Pages:
Author

Topic: Movie Recommendation Station - page 31. (Read 111874 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
May 01, 2014, 02:41:24 PM
Another movie i would like to recommend has to be Dallas buyers club. Wow it was amazing and Mathew killed it and played an amazing roll. It also opened my eyes up to the world of non regulated medixations

Dallas Buyers Club was really good.   It was actually a lot better than I expected it to be.   Jared Leto was also super good in that movie as the tranny...
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
May 01, 2014, 02:26:03 PM
Another movie i would like to recommend has to be Dallas buyers club. Wow it was amazing and Mathew killed it and played an amazing roll. It also opened my eyes up to the world of non regulated medixations
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 01, 2014, 02:22:27 PM
he was part of the reason why it was great, but it was equally the script that made the movie so good.

It was just an all round great movie. Everything: script, story, performances, cinematography etc.
Merit: 250
May 01, 2014, 02:05:58 PM
he was part of the reason why it was great, but it was equally the script that made the movie so good.
Activity: 770
May 01, 2014, 01:46:23 PM
ironman? maybe it's good, but i've only seen the first one. i thought there wasn't that much to the story, but i could be wrong. i saw the dark knight rises for the second time, and there were little bits and pieces that i missed. it's about lawfulness vs. chaos. when the joker burned that pile of cash, it kinda reinforces the point that he's not about money or power, he just wants to see chaos because he has a sick mind.

Heath Ledger did great  justice to joker's character  . I wish he was alive and  maybe we could be seeing more of him. RIP.
May 01, 2014, 01:38:47 PM
ironman? maybe it's good, but i've only seen the first one. i thought there wasn't that much to the story, but i could be wrong. i saw the dark knight rises for the second time, and there were little bits and pieces that i missed. it's about lawfulness vs. chaos. when the joker burned that pile of cash, it kinda reinforces the point that he's not about money or power, he just wants to see chaos because he has a sick mind.
May 01, 2014, 01:31:28 PM
Batman and Ironman , both of them are made pretty  well than many other movies based on comics .
May 01, 2014, 01:09:54 PM
yeah comic book movies generally suck. it's all about action and no story. this is what, the 5th or 6th spiderman movie since the early 2000's?

Generally, but not when they're done right. I dislike most of them when they're just about crappy explosions and action sequences.
May 01, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
yeah comic book movies generally suck. it's all about action and no story. this is what, the 5th or 6th spiderman movie since the early 2000's?

Batman series is still great and adopted from comic .

yeah batman series is an exception.. i mentioned it before in this thread. watchmen is also good. outside of those 2 movies, i don't really like most of the movies that have come out. superman was decent, but the story didn't really stand out as much as batman's did.
May 01, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

Batman series is still great and adopted from comic .
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
May 01, 2014, 01:04:50 PM
bewaakufiyan is great movie Smiley
May 01, 2014, 01:04:19 PM
legendary
May 01, 2014, 12:58:32 PM
Anybody watch amazing spiderman 2 yet?

I haven't seen it.   I am not that into comic book adaptations.   I don't get what all the craze is right now...it seems like every action movie is from a comic book
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 01, 2014, 11:23:07 AM
Anybody watch amazing spiderman 2 yet?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
May 01, 2014, 11:21:07 AM
I just watched The Perks of Being a Wall Flower.
Its was pretty nice. Now looking to watch 12 Monkeys

This one was surprisingly very good

"Memento" was very good, "some likes it hot" is an excellent old movie

Memento is super good.  You definitely have to be in the mood to think though, or you will get lost so fast...

Right, I've liked The Prestige and Rounders as well

The Prestige was good...Christian Bale hardly ever (if ever) does a bad movie.   Rounders was good too.   Supposedly #2 is in the works with the entire cast except perhaps John Malkovich coming back.

Edward Norton used not to make any bad movies as well

He went on a great run in the late 90's early 00's.
Fight Club and Rounders will always be classics.

Don't forget about American History X. He was super good in that too

Haven't seen this movie  , gonna download it for the weekend .

Right and he was my favorite actor, American History X was excellent; even Primal Fear was excellent it was his first movie or one of his first movies
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2014, 11:15:03 AM
Please suggest me is "The book thief" worth watching?
May 01, 2014, 11:11:56 AM

Memento is super good.  You definitely have to be in the mood to think though, or you will get lost so fast...

The Prestige was good...Christian Bale hardly ever (if ever) does a bad movie.   Rounders was good too.   Supposedly #2 is in the works with the entire cast except perhaps John Malkovich coming back.

Haven't seen this movie  , gonna download it for the weekend .
legendary
May 01, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

May 01, 2014, 10:14:15 AM
It seems like it is a trend right now in hollywood to have the movies either have open endings or unhappy endings
I think the reasoning behind that is simple:  if the movie is successful - they can make part 2 Smiley
Else, they can say they wanted it to have an open ending.

I don't think that's the case. I think most films have happy endings. They can always spin a sequel out no matter what happens.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1
May 01, 2014, 09:42:27 AM
It seems like it is a trend right now in hollywood to have the movies either have open endings or unhappy endings
I think the reasoning behind that is simple:  if the movie is successful - they can make part 2 Smiley
Else, they can say they wanted it to have an open ending.
Pages:
Jump to: