you tech support on trying to fix this. We have too much work to do. Please, just stop. I know you mean well, but this is making us do extra work, and making you look bad. Just go mine on our pools please.

These kids today......
OK, I think I understand why Neptunium coin is no longer mined or listed anywhere.

I'm not being mean, just, really people........how about at least testing a new pool yourself and mining on it for a few hours (or a couple days) and watching the block height before announcing it?

This is the second time this has happened since we launched, and it's always a HUGE waste of everyone's time (including my time.)

Next time someone puts up a BipPool, if they haven't done CryptoNote pools successfully before, untill they've tested it themselves for a day, I'm going to say DO NOT MINE ON THIS POOL when they announce it.

Just because someone has run a Bitcoin pool or a Bitcoin-clone coin pool doesn't mean they can run a CryptoNote coin pool. It's a different thing.

A POOL WITH A LOWER FEE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE. POOLS THAT CHARGE 1.5% INSTEAD OF .5% OFTEN EARN THEIR EXTRA 1%.....BY HELPING YOU MINE COINS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ON OUR BLOCK CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
A POOL WITH A LOWER FEE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE. POOLS THAT CHARGE 1.5% INSTEAD OF .5% OFTEN EARN THEIR EXTRA 1%.....BY HELPING YOU MINE COINS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ON OUR BLOCK CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

What do you mean? http://bip.crypticbear.com loads for me.

YOUR BLOCK HEIGHT IS ALREADY WAY OFF. SHUT DOWN YOUR POOL AND REMOVE YOUR ANNOUNCE POSTS PLEASE. YOU NEED MORE WORK ON YOUR OWN BEFORE OPENING A PUBLIC BipCoin POOL.

hmmm, maybe a cofig thing on the pool website? It's resolving around the world;
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/crypticbear.com
Activity: 174
is there a way to voluntarily increase the transaction fee in the GUI? I like to do at least 0.5 BIP for the fee with CLI.

That's WAY overkill. I recently sent 10,000 bips from CLI with a fee of .005 and it confirmed in a few minutes. I forget how many, around five maybe? I wasn't keeping track. More than two and less than ten. But regardless, a fee of .5 bip is wasting money.

Hey, you have two BipNodes, right? can you post or send me the IPs again? I'm keeping a list.

Thank you for your service!
MWD
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

What do you mean? http://bip.crypticbear.com loads for me.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

Cool. I'll boomark this and keep an eye on it for a week or two to make sure it stays in consensus with our block height. There was a BipCoin pool by a first-time pool guy when we first launched. He mis-configured slightly and it forked twice in two days, after I'd promoted it. So with new pools from people who haven't run proven CryptoNote pools, I'm going to hold off on adding it to the BipCoin website or promoting and Tweeting it until it's proven to not cause problems.

(Are you following us on twitter?)

You should be mining on your pool. Will you be? If people see zero miners they'll probably think "there's a reason for this", but if there's even one miner, esp if you have a good amount of hash power, they might stick around, especially since your fee is lower.

Your network hash rate is way higher than what the network's showing on our pools, but that may just be latency. Yours is showing a really low and incorrect difficulty too, again, maybe just latency moving up from zero since you just started it.

You should check periodically for these and other stats to see that they're close to ours, and that your block chain is EXACT with ours (or within one block, as they change.) If you ever see yours getting out of sync with the block height, please temporarily shut down until you figure it out. Because if you're forked, you're mining coins people can't use, and they'll be very mad at you, and you may need to make it up somehow.

You probably know a lot of this, since you ran a coin. I'm really just putting this all in one place so when more and more pools come online for BipCoin, I can just copy the link for this post to them.

Our pools to check against:
http://democats.org/pool/?name=bipcoin
http://bip.cryptonotepool.com/

MWD
BipDev team

edit: YOUR BLOCK HEIGHT IS ALREADY WAY OFF. SHUT DOWN YOUR POOL AND REMOVE YOUR ANNOUNCE POSTS PLEASE. YOU NEED MORE WORK ON YOUR OWN BEFORE OPENING A PUBLIC BipCoin POOL.
I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

Activity: 174
Its pretty good,
my rx480 4GB is at 587
I suppose you have 8GB or you tuned it?
Activity: 352
MWD,

I've had it installed since last Friday, but have probably only mined for 3-4 hours total.

My hash rate is 13.00 H/sec and there's a pending balance of .0361xxxx.

Update: It's up to 36.00 H/sec and still increasing. We're rolling now.

What processor?
A top range 8core AMD FX or 4core/8threads intel can make about 400h/s.
A low/middle graphics card can do also 150-250h/s.
Anyway send your address to MWD64, to send you the 1 BIP he owns me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16798720   Grin

I run an Acer Aspire (M) laptop. The processor is the Intel Core i5-4200 @ 1.60GHz.

That highest hash rate I've is around 40, and then the Command Prompt will close itself; which kind of negates mining while asleep.

When I get a chance, I'm going to run through the tutorial again and see if I made a mistake creating the shortcut or something.
Download this miner cpuminer-opt v3.4.9
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cpuminer-opt-v3881-open-source-optimized-multi-algo-cpu-miner-1326803

Make a bat file:
Code:
cpuminer-corei7-avx -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://5.189.135.137:5556  -u bip1qtAGrAL1pb6x83VA1jFYRbvCXWLqvPQs39QQGwP346RHipiqRNvGBG1cRpxJzzAKSihZjZogZPhjkWVnxq449mMsSxB7HL -p x -t 3
pause

Change the address to your address. Change the stratum+tcp://5.189.135.137:5556 if you mine to an other pool.
You can change the -t 3 to -t 4 or -t 2. See what gives you the best hashrate (it is the number of threads used).

Pages:
Jump to: