Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 285. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111
September 08, 2013, 01:16:49 PM
If that is really banking issues, why don't they use Western Union? I believe WU fee is much lower than 5%
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
September 08, 2013, 01:12:36 PM
And of course this was not put into the updates on their press releases.

Make a press release and leave out important information like this = Gox's style of running a "professional" business.
Right. That's how Mt. Gox divides the suckers into tiers.

There are the suckers who believe what it says on the Mt. Gox web site: "Trade with confidence on the world's largest Bitcoin exchange".   And their press releases: "Mt. Gox is happy to announce that global account withdrawals have now fully resumed as of today" (July 4, 2013). Those suckers are likely to keep their money in Mt. Gox because they have no idea there's a problem. Mt. Gox keeps them in the dark.

The next class of suckers are those who know Mt. Gox has problems, but think they have some way around them. Those are the people who think it's OK if USD withdrawals don't work as long as SEPA or JPY or Bitcoin withdrawals do. Mt. Gox keeps them happy by alternating between delays in each withdrawal method.

Then there are the ones who don't quit because they're addicted to gambling and Mt. Gox is the biggest bookie around. These are the kind of people who knowingly invest in Ponzi schemes, thinking they'll get out early and be one of the winners. 
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
September 08, 2013, 05:35:49 AM
I think you should not spread, that SEPA transfers are solved, until you saw it with your own eyes.. And even if no one here is lying it could be the same as usual, that it's just luck which transfer is fast and which not.
Fact is that there are thousands of undone withdraws pending or "confirmed" since weeks or months. Only if these undone transfers were done, they can say "it's solved".
You have to document your claim of thousands of withdraws pending.  I count a total of three recent SEPA withdrawals in this thread which have been pending for more  than two weeks.  Each one reeported over and over.  Standard international withdrawal is very slow.  We know that.  There is a huge backlog from the middle of June.

I'll try a four digit SEPA withdrawal next week, and report back.
I have 5 open SEPA transfers. 3 of them about 200€, one 400€ and one of 800€.  I ordered the transfers: 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/31 ,2013/08/12 and 2013/08/14. One order from 2013/07/26 about 200€ I got after 3 weeks.

So nothing is solved for open transfers... and I doubt it's solved for new transfers, but we will see.

Edit: ah and one withdrawl about 150€ from 2013/07/23 I got after a few days.

Edit2: just because there are not many people reporting delayed transfers, u can't say there are no. Because at the moment it's "normal" and normally no one cares about it anymore.
Today I made a new SEPA transfer about 300€, I will report back, if I get them next week.
I didn't have to contact support.  MagicalTux explained it on #mtgox today:
Code:
13:30 < jouke> Just received an answer on my ticket: "We were bound to certain
               withdrawal limits per day which forces the requests to pile up
               in long queue. We suggest you to cancel all your pending
               withdrawal request and make a new combined single request. So
               that it be processed faster."
13:32 <@MagicalTux> remember one thing
13:32 <@MagicalTux> if you did multiple requests, only one can be processed
                    every ~20 days
In short: Cancel all your tiny withdrawals and merge them into one.  It will be processed much faster.

That is fuckin VITAL information.

Also a convenient way to move you to the back of the line.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 08, 2013, 12:18:49 AM
I think you should not spread, that SEPA transfers are solved, until you saw it with your own eyes.. And even if no one here is lying it could be the same as usual, that it's just luck which transfer is fast and which not.
Fact is that there are thousands of undone withdraws pending or "confirmed" since weeks or months. Only if these undone transfers were done, they can say "it's solved".
You have to document your claim of thousands of withdraws pending.  I count a total of three recent SEPA withdrawals in this thread which have been pending for more  than two weeks.  Each one reeported over and over.  Standard international withdrawal is very slow.  We know that.  There is a huge backlog from the middle of June.

I have 5 open SEPA transfers. 3 of them about 200€, one 400€ and one of 800€.  I ordered the transfers: 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/31 ,2013/08/12 and 2013/08/14. One order from 2013/07/26 about 200€ I got after 3 weeks.

So nothing is solved for open transfers... and I doubt it's solved for new transfers, but we will see.

Edit2: just because there are not many people reporting delayed transfers, u can't say there are no. Because at the moment it's "normal" and normally no one cares about it anymore.
Today I made a new SEPA transfer about 300€, I will report back, if I get them next week.
Code:
                    every ~20 days
In short: Cancel all your tiny withdrawals and merge them into one.  It will be processed much faster.

And of course this was not put into the updates on their press releases.

Make a press release and leave out important information like this = Gox's style of running a "professional" business.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
September 07, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

Code:
                    every ~20 days

Activity: 426
Merit: 250
September 05, 2013, 12:54:58 PM
Welp. Besides all the fiat problems, they also have a problem with BTC withdrawals... They spend Coinbase transactions with only 6 confirmation...
This coin selection bug is fixed now, isn't it?  Somebody are mining to a MtGox address.  Clever.  I can understand why MtGox didn't think of that.
This happened today.
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
September 05, 2013, 11:50:31 AM
Welp. Besides all the fiat problems, they also have a problem with BTC withdrawals... They spend Coinbase transactions with only 6 confirmation...
This coin selection bug is fixed now, isn't it?  Somebody are mining to a MtGox address.  Clever.  I can understand why MtGox didn't think of that.
September 05, 2013, 11:46:41 AM

(coinbase transactions are unspendable in the first 120 blocks)

so how much time it takes a BTC withdrawal?

It depends on luck, but if you are unlucky, it may take over a day.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
September 05, 2013, 11:39:52 AM
Anybody know what an expected time would be for the validation of a new withdrawal method?

Been two days now since I added one.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
September 05, 2013, 11:00:17 AM

so how much time it takes a BTC withdrawal?
September 05, 2013, 10:10:12 AM

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 05, 2013, 09:28:42 AM
I think you are right, I got 1 out of 4 payments from August. What status do peoples withdrawals get stuck on?
Do you have a counter-example to this? (Days are business days.)  I've noticed one claim of delayed JPY domestic transfer as well.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3024749
It depends, you wrote this:

smaller than 1000 EUR will get in a priority queue and used to fill the daily quota
larger than 1000 EUR, up to 30000 EUR are processed in FIFO order

Do you count exactly 1000 as above or smaller as 1000 row?
And from which date do you count the 10 business days? From the day you received it? On of my orders was around 93 but still didn't get through eventough 10 business days had passed since receiving the first order.
I don't know if the limit is <= 1000 or < 1000.  The 10 business days are counted from the date your last payment was completed.  Unfortunately cancelling seems to count as completed as well.  10 days is variable.  It depends on the current queue, and used to be higher.

Ok thanks, well it seems your description is pretty accurate then.
legendary
September 05, 2013, 06:49:55 AM
Update on Local JP Bank account withdrawal.   Going into day 7 with no money in sight.  Day 3 with no reply from support as to what there average withdrawal in Japan has gone up to, and no response from their "Banking" department on when the money is expected to transfer.   My transfer before this one was 1 business day.  So something has changed.
Have you heard of other people having the same problem?  This is the only report I have seen recently about delayed JPY domestic transfer.  What is the status of the transfer?  Confirmed or pending?

In other news: My SEPA withdrawal went pending today.  Expect to have the money tomorrow.  Will buy BTC (most likely from a private seller to save time and fees), sell again on MtGox and hopefully make 10%.
legendary
September 04, 2013, 05:49:05 PM
I think you are right, I got 1 out of 4 payments from August. What status do peoples withdrawals get stuck on?
Do you have a counter-example to this? (Days are business days.)  I've noticed one claim of delayed JPY domestic transfer as well.

smaller than 1000 EUR will get in a priority queue and used to fill the daily quota

And from which date do you count the 10 business days? From the day you received it? On of my orders was around 93 but still didn't get through eventough 10 business days had passed since receiving the first order.
I don't know if the limit is <= 1000 or < 1000.  The 10 business days are counted from the date your last payment was completed.  Unfortunately cancelling seems to count as completed as well.  10 days is variable.  It depends on the current queue, and used to be higher.
September 04, 2013, 03:38:47 PM
Since apparently some people are receiving SEPA withdrawals with minimal waiting, the claim that Mt. Gox is working on a "queue" is quite laughable from my perspective. My theory is that everybody receives "something" every few weeks in effort to calm people down.

legendary
September 04, 2013, 03:12:29 PM
Since apparently some people are receiving SEPA withdrawals with minimal waiting, the claim that Mt. Gox is working on a "queue" is quite laughable from my perspective. My theory is that everybody receives "something" every few weeks in effort to calm people down.
Do you have a counter-example to this? (Days are business days.)  I've noticed one claim of delayed JPY domestic transfer as well.

September 04, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
To contrast some reports that SEPA transfers are now fast, I just yesterday received a 1000€ SEPA withdrawal that I made on May 8th 2013 (so almost 4 months). Previous payment I received was on Aug 14th for a withdrawal made just day before on May 7th (also 1000€). I have 2 more 1000€ withdrawals pending made on May 10th and May 14th.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
September 04, 2013, 02:25:48 PM
Like a bank run... a self fulfilling prophesy.
legendary
September 04, 2013, 01:38:35 PM
@ sturle:
what about your withdraw? ^^  How long it should take before u made ur own counterexample? Cheesy
Long story short: There was a problem with it, so the first attempt failed.  The next attempt got in the long queue because it became the second attempt in less than 10 days. Angry

It should go out tomorrow.
Activity: 467
September 04, 2013, 11:27:30 AM
Still have International wire to US outstanding from June 25th.. Yes June 25th.. heading towards (3) months since transfer was requested..

I, like many others, have open support tickets, but keep getting the "we're sorry, please wait longer" response. Here's the response I got on 8/30.

Thank you for your waiting and your patience. We are sorry to inform you that we do have updates only as informed through earlier mails and we are not able to provide an ETA on any transactions.

Since we are clearing many pending withdrawals by increasing the transaction speed we do hope that your withdrawals will also be cleared soon without much of the waiting.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

The cynic in me is starting to believe they just don't have the cash, and are waiting to get enough.. .panic causing insolvency. Mid July I bought coin (at a loss) and pulled all my money out (except my outstanding transfers) that way. I don't trust Gox any more.
Jump to: