Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 340. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 20, 2013, 09:22:19 AM
You will like this news then: MT.GOX PRESS : Statement Regarding Temporary Hiatus on U.S. Dollar Withdrawals.

So no USD withdrawals outright for 2 weeks. At least they are upfront about it, rather than 'stalling'.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
June 20, 2013, 05:59:38 AM
I am waiting a week now for 4 seperate US Wire transfers to hit my bank. This process normally takes 24 - 72 hours. Support has kindly answered ,they appologized and would process, but that was 2 days ago and still waiting. Im surprised others aren't having same problems.

Something is definitely weird about this.

They've been bullshitting you for two weeks.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
put me on speeddial#1
June 20, 2013, 05:51:24 AM
Hi Bitarrow,

Others are having the same problems.

Please keep us updated about the situation.

Personally I moved almost all my volume to Bitstamp. They do very fast withdrawals.

I know someone else is going to comment on Bitstamp prices and liquidity compared to Mt.Gox, but what good is price and liquidity, if you have to wait at least 2 or 3 weeks on both SEPA and international withdrawals?

And if Mt.Gox does not solve this issue anytime soon, volume/liquidity will increase much more on Bitstamp.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
June 19, 2013, 02:51:51 PM
I am waiting a week now for 4 seperate US Wire transfers to hit my bank. This process normally takes 24 - 72 hours. Support has kindly answered ,they appologized and would process, but that was 2 days ago and still waiting. Im surprised others aren't having same problems.

Something is definitely weird about this.
Activity: 70
June 19, 2013, 12:44:04 PM
Hi!
What are the experiences with withdrawing Złoty to a Polish account from MtGox?
Are these the same problems as with SEPA transfers, or does it work better?
Have there been any problems in the past with Złoty withdrawals?
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
June 05, 2013, 01:17:47 PM
After 5 and a half weeks I finally got mtgox to cancel my 4K EUR withdrawal and put the funds back into my account and I've pulled everything out as BTC to sell elsewhere.

Support didn't do anything except send links to the same stupid FAQ that said 'up to 3 weeks' despite my waiting over 5. I don't think they would have done anything at all if I didn't send private messages on this board to users MagicalTux and Mt.Gox Support.

As a trusted and documented user of mtgox their site claims I can withdraw up to 10,000 EUR a day but realistically they stall forever on any EUR withdrawal and won't even cancel it unless you make all sorts of noise.

tl;dr Don't use mtgox if you want to get EUR out, it doesn't work.
Activity: 569
June 05, 2013, 08:06:46 AM
I received my SEPA today. According to my account history I requested it on May 14th, so 3 weeks ago.

means nothing without the amount ,   probably less than 4000 EUR  to got so quick  (or less than 1000)
on bitstamp i could withdraw 10000 EUR within 2 days  with SEPA (after 4 weeks "pending"  at mtgox )
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
June 05, 2013, 12:41:23 AM
Just an update, my payment from gox to bofa is now showing as pending.

So about 5 business days after requesting it
sd
June 03, 2013, 05:07:34 PM
I received my SEPA today. According to my account history I requested it on May 14th, so 3 weeks ago.

If you don't mind me asking what was the amount?
Activity: 311
Merit: 251
Bitcoin.se site owner
June 03, 2013, 04:56:46 PM
sd
June 03, 2013, 03:43:25 PM
I requested a SEPA withdrawal two weeks ago.
First my withdrawal was in status "pending", a few days later in "confirmed" - and now it's back again in "pending".

I am still waiting for my money.

WTF!?

I've been waiting 5 weeks now. Today I asked if they can cancel the withdrawal and put the money back in my account, I got mails saying my support ticket has been merged with an older ticket and nothing else. No action, no communication, no indication whatsoever that they are actually going to do anything.

This really stinks, they said 2 weeks and it's been nearly 6. I'm sticking to my original plan and handing this debt to debt collectors on Friday because I'm sick of gox's stalling tactics.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
June 03, 2013, 07:16:59 AM
I requested a SEPA withdrawal two weeks ago.
First my withdrawal was in status "pending", a few days later in "confirmed" - and now it's back again in "pending".

I am still waiting for my money.

WTF!?

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
June 02, 2013, 03:52:43 AM
I requested $100 test withdraws to 3 different banks via International Wire last week on wednesday. Will report back when they are received.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
June 02, 2013, 01:56:28 AM
I asked them to cancel my last withdrawal and the did within an hour. Very nice service, considering that it is Sunday. However the fact that it is Sunday and they CAN do this proves that my withdrawal never reached the bank.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
June 02, 2013, 01:00:38 AM
Finally canceled my Int. Wire after more than 2 weeks of NOTHING happening.
Zeroing out my account.
Activity: 65
May 31, 2013, 07:31:23 PM
Did a int. wire transfer. My bank rejected it because MtGox did not provide any details of who it was from (incomplete address and sender information). Got my money back -$50 after 30 days and too many emails to mtgox. USA here

MtGox is 100% trash.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 06:04:59 PM
A couple of days ago, I requested a cancellation of my withdrawals at Mt.Gox, and within 2 hours the withdrawal was cancelled and money returned. Bought Bitcoins again, and transferred them to Bitstamp for withdrawal on the fast lane... .. .

And paid their unreasonably high transaction fees again?

What we need is an exchange that doesn't suck. Things that suck, in no particular order
  • taxing users a percentage of their capital just to deposit or withdraw
  • low liquidity
  • slow paying of withdrawals
  • slow processing of deposits
  • weeks to verify
  • lack of payment options
  • slow order matching (engine lag)
  • punitive currency conversion commissions
  • untrustworthy order matching
  • excessive trading commission

To my knowledge all current exchanges suck.

More directly OT is Has The Fall of MtGox Already Begun?
sd
May 31, 2013, 04:38:43 PM
A couple of days ago, I requested a cancellation of my withdrawals at Mt.Gox, and within 2 hours the withdrawal was cancelled and money returned. Bought Bitcoins again, and transferred them to Bitstamp for withdrawal on the fast lane... .. .

And paid their unreasonably high transaction fees again?
Activity: 89
put me on speeddial#1
May 31, 2013, 12:10:11 PM
And while we are at it, I believe a 1000 limit per day for Verified accounts is also too low. I know they have a trusted level. But for Verified, 1000 is too low. What's the use of being able to send out 1000 euro? If total bank costs/fees (both sides) are somewhere between 20-50 euro, that is between 2% and 5%. That's just silly. In my opinion they could leave the monthly limit at 10.000 euro, but make at least the day limit more than 1000 euro. The day limit automatically sets the fee for a withdrawal on any specific day to an uneconomical level....................ok.....breath again.............   Wink
Dunno if you requested raising your limits?
After I got verified I got an email oabout how I could raise my limits.
Now I'm able to send 10k a day and 50k a month.

Excuse me, I checked my Verification email and you are right. It's indeed possible to increase the limit 10x the daily limit and 5x monthly limit, to indeed 10K day and 50K month. Thank you very much for pointing that out to me.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
May 31, 2013, 11:56:22 AM
And while we are at it, I believe a 1000 limit per day for Verified accounts is also too low. I know they have a trusted level. But for Verified, 1000 is too low. What's the use of being able to send out 1000 euro? If total bank costs/fees (both sides) are somewhere between 20-50 euro, that is between 2% and 5%. That's just silly. In my opinion they could leave the monthly limit at 10.000 euro, but make at least the day limit more than 1000 euro. The day limit automatically sets the fee for a withdrawal on any specific day to an uneconomical level....................ok.....breath again.............   Wink
Dunno if you requested raising your limits?
After I got verified I got an email oabout how I could raise my limits.
Now I'm able to send 10k a day and 50k a month.
Jump to: