Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 335. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
July 17, 2013, 01:38:09 PM
Gox is also still holding all the Bitcoinica funds hostage. The court appointed liquidator has been unable to withdraw these funds (tens of thousands of BTC) for at least 7 months exposing all depositors that are still waiting for their money back (1+ years later) to additional delays, more legal fees and additional counterparty risk. Way to go Gox.
sd
Activity: 730
July 17, 2013, 01:12:22 PM
So basically they are lying about the back logs of May and early June since many of you were still having your wires processed?  Same goes for the individuals in early June from this thread. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225707.20

Lying is nothing new to GOX, they lied to me a few times when I was trying to withdraw by SEPA. They could not even keep their lies consistent telling me transfers will take 2 to 4 weeks from submission after I had already waited 7 weeks. GOX are jokers.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
July 17, 2013, 12:10:51 PM
We are expecting that your withdrawal should be processed with in a week since all the back logs of May and June 1 st week cleared now
Michael Support

Seems to be true. I did a withdrawal on the 4th of June. The status of the withdrawal changed today from "confirmed" to "pending". Typically the money is then credited two days later. Thus, the money should be in my bank account by Friday. I'll let you know.

And always remember: "Don't panic!"  Wink

P.S.: I had no contact with the Mt Gox support.
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 17, 2013, 11:18:01 AM
FWIW...

We have had USD withdrawals (a few $K total) in limbo since June 12.

We are based in the UK, so whatever the issue is, it's not US-specific.

On a better note: yesterday we gave up and demanded they cancel the withdrawals so we can switch USD to BTC and get out.

They did that within a day, we now have our money.

So... if you're desperate for your lost Gox dollars, that's your answer. Also seems to bolster the story that they are just overwhelmed, unprepared, way behind and covering up. To cancel ours meant they hadn't processed up to June 12 yet...

Not brilliant situation, but better than it could be.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 17, 2013, 11:13:56 AM

when you said "[..] since all the back logs of May and June 1 st week cleared now", is this regarding EUR SEPA transfers or also USD and bank wires?
Michael Support

EUR SEPA
Michael Support

PLN too
*me*

What is the current USD backlog status? I don't have a USD withdrawal request, but many people have and they are worried as well.
Michael Support

USD or international transfer of funds are processing, but a bit slowly
Michael Support

So basically they are lying about the back logs of May and early June since many of you were still having your wires processed?  Same goes for the individuals in early June from this thread. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225707.20
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 09:34:48 AM
I would suggest to list not only the country, but the bank (bank group) you use to get the money out of MtGox.
Just telling SEPA, SWIFT or other is not enough to understand what is happening.

I was getting SWIFT transfers from Gox to my bank accounts at chase and bank of america (in the usa, both banks utilizie citigroup as the intermediary bank) with only a 1-3 day delay during the first couple weeks of june. It was only at the end of june where things really started becoming a problem.
Activity: 453
Merit: 254
July 17, 2013, 08:36:02 AM
I would suggest to list not only the country, but the bank (bank group) you use to get the money out of MtGox.
Just telling SEPA, SWIFT or other is not enough to understand what is happening.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:33:50 AM
TL;DR — he claims that SEPA EUR and PLN withdrawal backlog is at 1st week of june

Sadly not true. My SEPA EUR withdrawals from 2013-04-19 and onwards are still stuck at "confirmed".

That's strange. I received with no problems three biggish withdrawals requested in mid-June - those arrived to my account in only 2/3 days (SEPA).

Didn't try to withdraw anything for a month or so, but before that Gox worked like a charm for me.

I was also getting SWIFT wires to the USA in the standers 1-3 day timeframe as they always did during early june. Didn't start having problems till middle-late june.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
July 17, 2013, 05:28:03 AM
TL;DR — he claims that SEPA EUR and PLN withdrawal backlog is at 1st week of june

Sadly not true. My SEPA EUR withdrawals from 2013-04-19 and onwards are still stuck at "confirmed".

That's strange. I received with no problems three biggish withdrawals requested in mid-June - those arrived to my account in only 2/3 days (SEPA).

Didn't try to withdraw anything for a month or so, but before that Gox worked like a charm for me.
db
Activity: 279
Merit: 261
July 17, 2013, 05:24:02 AM

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:14:50 AM

This frustrating situation is enough to drive one to drink (if either of these could be found).

Use to love Great Divide brewery when I lived in denver (at least i think that's the one).
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:14:02 AM
I'm not an idiot.  I canceled my withdrawals and transferred everything out in Bitcoin the day the withdrawal notice went up.

Not necessarily a bad idea.... depending on how close to the front of the queue you were.

I sold everything at a gain in the past 2 days.

But how do you find out what position in the queue you are in?
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:13:27 AM
I'm not an idiot.  I canceled my withdrawals and transferred everything out in Bitcoin the day the withdrawal notice went up.

Not necessarily a bad idea.... depending on how close to the front of the queue you were.

I've seen several reports of funds being received in the past few days.

Where?

Several posts on these forums.... I'm too lazy to find them.  And of course, take forum posts with a grain of salt.

I have not seen one report here of a person in the USA receiving a wire. Only two people, on in 'asia' and the other in japan.

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:12:45 AM
Anyone else thinking of legal actions? MtGox has now stopped their support as well, it seems.

Certainly, yes! We customers have deposited a lot of money there, and that money cannot just evaporate. They can be frozen, ot stealen. MtGox should provide more info now!

How much more info do you need?

They explained they would shut down for a while.

They explained they are back with several new banks, but it will take a while to ramp up and to work through the backlog.

They explained new requests would not be processed until the backlog was handled.

Doesn't look like the backlog is being handled though...

I've seen several reports of funds being received in the past few days, but feel free to continue worrying.  It will remind you to be careful who you give your money to next time.

Thanks, i'm sitting on a nice profit on most of my money in gox, so when it does get withdrawn it'll be a nice little "thank you" due to the people like you who got nervous and drove the price on gox up 10% above the other exchanges for a few days.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 17, 2013, 05:11:53 AM
Anyone else thinking of legal actions? MtGox has now stopped their support as well, it seems.

Certainly, yes! We customers have deposited a lot of money there, and that money cannot just evaporate. They can be frozen, ot stealen. MtGox should provide more info now!

How much more info do you need?

They explained they would shut down for a while.

They explained they are back with several new banks, but it will take a while to ramp up and to work through the backlog.

They explained new requests would not be processed until the backlog was handled.

Doesn't look like the backlog is being handled though...

I've seen several reports of funds being received in the past few days, but feel free to continue worrying.  It will remind you to be careful who you give your money to next time.

Where do you see these reports?
Activity: 574
July 17, 2013, 04:50:21 AM

I think it is this: "confirmed  => pending => processed"

So you might have progress there!

I hope so. I will keep people updated when (if) my funds arrive.

Has anyone received these unicorn wire transfers since the stated back online media release Huh
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 17, 2013, 04:45:18 AM

I hope so. I will keep people updated when (if) my funds arrive.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
July 17, 2013, 03:45:28 AM
Interestingly, after the conversation with support (see a few posts above), the status of my withdrawal has changed from "confirmed" to "pending".

I don't remember the sequence of withdrawal statuses, but isn't it usually "pending => confirmed => processed" ?

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
July 17, 2013, 03:43:15 AM
Interestingly, after the conversation with support (see a few posts above), the status of my withdrawal has changed from "confirmed" to "pending".

I don't remember the sequence of withdrawal statuses, but isn't it usually "pending => confirmed => processed" ?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
July 17, 2013, 03:09:16 AM
I guess that everyone is selling at a loss @ bitstamp.
Any better alternatives? Smiley

Depends where you live.
Jump to: