Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 224. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
November 26, 2013, 07:07:46 PM
Still nothing from my June and July withdrawal. I think I'm about to suck it up, take my cash, and buy in at $800 at essentially 1/8 my original Bitcoins sold. Lesson learned, never use Gox again.

Check again, $960 on Gox now.
They have inadvertently crucified their customers who accepted the TwoWeeksTM mantra.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
November 26, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
Still nothing from my June and July withdrawal. I think I'm about to suck it up, take my cash, and buy in at $800 at essentially 1/8 my original Bitcoins sold. Lesson learned, never use Gox again.
As much as i would encourage anybody to buy BTC instead of selling them, you *could* try to cancel the withdrawals and try them again using the international wire fee. I don't trade USD but from reactions here it seems people have had some success that way.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
November 26, 2013, 05:23:44 PM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
November 26, 2013, 03:19:49 PM
I made a withdrawal of 1.1 BTC to my blockchain wallet more than 24 hours ago. There was no option anymore, the 0.001 (almost $1) fee was automatically included. It has not shown on the blockchain, not even unconfirmed with the txid they gave me a161804df1d05390d48e22d059379a17faa597b76d9e269fe1521b03b4fe6775.

I opened a ticket, but I can only imagine how long that will take them to get to. I may just stop using them altogether. As ti is, I only deposit BTC in there to arb from other exchanges and peg the funds in USD, but even at 20%, it is not worth it if large transactions just go missing.

How long it may take I just hope we get our BTC in the end. I already missed todays 'fontas pump' on btc e because of this Sad
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
November 26, 2013, 03:11:53 PM
I made a withdrawal of 1.1 BTC to my blockchain wallet more than 24 hours ago. There was no option anymore, the 0.001 (almost $1) fee was automatically included. It has not shown on the blockchain, not even unconfirmed with the txid they gave me a161804df1d05390d48e22d059379a17faa597b76d9e269fe1521b03b4fe6775.

I opened a ticket, but I can only imagine how long that will take them to get to. I may just stop using them altogether. As ti is, I only deposit BTC in there to arb from other exchanges and peg the funds in USD, but even at 20%, it is not worth it if large transactions just go missing.
Activity: 31
November 26, 2013, 02:31:02 PM
I've been appreciating the updates from others waiting for withdrawals in this thread, and I am delighted to finally be able to return the favour  Tongue. I received a >3000 EUR SEPA withdrawal today (2013-11-26) which was requested 2013-10-17.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
November 26, 2013, 12:12:33 PM
I made a withdrawal to BTC-e (address 16JL7nVLna21T1BhhK3BnYeEeUP6V1jCic )and received a confirmation email over 3 hours ago, but according to blockchain this address has not been used on the network.  

Anyone else having issues? (and yes I have messaged chat support, just waiting for a reply)

I made a withdrawal from Gox 5 or 6 hours ago, also to a BTC-E address, but it didn't yet show up on the blockchain and it isn't received at the deposit address yet. Sent the Gox team an email.
Activity: 107
November 26, 2013, 12:02:04 PM
I made a withdrawal to BTC-e (address 16JL7nVLna21T1BhhK3BnYeEeUP6V1jCic )and received a confirmation email over 3 hours ago, but according to blockchain this address has not been used on the network.  

Anyone else having issues? (and yes I have messaged chat support, just waiting for a reply)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 26, 2013, 12:01:45 PM
are they scammers - or just some problems?

That's anyone's guess right now.

(edit: My guess is no, they're not scammers.)

does mtgox have problems? YES
could they have dealt with those problems better? YES
does their comunication suxx? YES

are they scammers? ABSOLUTELY NO!

as far as i know, there hasn't been a single loss of customers BTCs or fiat. mtgox doesn't hide in the dark or operates more or less illigal like btc-e and bitstamp. i wouldn't trust btc-e at all! even bitstamp doesn't earn more trust, than a few coins, you can afford to lose!

the only really trustworthy exchanges i know are www.bitcoin.de and kraken. next in line is mtgox and after that nothing for a long distance! if you want to trust btc-e over mtgox, fine! but prepare to see the operators running with your money. nobody knows, who they are!

Agreed that Gox has historically been the most trustworthy Exchange - but this does not change the fact that they are extremely illiquid and the situation is not improving... Occam's would say that they are running out of cash, which doesn't mean they are scammers - but is a call for problems.

BTW: Bitstamp has been pretty reliable too since August 2011. That's quite something in Bitcoin-land.
Activity: 110
November 26, 2013, 11:59:37 AM

does mtgox have problems? YES
could they have dealt with those problems better? YES
does their comunication suxx? YES

are they scammers? ABSOLUTELY NO!

as far as i know, there hasn't been a single loss of customers BTCs or fiat. mtgox doesn't hide in the dark or operates more or less illigal like btc-e and bitstamp. i wouldn't trust btc-e at all! even bitstamp doesn't earn more trust, than a few coins, you can afford to lose!

the only really trustworthy exchanges i know are www.bitcoin.de and kraken. next in line is mtgox and after that nothing for a long distance! if you want to trust btc-e over mtgox, fine! but prepare to see the operators running with your money. nobody knows, who they are!

edit:

mtgox had and still has lots of serious troubles but they are still there and never took any money. most exchanges who are operating today never had any problems. those who did are gone. more often than not with their customers funds
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
November 25, 2013, 08:37:07 AM
Right now volume on Kraken is a bit low as it is only a new exchange, but its good choice for the future. Importantly its a exchange with all registrations in order and you can choose what verification suits you best (4 levels).  Also LTC volume in Euro is building up too slowly.

BTC China i am not so sure, as far as i know you cant get money out of china.

I completely agree. But for small players like me that want to trade less than 1000 € worth coins it's a very good option... Low volume actualy helped me to sell at a premium price.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
November 25, 2013, 08:20:30 AM
so as of last week.. you can't even do any withdraw. I have been talking with a customer rep, and they kept saying I shouldn't have problem withdrawing, but I do. So gox is holding all your btc and money.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
November 25, 2013, 08:07:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
November 25, 2013, 08:02:15 AM
I am planning to move all my bitcoins from local market to MTGox because of liquidity. Is this a wise idea? I know everyone on this thread would be negative about this - but are they scammers - or just some problems?

I really wouldn't recomend MtGox to anyone.

If you want liquidity for larger volumes, Bitstamp and BTC-E are much better options.

For small volumes (a few BTC) in € Kraken is the best. My last SEPA withdrawal on Kraken was on my account on the SAME DAY Wink
Right now volume on Kraken is a bit low as it is only a new exchange, but its good choice for the future. Importantly its a exchange with all registrations in order and you can choose what verification suits you best (4 levels).  Also LTC volume in Euro is building up too slowly.

BTC China i am not so sure, as far as i know you cant get money out of china.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
November 25, 2013, 07:57:55 AM
Bitstamp has treated me well, and the service level in BTC China is even better, if possible. Same day response in the midst of the most active trading day this week.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
November 25, 2013, 07:35:02 AM
I am planning to move all my bitcoins from local market to MTGox because of liquidity. Is this a wise idea? I know everyone on this thread would be negative about this - but are they scammers - or just some problems?

I really wouldn't recomend MtGox to anyone.

If you want liquidity for larger volumes, Bitstamp and BTC-E are much better options.

For small volumes (a few BTC) in € Kraken is the best. My last SEPA withdrawal on Kraken was on my account on the SAME DAY Wink
Activity: 94
November 25, 2013, 07:01:12 AM
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
November 22, 2013, 09:34:46 PM
I also got a SEPA transfer slightly above 1000 EUR today,about 5 weeks after I requested it.
Activity: 7
November 22, 2013, 06:47:14 PM
Just got a euro withdrawal from the 14/10/2013 look like they are just under 6 weeks delayed atm.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
November 22, 2013, 09:09:07 AM
Hi All - I'm at the point where I'm thinking of selling my BTC. I sold some on localbitcoins.com and the person transferred money that same day - no fuss. The rest of my BTC in MtGox ready to sell.. Is everyone more or less saying if I go down the Sell & Withdraw route of MtGox then it's going to be a 6-7 week wait for funds?

You'd be lucky to get a wire in 6-7 weeks. You'd be lucky to get anything at all. MtGox clearly doesn't want additional fiat withdrawal requests.

Withdraw the funds in BTC, sell them on LocalBitcoins - the UK national bank transfer market is a particularly good place to be selling into - usually you'll get a premium price and you'll often have funds show up in your account in less than 1hr with the faster payments method that most buyers use. Best to sell on a weekday during bank hours to a well established trader.
Jump to: