Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 338. (Read 908613 times)

sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
July 14, 2013, 01:52:16 PM

After suffering from GOX refusing to give me my money or tell me why for 7 weeks I went to bitcoin.de. I can now sell BTC and get the cash within 3 work days max. No excuses, no BS, lower fees, and as it works with direct SEPA transfers you never have someone else holding onto your money.

If you want to sell BTC for EUR GOX is a terrible way of doing that. Bitcoin.de works great for me. I never tried bitstamp.

Here is my referral link (which gives me 10% of the 0.5% you pay on future transactions at no cost to you):
https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/hevpfs
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
July 14, 2013, 05:45:49 AM
Considering moving to Bitstamp. Anybody here who did succesful withdrawals from there recently?
Yes, but only the equivalent of one bitcoin. It took 2 or 3 days!

Two to three days is the standard time for international wire.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
July 13, 2013, 07:52:14 PM
Considering moving to Bitstamp. Anybody here who did succesful withdrawals from there recently?
Yes, but only the equivalent of one bitcoin. It took 2 or 3 days!
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
July 13, 2013, 09:01:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2013, 08:26:43 AM
Is it time to buy BTC and transfer out? What exchange can I count on to get me my money?

Bitstamp, then you will have your fiat currency in just a couple of days. In the last 3 months I had no problems / delays with Bitstamp.

I did it that way, I prefer to pay Mt. Gox buy fee, and Bitstamp sell fee, and the loss due to price difference at Mt.Gox and Bitstamp and then get my fiat currency in a couple of days, instead of waiting for weeks at Mt.Gox

And now I switched all my volume to Bitstamp and use Bitstamp as reference price for trades (instead of Mt.Gox), so I am not going back to Mt. Gox anytime soon.

What good is a higher/lower price if you can't cash out?

Same here.

There's no guarantee that Bitstamp won't screw us too, but at least they have never done anything yet to make people doubt them.  While there are a number of things about Bitstamp that bug me; concern about them going bust is not one of them. Gox has given cause for concern many times.

Where is that shiny new Gox trading engine?  Where is the litecoin support?  They have failed to deliver time and time again.  It makes people worried to use them.

In the long run it's best for Bitcoin if Gox just fades away to a 20-30% market share and then continues to operate.  While hopefully some other exchanges (bitstamp, campbx, btc-e, etc) pick up the slack.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
July 13, 2013, 07:16:33 AM
Is it time to buy BTC and transfer out? What exchange can I count on to get me my money?

BitStamp order matching engine is "suboptimal", but I have never had issues with large withdrawals. The longest I have ever waited with them is one week.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
put me on speeddial#1
July 12, 2013, 06:01:39 PM

Bitstamp, then you will have your fiat currency in just a couple of days. In the last 3 months I had no problems / delays with Bitstamp.

I did it that way, I prefer to pay Mt. Gox buy fee, and Bitstamp sell fee, and the loss due to price difference at Mt.Gox and Bitstamp and then get my fiat currency in a couple of days, instead of waiting for weeks at Mt.Gox

And now I switched all my volume to Bitstamp and use Bitstamp as reference price for trades (instead of Mt.Gox), so I am not going back to Mt. Gox anytime soon.

What good is a higher/lower price if you can't cash out?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 12, 2013, 02:34:38 PM
You could use BitStamp.  Coinbase would be the easiest.
Activity: 24
July 12, 2013, 02:10:45 PM
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 12, 2013, 01:36:55 PM
Mt.Gox users are buying BTC and moving it out of Mt.Gox as evidenced by the spread between Mt.Gox, Bitstamp, and btc-e... nearly $6-8 now. Same thing happened a few weeks ago before a selloff to $66. 
Activity: 18
July 12, 2013, 01:27:52 PM
Last time I received EUR was end of May, waiting for multiple payouts since. Unacceptable is, that they just stopped handing their customers money back. When you get mail from their support it seems a bit they are doing you a favor when they accept a withdrawal. Well it's their bloody duty to fulfill them and that in a timely manner. Waiting 50days+ on the longest outstanding one, absolutely not acceptable.
There were talks that there daily transfer limit in Euro is limited, I find that hard to believe, honestly. Even if, that limit should be well in the 7 digits.
My feeling is they are running dry due to the loss in btc value. Some might have bought some btc back, but the fiat MtGox holds will have shrunk drastically since the peaks in April. Maybe that combined with some not even malicious chaotic accountancy and they rely on fresh fiat coming in. Unlikely to happen as the hype is gone and there are fewer and fewer outsiders jumping into the scheme. Avoiding the P-word...
Well, once I got my cash, I am out of MtGox.

Someone asked, my bank usually charged a flat fee of EUR 10. So mtgox fee + 10. Acceptable I'd say.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
July 12, 2013, 06:10:45 AM
withdrawal euro 5\20 1000E 50 days waiting nothing for moment
i have 2 other 6\4 and 6\5 transfer 40 days waiting

mt gox say me wait ... 1 year 2 ? i dont know ....

cancel, wait for a good moment, buy btc and sell on bitstamp
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
July 12, 2013, 06:02:30 AM
It may seem like client's money has been spent or stolen by mtgox. They have not been able to give any plausible explanation. I have $20k stuck at gox. I suggest that those of us in the same situation should gather and be prepared for a collective lawsuit (class action). We cannot wait forever. The company and the people behind it shall not get away with this.
Activity: 75
July 11, 2013, 07:55:14 AM
need update please
Activity: 75
July 11, 2013, 07:31:52 AM
withdrawal euro 5\20 1000E 50 days waiting nothing for moment
i have 2 other 6\4 and 6\5 transfer 40 days waiting

mt gox say me wait ... 1 year 2 ? i dont know ....
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
July 10, 2013, 01:45:42 AM
Didn't they claim to have processed over a million dollars in withdrawals over the "two week" break? Odd that there have been zero posts here saying they received USD over that period.

They may be prioritizing wires based on account or wire size rather than chronological order.

Yes. I believe that they give platinum service to their whale customers before anyone else:

Loaded, are you getting any vibes about whether the Dwolla problem is scaring fiat off Mt Gox, or no real impact?

I have received over $250k in wires from Gox since the Dwolla account seizure with no issues. Hopefully they will obtain the proper licensing and have it all resolved soon.

That was 7 weeks ago...
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 01:17:50 AM
Didn't they claim to have processed over a million dollars in withdrawals over the "two week" break? Odd that there have been zero posts here saying they received USD over that period.

They may be prioritizing wires based on account or wire size rather than chronological order.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 12:22:11 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 08, 2013, 12:54:06 PM
Has anybody received any SWIFT payment from gox in the past 2 weeks? They say they are slowly going out in queue, but i haven't heard any reports of anybody actually receiving one.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 08, 2013, 12:22:34 PM
If anyone receives any international wire transfer (SWIFT) during this week from Gox, let us know from which bank the funds are sent.
Many of us are wondering if Gox having 'new banking partners' is a verified claim!
Jump to: