Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 252. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 16, 2013, 11:17:13 AM
Suing a company for keeping to their own ToS which the user accepted?  Only in America..
Actually, in every civilised country you can't "write just anything" in a contract.
Illegal is illegal is illegal, doesn't matter if it's written down in a piece of signed paper.
Or are you suggesting that you really believe that if you sign a contract which says you should murder someone, that contract is valid?
True, but i doubt "user pays fees to third parties" is illegal.  To murder someone is illegal under most circumstances.  To pay a fee is not.  If paying fees is illegal, you may have a case against all Bitcoin exchanges and most banks as well.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
October 16, 2013, 10:30:58 AM
Just a data point for you guys, I just received my 4k € SEPA from MtGox today, the withdrawal was requested on 09/10/2013 and changed to pending yesterday.

My similar SEPA came also through yesterday. They had charged 30 € in costs.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
October 16, 2013, 09:44:51 AM
Just a data point for you guys, I just received my 4k € SEPA from MtGox today, the withdrawal was requested on 09/10/2013 and changed to pending yesterday.
So it fits the FAQ information on gox about SEPA: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits
Situation on October, the 16th : We are processing withdrawal requested September, the 10th. (Users with several withdrawal in the queue must take in account the 20 days rule)
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
October 16, 2013, 09:33:41 AM

Thank you for a rare on-topic post. about 10-12 days left for me maybe. (21/09)
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 16, 2013, 09:33:22 AM

those bastard owes us more than this and i m willing to show them how to deal with customers money

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
October 16, 2013, 09:01:21 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 16, 2013, 08:10:31 AM
Suing a company for keeping to their own ToS which the user accepted?  Only in America..
Actually, in every civilised country you can't "write just anything" in a contract.
Illegal is illegal is illegal, doesn't matter if it's written down in a piece of signed paper.
Or are you suggesting that you really believe that if you sign a contract which says you should murder someone, that contract is valid?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 16, 2013, 08:06:01 AM
Why don't you go for it and stop calling others 'sheep'?
Because I don't have any money in Mt. Gox.

Lame excuse.  It's still relatively easy to get money into Mt. Gox as I understand things.  It was a matter of sending in some BTC for me.  Took a matter of seconds.

What in the holy name of fuck?!?

Are you suggesting that he should send money to mt.gox in order to have an excuse to sue them, because the actual people who are hurt by mt.gox are lazy instead?

What's going on inside your head?
legendary
October 16, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
Why we should pay 5% to someone to get our money back?
Their bank demand this unreasonable (I can agree to that) fee to transfer the money,
You make a lot of excuses for MtGox without any evidence. Do you work for them?
Excuse?  This is just a fact, no excuse.  There is simply no reason for MtGox to lie about this, and I've heard people complaining about even higher bank fees for international wires.  I sell small amounts for PPUSD on #bitcoin-otc, and people buy seriously overpriced coins (mtgask + 10% + pp fees) to avoid even higher bank fees.

Why do you ask questions I already answered after the post you quoted, and multiple times before?
Activity: 280
October 16, 2013, 01:58:42 AM
Their bank demand this unreasonable (I can agree to that) fee to transfer the money,

You make a lot of excuses for MtGox without any evidence. Do you work for them?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
October 15, 2013, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: MtGox
[A]ny transaction fees levied by any bank intervening between the paying bank and the receiving bank (including the paying bank and the receiving bank) shall be deducted from the currencies transferred.
You don't have to.  You can withdraw by another method or wait for better times.  (Who wants USD anyway?  USD will be worthless in just two days.)

Which "other methods" allow a US customer to withdraw their USD from MtGox?
legendary
October 15, 2013, 04:37:25 PM
BY THE WAY

Isn't that racketeering?
It's a violation of what's called the "pre-existing duty rule" in contract law. If you're in the US, you paid the 5%, and got your money, you can sue in Delaware Small Claims Court and try to get the 5% back.
Are you their legal rep?

because i have so much to tell you.....
No, I am not affiliated with MtGox in any way more than you are.  Just finding facts and trying to help while keeping my feet on the ground.
October 15, 2013, 04:26:11 PM
BY THE WAY

Isn't that racketeering?
It's a violation of what's called the "pre-existing duty rule" in contract law. If you're in the US, you paid the 5%, and got your money, you can sue in Delaware Small Claims Court and try to get the 5% back.

Are you their legal rep?

because i have so much to tell you.....
legendary
October 15, 2013, 04:20:28 PM
BY THE WAY

Isn't that racketeering?
legendary
Activity: 1204
October 15, 2013, 04:16:56 PM
BY THE WAY

Isn't that racketeering?

Mt. Gox has a legal presence in Delaware, which they established to register with FinCen. So they can be sued there. Suing a non-US entity via their US presence in Delaware is a routine legal event.

Advice from a lawyer would be helpful, but you're not required to have one for a small claim.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
Their bank demand this unreasonable (I can agree to that) fee to transfer the money, and it is written in MtGox's Terms of Service (which you accepted, remember?):
Quote from: MtGox
[A]ny transaction fees levied by any bank intervening between the paying bank and the receiving bank (including the paying bank and the receiving bank) shall be deducted from the currencies transferred.
You don't have to.  You can withdraw by another method or wait for better times.  (Who wants USD anyway?  USD will be worthless in just two days.)
October 15, 2013, 02:51:04 PM
BY THE WAY

isnt that racketeering?

i m not sure this is allowed by the laws to block someone s money and finding lame excuse not to paying it
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
October 15, 2013, 02:11:40 PM
To which date of usd wire requests they have gotten?
Or if you have got an usd wire from them soon, when did you place the request.
I'm waiting for over 3 months now and trying to figure out if my turn is coming soon

They are not processing standard SWIFT USD Withdraws. Unless you pay the 5%, there's no withdraw option for US customers ATM.

Even if you pay the 5%, you still don't get your money.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.
October 15, 2013, 10:01:42 AM
baaaahhhhh I am going to call my bank and see if the fraud department can help me by telling me if there has been any transfers from them I'm not sure if they will discuss\disclose information   but it's worth a shot.

perhaps the recent rise in their Bitcoin price (and increase in price differences between them and other markets) is from people canceling & buying btc to get out?

Maybe it's a sign of the end for mg

the spread between exchanges stays between 10% so this theory is wrong.

Saying that is like discounting evolution because we cant find the missing link, or believing bitcoins are for criminals because criminals use them. I had no numbers, but gox still is the leader.

DHS may not be a hoax but it is a joke. IMHO.

Regardless, does it not seem plausible that people are starting to cancel transactions and in the process raising the price as they jump ship ? I am no expert, but in most markets the largest exchange has the lower price (supply\demand), and why is the exchange that is having extreme delays and shit service also have the highest price?

I don't know how significant the effect on price the cancel and buy out would be, but it's the only explanation I have at the moment. Admittedly it's not a complete explanation.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 09:52:04 AM
Just bringing this here for completeness, since a few people are interested in domestic JPY delays as well.  From #mtgox today:
Code:
11:33 <@MagicalTux> we just met with the bank for domestic transfer today
11:33 <@MagicalTux> within 2 to 3 months we'll be able to offer realtime
                    transfers in Japan (you press a button on mtgox.com, the
                    next second your account is credited)

No news about international wires.  Sad
This information belongs into the more official channels like facebook, Mt.Gox homepage.
It does not belong into btctalk/irc only. Now sturle, please make this happen so that a
broader audience is brought into the feedback loop.
I do not work at MtGox, and have no influence over their web pages, Facebook pages, etc.  MtGox will probably announce it there when it is ready.  I have asked them to give more accurate and honest withdrawal times on their web pages many times.  So far they haven't done so, and I try to collect the information I can get from various sources and publish it here.  My information will not be 100% accurate, but I think I am more precise than the official information from MtGox.
Jump to: