Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 214. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
January 06, 2014, 07:30:18 PM
Has anyone even gotten a wire to the U.S. with the 5% 'bank fee' within the last quarter or two?  I don't recall having heard so.
Here is at least one that I could remember from the end of November.  Not everyone will post about their withdrawals in this thread.
OK.  I guess that if that report is true, then it is NOT the case the wires from Mt. Gox are being confiscated or something.

This means that Mt. Gox is sitting on people's money for other reasons.  Hypotheses include:
The reasons have been explained and discussed along with all thinkable conspiracy theories during the previous 138 pages of this thread.  Let's not start over.  Read all of it and ask yourself again if you really want to repeat it.

I have high hopes for the Moneypolo withdrawal option.  Deposits are enabled already.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 07:05:12 PM
Still not worty doing arbitrage, in 3 week this market its gonna change so much ...
legendary
January 06, 2014, 06:55:33 PM
How is are things with € withdraw ?
I mean are they gonna process them faster, i live in malta and i was thinking to sell some BTC on Mtgox and cashout on my maltese Bank.
Do u think that by any chance i will get my money ?
About three weeks delay.  SEPA transfers are not affected by the new year holidays in Japan either.
Activity: 45
January 06, 2014, 03:40:12 PM
How is are things with € withdraw ?
I mean are they gonna process them faster, i live in malta and i was thinking to sell some BTC on Mtgox and cashout on my maltese Bank.
Do u think that by any chance i will get my money ?
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
January 06, 2014, 01:41:31 PM
Has anyone even gotten a wire to the U.S. with the 5% 'bank fee' within the last quarter or two?  I don't recall having heard so.
Here is at least one that I could remember from the end of November.  Not everyone will post about their withdrawals in this thread.

OK.  I guess that if that report is true, then it is NOT the case the wires from Mt. Gox are being confiscated or something.

This means that Mt. Gox is sitting on people's money for other reasons.  Hypotheses include:

- Liquidity issues (seems unlikely to me.)

- Unanticipated costs shifted to customers (shitty business practices IMO.)

- Strategic provocation of an arbitrage opportunity to be exploited by them and/or their co-conspirators.

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
January 06, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
I'm in the UK waiting for about $500,000 from last week of December.  I'm wondering whether to cancel the withdrawal and use SEPA where there is a 5 week delay. 
SEPA is Euro
$ is not Euro
£ is not euro
$ & £ are international wire and the queue is <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> this big
legendary
January 06, 2014, 10:37:19 AM
legendary
January 06, 2014, 10:28:07 AM
I'm in the UK waiting for about $500,000 from last week of December.  I'm wondering whether to cancel the withdrawal and use SEPA where there is a 5 week delay. 
I thought Gox had a max 7k euro per 20days limit or something similar to that.
50k EUR per 20 days if you are verified on level 2.  May be better to wait for Moneypolo withdrawals.  Especially in the UK.  Deposits are already working.
legendary
January 06, 2014, 02:41:16 AM
Got a support email back saying they can run a manual fiat withdrawal process for a 5% bank fee.

Thinking of just paying it and being done with the place...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
January 06, 2014, 02:31:34 AM
Got a support email back saying they can run a manual fiat withdrawal process for a 5% bank fee.

Thinking of just paying it and being done with the place...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 06, 2014, 01:36:27 AM

I thought Gox had a max 7k euro per 20days limit or something similar to that.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
January 05, 2014, 10:06:01 AM
I don't have time to research why another exchange is actually more "trustworthy"

I am also following the idea that going with #1 isn't a bad choice. Isn't Gox too big to fail.... ughhh exchanges are Bitcoins biggest problem
You got it all backwards.

1. "Too big to fail" implies you are so big that the government will bail you out rather than allowing you to shut down. Mtgox definitely doesn't match this definition.

2. Trying a lesser-known exchange is likely not worse than using one which is known to be bad.

hint:
The sole and only reason to buy there, is because you already have fiat stuck there and you want to get it out ASAP.

About selling, if you are optimist you can say that some people value that the risk of Mt.Gox defaulting plus the time they have to wait without their money is less than the price difference with the other exchanges.

If you are pessimist, you could say instead that they are simply stupid and do random things without really thinking about it.

Still, since there's no reason at all to send fiat there to buy BTC, yes, I agree it makes no sense for Mt.Gox to be still in business.
donator
Activity: 229
Merit: 106
January 04, 2014, 08:35:51 PM
Got my BTC after waiting more than 24 hours

I tried to withdraw 5 Bitcoin (! not Fiat) from MtGox a couple of hours ago. It`s confirmed in the transaction history, but does not show up on blockchain.info (and not where it was supposed to go either, of course).
Can you find it here?

I found my transaction in the list which indicated possible delay reason as (transaction data too large), what should I do? I think they have problem with their fee calculation logic, the fee should proportional to transaction data size instead of fixed 0.001 BTC.
legendary
January 04, 2014, 02:31:25 PM
I've asked for a one time Cashiers Check to be issued for the balance of my account, but am not holding my breath.

Screw that.  The $5k I got from the only sale I made on Mt. Gox is now worth closer to $50k.  That (or whatever 50 BTC can bring at a functional organization) is the amount I will be going for of the $5M-$10M that the formerly Mt. Gox owned funds that U.S. Government have or might put their hands on.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
January 04, 2014, 12:31:06 PM
Wanted to add my voice to the chorus of dissatisfied customers of MtGox.

I have a fiat withdraw pending for some time now on a verified account (Have since moved to dealing with Bitstamp and Coinbase with little issue), and the latest response from support is they have no ETA for when my withdrawal might be processed.

I've asked for a one time Cashiers Check to be issued for the balance of my account, but am not holding my breath.

It is unacceptable as they are holding our money hostage with no ETA for receiving it.

I really should have heeded the wisdom posted here that said "don't deal with MtGox".  I've never had a bad experience with them in my past dealings, but obviously they have taken a turn for the worse over the last year Sad
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
January 04, 2014, 12:25:46 PM
Activity: 30
January 03, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
I have the same problem... it has been a little over 24 hours now and the transaction only shows up on Skanner.net but not on Blockchain.info ! These delays at MtGox are just unacceptable!
donator
Activity: 229
Merit: 106
January 03, 2014, 04:43:12 PM
I tried to withdraw 5 Bitcoin (! not Fiat) from MtGox a couple of hours ago. It`s confirmed in the transaction history, but does not show up on blockchain.info (and not where it was supposed to go either, of course).
Can you find it here?

I found my transaction in the list which indicated possible delay reason as (transaction data too large), what should I do? I think they have problem with their fee calculation logic, the fee should proportional to transaction data size instead of fixed 0.001 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
January 03, 2014, 10:35:12 AM
I cant understand why people still trust them.
Maybe because in most cultures a boy doesnt become a real man until he gets goxed?  Grin

I don't have time to research why another exchange is actually more "trustworthy"

I am also following the idea that going with #1 isn't a bad choice. Isn't Gox too big to fail.... ughhh exchanges are Bitcoins biggest problem
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 03, 2014, 03:54:36 AM
I cant understand why people still trust them.
Maybe because in most cultures a boy doesnt become a real man until he gets goxed?  Grin
Jump to: