Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 281. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
September 12, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

• EUR via SEPA is less than one week
    • smaller than 1000 EUR will get in a priority queue and used to fill the daily quota

I don't think this is currently true, as I have a small EUR withdrawal (631 eur) with confirmed status since Sep 2, more than a week ago. I would have requested a bigger one, though, if I knew it was going to take the same.

yes, one SEPA every 20 days does also count for withdrawals under 1000€
(see my and mrnejc's post)

Good to know

It's my first fiat withdrawal from Gox, I have no previous withdrawals requested. So I think the 20-day limit should not count here.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 12, 2013, 04:05:46 PM
I have been unable to get anywhere with these SEPA Withdrawals, but I heard from someone today that GBP is working just fine,  can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

GBP is not working fine, at least by international wire. I have a pending wire from July 11.

I believe some banks (like Citibank) will transmit and receive SEPA payments, even for accounts in GBP (though this incurs exchange fees)
Please ask your source and confirm whether they received an international wire or a SEPA to a GBP account at a bank that supports SEPA.

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
September 12, 2013, 12:37:43 PM
I don't think this is currently true, as I have a small EUR withdrawal (631 eur) with confirmed status since Sep 2, more than a week ago. I would have requested a bigger one, though, if I knew it was going to take the same.
It's my first fiat withdrawal from Gox, I have no previous withdrawals requested. So I think the 20-day limit should not count here.
Have you tried to ask support about it?  Since it is your first withdrawal, there might be a problem with your account information.  Sure it was withdrawn via SEPA?  Method should be "European (EURO)", NOT "International wire".
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
September 12, 2013, 08:24:06 AM

• smaller than 1000 EUR will get in a priority queue and used to fill the daily quota

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
September 12, 2013, 04:13:10 AM
Are SWIFT transfers better than ABA through Gox? I can do either at my bank.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 12, 2013, 12:04:13 AM
Five digit USD withdrawal of 13 June still not processed.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
September 11, 2013, 11:07:54 PM
As of September, how long are withdrawals to US banks taking using ABA? I have some cash in my Gox account I want to withdraw.

They seem to be stuck back at early June withdrawl requests.

I know that English is a flexible language, but stretching "few" to mean 13 and counting is stretching it beyond exaggeration into prevarication. Clearly, ABA transfers have halted.

I've contacted MTGox support yesterday asking about the status of my bending USD wire withdraw. Here is the response I've just received:

#######################################
Thank you for contacting us regarding your withdrawal request.
Due to a change in our banking system we are currently experiencing a back-log of withdrawals that we need to process.
Our team is working hard to increase transaction speeds, but there is approximately a few-week back-log we need to overcome.
It will take a few weeks to get back to normal, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
Again, we apologize for the delay and we will contact you once your withdrawal has been processed.

Will keep you posted!
Everyone receives the same reply, word by word, from MtGox's support.

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
September 11, 2013, 10:00:00 PM
As of September, how long are withdrawals to US banks taking using ABA? I have some cash in my Gox account I want to withdraw.

They seem to be stuck back at early June withdrawl requests.
Activity: 196
September 11, 2013, 09:39:39 PM
I asked the other day (per ticket), if the information provided here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3024749

were accurate.

In short, the answer is a clear yes. Sturle is backed up by their answer.
Cheers Benjamin (the one who will soon find out, if that holds)
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
September 11, 2013, 08:18:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
September 11, 2013, 10:39:22 AM

Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
September 11, 2013, 10:35:32 AM

Activity: 336
September 11, 2013, 08:14:50 AM
I have been unable to get anywhere with these SEPA Withdrawals, but I heard from someone today that GBP is working just fine,  can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks
Activity: 238
September 11, 2013, 05:35:25 AM
I've contacted MTGox support yesterday asking about the status of my bending USD wire withdraw. Here is the response I've just received:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your withdrawal request.
Due to a change in our banking system we are currently experiencing a back-log of withdrawals that we need to process.
Our team is working hard to increase transaction speeds, but there is approximately a few-week back-log we need to overcome.
It will take a few weeks to get back to normal, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
Again, we apologize for the delay and we will contact you once your withdrawal has been processed.

Will keep you posted!
Everyone receives the same reply, word by word, from MtGox's support.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 11, 2013, 03:41:51 AM
Update from my side:

For now it looks like the claims sturle made are correct at least for EU SEPA withdrawals.

I had my first withdrawal on Aug 14th, and then created a bunch of smaller withdrawals - as per claim that they give you one transaction every 20 days I canceled the smaller ones and created 1 large withdrawal on Aug 27th.

Today (Sep 11th), exactly 21 working-days after first withdrawal, status of newly created went from confirmed to pending.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
September 10, 2013, 09:54:37 PM
Just so you know the alleged EUR limt is total bs:
http://www.bzwbk.pl/firmy/bankowosc-elektroniczna/pakiet-moja-firma-plus/pakiet-moja-firma-plus.html
They can withdraw 100kk PLN or 23.5kk EUR daily.
And thats the limit for small businesses with SMS transaction confirmation.
Activity: 224
September 10, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
Today is the 2 month anniversary of my first fiat withdrawal. Still not happening. I'm seriously thinking of taking up the 5% haircut manual withdrawal option. If anyone has a solid reason for me not doing it, I'd like to hear about it
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
September 10, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
Thought I'd add another data point to the woeful record of Gox on withdrawals. AUD withdrawal inititated August 21st, still waiting. There's no indicaion anywhere on Gox's site that there were such problems with AUD, but when I asked why they hadn't posted about it or updated their FAQ they maintained that it had been covered in existing press releases. The closest thing to a mention was when they refer to a 2 week backlog, but this is way more than 2 weeks.

I have had a lengthy exchange in my ticket, but nothing new really came out of it. I can post it anyway if anyone is interested. They explicitly stated that they cannot provide information on their throughput ability (ie how many wires per day they are capable of transferring) or on the size of the queue.

They also offered a 'manual wire transfer' with a 5% fee, that supposedly is charged by the bank.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
September 10, 2013, 07:00:20 PM
I like your style guys... But gox is still there.
Still ruling the price.

We need a movement. "Free Roger Ver" sound good to me.
Activity: 420
September 10, 2013, 06:43:08 PM

Sounds like what this retard said.

Probably the most unintentionally hilarious video in the annals of bitcoin history, he doesn't look troubled or under duress at all. 

Wasn't it? I fully expected a "Free Roger Ver" movement to rise up and demand his release... with t-shirts and bumper stickers.
Jump to: