Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 279. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 14, 2013, 01:32:48 PM

I'd say that Mt. Gox's viability under what appears to be significant attack (including appropriation of funds) by banks, governments, and Coinlabs is subject to some question.

I have roughly five large which is under management of Mt. Gox which is the amount that I felt rational to put at risk.  This, in part, because it seemed like a number which was non-trivial enough to give me cause to seek relief upon it's loss.  Almost exactly one month ago it was 'confirmed' by Mt. Gox as being requested as an outgoing international wire and has remianed in that status since.  Naturally I keep records and evidence of all UI changes.  (I should also clarify that my primary goal and desire is simply to receive the USD for personal use reasons.)

I expect to pursue relief via legal channels if/when Mt. Gox folds and/or if Mt. Gox remains operation but refuses to take action on my request for a sufficient duration.  I am, however, not a legal expert and do not know the appropriate questions to ask in an attempt to collect information for future action.

For my part, my current best hypothesis is that Krapeles would prefer to run a solid and responsive business and would be doing so absent attack.  Accordingly, I am at this time most interested in provoking transparency into the nature and mechanics of the attacks and funds appropriations which have impacted Mt. Gox as a business and consequently the funds I supplied and have had at least impacted by access performance issues if not completely lost.

The point of this post is to brainstorm about such things, and to see if anyone else is thinking along the same lines and interested in forming a group of interested and impacted parties.  I suspect that formulating a group of potential future strategies and collecting information now which might be of use to them may be of value going forward.

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 14, 2013, 12:26:31 PM
True it's a crossing fingers game. I remember how a long and painfull process for some it was to realize that Pirate@40 never had the intent to pay back anything. On the same lines BFL was considered a fake by the majority here for most of their life, but in the end still delivering. So the lesson is never say never.

However the point is also giving possible future customers of Mt.Gox a balanced informed choice. If you want silence because you "hope" that new deposits will be used to fund you account, you are just as bad as any pyramid scheme participant.

History is full of businesses taking customer money up till the second they declare bankruptcy.

It's very important that there is a thread like this one and others on the problem with Gox on this forum. Not reacting against cloudiness is a serious setback for the credibility of Bitcoin. An outsider can easily judge us all as being in on this scam called Bitcoin if we pretend things are better left alone.

I'm not claiming that Mt.Gox has bought them self in their current situation on purpose and with the intend to commit fraud, not at all. However Their only option is to come forward and present a recovery plan together with a disclosure of those of their business partners supporting their recovery plan.

If we just sit here on our hands and try to kid our selves into thinking that this will go away, we are just too stupid.

They have business wise fucked up several times so even if they manage to steer out of this one, it's only a matter of time before we learn that something equally bad has been going on for a long time and someone again have misplaced money!

Gox needs professional management, a board and back bending compliance with their obligations as a money transmitter, or completely finish dealing with US banks or USD if that does the trick, take their business overseas as they started out.

They have plenty of ways to communicate that they are doing exactly that. In that way they would also acknowledge that they are not taking any deposits to cover their debt.

Hush hush takes no one nowhere
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 14, 2013, 11:07:04 AM
The Bitcoin community is strange. No articles on Forbes, /. or other media. Such a media storm would force them to come up with a coherent answer.
Matonis is the Forbes-Guy. He is also a member of the board
on https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board
together with Karpeles. In addition, he is often on bitcoincharts.com,
which is run by Tibanne corporation (perform a whois query).

I'd say Forbes is out of the question for critique in this case.

But do we need more critique? An assessment of Mt.Gox 's
financial position besides looking at symptoms, which can
be created through FUD and fortified, is imho needed.

Every follow-up exchange profits from Mt.Gox taking a loss.
September 14, 2013, 09:37:07 AM
The Bitcoin community is strange. No articles on Forbes, /. or other media. Such a media storm would force them to come up with a coherent answer.

The Genesis Block: http://thegenesisblock.com/mt-gox-withdrawal-freeze-driving-significant-liquidity-concerns/

Let's Talk Bitcoin!: https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e23-1-is-mt-gox-insolvent-lets

There's probably more...

Nice articles, but I was hinting to main stream media. Forbes has an on-line reporter quite into Bitcoin and  not afraid of writing critical articles, and earlier this year, both FOX and BBC followed Bitcoin intensely. I would imagine that news like that would attract their attention. The first link you posted from "thegenesisblock.com" is actually quite encouraging, the figures in the article suggest that they can work their way out of it especially if they get some investor or sell their ass to let's say Forex.

So not all of Gox is bad, just one guy's theft and lies.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 14, 2013, 04:50:35 AM
I would imagine that the 5% manual withdraws are prioritized by wire size (and as such a 1000 dollar wire is going to be very low priority. I would imagein this because they only get 10 wires per day, why would they waste one on under 1000...
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
September 14, 2013, 04:48:51 AM

The Genesis Block: http://thegenesisblock.com/mt-gox-withdrawal-freeze-driving-significant-liquidity-concerns/

Let's Talk Bitcoin!: https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e23-1-is-mt-gox-insolvent-lets

There's probably more...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
September 14, 2013, 12:50:52 AM
Canada
Under 1k.

Waiting one month.
1 week of that is rush 5% fee.

still waiting.

Wow, that's outrageous. The next thing MtGox could offer is instantaneous fiat transfer to anywhere in the world: for 100% fee.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
September 13, 2013, 10:07:51 PM
waiting 27 days now,still waiting ,just 1K   
September 13, 2013, 10:01:28 PM

A guy from Norway just did a SEPA EUR withdrawl, only took a few days, according to his post on the Scandinavian sub forum.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 13, 2013, 08:31:19 PM
Canada
Under 1k.

Waiting one month.
1 week of that is rush 5% fee.

still waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
September 13, 2013, 03:24:50 PM
guys someone who´s familiar with it should sum up the situation with Peter Vesseness and post it on reddit to give it some exposure!
Yes, someone should do a reddit post to see what's the general answer to this.
Activity: 27
September 13, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
guys someone who´s familiar with it should sum up the situation with Peter Vesseness and post it on reddit to give it some exposure!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 13, 2013, 02:37:38 PM
Just to inform (as the topic is/was):

I got my euros from Gox today (via SEPA transfer). Took 7 business days.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a SEPA transfer.
Is it for over 30K EUR?

No. Actually less than 10K EUR.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 13, 2013, 02:22:10 PM

Is it for over 30K EUR?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 13, 2013, 01:58:45 PM

Activity: 8
September 13, 2013, 01:48:58 PM

Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
September 13, 2013, 09:07:48 AM
On top of that.  CoinLab (aka Peter Vesseness – I nominated him for a scammer tag here on the forum months ago) stole even more than the DHS seized later.  Read it.
This man has done more damage to Bitcoin than anyone possibly could have until now, yet he is chairman to the Bitcoin Foundation. Congratulations to him.

You serious? The one behind the Coinlab theft is in the bitcoin foundation? A real gangster. What's his nametag here? I'll give him a scammer tag too.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 13, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
I'm going to initiate a withdrawal here soon within the next couple of days. I'm just selling off the last bit of bitcoins in my Gox account first. Once I do, I will follow up to let you know how it goes. The fact is, many people simply use bad, unreliable banks and banks that are under constant legal heat for various reasons. I handle internationals transactions all the time at my bank from various countries. I am willing to bet I'll see the funds within a few weeks.

Unlike the nonsense I've read so far, when I post back with my results, I'll provide detailed information about my transaction including my bank, total withdrawal amount, and any other information that I feel would help others. I won't boast vague accusations no matter what the outcome is.

Good luck. The only way to get money out of Gox to USA is with the special 5% fee transfer.
Activity: 9
September 12, 2013, 11:28:04 PM
I think you guys are getting aheads of yourselves. I agree that Peter does look like a scumbag, just judging from his mug shot. However, that does not mean he is one.

I have heard nothing but bashing Gox here so far in this thread, but nobody has really given solid evidence and facts to support their claims since June--just random self-proclaimed accusations. Instead, this thread is just a big flood of rage posts and conspiracy theories. That renders this whole thread almost utterly pointless, unorganized, and not very helpful to people like me who are looking for factual, reliable, and organized information.

I'm going to initiate a withdrawal here soon within the next couple of days. I'm just selling off the last bit of bitcoins in my Gox account first. Once I do, I will follow up to let you know how it goes. The fact is, many people simply use bad, unreliable banks and banks that are under constant legal heat for various reasons. I handle internationals transactions all the time at my bank from various countries. I am willing to bet I'll see the funds within a few weeks.

Unlike the nonsense I've read so far, when I post back with my results, I'll provide detailed information about my transaction including my bank, total withdrawal amount, and any other information that I feel would help others. I won't boast vague accusations no matter what the outcome is.

By the time there is evidence its too late.

Anyone that has played with HYIP's or pyramids knows whats up right now.
Activity: 19
September 12, 2013, 11:24:22 PM
Today is the 2 month anniversary of my first fiat withdrawal. Still not happening. I'm seriously thinking of taking up the 5% haircut manual withdrawal option. If anyone has a solid reason for me not doing it, I'd like to hear about it

Where is that 5% manual withdrawal option??
Jump to: