Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 14. (Read 908452 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Another news regarding this case: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/25/kraken_mtgox_bankruptcy/

The operators of the Kraken exchange will distribute $91 millions in Bitcoins to people left out of pocket by the 2014 MtGox collapse.

That reassures me that the receiver won't dump the Bitcoins on exchanges or auction them. Liquidating assets and paying creditors back in fiat was standard procedure in all Japanese bankruptcy cases until this one. This is the first time assets get returned instead of fiat. Most of the creditors want Bitcoins and it's good news the receiver listened to them.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
My claim for 0.8 BTC has been rejected.
The reason given is "The reason for such rejection is that such amount does not exist."

VH
Activity: 6

They sent it in feb but cant find at the moment. Best go to reddit mtgoxinsolvency they will help you.

I made a thread there and no one has given a solution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgoxinsolvency/comments/4ldm41/80_of_my_claim_rejected_any_way_to_dispute_this/
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Anyone want to total the amount of rejected claims?

just wondering the amount of Bogus claims vs accepted
to see if the amount that was "lost" in btc was truley lost vs. the amount they "found (202k btc)"

The total claim in JPY is a staggering 263519268303371, so that means about 2150 billion Euro !!!!
Total accepted claim in JPY is only  45609593503, so that means 372 million Euro.
So basically 1 in 5770 is accepted Huh!!!

You can download the complete PDF. It is incredible to see what BTC amount people lost: there are many in the thousands and quote a few who lost 10k to 50k btc.
There's even one guy who claims 4.6million BTC

This is from an email sent by Kraken regarding the claims totals:
The total amount claimed to date was 263,519,268,303,371 JPY, or about $2,411,412,137,427 USD. 263,473,658,709,868 JPY of the total claimed amount was rejected (with about 260,000,000,000,000 JPY of the rejected amount coming from one claim).

This might be the person you saw, but their claim would in fact be 4.6 Billion BTC (or the equivalent thereof) lmao
Once you take out such ridiculous fake claims the number of rejections looks a lot more reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Another news regarding this case: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/25/kraken_mtgox_bankruptcy/

The operators of the Kraken exchange will distribute $91 millions in Bitcoins to people left out of pocket by the 2014 MtGox collapse.
Activity: 138
Merit: 35
Yeah there seem to be a lot of fake claims. The one with 45 million btc made a slight error: he filed his stash in µbtc (instead of full btc), so he got approved but only a fraction.

I filed my claim through Kraken but did not get an official notice from them, just from Mtgox itself.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
Can you be a pal and add the entire PDF that's on the mtgox site on here ? Many bitcoiners would appreciate it Wink.

See this post https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4lad22/list_of_all_acceptedrejected_mtgox_claims_pdf/
Activity: 21

to see if the amount that was "lost" in btc was truley lost vs. the amount they "found (202k btc)"

The total claim in JPY is a staggering 263519268303371, so that means about 2150 billion Euro !!!!
Total accepted claim in JPY is only  45609593503, so that means 372 million Euro.

You can download the complete PDF. It is incredible to see what BTC amount people lost: there are many in the thousands and quote a few who lost 10k to 50k btc.

There's a strong possibility none of the "rejected" claims was actually true. Since there was no penalty or legal prosecution for someone to fill a bogus claim, only the person's fantasy could limit what he/she would claim. FWIW: I believe that the true claims were a bit more and as previously stated here, there were some people that were holding their stash there for anonymity reasons.

Even those who did not provide a surname and name though, since their account was active and contained some BTCs had a very good chance claiming their possessions and probably did. I'm more concerned about the distribution procedure. Anyone here filled his claims with Kraken? Did anyone receive a notice regarding ETA of the funds?

Can you be a pal and add the entire PDF that's on the mtgox site on here ? Many bitcoiners would appreciate it Wink.

I agree its a very strong possibility that many if not all of the claims that were denied are fake. Alot of times when their is a class action lawsuit a " money grab" mentality takes place where anyone who files a claim can get a payout. In order for one to receive funds a valid claim must be filed with receipts  ( inner city slang for proof) that funds were truly lost. This has never happened before in regards to cryptocurrency , it's uncharted territory.

Did the individuals who lost 10k to 50k bitcoin get an approved or denied claim ?  That must of been one tough pill to swallow when mtgox went belly up Sad .

Also, if anyone out there knows ,during black Friday 2013 when btc on mtgox went to 1,242.00 a coin , was btc avail to be stored on mobile wallets via cell phones and other smart devices or only on paper and cold storage wallets ?

Tknx.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

They sent it in feb but cant find at the moment. Best go to reddit mtgoxinsolvency they will help you.

There is a hotline number on some of their PDFs.

Which PDF is this? I can't find the number on the "List of Acceptance or Rejection For All Claiments" which is the only pdf I can find on claims.mtgox.com
ImI
legendary

There is a hotline number on some of their PDFs.
Is there any way to dispute their claim amounts?

I tried to find any sort of contact but I was unable to.

I have proof that I sent some bitcoins from coinbase to mtgox, and when I read their claim amounts they rejected 80% of it...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.

There's a strong possibility none of the "rejected" claims was actually true. Since there was no penalty or legal prosecution for someone to fill a bogus claim, only the person's fantasy could limit what he/she would claim. FWIW: I believe that the true claims were a bit more and as previously stated here, there were some people that were holding their stash there for anonymity reasons.

Even those who did not provide a surname and name though, since their account was active and contained some BTCs had a very good chance claiming their possessions and probably did. I'm more concerned about the distribution procedure. Anyone here filled his claims with Kraken? Did anyone receive a notice regarding ETA of the funds?

I just got following email :

To all creditors,

On May 25, 2016, the date of the investigation of claims, I made determination as to accept or reject your filed claims.

As a result, all of the amounts that you filed were accepted. Therefore, you do not have to do anything in particular at this stage.
I uploaded the results of the acceptance or rejection given on the date of the investigation of claims to the system under which you can file the claims against to MtGox Co., Ltd. (“MTGOX”) regarding the refund of BTC and money which were filed by the users of MTGOX’s Bitcoin exchange (the “Bankruptcy Claims Related to Exchange”) through the website (https://claims.mtgox.com/assets/index.html#/ ).  You can browse the statement of acceptance or rejection which sets forth the contents of filings and the details of acceptances or rejections therefor, with respect to all Bankruptcy Claims Related to Exchange, by logging into the System and clicking the link to the PDF file of the “List of Acceptance or Rejection of the Claims” (however, they will be partially masked).  Please look for your creditor’s number (the number assigned to you when you filed your claims) and your name, and confirm the results of the acceptance or rejection of your filed claims. You can also confirm the results of the acceptance or rejection of your claims by logging into the System and clicking the icon that states “Confirm the Results of Acceptance or Rejection of the Claims” (Please note that due to the technical error in the System, there is a possibility that the results of the acceptance or rejection of your claims shown on “Confirm the Results of Acceptance or Rejection of the Claims” icon were incorrect during the period between May 25, 2016 and May 27, 2016 (Japan time).  Please check the results again.).

I will contact you with respect to future procedures when we have progressed to the stage of making distributions.

Bankrupt Entity: MtGox Co., Ltd.
Bankruptcy Trustee: Nobuaki Kobayashi, Attorney-at-law
Activity: 357
Merit: 250

Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Trustee just sent his APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL for those that filled with offline method.

per email?

Yes, email with PDF file.
ImI
legendary
Trustee just sent his APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL for those that filled with offline method.

per email?
Activity: 538
Merit: 500

My claim was rejected. I sent EUR to Polish Mtgox bank account just days before Mtgox went offline. I won't cry, since I luckily even made nice profits thanks to bitcoinbuilder and I knew the risk of sending the money to Mtgox.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Pages:
Jump to: