Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 286. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
September 04, 2013, 09:53:41 AM
@ sturle:
what about your withdraw? ^^  How long it should take before u made ur own counterexample? Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 04, 2013, 06:17:47 AM
      Received SEPA yesterday from mid july. Small-ish one.   
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 05:46:57 AM
To contrast some reports that SEPA transfers are now fast, I just yesterday received a 1000€ SEPA withdrawal that I made on May 8th 2013 (so almost 4 months). Previous payment I received was on Aug 14th for a withdrawal made just day before on May 7th (also 1000€). I have 2 more 1000€ withdrawals pending made on May 10th and May 14th.

Since apparently some people are receiving SEPA withdrawals with minimal waiting, the claim that Mt. Gox is working on a "queue" is quite laughable from my perspective. My theory is that everybody receives "something" every few weeks in effort to calm people down.

yes but the queue is not of their bank, that MUST process a sepa in 1 working day by european law...

is MTGOX'S database queue based on the bank limits. If they know that the bank can do, for example, every day 10 sepa or 10.000 euro and not more, So you ask for a sepa, your request stay on their database N days, and so when they ask to the bank, the bank do this sepa in 1 working day as must be by law.  

In this way they can say "WE DO SEPA TRANSFER"!!! but you have to wait 1/2 months  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
September 04, 2013, 03:08:42 AM
Gox local JP withdrawals may now also be delayed.   Where as my previous withdrawals to a local Japanese account were 1 day.  My last withdrawal is now going into day 5 with no sign of being deposited into my account.  This one particular withdrawal is only a few thousand dollars.   Lets see how long this takes.
Interesting.  I know there have been delays earlier due to very high JPY withdrawal volume.  I suspect this is due to MtGox having to move money from their deposits in other currencies to a JPY account before being able to process more withdrawals, and this may (or may not) take a few days depending on how MtGox have placed their money.  You could try asking in #mtgox or ask support directly.
legendary
September 04, 2013, 02:59:10 AM
To contrast some reports that SEPA transfers are now fast, I just yesterday received a 1000€ SEPA withdrawal that I made on May 8th 2013 (so almost 4 months). Previous payment I received was on Aug 14th for a withdrawal made just day before on May 7th (also 1000€). I have 2 more 1000€ withdrawals pending made on May 10th and May 14th.
This is exactly as expected and explained earlier in the thread.  To give all users a fair chance to withdraw, your next withdrawals will go to the long queue when one is processed.  Currently this long queue is about 10 business days (depends on the queue size for new withdrawals).  In order to get your money faster, you should cancel the two 1k withdrawals you have left, and make one withdrawal of 2k.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
September 04, 2013, 01:54:35 AM

Since apparently some people are receiving SEPA withdrawals with minimal waiting, the claim that Mt. Gox is working on a "queue" is quite laughable from my perspective. My theory is that everybody receives "something" every few weeks in effort to calm people down.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 03, 2013, 09:16:19 PM
Gox local JP withdrawals may now also be delayed.   Where as my previous withdrawals to a local Japanese account were 1 day.  My last withdrawal is now going into day 5 with no sign of being deposited into my account.  This one particular withdrawal is only a few thousand dollars.   Lets see how long this takes.

Interesting. I wonder if the 1 payment per 20 days rule applies to japanese as well.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
September 03, 2013, 05:49:34 PM
Maybe gox is buying low from other sources(bitstamp, btc-e, etc).. and selling it high on gox.. someone alert the owners from bitstamp, etc about this possible shenanigan and stop it at its source.
Well, Gox "promised" not to do that.  What does seem evident is that they have whales proxies who are getting their wires prioritized in order to keep liquidity flowing through the exchange.  Otherwise the price would have been $10,000 yesterday. 
Is there "liquidity flowing through the exchange?" Or is most of the volume just trading back and forth within Mt. Gox's system?

If some "whale" was able to get money out and exploit that huge spread, the spread would shrink.

Nagle, do you read Forbes?

Apparently ... Forbes reads you:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2013/09/03/how-bitcoin-spreads-violate-a-fundamental-economic-law/
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 03, 2013, 05:01:13 PM
Or is this an arb opportunity that only Euro Users are really taking advantage of 1,000 EUR at a time?

why do you think the arb exists? if it were easy to exploit, then the market would do so, and then it would no longer exist
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Find me at Bitrated
September 03, 2013, 03:35:07 PM
So as a U.S. customer it won't be easy for me to use SEPA (which is unfortunate because people say that's the only withdrawal method really working)

So which option is realistically feasible other than BTC?  Swift? Or is this an arb opportunity that only Euro Users are really taking advantage of 1,000 EUR at a time?
legendary
September 02, 2013, 10:21:07 AM
this is misinformation, there is a big list of people on this thread and other who are getting sepa transfers apparently within a couple days in most cases...
1. Verified accounts can do a maximum of 1000 EUR withdraws at a time. That's a ridiculously low amount, it's a joke. That being said...
10 000 EUR.  You have to ask support to increase your limits above 1k EUR / 100 BTC.  This is a security feature.  I keep my BTC limit well below max, just in case.
September 02, 2013, 09:30:36 AM
this is misinformation, there is a big list of people on this thread and other who are getting sepa transfers apparently within a couple days in most cases...

i don't know... maybe yes.
But from my side, i had a 30 days delay and i don't want to risk again. Sorry.
I lost money, not jokes, by converting again EUR to BTC to withdraw in safe way but in wrong period Sad

btw, S.E.P.A. is an european interbank agreement, and MUST ARRIVES IN 1 WORKING DAY BY EUROPEAN LAWS, not opinions or subjective things...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
September 02, 2013, 09:20:12 AM
You should be able to increase your sepa limit to a much bigger treadshold, just email gox.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
September 02, 2013, 09:09:42 AM
excuse me... SOMEONE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS IN BTC (not sepa or bank or other) WITHDRAW?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3063524

so for BTC withdraw from mgox there are no delay or problem?
it's important because IMHO i think that mtgox can still be used only for trading: but when you have to withdraw currencies via sepa or normal bank transfer, it's better to withdraw btc from mtgox, and so, put btc to convert in another exchange in which bank transfer work well

September 02, 2013, 08:59:01 AM
excuse me... SOMEONE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS IN BTC (not sepa or bank or other) WITHDRAW?

so for BTC withdraw from mgox there are no delay or problem?
it's important because IMHO i think that mtgox can still be used only for trading: but when you have to withdraw currencies via sepa or normal bank transfer, it's better to withdraw btc from mtgox, and so, put btc to convert in another exchange in which bank transfer work well
legendary
Activity: 1176
September 02, 2013, 08:22:16 AM
September 02, 2013, 06:47:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
September 01, 2013, 04:20:17 AM
is there a way for a US citizen to establish a japanese bank so we can get withdrawals instantly?
NO

In the last 50 days on average 20k of Bitcoins (USD) where traded per day on gox.
A year ago before the spike and all 34k of Bitcoins changed hands per day. So a workload reduction of about 1/3!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
August 31, 2013, 10:14:38 PM
is there a way for a US citizen to establish a japanese bank so we can get withdrawals instantly?
legendary
August 31, 2013, 06:04:57 PM
I can't submit any kind of proof which you are going to accept. It is a case where proving compliance is very difficult.  It would require me to go through every detail of their operations, showing that everything is according to Japanese law (which I don't know).  Proving the opposite would be very easy, however.  Just find one example of MtGox doing something which is not in full compliance with Japanese laws or regulations.  Perhaps you could try that, and agree that MtGox is compliant unless we can find an example of MtGox breaking any law or regulation in Japan or other countries where it is represented (e.g. Poland).
Here's a summary of the Payment Services Act in Japan:

The PSA will allow companies that are not licensed Banks to engage in the business of ‘money remittance transactions’ in Japan provided that: (i) they are registered as ‘fund transfer business operators’ (operators); and (ii) they are able to engage in services to the extent that such transactions fall under the category of a ‘certain small amount of transactions’. Details of the ‘certain small amount’ mentioned in (ii) above will be provided for in the cabinet order. However, in light of discussions at the National Diet of Japan, such amount is expected to be between JPY500,000 and JPY1,000,000 or less. An entity which intends to be an operator will be subject to a registration requirement and certain regulations including the security of its assets and other customer protection measures, supervision and measures against money laundering.
Mt. Gox has to register under the Payment Services Act as a "Funds Transfer Business Operator", or become a bank or a "financial instruments firm".
Why?  MtGox don't transfer funds, except via banks.  Banks are licensed.  If sending money via banks was illegal without a license, it would be impossible to do any kind of business without this license.
Jump to: