Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected. - page 5. (Read 38105 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad

So, Basically there is a problem with double spending but the problem is with the bitcoin source and not their shitty code.
I doubt that. They had withdrawal problems for months, other exchanges are functioning. It's just to buy time and blame the bitcoin itself. One question Gox - why is it only you?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
FUD from gox themselves? Either way, this is not good....
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
lol

so no btc withdrawal no fiat withdrawal so When those bastards are declaring their bankrupcy?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

So, Basically there is a problem with double spending but the problem is with the bitcoin source and not their shitty code.
Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!
Still no news from mtgox?
In Hashrate We Trust!
Mark Karpeles aka The Wolf of Bitcoin Street Wink

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Well, there is some news from a newspaper:

All old news. Are all your aussie newspapers 3+ days behind?  LOL. Tongue

Dude, can you read the date on the article? It's Feb 10th. So today.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Things looks good now seems so

Really? Almost 5pm in Japan and still no update. Looking real good!  Roll Eyes

Not surprising. Their update likely wont have much to appease their customers wanting their Bitcoins out.

legendary

Really? Almost 5pm in Japan and still no update. Looking real good!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 149

All old news. Are all your aussie newspapers 3+ days behind?  LOL. Tongue
Activity: 149
I wonder if he ever did the hashing of passwords the way he was asked to in this 2010 thread. Otherwise, uhm ooopsie.
That would explain how an auditor's account got hacked in 2011 and a crap load of BTC were stolen.  Roll Eyes
legendary

Bitcoin price drops as Mt. Gox exchange closes indefinitely

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/bitcoin-price-drops-as-mt-gox-exchange-closes-indefinitely-20140210-32ap1.html#ixzz2stqGD9t0

" It promised an "update" - not a reopening - on Monday, February 10, Japan time", they write.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
What? I woke up (in the UK) expecting to at least see something had happened. As I write, it's 3.45pm in Tokyo. Nothing new on the mtgox new-sfeed. I thought no news would be the worst news of all...but the price has barely changed. Does everyone really believe that an announcement is still coming in the last couple of hours of their working day? If you were in charge there, at 9am, wouldn't you at least have written something along the lines of 'announcement at 5pm'?
legendary
That is why I NEVER deposit any cryptos into Gox Tongue

I always though, that they work like a shit.

Here is the original mtgox thread. Just read it and you will understand Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-bitcoin-exchange-mtgoxcom-444

Hey, I was thinking about that thread yesterday and wondered how hard it would be to find, thanks.

I wonder if he ever did the hashing of passwords the way he was asked to in this 2010 thread. Otherwise, uhm ooopsie.
Activity: 216
Yup, as some people stated before, a big business like that shouldn't avoid questions. If you were earning as much as they do from fees, you could easily hire 1 or 2 people to just sit there and answer emails, manage facebook and twitter accounts or just being a responsible CO, sit your ass in front of the screen for 30 min a day and write a summary of problems and actions taken, for all to see. Next thing is the weekend problem - wtf? You run a company, it gets in trouble, people are losing patience and you take a 2 day break from work because it's weekend? Maybe I'm strange but I'd lose sleep, call freinds to help me and sit there whole day trying to resolve this. That's why even if they manage to survive this, their attitude should be a clear sign to stay away. If something like this happens again, they will just ignore your claims and eventually pack their bags and run.

I have a feeling even if they worked throughout the weekend they would achieve nothing. Things are worse then they appear. They spent the bitcoinica funds and more, also having the FBI lock down some funds, therefore having to halt withdrawals. They will have to open withdrawals manually, allowing only what comes in to go out because they have nothing left (just like they did with fiat).

And how exactly did the FBI lock down gox bitcoins? That's a trick I'd like to learn ;-)
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Yup, as some people stated before, a big business like that shouldn't avoid questions. If you were earning as much as they do from fees, you could easily hire 1 or 2 people to just sit there and answer emails, manage facebook and twitter accounts or just being a responsible CO, sit your ass in front of the screen for 30 min a day and write a summary of problems and actions taken, for all to see. Next thing is the weekend problem - wtf? You run a company, it gets in trouble, people are losing patience and you take a 2 day break from work because it's weekend? Maybe I'm strange but I'd lose sleep, call freinds to help me and sit there whole day trying to resolve this. That's why even if they manage to survive this, their attitude should be a clear sign to stay away. If something like this happens again, they will just ignore your claims and eventually pack their bags and run.

I have a feeling even if they worked throughout the weekend they would achieve nothing. Things are worse then they appear. They spent the bitcoinica funds and more, also having the FBI lock down some funds, therefore having to halt withdrawals. They will have to open withdrawals manually, allowing only what comes in to go out because they have nothing left (just like they did with fiat).
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
Pages:
Jump to: