Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 255. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
October 14, 2013, 01:39:34 AM
I have faith in MtGox.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 14, 2013, 01:25:22 AM
Will one of you sheep please sue Mt. Gox?

It would be fairly straightforward to get yourself into a position where you can legitimately do so.  I know...I did it with some deliberation a few months ago, though I doubt that Mt. Gox would/will be the likely target.  Why don't you go for it and stop calling others 'sheep'?

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
October 14, 2013, 01:17:07 AM
Will one of you sheep please sue Mt. Gox?
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
October 14, 2013, 12:09:51 AM
I think SEPA is up to a little over a month. I have a transfer pending since mid sept.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.
October 13, 2013, 10:36:40 PM
I am waiting on multiple transactions, one for less then $100 (as a test) and others over 1k. I made mine middle of last month, I really want to do more business but I would be asking to be ripped off if I put any more into gox now. At least until they get their shit together. Not sure whats going on but it is starting to feel like the backlog explanation is not holding up. I will keep you posted if I have any updates.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 13, 2013, 10:11:15 PM
Anybody manage to withdraw USD yet?
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
October 13, 2013, 10:10:15 PM
... and EUR withdrawals via SEPA works as it always has.

You must be on drugs. A year ago SEPA withdrawals really only took a few days to get through. Now it takes weeks and weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
October 13, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
The delay is quite predictable based on EUR volume at MtGox, and the cause for SEPA delay is the same as it has always been.
So you are finally accepting that Gox simply doesnt have the cash to pay out everybody.

And please no more misleading infos about the "daily limit":

This is not even a business account, but one can withdraw 1kkk PLN or 23kk+ EUR a day from WBK  by a lousy SMS confirmation.
Hypothetically they could pay out all BTC that exist in under 50 days by SEPA.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
October 13, 2013, 05:50:49 PM
EUR withdrawals via SEPA works as it always has
Uh?
A few months ago I got the message "SEPA withdrawals are delayed by at least two weeks", and that's when I stopped using Gox.
I've no idea if they are working now, but they definitely haven't been "always working".
Why didn't you quote my next sentence as well where I address this issue?

I.e. slow but predictable due to a daily limit.
Two weeks is the lowest delay for SEPA transfers > 1000 EUR in more than a year.  The delay is back to five weeks now, which is the same as in May.  The delay is quite predictable based on EUR volume at MtGox, and the cause for SEPA delay is the same as it has always been.
I didn't quote it because I somehow managed to miss it, I apoligise.

That being said, if I really wanted to be anal, I could object that they haven't "always" been so slow anyway. I.e. before all these problems, they worked fine as they were supposed to.

But again, I apologise for the misquote.
legendary
October 13, 2013, 05:49:06 PM

I thought I heard that Mt. Gox did this (hold customer's BTC hostage) a long time ago, but that appears to have been wrong or that the policy had changed. 

From what I have gathered, it looks like they do this occasionally, if they suspect an account has been hacked into / some other foul play.

Makes sense.  This is the kind of policy thing that should be front and center in a FAQ.  When it is not, it seems like one pretty much has to assume the worst.

I don't like to rely on 'hope' when it comes to financial matters.  One of the main failings of Bitcoin, in my opinion, is that doing so is usually non-optional if on wishes to play at all.  A classic example was when I requested a wire from Mt. Gox.  At least I was under no false illusion that I would get it in a timely manner (if at all.)  Not because of any information that Mt. Gox saw fit to provided but mostly because of reports on this forum.

legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
October 13, 2013, 05:47:48 PM
Uh?
A few months ago I got the message "SEPA withdrawals are delayed by at least two weeks", and that's when I stopped using Gox.
I've no idea if they are working now, but they definitely haven't been "always working".
Why didn't you quote my next sentence as well where I address this issue?

I.e. slow but predictable due to a daily limit.
Two weeks is the lowest delay for SEPA transfers > 1000 EUR in more than a year.  The delay is back to five weeks now, which is the same as in May.  The delay is quite predictable based on EUR volume at MtGox, and the cause for SEPA delay is the same as it has always been.
Activity: 501
October 13, 2013, 05:32:28 PM

I thought I heard that Mt. Gox did this (hold customer's BTC hostage) a long time ago, but that appears to have been wrong or that the policy had changed. 

From what I have gathered, it looks like they do this occasionally, if they suspect an account has been hacked into / some other foul play.
legendary
October 13, 2013, 05:02:39 PM
Question: why didn't you convert to BTC and use Bitstamp instead?

For me, I didn't want to give my identity docs to them.  They don't have the history that Karpeles does, and as far as I am concerned the guy has proven pretty reliable...by Bitcoin standards at least.

I figured it was just a matter of time before Bitstamp was squeezed, so forming a relationship with them would be exposing myself to that much more risk.  And indeed, if some of their customers are to be believed, they went as far as to block BTC transfers out absent identity documents.

I thought I heard that Mt. Gox did this (hold customer's BTC hostage) a long time ago, but that appears to have been wrong or that the policy had changed.  Just before sending Mt. Gox my DOX I withdrew half of my BTC to sell by another method and had no trouble doing so.  That happened several months ago.

Parenthetically, the non-Mt. Gox sale was complete within a week while an equal sale (+ wire and exchange fees) is still stuck somewhere between Mt. Gox and my bank account.  Where, exactly, is unknown...it seems to be not the kind of information that Mt. Gox feels like divulging to their customers.

Bitgoblin
October 13, 2013, 04:48:42 PM
Question: why didn't you convert to BTC and use Bitstamp instead?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 13, 2013, 04:28:17 PM
im waiting for my withdrawal in USD about 5 weeks now Sad
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
October 13, 2013, 04:24:35 PM
Uh?

I've been waiting since 2013-09-18 (so well over 3 weeks) for a < 1000 EUR SEPA withdrawal, so there is at least some trouble there as well.
Bitgoblin
October 13, 2013, 03:47:33 PM
Uh?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
October 13, 2013, 12:52:01 PM
They mystery to me is who is putting fiat in given that it is a relatively shitty place to buy if price is what one cares about?

That's the mother of all questions!

And I don't think it's many people that put fiat in. Hence the long withdrawal delays.

Why pay 144USD at MtGox for a Bitcoin when I can get it for 128USD at Bitstamp?

The Fiat were always there (orderbook once showed > $24m in bids) I doubt Fresh money is pouring in when SAME bitcoin can be bought cheaper.
legendary
October 13, 2013, 12:51:57 PM
They mystery to me is who is putting fiat in given that it is a relatively shitty place to buy if price is what one cares about?

And I don't think it's many people that put fiat in. Hence the long withdrawal delays.
You fail in two ways.  1: The fiat is already there.  They don't need more fiat in to process withdrawals.  Which is also proven by 2: Domestic JPY withdrawals work fine and EUR withdrawals via SEPA works as it always has.  I.e. slow but predictable due to a daily limit.

If that is true in a major way then Mt. Gox is eating it's own tail and one can expect to see a drastic shift in their situation at some point.  And it would probably occur rather rapidly at the end...like when water disappears from a large flat heated surface.

I'd also point out that the fact that JPY and EUR via SEPA still work is NOT great evidence of the lack of a liquidity problem.  If one existed then it would be logical to address it by failing to perform on less than 100% but greater than 0% of the withdraw methods.

That said, regulatory hassles associated with FATCA and the legal issues that Mt. Gox has in the US are perfectly sufficient as a possible explanation of the problems I am experiencing (2 months with no joy on my intl USD wire) and liquidity solvency issues on the part of Mt. Gox are entirely optional.

edit: fix
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
October 13, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

You fail in two ways.  1: The fiat is already there.  They don't need more fiat in to process withdrawals.  Which is also proven by 2: Domestic JPY withdrawals work fine and EUR withdrawals via SEPA works as it always has.  I.e. slow but predictable due to a daily limit.
Jump to: