Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 211. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
January 14, 2014, 10:35:49 AM
Sorry, I don't know if you are retarded or just a clueless kid who joined the mob without checking any facts.  There are single days in December 2013 with more volume on MtGox than entire June (measured in fiat currency, which what matters when it comes to revenue). Increasing delays ... is a sign of a growing business as well.
Bolded part made my day. lol
Must be because you have no idea of what it means.
Yes all of a sudden the delays since June are considered "growing pains" and thus are a symptom of MTGOX growing too fast for the last 8 months. LOL!
Do you think so?

Since you obviously have been living under a rock for most of your life, and probably haven't read this thread: The delays are caused by banks limiting how much they are able to transfer out each day.  Currently about 1.1M USD/day.  Increasing delays + increasing order book means growth.  Why do you find the growth funny?

Yet the amount of BTC volume traded on Gox has decreased quite a bit since 8 months ago. Again LOL...
Yes, the volume in BTC has decreased on most exchanges since April last year, except for some new ones and China.

If you missed it my comment about "special kids" was referring to when MTGOX had their USD in a Dwolla account that was seized/frozen. Implying MTGOX are also even more "Special Kids" given they were outsmarted by the ordinary "Special Kids" from DHS.
MtGox only had some petty cash in their Dwolla account.  A few days worth of money in transit.  If you think MtGox stored Dwolla for money storage, you are mistaken.  This is explained in the DHS report as well.  Mutum Sigillum's accounts were sized for transmitting money to and from MtGox in Japan, not storage.  Storage is legal.  Transmitting money without a license is not.  I don't expect you to understand any of this, of course.  You probably didn't read this far anyway.  Too much text and no pictures.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
January 14, 2014, 08:01:03 AM
I really don't know what the scientific explanation behind all the people constantly defending Mt.Gox, BFL, etc. might be. Maybe some kind of Stockholm syndrome?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 14, 2014, 06:21:21 AM
LOL so I guess MTGOX is even more of "special kids" than the DHS no? Given they put their funds in the USSA lol...
"Special investigator" is a quote from the DHS.  MtGox have their funds in a Japanese bank, not in the USSA.  Except for a few days worth of transfers to and from USSAnian customers.  In total worth a week of revenue from fees in December.

The symptoms that MTGOX are experiencing in price and in volume decline since June are that of a dying business. Not to mention the many delays reported here in this thread.
Sorry, I don't know if you are retarded or just a clueless kid who joined the mob without checking any facts.  There are single days in December 2013 with more volume on MtGox than entire June (measured in fiat currency, which what matters when it comes to revenue). Increasing delays ... is a sign of a growing business as well.

Bolded part made my day. lol

Yes all of a sudden the delays since June are considered "growing pains" and thus are a symptom of MTGOX growing too fast for the last 8 months. LOL!

Yet the amount of BTC volume traded on Gox has decreased quite a bit since 8 months ago. Again LOL...

If you missed it my comment about "special kids" was referring to when MTGOX had their USD in a Dwolla account that was seized/frozen. Implying MTGOX are also even more "Special Kids" given they were outsmarted by the ordinary "Special Kids" from DHS.

Please keep up.  Grin
legendary
January 14, 2014, 06:18:26 AM
Increasing delays ... is a sign of a growing business as well.
Only you could twist it like that.
Its a sign that people are finally getting the hell outta there and of course of their incompetence.

Don't worry I think he drank too much EmptyGox Kool-aid.  Grin
legendary
January 13, 2014, 05:47:07 PM
Its a sign that people are finally getting the hell outta there and of course of their incompetence.
You think so?  I think the total value of bids is a clear sign of more money coming in than going out.  Could be money deposited months or years ago that people didn't care to use until now, of course, but I find that rather unlikely.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
January 13, 2014, 05:04:37 PM
legendary
January 13, 2014, 04:19:47 PM
LOL so I guess MTGOX is even more of "special kids" than the DHS no? Given they put their funds in the USSA lol...
"Special investigator" is a quote from the DHS.  MtGox have their funds in a Japanese bank, not in the USSA.  Except for a few days worth of transfers to and from USSAnian customers.  In total worth a week of revenue from fees in December.

The symptoms that MTGOX are experiencing in price and in volume decline since June are that of a dying business. Not to mention the many delays reported here in this thread.
Sorry, I don't know if you are retarded or just a clueless kid who joined the mob without checking any facts.  There are single days in December 2013 with more volume on MtGox than entire June (measured in fiat currency, which what matters when it comes to revenue).  Increasing delays and increasing order book depth is a sign of a growing business as well.
legendary
January 12, 2014, 10:51:41 PM
So because it operate "legally" in Japan it means that it isn't or hasn't violated any other international laws related to the U.S.? lol
Yes, lol.  There are no international laws.  There are a few international conventions which multiple countries are signatories to.  Like the Bern convention and Geneva convention.  Signatory countries must implement the agreements into their own laws.

Yes it makes me laugh that you would insinuate that legally operating in a country proves that the business (which operates internationally) is in fact within the laws of other countries.
It doesn't matter.  The USSA has jo juridistiction there.  I am braking US funny-laws every day, as often as I can.  It doesn't matter.  No DHS "special investigator" can do anything as long as I am outside of LOListan.  Mutum Sigillum is a US company with their funds in the USSA, which is the only reason the "special" kids at the DHS could steal their money.

Just because you paint a turd gold doesn't remove the fact that it is a turd. Same applies to gox. You can make it sounds all so "good" and put lipstick on that pig but at the end of the day it is just that, a pig. lol  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
January 12, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
How long is average time for sepa tranfser?
3-4 weeks unless it is very small.  The support pages usually have a more exact answer.

I got my relatively smaller payment <€1000 out in only 5 days.
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:11:32 PM
3-4 weeks unless it is very small.  The support pages usually have a more exact answer.
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:09:17 PM
http://www.coindesk.com/following-the-money-bitcoin-black-market-purchases-anonymous/
@sturle
Will you and your buddies at Gox disclose/have disclosed personal data to US authorities although you are in no way obliged to?
I am not affiliated with MtGox in any way, and don't have access to any personal data stored by MtGox.  You should ask MtGox about this, but I assume the answer is no.  They wouldn't disclose the data to Coinbase, and I don't see any reason why they would disclose any data to any authorities unless ordered to by a Japanese court.  It would be devastating to business.
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:04:36 PM

It really depends on a number of factors: amount, how many transfers there are, etc.

To give you an idea, here is my recent SEPA history:
- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, not yet received

So the general rule of 6 weeks (mentioned on the website) is not really followed. some are faster, some are slower..
This conforms perfectly to the 20 day rule.  If you make a new withdrawal less than 20 days after the previous one, it will not be processed until the 20 days have passed.  Small withdrawals are processed out of the queue.  See the support page about deposits and withdrawals.
legendary
January 12, 2014, 04:55:55 PM
So because it operate "legally" in Japan it means that it isn't or hasn't violated any other international laws related to the U.S.? lol
Yes, lol.  There are no international laws.  There are a few international conventions which multiple countries are signatories to.  Like the Bern convention and Geneva convention.  Signatory countries must implement the agreements into their own laws.

Yes it makes me laugh that you would insinuate that legally operating in a country proves that the business (which operates internationally) is in fact within the laws of other countries.
It doesn't matter.  The USSA has jo juridistiction there.  I am braking US funny-laws every day, as often as I can.  It doesn't matter.  No DHS "special investigator" can do anything as long as I am outside of LOListan.  Mutum Sigillum is a US company with their funds in the USSA, which is the only reason the "special" kids at the DHS could steal their money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
January 12, 2014, 04:48:54 AM

It really depends on a number of factors: amount, how many transfers there are, etc.

To give you an idea, here is my recent SEPA history:
- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, not yet received

So the general rule of 6 weeks (mentioned on the website) is not really followed. some are faster, some are slower...

I also made a BTC withdraw in januari and that was near instantaneous (5 seconds or so)
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
January 12, 2014, 02:58:10 AM
http://www.coindesk.com/following-the-money-bitcoin-black-market-purchases-anonymous/
@sturle
Will you and your buddies at Gox disclose/have disclosed personal data to US authorities although you are in no way obliged to?

The U.S. govt has $5M that used to belong to Mt. Gox, and could put their hands on another $5M that Vessenes suckered Mark out of (unless he's blown it.)  My guess is the answer would be 'yup!'

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
January 12, 2014, 02:17:15 AM
@sturle
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Technology and Women. Amazing.
January 11, 2014, 07:24:16 AM
not a single business in the financial services industry should ever, ever take 3+ months to complete a wire transfer.
this should be seen as unacceptable, and a display of incompetence on behalf of mtgox. either hire more people (you can afford it, making 0.6% commission on every trade), or leave the market.
the market you're trying to serve would ultimately be better off without your amateurish operation as a member. 
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 11, 2014, 06:20:00 AM
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
January 11, 2014, 06:05:08 AM
I am completely out of Gox until they:

1. Make right my lost wire transfer confirmed received by their bank yet still lost in limbo since Nov 4th.
2. Improve their built in trading options
3. Improve withdrawal options
4. Create some communication or remove the glowing cloud of creepiness that I feel is enveloping the company.

I do appreciate their volume, However, I am not a programmer and cannot write my own bots. So I am left to my own devices and miss out on buying and selling opportunities constantly. Also, I cannot withdraw my funds unless I transfer with BTC.

With my money stuck in never never land and my natural distrust of any organization that controls my Bitcoin stash, I have chosen to go elsewhere with my trading. In general though, I don't think we see 2014 come and go without a major exchange disappearing.

However, If anyone wants to sell me their trading bot, I would be willing to purchase with Bitcoin Smiley
legendary
January 11, 2014, 05:31:25 AM
LOL your justification of how MTGOX is "legit" as one might put it based on your obviously biased view of the business practices of GOX is quite humorous.

We all know why the price of Bitcion on MTGOX is higher. It has a lot to do with that word LIQUIDITY.

"And it operates legally..."....lol is that why MTGOX's dwolla account was siezed and frozen? Please don't make me laugh.
Make YOU laugh?  Cheesy

Mutum Sigillum's account was closed because the DHS in the USSA decided it was a threat against the country's homeland security!  Yes, it makes me laugh, but for a completely different reason than you.  MtGox operates legally in Japan, where it is located, and in the civilized parts of the world.

Do you folks have a public charting of the average time it takes users to get their money into their bank account from the time the wire is initiated to the time it posts into their accounts?
A charting service like this would be useless.  If you had been reading this thread, you would know the time depends on a whole lot of factors.  Expected transfer times are detailed on MtGox's support pages under deposits and withdrawals.  The average time is probably very short due to the speed of Japanese domestic transfer.

So because it operate "legally" in Japan it means that it isn't or hasn't violated any other international laws related to the U.S.? lol Yes it makes me laugh that you would insinuate that legally operating in a country proves that the business (which operates internationally) is in fact within the laws of other countries.

"Depends on a whole lot of factors..."....LOL

Yes let's now avert the issue that many people are still waiting for their withdrawals from long ago.

I guess the "factors" for them weren't good enough to get them their money on time right?

So where is the transparency from MTGOX?

One thing I've learned is that just because you (or anyone else for that matter) says something, doesn't make it true.
Jump to: