Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected. - page 3. (Read 38105 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Other news...

Bitcoin Foundation calls them a bunch of liars
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=418

CoinDesk tells them to f--k off
http://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-removes-mt-gox-bitcoin-price-index-2/

MtGox really screwed the pooch trying to pass the buck. If it wasn't already before, it's now firmly established that the inherent minor glitch of Bitcoin was well known for years and NOT a problem for wallets that meet Bitcoin transaction standards, and everyone knows it!

Guess MtGox thought everyone was stupid, hence why they went out on a limb with their final excuse.

Your move, MtGox! -- Are you guys going to do the right thing now, admit this problem (like all your other problems) were your own fault and try to fix it while you still have a handful of customers willing to support and defend you and 'maybe' recover from this mess. Or will you continue the charade of playing the innocent victim and screw over everyone who has coins & fiat in your exchange when you shut down in a few days?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
mission complete,

All Bitcoin sold, mining hardware is sold , transfer usd to private bank account in progress.

all my mining hardware is at its place to regularly mine and will stay there to mine; today I addedd too a new r9 290x tri-x to my rig and a new sha-256 device has been ordered..  My bitcoins are safe on their wallet and I'll not exchange them...

I speak for SHA-256
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
mission complete,

All Bitcoin sold, mining hardware is sold , transfer usd to private bank account in progress.

all my mining hardware is at its place to regularly mine and will stay there to mine; today I addedd too a new r9 290x tri-x to my rig and a new sha-256 device has been ordered..  My bitcoins are safe on their wallet and I'll not exchange them...
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
always felt this will happen
mission complete,

[...]now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.
Could you please explain why you think this?

producers of mining hardware no more any interes to invest money in bitcoin, and game is over.

just read my thread from 5 jan 2014 year, and check my analise and my calculation, you will understand,

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4328147

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-beginning-of-the-end-420005
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
[...]now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.
Could you please explain why you think this?

Edit: Forget it. Just noticed igorr is currently spreading panic over the whole forum. Ignore him.
[...]Probably it is better that all bitcoin related web site owners, remove immediately "mtgox btc quotation" from their home pages...[...]

Well, BitcoinAverage just removed MtGox from their site, which is a nice beginning. We have to get rid of MtGox so it stops pulling the price down.

Yes, I think so too..  on bitstamp price is goin up now...  usd 673 at this moment...

now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.
legendary
Activity: 1400
[...]Probably it is better that all bitcoin related web site owners, remove immediately "mtgox btc quotation" from their home pages...[...]

Well, BitcoinAverage just removed MtGox from their site, which is a nice beginning. We have to get rid of MtGox so it stops pulling the price down.

Yes, I think so too..  on bitstamp price is goin up now...  usd 673 at this moment...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1428
i'd like to know how much has been stolen.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
And dont forget that these are the guys, you sent your IDs to...
I never was on Mt.Gox because of it.
Same here, until there are exchanges that don't require all this paperwork I'll stick to them.
Activity: 75
And dont forget that these are the guys, you sent your IDs to...
I never was on Mt.Gox because of it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
such fail. Gox sucks.
Activity: 149
Who knows how long it will take MtGox to fix this issue approximately?
Well, if MtGox doesn't admit it's their fault and not Bitcoin's, never.

They already made their bed by blaming Bitcoin and took the stand that they will not reopen withdrawals till the Bitcoin devs fix the problem. A problem that is not actually a problem, that the bitcoin devs notified everyone about over 3 years ago, and doesn't affect wallets running proper code. It's not Bitcoin's problem that MtGox made up their own hodgepodge of crap code that doesn't work right.

It's basically just an excuse setting up Bitcoin as the reason why MtGox fails so they can play innocent in the face of all MtGox customer loosing everything.

So, yeah, never.
Activity: 141
Who knows how long it will take MtGox to fix this issue approximately?
Activity: 77
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/

Confirmed. It IS MtGox's shitty code at fault!

Since MtGox has now firmly boxed themselves into a corner, I wonder what they will say and/or do?

now they will say we have enough bitcoins for withdrawal after they bought at US500/btc (it went to US102/btc at one point)

what a nice trick.. now the problem is fixed and everyone is happy.

If that's the case, then I applaud them. Imagine if people reacted in other way and raise price instead of panic selling?

In the real world, if you have two supermarkets nearby, and in one of them roof collapses, berrying people underneath it. What would happen to the other supermarket prices? They would become higher.

People on the other exchanges should react in same manner. If there's a problem at gox, that means noone can exchange btc over there, that means we should raise price because people will be forced to buy from us on other exchanges.

that's why mtgox pointed the finger at the bitcoin protocol, instead of admitting it's their fault.... your scenario would work if mtgox say that they r collapsing etc.. but they were saying the bitcoin protocol itself has problem. In that case, btc could become worthless, so triggered fire-sell.

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/

Confirmed. It IS MtGox's shitty code at fault!

Since MtGox has now firmly boxed themselves into a corner, I wonder what they will say and/or do?

now they will say we have enough bitcoins for withdrawal after they bought at US500/btc (it went to US102/btc at one point)

what a nice trick.. now the problem is fixed and everyone is happy.

If that's the case, then I applaud them. Imagine if people reacted in other way and raise price instead of panic selling?

In the real world, if you have two supermarkets nearby, and in one of them roof collapses, berrying people underneath it. What would happen to the other supermarket prices? They would become higher.

People on the other exchanges should react in same manner. If there's a problem at gox, that means noone can exchange btc over there, that means we should raise price because people will be forced to buy from us on other exchanges.
Activity: 77
wonder if there was really a matched order
Pages:
Jump to: