Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 225. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
November 22, 2013, 08:55:10 AM
Hi All - I'm at the point where I'm thinking of selling my BTC. I sold some on localbitcoins.com and the person transferred money that same day - no fuss. The rest of my BTC in MtGox ready to sell.. Is everyone more or less saying if I go down the Sell & Withdraw route of MtGox then it's going to be a 6-7 week wait for funds?

I read somewhere that MtGox are limited to just 10 Withdrawals per day from their Japanese bank which sounds ridiculous...

I'm based in UK as well..

Any advice much appreciated - Thanks,
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
November 21, 2013, 05:32:00 PM
I request a withdraw on 1000 USD on 2013/09/16 19:09:39 ( International Wire Transfer )
Still nothing in my bank account

Emergency wire with 5% extra fee or a regular one? Regular intl transfers aren't progressing at all (Gox says they take "more than 4 weeks" but that's bullshit, in effect they take forever, unless MtGox manages to sort out their shit). If have a euro bank account you can cancel and withdraw SEPA. Even SEPA transfers are horrendously behind schedule but they're at least being processed. The fastest way to withdraw fiat is Japanese domestic transfers (a couple of days) and the second fastest way is the emergency intl wire, which takes about 4 weeks. SEPA transfers take around 6 weeks currently but the lag is probably going to grow.

Many people just cancel their wires, buy BTC and sell elsewhere.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 21, 2013, 04:23:34 PM
I request a withdraw on 1000 USD on 2013/09/16 19:09:39 ( International Wire Transfer )
Still nothing in my bank account
Activity: 62
November 21, 2013, 01:05:48 PM
My €500 witdrawal from 10/13 changed to 'pending' today. Usually after that it takes a day to process.
I have more withdrawal requests in the queue and this actually is 20 days after the last withdrawal was processed.
Seems like the 6 week delay is correct, not sure if they are catching up now.
Right, so the money is now in my bankaccount. It has been 20 days since the last withdrawal (2013/09/17) was processed so it seems they are catching up on SEPA withdrawals.
Both withdrawals were for €500. I hope more people will post their withdrawal status so we can keep an eye on progress.
Activity: 111
November 21, 2013, 05:49:58 AM
Yesterday for a short while Bitstamp BTC price was higher than MtGox, so I used the chance to buy BTCs at Gox and transfer them to Bitstamp immediately. A bit risky in the current market turmoil, I know, but a fast way of getting your funds out.

yes, this works when you don't have the funds in a withdrawal request already. By the time you get the withdrawal cancelled the opportunity will most likely have vanished again Wink
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
November 21, 2013, 05:21:42 AM
Yesterday for a short while Bitstamp BTC price was higher than MtGox, so I used the chance to buy BTCs at Gox and transfer them to Bitstamp immediately. A bit risky in the current market turmoil, I know, but a fast way of getting your funds out.
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
November 21, 2013, 05:07:26 AM
My SEPA withdrawal from 2013/10/12  went "Pending" today, will report once the money is in my bank (should be tomorrow or Friday).

received in my bank today. 6 weeks is still a long time, and with the higher prices, and higher Euro amounts, new withdrawals might take even longer now? they really need to get this sorted out...

Thanks for this info. Was the withdrawal large (5000+), small (less than 1000) or somewhere in between?
November 21, 2013, 04:38:41 AM
My SEPA withdrawal from 2013/10/12  went "Pending" today, will report once the money is in my bank (should be tomorrow or Friday).

received in my bank today. 6 weeks is still a long time, and with the higher prices, and higher Euro amounts, new withdrawals might take even longer now? they really need to get this sorted out...
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
November 21, 2013, 01:29:21 AM
I just had four normal BTC transfers sent from bitcoin-qt using default fee settings take more than 24 hours.  Finally killed them off by spending the change output of all four transactions with a huge fee to attract child-pays-for-parent miners.  So, yes.  The BTC network is somewhat overloaded.  I have never experienced such delays before.  What is your experience?
There was a transient overload, with over 1000 transactions listed on http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php. But right now, there are only 174 pending for more than 2 hours.  None have a fee larger than 0.001 BTC. Most of the stuck transactions are no-fee transactions.
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
November 20, 2013, 05:09:11 PM
I just added a bank account for an incoming international wire at Gox. It's still "greyed out," how long until I can actually select it? Anyone know?

Also, I just did a BTC withdrawal from Gox and it took in a few minutes. You need to move at least 1.0 BTC though (and I paid the small fee).
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
November 20, 2013, 05:02:18 PM
seems to me like Mt gox is taking the piss. don't know how they can be allowed to not action things and take so long
Activity: 97
November 20, 2013, 03:14:37 PM
Nice to know that it takes 6 weeks to withdraw money. I have withdrawal from 2013/10/22 and still waiting, so I can expect processing in next 10 days.
November 20, 2013, 03:12:01 PM
Activity: 62
November 20, 2013, 09:34:41 AM
My €500 witdrawal from 10/13 changed to 'pending' today. Usually after that it takes a day to process.
I have more withdrawal requests in the queue and this actually is 20 days after the last withdrawal was processed.
Seems like the 6 week delay is correct, not sure if they are catching up now.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 19, 2013, 08:51:59 PM
Yesterday many guys converted  USD->BTC in MTGOX.  The amount of BTC is more than 100k.

Maybe the most part of  BTC is being withdrawed from MTGOX.  So the speed of BTC withdrawal is slower.

Now you can choose to waiting for BTC withdrawal or to waiting for USD withdrawal in MTGOX.

Activity: 37
November 19, 2013, 06:57:31 PM
Ok I just tried to post the transaction manually. I first did the suggested "decode" and that seemed to work, I dont understand the details of the JSON-like out, but there weren't any errors.

After posting the transaction, the website returned:

An outpoint is already spent [(97675055, 1), (97435242, 0), (97475290, 0), (97480163, 0), (97381466, 0), (97409916, 1), (97420573, 0)]

Looks like MtGox tried to double spend ?

legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
November 19, 2013, 06:50:40 PM
Wow thanks what a great resource.

I found my transaction on the page. Confirmed that a transaction fee is paid (0.0005) and there aren't any 'flags' associated with the transaction.

When I click on the transaction ID, another page opens w/ the blockchain explorer. Unfortunately the explorer says the transaction ID is not found. I tried a few other transactions and they show up in the explorer, with high queues positions.

Most of the 'old' transactions on the page are also showing up in the blockchain explorer, while mine is not. Should I be concerned?
You can try to push it yourself and see if there is an error.  Get the raw transaction from the page and paste it here: http://blockchain.info/pushtx
Activity: 37
November 19, 2013, 04:46:02 PM
Wow thanks what a great resource.

I found my transaction on the page. Confirmed that a transaction fee is paid (0.0005) and there aren't any 'flags' associated with the transaction.

When I click on the transaction ID, another page opens w/ the blockchain explorer. Unfortunately the explorer says the transaction ID is not found. I tried a few other transactions and they show up in the explorer, with high queues positions.

Most of the 'old' transactions on the page are also showing up in the blockchain explorer, while mine is not. Should I be concerned?

legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
November 19, 2013, 04:24:33 PM
Sturle, what's happening with BTC transfers? Is Gox overwhelming the BTC network with its huge volume, just as they did with the traditional financial system? Maybe the blockchain is just unable to keep up with Gox's thriving activity?
I just had four normal BTC transfers sent from bitcoin-qt using default fee settings take more than 24 hours.  Finnally killed them off by spending the change output of all four transactions with a huge fee to attract child-pays-for-parent miners.  So, yes.  The BTC network is somewhat overloaded.  I have never experienced such delays before.  What is your experience?

There are many reasons for the delays experienced by some.  (I never had the problem myself.)  The user Delerium, who hangs out in #mtgox and updates a wiki page about the delays, made this handy page for checking delays for individual transactions from MtGox.  Transactions which are more than 2 hours delayed will show up there.  The rest will get confirmed and never show up on this list.  If anyone are interested in the reason for the delay instead of bashing people here, have a look at the list for some interesting insight.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 19, 2013, 03:58:15 PM
Sturle, what's happening with BTC transfers? Is Gox overwhelming the BTC network with its huge volume, just as they did with the traditional financial system? Maybe the blockchain is just unable to keep up with Gox's thriving activity?

Please let us know.

/irony off

I'm glad I bailed out for good a few months ago. Shit is hitting the fan. Sturle, please explain us again how a +$10M hole is nothing for Gox as they do a lot of millions in trading fees and they can just cover any hit they get because they are super-mega-liquid.
Jump to: